• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New League

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Rockman0 - How nice of Elysia to give you a badge anyway, great post.

Congratulations, Roselia grew to lv. 19 and learned Magical Leaf!
    Congratulations, Ponyta grew to lv. 21 and learned Stomp!
    Congratulations, Luxio grew to lv. 23 and learned Roar!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Chapter Fifteen
    Route 216
    Free Post
    Number of Posts: 2​

The start of Route 216 is almost a maze of paths. You could chose the ground that has paths set off with white fences that take you to different places. Some go toward the forest, others to scattered houses and others simply go down toward the next city. Your other option is to go past the mountain. There is a small cave there that is deserted apart from a small colony of Hippopotas'. At the very end of the route is a large honey tree that might just be humming with Pokémon!

Wild Pokémon:

Rhyhorn

The New League

Level: 17-21
    Type: Ground/Rock
    Moves: Horn Attack, Tail Whip, Stomp, Fury Attack, Scary Face
    Rarity: Uncommon

Houndour

The New League

Type: Dark/Fire
    Moves: Leer, Ember, Howl, Smog, Roar, Bite

Girafarig

The New League

Type: Normal/Psychic
    Moves: Power Swap, Guard Swap, Growl, Confusion, Stomp, Agility, Psy Beam

Spoink

The New League

Type: Psychic
    Moves: Splash, Psywave, Odor Sleuth, Psybeam, Psych Up, Confusion Ray, Magic Coat
    Rarity: Rare

Zangoose

The New League

Level: 22
    Type: Normal
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Quick Attack, Sword Dance, Fury Attack, Slash, Pursuit
    Rarity: Very Rare

Honey Tree:

Beedrill

The New League

Level: 14-17
    Type: Bug/Poison
    Moves: Fury Attack, Focus Energy, Twineedle
    Rarity: Common

Cherubi

The New League

Level: 15-17
    Type: Grass
    Moves: Tackle, Growth, Leech Seed, Helping Hand

Heracross

The New League

Level: 20
    Type: Bug/Fighting
    Moves: Night Slash, Tackle, Leer, Horn Attack, Endure, Aerial Ace, Brick Beak

Hippopotas Cave:

Hippopotas

The New League
    The New League

Level: 25
    Type: Ground
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Bite, Yawn, Take Down, Dig, Sand Tomb

What is that?!

Any time in this chapter your egg will hatch, revealing a brand-new Pokémon! This was completely random, and so the results are… completely random.

Rockman0:

Relicanth

The New League

Level: 5
    Type: Water/Rock
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Harden, Tackle

Fen:

Dratini

The New League

Type: Dragon
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Moves: Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave

Wolfwhispers:

Treecko

The New League

Type: Grass
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Pound, Leer

Koroc:

Ponyta

The New League

Type: Fire
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Tackle, Growl

Broadway:

Seviper

The New League

Type: Poison
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Moves: Wrap

Charzeon:

Illumise

The New League

Type: Bug
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Tackle, Sweet Scent

Last edited:
    Years
    Name:Bella Shrela

Appearance:I have blonde,long hair.Blue eyes.I am 156cm in height.Always with a big smile and happy face.

Most of all she wears pink(short sleeved)t-shirt,demin mini-skirt,black boots(not short) and a pink coat that is tide to her waist.At winter she wears white/pink t-shirt,white jumper with little buneary on it,white coat tide to her waist,a bit more whiter demin mini-skirt,white tights and grey boots.

Personality:If her friend is always busy and cant come to her house for more than a month,Bella thinks that her friend is always with others and doesnt want to be with her,then Bella starts crying and everything like that.

Bella is a happy person but sometimes can be sad or anoyed.She really like sweets,ice-cream and crisps.She really likes pokemon.

History:Bella has a dad that works at electric station with his jolteon,mum really like doing gardening and works as a nurse joy,her little 3 year old sister has a vaporeon that she really likes.Bella was learning at a pokemon school.She was really good at them.Her favourite were buneary,eevee,vulpix,cyndaquil and sandshrew.At age 12 Bella wanted to start travel.She had a boy that she really liked called Ash.

Starter:Can I have Pichu,Shuppet or Mankey please?

Sample:Bella said goodbye to her family and set off.She got her new pokemon and went to the forest to catch new pokemon.Then she meet Ash,so they started to travel together(if possible).

I missed much!!Am I still able to travel?

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    It had started off normally for Shaun. He was walking with a strut, feeling particularly gleeful about his win with Persian and Haunter striding along beside him with the same cockiness before his bag began to shake. Shaun was shocked out of his walk, Persian and Haunter tensing by his side as he kneeled and looked inside his bag before blinking in shock as he took out the egg he had long since forgotten. It was glowing a bright white light.

"What the… was that crazy guy right?" Shaun murmured, holding the pulsing egg. With a final burst of light, the egg began to change form, almost as if it were evolving, and indeed it was, because the next moment Shaun was holding a small, green gecko pokemon.
    The New League

"Treee," the grass type mumbled, opening his bright yellow eyes and yawning widely before blinking up at Shaun in awe. "Trek," he muttered, lifting a paw at Shaun's face, and for the first time, Shaun was patient, allowing this newborn to study and understand what was happening.

