• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The name of the "third version"?

And who is the mascot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
    I believe it will be Opal version.

Giratina's name is derived from Girasol.

Girasol = A kind of Opal

Diamond, Pearl and Opal are all types of jewel

So the third version could be called Opal.

What they said. It's pretty much certain. Dialga and Palkia. Diamond and Pearl. See a pattern emerging?

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    Ok, here's what I think. First off, someone in another topic made the discovery that if you go to www.pokemonopal.com you get redirected to www.nintendo.com/countryselector and after trying this, it did work. However, I also tried www.pokemontopaz.com and it gave me the same result. Then again, www.pokemonquartz.com gave me a non-loading page. Just a white page that never loaded. www.pokemongarnet.com and www.pokemonquartzite.com on the other hand, gave me the Live Search Page Cannot Be Found No Results thing. So I think Nintendo currently have two names in the running that are redirecting to their site atm. Opal and Topaz. www.pokemonaquamarine.com, www.pokemonmoonstone.com and www.pokemonamethyest.com returned no results as well.

So now, let's have a look at previous 3rd version games. Pokémon Yellow - a special edition where your starter is a Pikachu and you can obtain a surfing Pikachu as well as obtaining all the starters with in the game. Pikachu also follows you instead of just being normally in your party.

Crystal changed the storyline a bit - while Entei and Raikou ran off, you could this time actually have a proper battle with Suicune.

Emerald rearranged the storyline and the game a bit. Kyogre and Groudon were only obtained AFTER the Pokémon League was beaten and Rayquaza BEFORE this time round. As well as that, Wallace was the champion, Steven was in Meteor Falls and Wallace's mentor was Sootopolis gym leader. You also had to go and fetch Rayquaza to stop K&G's rampage and finally, both Team Magma and Team Aqua were against you and you could actually access the Magma base this time which introduce a new item - the Magma Emblem.

Diamond and Pearl had a good storyline however, there wasn't heaps to it. By changing R/S when Emerald was released, it's easy to see how little changes made a huge impact on rearranging the storyline and making it bigger and better. They could easily do that for a new game. As with everyone else, I think Giratina could be the next Pokémon on the cover (the mascot).

However, no one has really thought of Heatran or Regigigas. I think Heatran can be crossed out but what about Regigigas? I think it's either Giratina or Regigigas. Why? 11th movie anyone? It contains them both, as well as Shaymin but he is likely to be discluded as the mascot due to being an event Pokémon which also rules out Darkrai and Arceus.

What else? Well Regigigas has gems on him representing Regice, Reigsteel and Regirock. He also has gold on him and moss. I can't really remember but if I remember rightly, topaz has a goldy colour to it. Meaning it could well go along side Regigigas.

With the undecided new title, I think Nintendo has registered the domains www.pokemonopal.com and www.pokemontopaz.com until they decide on one, create it and create a mini-site for it (if they do a mini-site).

Finally, I would like to close with this: There may not be a 3rd Sinnoh game. Unfortunately, a new version of G/S/C was never made. But also, Fire Red and Leaf Green - remakes with new features. Mainly just to give us old Pokémon in new games. The sevii-islands got rid of the need for a Johto remake to get Johto Pokémon, aided by the Emerald Safari Zone extension with Johto Pokémon. Fire Red and Leaf Green though. They were remakes. But we never saw a 3rd version of them. In other words, they never remade Yellow. On purpose? Not enough time? No one knows. Except Nintendo....

Years
    I think Heatran can be crossed out but what about Regigigas?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless they tweak it so you dont need the three Regis for Regigigas, it wont be Regigigas.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Here We Go...

