• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The name of the "third version"?

And who is the mascot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
  • Yes, its been confirmed by CoroCoro magazine to be called "Pokemon Platinum" though, i was caught by surprise, as I never though Giratina would represent a Platinum-ish color... 0.0

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I was really surprised that they had decided to go back to metals. It completely random, as Giratina doesn't really have any platinum on him.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • that's exactly what i was thinking Gummy!
    Nintendo has got to be kidding about the name. they should've thought of that in the time of Gold/Silver/Crystal(which i hope they make remakes of...). but, i emailed Nintendo and asked them if the name would really be Pokémon Platinum and if all the features were actually in it. Nintendo said, and i quote(literally):

"Pokémon Platinum is not scheduled for release anytime soon."

got it? they actually said Platinum. nothing about name changes. i guess the name and the pics really were true. well, time to hit my head on my comp until it comes out. :P :P :P
    i wish they would rename it though. Platinum's a metal right? i don't think Giratina has any trace of Platinum on it. unless his origin form does, or because of his color. Platinum's gray-ish, isn't it?

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
  • Platinum... The name is okay but I would have preferred something else. Giratina and Platinum don't mix though. The name was qute unexpected though however we all knew the 'mascot' straight off the mark.

Damn it... I revived a dead topic, didn't I?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back