"Sian," Persian mewled curiously, batting at Treeko's tough tail, much to the grass type's delight. He laughed and pawed back, scrambling out of Shaun's lap to play with the large cat.

"Haunter!" Haunter cackled, swooping around Treeko's head, again to the smaller pokemon's delight. "Haunt! Haunt!" Haunter lifted a squealing Treeko high into the air with his ghostly claws and swooped around in the air, allowing his tail to dangle for Persian to bat at it.

Shaun sighed, feeling content and oddly pleased as he watched this. He felt good and relaxed, and was happy to see that beside his pokemon's quirks, they knew how to work well with babies. And it seemed that Treeko was enjoying himself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a good while later, with his three pokemon helping him navigate through the many paths, that Shaun met another trainer. A girl his age with wild blonde hair, upon setting eyes on him, squealed happily and challenged him to a battle, obviously pleased to meet another trainer on this multipath.

"Two on two," Shaun ordered before glancing at his prancing Treeko. "And you wouldn't happen to have a lower level pokemon, would you." He nodded at his Treeko. "He's new."

"Of course! And I'm Jessica. Are you ready?"

"Treeko!" Shaun barked, gaining the attention of his pokemon. With a happy cry, the grass type bounded over and sat by his feet like the loyal pokemon he wished Persian and Haunter were. "I want you to watch this closely, because you're going next." Shaun nodded at Haunter.

With a happy laugh, Haunter flew in front, flashing Treeko a wide, open mouth grin. "Haunter!"

"Go, Rhyhorn!" With a burst of white light, a large, rock pokemon with a savage horn appeared with a loud bale.
    The New League

Shaun eyed the pokemon appreciatively before yelling out, "Ice Punch!"

"Rhyhorn, Rock Blast!" Jessica cried.

With a baleful roar, the rock monster opened his mouth wide and unleashed blast after blast of large rocks. "Ry! Ry!"

Haunter cackled as he swooped through the blasts, but to Shaun's irritation, the ghostly feline couldn't get close. "Ter!" he snarled, finally slamming his blue fist on a rock, shattering it into bits of rock and ice.

Jessica grinned. "Keep up those Rock Blasts!" she called.

Shaun scoffed, irritated. "Haunter, try to get in and nail it with an Ice Punch!"

"Haunter haun!" With a cackled, Haunter once again tried to dive, but the large rocks that shot out of Rhyhorn's mouth kept it at bay.

"Ryy!" the rock monster moaned happily, stomping its feet and grunting in appreciation of its own work.

Haunter hissed, finally getting nailed and blown back. He lifted an armless hand to his head, frazzled. His ghostly image was beginning to shift from anger. With a snarl and murderous look, a deadly, crooked nail appeared, startling everybody.

"What is that?" Jessica cried, looking on in horror as Haunter grabbed hold of the gnarled nail.

With a haunting laugh, Haunter dove the nail into his body, shocking everyone before Shaun grinned in appreciation. "Good job," he said with a nod, glancing down at a shocked Treeko by his feet. The grass type had a worried look and was holding onto his pants leg. "Ice Punch!"

Jessica bit her lip, unsure before shouting, "Rock Blast!"

Shaun cursed, but he knew that was probably all the rock type could use against a ghost type, before grinning as Rhyhorn groaned loudly, obviously in pain as the Curse began to truly affect it, breaking off the attack after one blast.

"Ter haun!" Haunter snarled, easily dodging the single rock and shooting forward, fists enclosed in an icy casing before they slammed down onto the rocky hide.

"Hooorn!" Rhyhorn bellowed, head shaking back and forth as it scuttled away. It snarled, huffing and grunting as it tried to stop the ice spreading over his body.

Jessica grimaced, realizing that this might be the end for her pokemon if she didn't do anything. "Rock Bla-"

"Hypnosis!"

Shaun gave a dark chuckle as Jessica shot him a glare. What, was it really his fault she couldn't finish a command during a battle? Pathetic.

"Tree teko," Treeko commented, tugging at Shaun's pants and pointing excitedly as the rock beast fell to his side, leaving Haunter floating above him. The young one was obviously happy about this battling thing.

"Finish it!"

Jessica grimaced as the Curse and Ice Punch finally finished off her rock monster. "Return," she sighed. "Ready for the next round, then?"

Shaun gestured for Haunter to come back. The ghost type flashed Treeko a thumbs up and gave his typical laugh before getting into a slump, tired from the affects of the Curse. Excited, Treeko bounded forward, hopping from foot to foot. "Treeko!"

"Now for me! Go!" Jessica cried, throwing her second pokeball. With a bright flash, a small, strangely covered Poochyena appeared.
    The New League

Shaun stared at it strangely. Huh, a shiny. "Treeko, Pound!" he called, racking his brains for Treeko's attacks. He was young, so he must begin with basic attacks.

"Treek!" Teeko called, bounding forward, trying to make a haunting laugh as he swung his thick tail into Poochyena's side, knocking the poor pup's breath away.

"Che!" Poochyena yelped, rolling away and coughing as it shuffled to its feet hurriedly, tiny fangs showing in anger.