This is what I think...
    Dialga: Already used
    Palkia: Also already used
    Azelf: Very unlikely, because it has no main role in the game besides stopping Dialga+Palkia
    Uxie: See above
    Mesprit: Somewhat likely. It has a decent role in the game and (like Suicune) in the most used of the three in the game, BUT, think about it, two dragon creatures ruling time and space, and then; a tiny pink weakling that runs whenevr you approach it: no way.
    Cressilia: Huh. It might be it, because Moonstone could be the game title and it would bring peace to Dialga and Palkia, but it doesn't seem to fit between two evil dragons.
    Heatran: Actually sort of makes sense. Heatran plays a big role in the game, because you half to search in the huge mountain and it's mentioned in the islands in DP. But, it kind of falls back because it isn't even mentioned until you get to a far away volcano in a far away group of islands, and it really has no importance.
    Giratina: Most likely choice. It is also a fearsome dragon type, it has a sort of important role, and it's name does go with opal. Plus, the fearsome Giratina should of had a larger role anyway, so this would be it's chance to shine.
    Darkrai: Another likely choice. Its reference to Dialga and Palkia in the movie adds to my thought, but having an event Pokemon on the cover would ruin a chance for Nintendo to have another P-Mon event.
    Shaymin: A pathetic little grass hedgehog that I've never seen used. Yeah, sure.
    Arceus: Maybe, but Arceus has amazind stats with WAY too high stats. It wouldn't fit to have everyone having the most powerful Pokemon ever.

Maybe there won't be one, since the 4th gen covered all the other gens Pokemon. I sort of hope they're will be one just to have a new take on the best Pokemon game so far.

I'm sticking with Giratina and Pokemon Opal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My theory is that if they made a third 4th gen game, it'd be Opal. I forget why, but I think it has to do with Giratina D:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Ok, here's what I think. First off, someone in another topic made the discovery that if you go to www.pokemonopal.com you get redirected to www.nintendo.com/countryselector and after trying this, it did work. However, I also tried www.pokemontopaz.com and it gave me the same result. Then again, www.pokemonquartz.com gave me a non-loading page. Just a white page that never loaded. www.pokemongarnet.com and www.pokemonquartzite.com on the other hand, gave me the Live Search Page Cannot Be Found No Results thing. So I think Nintendo currently have two names in the running that are redirecting to their site atm. Opal and Topaz. www.pokemonaquamarine.com, www.pokemonmoonstone.com and www.pokemonamethyest.com returned no results as well.

With the undecided new title, I think Nintendo has registered the domains www.pokemonopal.com and www.pokemontopaz.com until they decide on one, create it and create a mini-site for it (if they do a mini-site).

Nice sleuthing, also Giratina's name is partly based on Girasol which I'm pretty sure somebody in this thread said was an Opal. And if it has an Opal on it's body somewhere, like Palkia's Shoulder and Dialga's Crest, then I'm 99.999999999999998% sure the game will be Giratina based.

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    Actually, I think it is most likely Opal HOWEVER don't forget, Nintendo has in their possestion two current websites that redirect to their site: www.pokemonopal.com AND www.pokemontopaz.com which are the two I am stuck in the middle of. You see, Giratina and Opal go together but as I already said, I reckon Regigigas and Topaz could possibly go together as well and seeing as they are both in the 11th movie, who knows what could happen.

Maybe we'll actually see something new - a 4th gen sequel like previous sequels but instead of a single sequel, it's a duo sequel meaning Topaz and Opal?

Who knows. But with both of those names owned by Nintendo, our best bet currently is to keep checking them every day until we find one that doesn't work any more or perhaps both. If only one of them suddenly becomes inactive and doesn't work any more, we know the other one is what the game will be. However, it could be that it's a dual-sequel.

If both go inactive though, either Nintendo is down or they are getting ready to announce the upcoming new game(s) and we will have to wait from then on.

I really doubt that a third version will be based on gritana.

Lets look at third versions of the past:

Yellow In my opinion, yellow served two purposes, both of which were used to keep interest in pokemon.
    1. To upgrade pokemon into a colored, more clear form. It gave pokemon the appearences that they would have for future versions of the game, as well as make a persons favorite pokemon more recognisable for other products in the pokemon marketing world.
    2. Draw people into pokemon. Pikachu is after all, a sort of "Flagship" pokemon. It also would perhaps atract those who were more interested in the anime.

