• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] The Multiverse Theory

20nickelback12

Duel Monsters/Pokemon Champ
Years
  • Greetings, people! Some of you may remember me from the Rift Theory thread I posted earlier, but now I'm going to discuss something that might go along with the Rift Theory: The Multiverse Theory.

You see, the Multiverse Theory is the theory that each choice we make creates another, alternate universe. Need an example? Okay, here's a simple one:

Question:Will you take this Pencil?
    A)Yes
    B)No

No matter what you chose, you just created another universe. For example, if you said 'yes', you created another universe where you said 'no', and there are many choices and consequences that follow. As another example: There is a separate universe where 9/11 never happened.

It goes along with the Rift Theory in that it would explain the dramatic change the Pokemon undergo.

Want to know more or dispute me? Leave a comment below!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I always kinda subscribed to this theory myself. One way that you could look at it is that every person's game cartridge represents a different parallel universe. While the Pokemon games all include the same stuff, no two people play the game the exact same way. We all use different names, use different Pokemon, and go about our journeys in somewhat different manners and have different feelings about them. How exactly the events in my Y played out are not exactly the same as in yours.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Greetings, people! Some of you may remember me from the Rift Theory thread I posted earlier, but now I'm going to discuss something that might go along with the Rift Theory: The Multiverse Theory.

You see, the Multiverse Theory is the theory that each choice we make creates another, alternate universe. Need an example? Okay, here's a simple one:

Question:Will you take this Pencil?
    A)Yes
    B)No

No matter what you chose, you just created another universe. For example, if you said 'yes', you created another universe where you said 'no', and there are many choices and consequences that follow. As another example: There is a separate universe where 9/11 never happened.

It goes along with the Rift Theory in that it would explain the dramatic change the Pokemon undergo.

Want to know more or dispute me? Leave a comment below!

So basically , There would be an Alternate Universe where Pokemon exist ! right .

20nickelback12

Duel Monsters/Pokemon Champ
    Years
  • Yes, possibly. Although, they might not be the Pokemon that we see in the cartoons or play on games. These "Pokemon" would be slightly different, given that different mutations might have occurred over time and the choosing of mates would have changed, producing different offspring. But, that's just in nature.

Perhaps, there is also another universe where time has passed much quicker, and scientists have created a way to genetically modify animals and humans into "Pokemon." But, hey, that's just a theory. A Game Theo---wait, wrong place.

Back