Shaun shook his head as Haunter laughed by his side. Seems the little grass type was already picking up on Haunter's habits. Oh well, at least it was fast. The little guy definitely had some speed. "Another Pound!"

"Thunder Fang!" Jessica cried, startling Shaun. So not only was it a shiny, but it had an egg move.

"Chyen!" Poochyena growled, sparks coming from his fangs as Treeko ran forward, a deep rumble coming from his throat before once again slamming his tail into Poochyena's side. Again the dark type yowled in pain, but instead of rolling away from the force, he bit down into Treeko's tail, electricity shooting across the poor appendage.

"Treeko te!" Treeko yelped, scuttling back as soon as his tail was released on all fours. He flashed Shaun a teary glance and pointed at his tail. "Eko tre."

Shaun sighed. "Treeko," he said patiently, "you get hurt in batt… dodge!" Damn it. Now he was the one that wasn't paying attention in battles.

"Tre… eko!" Treeko yelped as he was Tackled in the side, moaning as he slid back. Looking around, Treeko bounded up the closest tree, yellow eyes glaring down at a barking Poochyena that was barking and jumping up and down.

By his side, Persian hissed lowly, perhaps having flashbacks of his earlier days as a Meowth. "Siian."

Shaun smiled thinly before turning serious. "Treeko, Leer!"

"Tre." Treeko nodded, eyes giving an eerie glare.

Poochyena stopped barking and instead whimpers echoed around them. That is, until Haunter cackled mockingly. Jessica glared. "Poochyena, Thunder Fang on the tree! Send electricity through it!"

"Poochy!" Poochyena howled, fangs sparking before he slammed his fangs onto the tree.

Treeko stared down at the young dog pokemon before looking around, obviously confused. "Tree?"

Shaun burst out laughing, unable to hold it in anymore. He laughed so hard that he fell to the ground with Haunter by his side, the two of them looking like fools, but he didn't care. "Oh, you poor girl," he mocked. "Treeko, please finish this with another Pound. Shoot down and use the speed to power it up."

Jessica, embarrassed and enraged all at once, barked out, "Tackle!"

Treeko, whom had already dove towards the ground, yelled, "Treeekoo!" and twisted his body around to give a little spin. Poochyena, whom was attacking with his head, was no match for a tail built for pounding the crud out of someone. "Eko!" Treeko snarled, slamming down hard on the dark type's head.

"Poochyn!" Poochyena yowled, slamming hard onto the ground. He coughed harshly, feet struggling to get up before giving one last whimper. "Chyen." And then he was down.

"Darn it," Jessica muttered, glaring at Shaun who still had an amused look. She scowled before saying, "That was a good battle."

"You too."

Jessica glared, not trusting his mocking words. "Say, you wouldn't be interested in a trade, are you?" She grinned at Shaun's interested look, but he viewed it as her wanting to trade weaker pokemon for the winner's stronger pokemon. "How about it?"

Shaun licked his lips. Well, there was always Unown. Maybe he could trade the useless pokemon away for that Rhyhorn…

OOC: Since you never got back to me on VM about trading, I'm leaving this note here. If I can't trade then I understand. :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Lollipop1997 - I'm sorry we are all booked full.

Wolfwhispers - Is that a maternal instinct that I see, nah, it couldn't be! Great post.

Congratulations, Shaun's egg hatched into a Treecko!
    Congratulations, Treecko grew to lv. 8 and learned Absorb!
    Congratulations, Haunter grew to lv. 30!
    Shaun traded his Unown for a Rhyhorn!

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    "Alright, so here we are at Route 216," Sara muttered seemingly to herself as she walked down the Route she just named out, her face buried in a map she had recently bought. "Then the next city is not too far form here, just down the path…though there are a lot of paths. Maybe I could-"

Sara came to a suddenly stop when she felt a shaking from her pack. The stop was so sudden and unexpected; the girl nearly fell down but righted herself in time. Of course, Lee took this time to jump out of the bushes he had been hiding in since they left the large city and quickly went over to his trainer's side. Sara was about to say to her Blade Pokemon that she was fine, when her pack started to visibly shake.

Frowning with confusion, Sara quickly placed the pack on the ground and opened it up. She gasped when she saw something glowing. Curious, Sara reached into her pack and pulled whatever was glowing out. She gasped again when she realized that it was the Egg that she had gotten outside of Solacetown that was now glowing. Lee was also very curious as he bent down beside his trainer and watched the egg. Soon, cracks started to appeared alone it, breaking its smooth surface.

Before Sara could do more then drop her jaw, the egg burst and a strange, bug like Pokemon appeared in Sara's hands. It looked female with its blue body and pink 'hair'. The bug slowly opened its eyes and stared at the stunned girl and Gallade. The bug blinked a couple times before smiling widely.

"Illumise!" The bug cried out happily.

"Illumise," Sara muttered as she reached into her pack and took out her Pokedex to scan the newest Pokemon.

"Illumise, the Firefly Pokemon. With its sweet aroma, it guides Volbeat to draw signs with their lights in the night sky."

