• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Name Raters

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Who doesn't love nicknaming their Pokemon?

It's like giving a newborn baby an actual name instead of calling it "BABY".

But the neat thing is the varitety of names people think of or their Pokemon.

So let's take an oppurtunity to "rate" them all, shall we?

So basically, the first person posts a Pokemon and a nickanme they would give to them.

Than the next person would rate that nickname, and repeat what the first poster did, only with a different Pokemon and nickname.

Not only is this a good game, it will also give people ideas for nicknames if they aren't good in the name department.

You can rate out of 10. Like so, 7.5/10 or 7.5 out of 10.

I'll start.

Pokemon: Roserade
    Nickname: Celeste
    Reason: I was watching a random show, can't remember what it was, and I was hatching for the right Budew and as the one I wanted was hatched, I heard someone in the show say the name "Celeste". Ironically, the Budew was a girl and since it was the only name that came to mind, i named it Celeste.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    8/10, cus I think it's a cool name.

Pokemon:Ditto
    Nickname:Mr Cheese
    Reason:Ditto is genderless, but I imagined my Ditto being a boy, which is where the 'Mr' came from. The Cheese... I was probably eating something cheesy at the time. I just think that Mr Cheese is quite a unique name for a Ditto. :)

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Kinda weird name but 7/10

Pokemon:Gardevoir
    Name:Yami
    Reason:Gardevoir reminds me of my bestestest friend and so I just called Gardevoir by my bestestest friend nickname (which I thought of and she liked it alot)

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    That's a rather cool name, and similar to my own, so it must be rated highly. ;) 9/10

Pokemon: Minun
    Name: Sofie
    Reason: My cousin was around when I caught it, so I named it after her. Has since become my top pokemon on Ruby.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    10/10 cause i love Minun!

Pokemon:Minun (and Plusle)
    Nickname:Mimzy (and Mumzy)
    Reason: Just kinda fits them for me and has become a staple in my team in every game (well Minun has (i'll use Plusle once in a while to replace Minun)(along with Icy the Glaceon, Yami the Gardevoir, Singsong the Lapras, Numnums the Mawile and Leon the Dragonite))

Last edited:

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    8/10 cus the cute pairing of namesness is cute and cool. :)

Pokemon: Igglybuff
    Nickname: Mina
    Reason: I originally named it something else for a cheat, but the cheat only worked the first time, so the Igglybuff baby was renamed Mina, cus it was the first name that came into my head. :) It's one of the pokes that's waiting to be traded to another game.

Years
    8/10 if female, 4/10 if male

Mina is a cutesy name, but only for girls. However, Mina is similar to "mine", a phrase babies are infamous for spouting.

Pokemon: Buizel
    Nickname: Jetsam
    Reason: Knowing Buizel becomes Floatzel, the word flotsam, or floatsam, came to mind, but it was too obvious. So he was named Jetsam.

Discuss.

Bonus: I call him Jet or Jetta as an affectionate nickname, and my (twin) sister calls him Sammy. Please rate.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    8/10 becuase the reason is realy clever, and something I would never have thought of.

Pokemon: Wailord
    Name: Binky
    Reason: I was watching Arthur at the time, and I caught Binky at the time when Binky on the TV was doing something stupid. I then thought how Binky was big and looked kinda thick, just like my newly caught pokemon, so Binky he was named.

(Oh, and just so you know, Mina is a girl. ;))

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Lol very funny 8/10

Pokemon: Leafeon
    Name: Mujakina
    Reason: Well Mujakina means innocent in japanese and Leafeon looks very innocent so 1+1=2!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    9/10
    Pokemon: Toxicroak
    Nickname: Amphibitox
    Reason: It's based off of a frog, and it's poison type, you get the picture.

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    6.5/10 it just seems a little to similar to me
    Pokemon: Machamp
    Nickname: Hanes
    Reason: All he wears is underwear :P

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    6.5 / 10. If it looks like a UFO, you should probably just call it UFO. As it is you probably get a lot of people asking you what MFP even means. xD

Pokemon:
    Farfetch'd
    Nickname: Miku
    Reason: Really? I need a reason?

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    7.5/10

Mmm, I see it now I guess :P

Pokémon: Exxegutor.
    Nickname: TNTree
    Reason: Exxegutor is a tree that just so happens to be able to learn Explosion.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    4/10. Charizard is a great Pokemon, but he isn't exactly the best in my opinion.

Species: Pidgeot
    Name: Tobias
    Reason: I read too much Animorphs and Tobias is the guy that uses a hawk as his main morph.

IceFireLighnting

7.5/10 good reason...need I say more? Kuz I don't wanna. :nervous:

Pkmn: Vulpix
    Name: Swift
    Girl

Pkmn: Growlithe
    Name: Bronze
    Boy

Pkmn: Houndour
    Name: Trixie(girl) and Myles(boy)

Reason(all three): I usually think of them as a trio; Vulpix is the speedy/swift one, Growlithe is the brawn(Bronze=Brawns) and Houndour is the brains, Trixie is for tricky and Myles...I hear too much about Sonic from my little brother; Tails Miles Prower. It gets changed.

Last edited:

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    6/10 you should switch vulpix and houndour
    Pokemon: Weavile
    Nickname: Pepto
    Reason: well its shiny so its bright pink just like pepto bismol

Back