Crystal Crystals purpose was an expansion on the Gold and silver games. It gave us a slightly expanded knowledge on the unknown, as well as an additional plotline. Suicune was its star. They could however insert it into the metal generation without having to worry about matching up with the other two mascots for gold and silver, Lugia, and Ho-Ho, because those two pokemon weren't really ever part of the plot.

Emerald This version fit in very well with the ruby and saphire plot. Groudon represented the land, while Kyogre represented the Seas. However, Rayquaza was already established in those versions as a representative of the sky. All three of these versions fit in very well with one another, forming a triangle of Earth, Water, and Sky.

Now, in the diamond pearl seires, there are also legendaries woven into the plot. These two are Palkia, of Space, and Dialga, of time. Space and Time are two pieces of the same pie, making up for the entirety of the universe.

So where could Gritana possibly fit in to the plot of Diamond and Pearl? It lives in another dimention. A weird Graveyard thing. So how does that fit into time and space? If you have generalized the universe down to consisting of time and space, there is no third peice to that.

Its a spooky Dragon Ghost thing that you can capture only after you defeat the elite four and see all pokemon in the D/P pokedex. Gritana isn't even in the Sinnoh Dex. I highly doubt that they would edit the Sinnoh Dex in order to make it so you need to have seen 151 pokemon, even if they could some how work it into the plot.

It isn't a "Flagship" pokemon. Its even obscure in a way. So it can't be like Yellow.

The plot has the main mascots already woven into the story line. So it can't be like Crystal.

It isn't a third peice of a trio, so it can't be emerald.

I admit that the name Opal would fit in very well with both Diamond and Pearl. But Gritana as a mascot makes almost no sense at all. Both of the Mascots of Diamond and Pearl had either a clearly defined pearl or diamon peice on them. Gritana has nothing of the sort.

So my money goes on one of the three spirits, purley because they are the only other legendaries that appear in the sinnoh dex. But evan one of them as a mascot makes little sense, because although they are a big part of the plot, they are represented in the plot as a trio. The legendary dogs were a trio, but one could be singled out because they were not originaly woven into the Gold Silver plotline. The three spirits are already represented in the plot, and as such, are stuck there.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Well, in the manga, the third member has the third game name (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald). So, whatever the third game name is, Lady Berlitz would be that name. But, anyway, I do like Opal, since Giratina has Opal in it's sprite (I think...)

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    Well you are right and wrong. I highly doubt it's one of the 4th gen trio. They already serve their purpose as you said. Giratina may not fit in under what you said BUT it does feature in the 11th movie as well as Regigigas. Which means it's possible either one of them could be it. You see, Regigigas isn't really explained much and neither is Giratina. I think that both of them have interesting backgrounds that could indeed be extended into new storyline extensions.

Remember, both of them are in the 11th movie and Dialga and Palkia again feature in the 11th movie too so there could be another link. Until the 11th movie, no one knows. But it's possible it might weave in with what you said, TheSilverVersion.

The thing is, there's the two of them. Which brings me back to the dual-sequel idea. Oh yes. The other thing. The Pokédex problem. Remember that the trio have a full storyline. It's complete. Remember that in Emerald, Kyogre and Groudon were woven into the storyline like R/S but weren't capturable until you beat the league which got you the National Dex. Now think about this - if you played through the game normally and battling most trainers, you'd also unlock the national dex in the 4th generation.

Regigigas and Giratina are also both found in the mainland and not in the Battle Zone. Further more, it's possible for them to add some 'legend and myth' stuff to the game about them as well because of what they did with Dialga and Palkia. Also, in Emerald, there was Team Magma's base introducded and a whole new look on the Groudon/Kyogre parts as they had changed a bit.

Two last things I'd like to bring to attention. In Emerald, the events happened between the 7th and 8th gym right? Well, in D/P, Regigigas is in the Snowpoint Temple. Snowpoint is the 7th gym. Coincidence?