Sara just nodded at the description and read more on the bug. She frowned at what she read and sighed. Putting her 'dex away, the girl reached into her pack and, with a beam of light, the firefly disappeared into a red and white ball. The girl then stood up and looked up at the sky.

"Well…there's no way that this girl can work in my party…but I can't get rid of her for a number of reasons, one of which being that I still need to show her to that guy in the up coming city…" Sara muttered, then reached into her pocket and took out the Whistle the man at the one ranch gave her. "Guess it's a good thing I met with that guy, otherwise I'd have no idea what to do."

That being said, Sara blew hard into the whistle, letting out a piercing cry. Only a couple seconds after the sound died down a Pidgey appeared out of the trees. It flew over to Sara and flapped it's little wings as it waited for the girl to giver her Pokemon to it.

The trainer quickly took out a sheet of paper and wrote down all of her and the Pokemon's information on it. She then placed the ball in the bird's talons and tied the piece of paper around its leg. The bird grunted before flying off into the distance.

As she watched the Pidgey fly away, Sara said to Lee, "Well…I finally have a slot open in my party after all this time…what the heck am I going to fill it with?"

"Gallade," Lee said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Sara sighed as she slung her pack over her shoulders. "Well, I guess we'll never know until we actually go out and see what Pokemon are out there, huh?"

The Blade Pokemon nodded with a grin and followed closely behind his trainer when she started to walk down the path once more. Sara sighed once more to herself at Lee's protectiveness of her, but didn't say anything. Out in the wild, it would seem a lot less strange then in a city. Not to mention that there was a lesser chance of anyone trying to capture him. Well…at least that was the theory. Of course, be it in the city or outside of it, the girl doubted very much that Lee would let himself be stolen.

Sara hummed to herself as she continued to walk down the path, not encountering anything. She was kind of disappointed but then didn't really think about it. After all, it's not like she would have to get another Pokemon right then and there. As she continued to walk, her mind wondered back over to the recently hatched egg.

Despite it hatching into a pretty bad Pokemon…the girl had to admit that she was fascinated by the whole thing. I mean, who could had thought that Pokemon came from eggs! This was truly groundbreaking! Sara wished that she could learn more about this thing, like if all Pokemon are born from eggs or only certain ones. Plus, what do Pokemon have to do to get these eggs? Or…there was just too many questions for the girl right about then.

"Maybe that's what I'll do when I grow up," Sara said to herself, then laughed. "Yeah right! Can you just see that Lee? A girl like me who was only able to go on this adventure because her parents didn't know what else to do with her studying Pokemon eggs? As if!"

"Gall," Lee said with a shrug of shoulders, he didn't think it all that far out at all if his trainer was really that into it.

Sara just sighed and concentrated on placing one foot in front of the other. This, however, didn't last for long. The girl had only gone a few feet before stopping when she heard some rustling in the bushes. Sara looked towards the sound, but didn't see much before Lee moved himself in front of her and got into a fighting position. Sara had to lean to the side to see just what was coming out at them.

The bushes rustled some more before a Pokemon crawled out of them. It was a largish Pokemon, much like a cat and a ferret combined into one. It was mostly white but with some red on it's large claws, feet, belly and even covering one ear. This Pokemon also had a very fluffy tail. But the most noticeable thing about this Pokemon was the amount of scars on its body. Most looked faded and mostly covered over, with some only being seen if you really looked closely. But there was one scar, across its left eye, which looked fresh. Sara wondered if it even still had the use of that eye.

The battered Pokemon panted as it slowly came out of the bushes, wincing as some of the branches scratch its newer scars. When it was close enough, Sara quickly reached into her pack and aimed her 'dex at the strange and battle weary Pokemon.

Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokemon. It has feuded with Seviper for many generations. Its sharp claws are its biggest weapons.

Sara grunted slightly as she looked at the Zangoose's other information. Soon a smile crossed the trainer's face. "Alright Lee, I think I found a solution to the filling up of our team!"

Lee's eyes widen slightly as he looked to his trainer, then back at the downed Pokemon. He frowned, not really believing that his trainer wanted that thing. This proved to be true when Sara walked around Lee and towards the Zangoose. The Gallade called out to his trainer but she just held up her hand to quiet him as she continued to walk towards the injured Pokemon.

The Zangoose quickly looked up as the girl approached it and growled lowly at her. Sara stopped for a half second before continuing on. The Zangoose let out a hiss and raised the fur on its back

"Hey, it's okay little guy," Sara said with a smile as she reached a hand towards the Zangoose. The Cat Ferret Pokemon hissed even louder and, when the hand was close enough, tried to slash at the hand with its huge claws.

The claws would had connected with Sara's wrists, and maybe had even cut the hand off, if Lee had not reacted in time and blocked the claws with his elbows and pushed his trainer away. Sara grunted as she fell on the ground and quickly pushed herself up to watch her Pokemon and the wild Pokemon.

The two combatants glared at each other before jumping away. The Zangoose then got on its hind legs and slashed the air with its large claws. Lee just grunted before once again getting into a fighting position, making sure that his trainer was behind him. The Zangoose grinned slightly and sad a few things in the Pokemon tongue. Lee stiffened before baring his small teeth and yelling something back. The Zangoose chuckled and replied to him. Lee yelled something back before running at the Cat Ferret.

Thought still worn and battered from the many battles it had gone though before hand, it was easy for the Zangoose to dodge to the side of the charging Gallade and fight back with swipe of its claws. Lee was knocked to the ground, but quickly got back up. The Blade Pokemon glared at his opponent before running at it again and moving one of his sword like elbow at it, to which the Zangoose blocked with its claws. Lee tried to swing his other sword elbow but the Normal type ducked under the round about attack and once again slashes at the Gallade. Lee gritted his teeth together and jumped away from the Zangoose.

The Zangoose grinned before running towards the Gallade and thrusting its claws at him. Lee was able to twist to the side to avoid the attack and slammed his elbow into its face. The Cat Ferret Pokemon cried out as the blade hit it and was knocked to the ground. Lee tried to follow up with a drop kick, but the Zangoose rolled to the side to avoid that attack. It then got back up, though a bit slowly, and took a few steps back. Lee grinned slightly before running at the Zangoose again and doing a round-house kick at it. The wild Pokemon was able to absorb most of the damage by blocking it with its claws, but stumbled back a bit. The Zangoose then jumped forward and slashed again, getting the Gallade on the shoulder.

Lee grunted in pain but counter with a kick, launching the Zangoose a couple feet away from him. The large cat-like Pokemon landed on the ground hard and didn't move for a bit. But, slowly, the Zangoose pushed itself up and got on its hind legs again. The Cat Ferret ran towards the Gallade as he got into another fighting position.

"Lee, Confusion!" Sara shouted, finally getting out of her stunned state of mind as she watched the two Pokemon fight skillfully with one another.

Lee grinned at the order his trainer gave him and, just when the Zangoose was about to slash at him again, he launched a powerful psychic burst. The Cat Ferret could only cry out in surprise before it was thrown into the air again and landed face first on the ground. This time, it didn't get back up even after a little bit.

The Gallade smirked and was about to put the thing out of its misery when a Pokeball flew by his side and hit the Zangoose. The ball opened up and, in a flash of red, the Zangoose disappeared into the red and white ball. Lee turned around and stared at his trainer who just shook her head and watched the ball. It twitched once…twice…then a third time and…

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Charzeon - Sorry for the delay, that was a great post.

Congratulations, Sara caught a lv.22 Male Zangoose!
    Sara's egg hatched into an Illumise!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    "Taur!"

"Rhy!"

These were the continous battle cries that bellowed throughout Shaun's resting area. He had set his newly obtained Rhyhorn up against Tauros and watched the two push against each other in a battle of brute strength from his spot under the tree. Treeko, who wouldn't leave his side, was clutching to his shoulder and watching the two in awe. Shaun watched with a lot less awe, and was just focused on watching the two pokemon to study them. Tauros hadn't battled in a while, and he wanted to see how Rhyhorn faired. The rocked type had the same sort of mental capacity as Tauros.

Beat the crap outta stuff.

Shaun sighed and unconciously pet Treeko before a loud howl broke through the air. He paused, feeling uncomfortable shivers running down his spine. He stood swiftly, Treeko still clutching to his shoulder as he strode up to his pokemon. He glanced up at the sky, noting the sun going down as another howl tore through the sky.

"Sssian," Persian hissed, back arching as the bushes began to rustle and dark figure strode into Shaun's camping grounds with a vicious growl.
    The New League

"A Houndour," Shaun mused, tensing as an growl sent shivers down his spine. What was with this devil dog? "Ryhorn! he barked. The rock monster moaned and stepped forward, horn pointed directly at the devilish fiend. Shaun was pleased to see his new pokemon was eager to battle.

"Tree," Treeko shuddered, hiding behind Shaun as Haunter swooped down, though Shaun didn't understand why the ghost type's haunting face calmed the grass type down.

As if Treeko's mumble had been a signal, the Houndour raised his muzzle sky high to let off an eerie howl before turning straight at Ryhorn and firing a round of burning hot Embers that lit up the area.

Ryhorn grunted as the Ember attack pounded relentlessly into his body, but he paid it a minimal glance before letting off a roar of his own and charging, horn lowered. "Ryho!" With a ferocious bellow, Ryhorn's sharp horn thrashed Houndour's side and sent the dark pokemon skidding, but this pokemon was strong and didn't falter on his feet and was back in the fight almost as if he hadn't even been struck so violently.

"Hound!" Mouth open to show off two rows of sharp teeth, Shaun watched as a dark, purple fog seemed to slink towards his rock pokemon.

"Charge through it and use Fury Attack," he ordered, not quite sure what this strange fog was.

"Rhyyh!" Bellows all around, Ryhorn charged forward, not even blinking as the fog swept by his stampede, and furiously struck the poor dog pokemon over and over. It was brutal and relentless. The gleam in the rock pokemon's eye made Shaun grin that matched Haunter's. "Horn!"

"Hou! Hou!" Houndour yelped with each hit, body twisting and turning as Ryhorn's horn pretty much slammed the dark type around like a rag doll. "Dour!" he finally roared, muzzle open and releasing another barrage of Ember's.