Also, Spring Path. Takes you to... Sendoff Spring. This is part of the storyline never covered. There is something about a 4th lake and then suddenly you're there but... no story to it! Plus Giratina is in there. So much points towards Giratina. Same with Regigigas. I really think a dual-sequel could be the answer but I don't really have a clue...

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013

So now, let's have a look at previous 3rd version games. Pokémon Yellow - a special edition where your starter is a Pikachu and you can obtain a surfing Pikachu as well as obtaining all the starters with in the game. Pikachu also follows you instead of just being normally in your party.

Crystal changed the storyline a bit - while Entei and Raikou ran off, you could this time actually have a proper battle with Suicune.

Emerald rearranged the storyline and the game a bit. Kyogre and Groudon were only obtained AFTER the Pokémon League was beaten and Rayquaza BEFORE this time round. As well as that, Wallace was the champion, Steven was in Meteor Falls and Wallace's mentor was Sootopolis gym leader. You also had to go and fetch Rayquaza to stop K&G's rampage and finally, both Team Magma and Team Aqua were against you and you could actually access the Magma base this time which introduce a new item - the Magma Emblem.

Diamond and Pearl had a good storyline however, there wasn't heaps to it. By changing R/S when Emerald was released, it's easy to see how little changes made a huge impact on rearranging the storyline and making it bigger and better. They could easily do that for a new game. As with everyone else, I think Giratina could be the next Pokémon on the cover (the mascot).

However, no one has really thought of Heatran or Regigigas. I think Heatran can be crossed out but what about Regigigas? I think it's either Giratina or Regigigas. Why? 11th movie anyone? It contains them both, as well as Shaymin but he is likely to be discluded as the mascot due to being an event Pokémon which also rules out Darkrai and Arceus.

What else? Well Regigigas has gems on him representing Regice, Reigsteel and Regirock. He also has gold on him and moss. I can't really remember but if I remember rightly, topaz has a goldy colour to it. Meaning it could well go along side Regigigas.

Finally, I would like to close with this: There may not be a 3rd Sinnoh game. Unfortunately, a new version of G/S/C was never made. But also, Fire Red and Leaf Green - remakes with new features. Mainly just to give us old Pokémon in new games. The sevii-islands got rid of the need for a Johto remake to get Johto Pokémon, aided by the Emerald Safari Zone extension with Johto Pokémon. Fire Red and Leaf Green though. They were remakes. But we never saw a 3rd version of them. In other words, they never remade Yellow. On purpose? Not enough time? No one knows. Except Nintendo....

Ok that is so false about no johto games , I remember reading a article on bublapedia that there is data for a pokemon to be breed in johto , and caught in game , it is like R/S with kantp's FR/LG , ok and opal make too much sense( yet I don't approve of giratina as a mascot) , and why wouldn't they make a 3rd game , first of all only really thing to do after you beat game is "wifi battles" and if you arent compeitive then this doesn't matter to you , also you have to make emerald to shame , emerald was an awesome game , the battle frontier was so good , but on to real point when you consider this stuff think of johto because it is highly likely they will come out , so maybe some connection with them . Also a park ball has gold and top, silverish color on bottom and a crystal band please........... That is a major hint

I support darkrai and cressilia as Duel-mascots why?????? Because it would add something new. Every third brought a different type of mascot, yellow was so anime based, crystal's suicune was really random.........., emerald used the third legend of the more important trio. So what is stopping Nintendo from doing a duel mascot, it would make an interesting story, but then they would have to make a name for 2 pokes.

Last edited:

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    OMG aren't you an annoying person. I can't understand what the heck you're on about with your bad English. You are also completely wrong. Whilst Darkrai and Cresselia may fit for a Dual-mascot thing, it won't happen. Darkrai is probably one of the most liklely but he's an event. It won't happen. Even though he is referrenced throughout the game. Then again, so was Mew in another game or two. I can't remember which.