Ryhorn moaned and staggered off from the assualt, more stunned than hurt. He backed off into the fog and began to cough before he too jumped away from it. Smog, Shaun thought as his pokemon staggered a bit, looking sick but not poisoned.

"Douur," Houndour growled, claws clicking on the ground as it charged, mouth already alight with flame.

"Scary Face!" Shaun barked out. "Slow it down!"

Face lit up into a sneer, Ryhorn's face seemed to take on a whole new look as its eyes gleamed and an ugly, toothy snarl appeared. Treeko shivered by Shaun, but the young trainer was watching as Houndour actually tripped over his own two feet and slid forward, trying to stop his approach in fright. "Dour!"

"Finish it with Rock Blast," Shaun said easily, seeing this as the end. A close range attack by a stronger element usually meant the end.

Disgusting mouth wide open, Ryhorn let out a gurgled moan before chunky rocks began to shoot out of its mouth like pellets. Houndour slid, just barely dodging the first blast before the second got him right in the chest, literally taking the breath out of the mutt as it bounced away from the rock monster with a loud yelp.

Whimpers escaped from its throat before Houndour raised a weak head and, glaring, raising his muzzle high into the air and howled. "Houndour!"

Again with the shivers, and Shaun was starting to believe there was just something wierd with these hellish pokemon, before more howls echoed around them. "Crap," Shaun hissed, hand clasping onto Treeko's head as the grass type gripped his pants leg in fright as more Houndour slinked into the area. All it took was one look before they turned their fangs on Shaun and his group. The affect was immediate.

"Persss!" Persian hissed warningly, claws gleaming wickedly with a deadly intent.

"Haun!" Haunter snarled, electricity already pulsing from his claws as he gazed about with a murderous look.

"Ros!" Tauros mooed as he stamped his hooves and swung his great horns.

"Horn!" Ryhorn grunted as he stomped his feet threateningly.

With vicious snarls, the dark pokemon charged, and to Shaun's dismay he counted eight Houndour, so it was pretty much two to one. To Shaun's surprise, Tauros was the first to make contact with his opponents. Horns flailed about, slamming violently into the two growling Houndour, but two more took their place and used Bite on the poor normal type. Roaring in pain, Tauros began to buck and jerk.

It was pretty much wolves after their hunt.

"Siap!" Persian yowled, gem glowing as soon as Shaun roared, "Power Gem!" With a bright flash, small pellets that were actually red gems bulleted out at a Houndour and smashed into his side like glass.

"Dour!"

Shaun grimaced as fire was flying throughout the area. Treeko was frightened out his mind, not that Shaun expected any less since it was his first day into the world and this truly was a bit too much. "Treeko!" Startled, Shaun swung around, body freezing as a Houndour was in the process of lunging at him.

"Haunter!" Shaun had never heard his pokemon sound so furious in his life. The ghostly feline managed to grab the leaping pokemon by the head and slam him to the ground as electricity coursed through the fire type's body. "Ter!" Haunter spat before turning to look over Shaun and Treeko.

Treeko, whom was holding his chest with a single paw, widened his yellow eyes. Before Shaun or Haunter could make heads or tails of what just happened, the speedy gecko pokemon and shot forward and spun around, using his beefy tail to slam into the head that was slowly rising from the ground and was heating up with fire, but it was not meant to be as the dark type gave a last whimper.

"Treeko!" Treeko gasped, obviously unable to grasp that he had actually attacked this scary pokemon.

Haunter, blinking in disbelief, let out a haunting laugh before patting Treeko on the head a bit too hard. "Haunt! Haunt! Haunt!"

"Stop fooling around and attack," Shaun ordered with exasperation. He turned back to his other pokemon. Tauros was grinding his hooves into a yowling Houndour while his three tails were whipping about frantically. Persian was in a standoff of claws and Ryhorn was trying to jab his horn into some speedy dark types. "Persian, Water Pulse!"

With a sneer, Persian gave the Houndour that was literally in his face a hard look before opening his sharp toothed muzzle and unleashing a torrent of water. "Persin!" The poor thing had no chance. One blast had it flying both in the air and out of conciousness. "Sian per!" Persian yowled, sending blasts of water everywhere.

The Houndour dodged with wild yelps as they struggled to decide what to do, but their decision was already made as their muzzle's began to glow with flame as they fired back with Ember. The whole area erupted in cries and steam as the fire balls his both Shaun's pokemon and the water.

"Ryhorn, send them off with Rock Blast," Shaun intoned angrily.

With an ugly grin on his hard face, Ryhorn's jaws opened wide and thick stones were launched at the fleeing Houndour. The dark types howled in dismay as they were hit and others dragged their unconcious kin away, leaving Shaun and his pokemon standing in a ruined battle field.

"Sian!" Persian spat, strutting in front of Shaun protectively just in case anything else happened.

"Ry," Ryhorn grunted, spitting out one last rock before stomping around in a fury with Tauros, the two occasionally bumping into one another.

"Haunter," Haunter yowled into the air, giving his own wailings as the howls erupted into the air. His ghostly hands held Treeko as the grass type sighed in relief and settled into the comforting hands.

"Let's get out of here," Shaun urged his pokemon, uncaring that it was night. He would not chance another surprise attack from a pack of crazed pokemon.

OOC: Just a reminder that Haunter is level 30 and Treeko level 8. They just weren't changed in the ooc thread. :)

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    "But who BUILDS fences like this, all over the place for no reason?" Mackie grumbled to himself. "I'm trying to go forward, not back to town." The fences were well-kept and sturdy and led any old direction and the path he'd picked had turned him around. On his head, Bonnie made a chuckling sound and jumped off, rising up and making a slow circle. Then she head in a particular direction and Mackie trotted along below. She led him to a different path and flew a little bit ahead, then hovered.

"Thanks, pretty girl," he laughed. He felt a twitch in his side bag, and reached in to pull out Dozer's ball. The name had come to him watching the Munchlax sleep off the last battle. Dozer ate like each bit of food was the last he'd see and his persistence when he battle was impressive, and given the latter, Mackie had been a little embarrassed that the nickname he thought of was about just how hard the pokemon slept. 'Course, Dozer slept as thoroughly as he fought. If there were sleeping contests, he'd win it.

But he wasn't always sleepy, like now. Mackie pushed the butten and Dozer appeared in a flash of red, stretching a little bit before turning his big grin on Mackie. "Wanna walk along, huh? Let's go, then."

"Laaax," Dozer nodded, satisfied, and wandered around while Mackie went forward. Dozer poked through the grass at the side of the path while Bonnie flew above, looking for the right corners to turn to keep on going forward.

Once he didn't have to be too worried about going in circles, Mackie could enjoy the route. The fences were pretty, and it was nice to see houses now and then in the distance. It kinda reminded him of home, with the farmhouses so far apart. The white fences and stands of long grass and bushes weren't really like big open fields, but it was real pretty even so. Scenic—that was the word.

"Hey there! Get out of my bucket!!" Mackie heard a surprised voice, and Dozer, who'd just run off around the corner up in front, reappeared again, looking a little wide-eyed. Macke jogged up and turned the corner to see a young guy with a big plastic bucket, half-full of berries.

"Oh... hope he didn't take any?" Mackie said with a grimace. The guy ran one hand back through mussed brown floppy bangs, pushing them out of his face. He didn't look mad, and Mackie was happy about that.

"A couple maybe," the guy said with a shrug. "I was more worried he'd tip it over. It's tall as he is."

Dozer was at Mackie's side now, near his legs, looking, in fact, a little sorry. Mackie had noticed that—now that Dozer was with him, and got proper food at regular times, his snack-hunts weren't so crazy as to, say, steal a trainer's pokemon egg, or, apparently, swallow a bucket's worth of berries. Mackie knew Dozer definitely could've done that if he'd wanted too.

"Sorry anyhow," Mackie apologized. "Y'don't go just stealin'," he looked down at Dozer with a frown, and the Munchlax had the grace to look abashed.

"Munchlax," Dozer told the berry picker quietly, and looked down at the ground. The other guy laughed a bit.

"Tell you what, I was getting bored anyway. You're a trainer, right?" he asked, and Mackie nodded.

"Yep, just came from Veilstone with my new badge," Mackie said proudly, and stood a little straighter at the impressed look on the berry-picker's face.

"Well, show off for me then, let's have a battle," he said. "I'm Casey, I pick berries," he said in a tone that showed he knew he was stating the obvious there. "My sister's candy shop back in town uses 'em for the fancy stuff, she can sell 'em with a "wild-picked" tag. I'm not a trainer really, but I keep my pokemon around for the wild guys out here."

"Mackie," Mackie replied, grinning. "You're sister's right to do that, too. My family has orchards, and I know our crops are good, but wild ones got their own flavourings."

"Huh, thanks," Casey nodded. "Wouldn't expect that from a farmer."

"I ain't a snob," Mackie laughed. "And you know we all spend every growing season trying to suss out which of our bushes are closest to the wild stuff. We know it's good."

Casey grinned, then looked back over his shoulder and gave a whistle. "Tank! You awake?"

"Rrrrrryyyy!!" came a rumble, and heavy footsteps, and the stand of grass beyond Casey shook as a Ryhorn lumbered out. It paused and yawned hugely before shaking itself, making the stony plates of its armour clunk a bit.

"Munchlax!" Dozer announced, and hopped forward in front of Mackie, ready to go. Tank the Ryhorn dwarfed him kind of a lot, and Mackie chewed on the inside of his cheek for a second. Dozer wanted to battle—might as well at least start off. He could always switch after.

Bonnie drifted down and settled on the nearest fence post, watching as Mackie told Dozer, "g'wan, start with a Lick!"

Dozer got struck a glancing blow as he hopped around the Ryhorn, making him spin around, but he found his bearings again, and jumped up, gripping the juts and protrusions of the Ryhorn's armour as he swiped a wet Lick over its face. Mackie grimaced and laughed at the same time. Dozer always seemed to go for the face there, for maximum effect.

No paralysis this time, but the Ryhorn did shudder, and try to buck him off, as Casey ordered a Stomp. That one was a definite miss, as Dozer clung on and refused to be shaken away.