And yes, the Johto remakes DO NOT EXIST! Ask any normal person who knows this sort of stuff. Email Pokemon.com if you are so confident.

Damn you, you're an idiot. Just read my last post and don't even BOTHER posting if all you can say is random words and rubbish lies and rumours.

Ok that is so false about no johto games , I remember reading a article on bublapedia that there is data for a pokemon to be breed in johto , and caught in game , it is like R/S with kantp's FR/LG , ok and opal make too much sense( yet I don't approve of giratina as a mascot) , and why wouldn't they make a 3rd game , first of all only really thing to do after you beat game is "wifi battles" and if you arent compeitive then this doesn't matter to you , also you have to make emerald to shame , emerald was an awesome game , the battle frontier was so good , but on to real point when you consider this stuff think of johto because it is highly likely they will come out , so maybe some connection with them . Also a park ball has gold and top, silverish color on bottom and a crystal band please........... That is a major hint

I support darkrai and cressilia as Duel-mascots why?????? Because it would add something new. Every third brought a different type of mascot, yellow was so anime based, crystal's suicune was really random.........., emerald used the third legend of the more important trio. So what is stopping Nintendo from doing a duel mascot, it would make an interesting story, but then they would have to make a name for 2 pokes.

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Yeah I edited it so it would be understandable, sadly I though no one was looking and please the last part of your post made me want to throw up, the 3rd game is always the best part of the generation, people are still playing emerald because it is fun, D/P is nothing without wifi, the 3rd game always brings the extra "fun" stuff (I Just use the other versions to train) so Nintendo would be crazy not to do it.

Also there is nothing stopping Nintendo doing duel mascots, but if I had to pick one it would be giratina. Also even if is an event what difference does it make?

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    THANK YOU for fixing it. I never said anything about Diamond and Pearl being fun. They are though and I do have to agree the 'sequel' game is always better. Diamond and Pearl have brought a lot to play and not just WiFi so you're again wrong. No events are in-game and that has been the rule for... ever. Japan makes the rules remember. And they have already made their mind's up on that one. Never before have you been able to get an even pokemon in-game without cheating. Darkrai is no exception. It requires an item to get to and that is given away through an event. Too much reprogramming anyway.

Yeah I edited it so it would be understandable, sadly I though no one was looking and please the last part of your post made me want to throw up, the 3rd game is always the best part of the generation, people are still playing emerald because it is fun, D/P is nothing without wifi, the 3rd game always brings the extra "fun" stuff (I Just use the other versions to train) so Nintendo would be crazy not to do it.

Also there is nothing stopping Nintendo doing duel mascots, but if I had to pick one it would be giratina. Also even if is an event what difference does it make?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Ok to all those that believe in mesprit the only reason you believe in him is because of crystal, he is the one of the trio that stands out, but when we were guessing emerald we were using crystal logic, now were using emerald logic, if it was emerald based it would be giratina, if it was crystal based it would be mesprit, if it were yellow based then who cares????

I believe Nintendo will do something new and out of the blue ..... Maybe ROTOM *don't judge me*

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    TDB_leader, I think you're on to something now but who knows? I still support the dual-sequel idea of mine. It does behold a lot of logic. Rotom isn't legendary though but... Maybe they'll use him and extend the Old Chateau story? I mean, it hasn't always been legendaries on the cover. R/B/Y/Fr/Lg prove that. I also highly doubt it's Mesprit. His story is complete. What else could they possibly add? (rhetorical question...)

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Nah I was trying to be sarcastic but if seriously people GIRATINA is like rayquaza before emerald

CRESSELIA IS OUT FOR IT NEEDS DARKRAI or IT WON'T BE COMPLETE

Shaymin, and other events I guess by professor's logic won't happen, besides all of people who started with 151 prefer mew because it is our Arceus.

The trio is too bland for one too stands on its own, and tri mascots are TOO far.

Also Garnet and Opal make too much sense

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back