They went on like that for a few more rounds, Mackie surprised by Dozer's tenacity as the Ryhorn was forced to flail around for the most while Dozer was flung to and fro but just didn't let go of his back. Fury Attack was the only thing that finally got Dozer, as, after yet another Lick, the jerky movements of Tank's move dislodged Dozer at last, and the last two ramming Fury Attack hits got him head on.

And Tank was wise to it now, Mackie could see Dozer wasn't likely to get another opening like that. "Get on back, Dozer. You softened him up. Ziggy'll tip him over now!"

Dozer ran back towards Mackie as a flash of red turned into Ziggy's small, furry shape. "Muuunchlax!" Dozer called out, hopping from one foot to the other as his teammate faced the much larger opponent.

"Gimme a Mud Bomb, Ziggy!" Mackie called out, and she scrabbled at the ground, getting the brunt of a Horn Attack that had Casey cheering Tank on. But the churned up dirt under her was just what she needed, and she set a wet round wad of mud straight for the Ryhorn's broad side. It splatted hard enough to knock it over, the mud getting between the rocky plates with ease—not as good as water, but not far off, Mackie thought.

Certainly good enough to win, though, he realized, when Tank rolled over to his belly but didn't otherwise move to stand.

Ziggy ran in a little circle, then made a dash for Dozer, ramming into him with a gleeful squeal.

"Good one," Casey said, looking up after giving Tank a comforting rub under the chin and a pat of approval. "Never saw a normal type fight that hard against a rock type."

Mackie smiled, glancing down at Dozer, who was now engaged in a post-battle wrestling match with Ziggy. "He's got spirit, for sure. Kinda silly too, but still," he said. Dozer would probably fall asleep soon enough, doze off after his exertion. "Want some help?" he asked suddenly. "I mean, with your pickin'? Been a long time since I did any harvest work, and they're just gonna play for a while anyhow an' then sleep."

"Sure," Casey said, his easygoing expression brightening even more. "It'd be nice. Tank isn't much for conversation."

It turned out to be even better than Mackie had expected. Part of it was some talking shop about berry markets, and pokemon, and then part of it was Casey pointing out some of the places he knew wild pokemon often came. There was a family group of wild Ryhorn just visible past one of the fences, and though the Spoink Spot, as Casey called it, didn't have anyone at home that Mackie could see, he found later on that his pokedex had registered one anyway, from somewhere that he just wasn't looking.

When he parted ways with Casey, it was also with some good directions for the path up ahead—and a paper bag full of berries.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Broadway - Mackie needs to stop making friends or soon the whole of Sinnoh will love him!

Congratulations, Dozer grew to lv. 22!
    Congratulations, Ziggy grew to lv. 23!

Wolfwhispers - Sorry for the forgettance, great battle with some quite persistant Houndours.

Congratulations, Tauros grew to lv. 28!
    Congratulations, Treecko grew to lv. 12 and learned Quick Attack!
    Congratulations, Haunter grew to lv. 32!
    Congratulations, Persian grew to lv. 35!
    Congratulations, Rhyhorn grew to lv. 28!

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    The ball stopped moving. Ethan felt like swearing, but he was above that. Though he was fairly certain the ball had not captured his original target, he did not yet know whether what he had caught was anything to swear over. Instinctively he knew if it was good the ball would not have shaken as feebly as it did. But he wasn't going to tell himself that when there was still a chance to be optimistic. He inched forward cautiously and knelt down, taking the wet and muddy ball into his hand. Since it was a water Pokemon he wanted to release it on land to prevent it from escaping. Holding his breath, he pointed the ball at a spot a few feet away from the water and pressed the release button.

A jet of red light materialized into a red-orange fish, gasping and flopping in the grass. Ethan couldn't help but let out an audible groan. Everyone in the world knew what this was; Magikarp were fairly common symbols, and there was a fable he had been told in his youth about a young man who had been swindled into buying a Magikarp with his life's savings. Needless to say, he was not impressed by the infamously weak creature. Even Verde, who knew she wasn't exactly a powerhouse herself, gave him an inquiring look. Her large dark eyes seemed to say 'Really? Is this it?'

There was no need to use his Pokedex on it, as he knew exactly what it was. What it evolved to was no secret, either. Having grown up around the ocean, he'd heard at a young age the horror stories involving Gyarados at sea. With some training this Magikarp could become such a powerful creature, able to break ships in half with the sweep of its tail. He would be a fool to pass up the opportunity to add such a strong ally to his team. But the effort it would take… How could you train a creature that could do no more than flop on you?

Verde chirped softly and crept closer to the Magikarp. It just stared at her with one stupid eye, opening and closing its mouth soundlessly. She seemed to be sniffing it, with the way her antenna was moving. After she determined it was safe she covered the rest of the distance to it and climbed right on top, pinning it effectively even with her negligible weight. Ethan couldn't help but laugh at the pride she emanated at being able to dominate the lesser creature. "Does this mean we're keeping it?" he asked, already knowing the answer. It was confirmed when she crooned and dismounted, allowing him to inspect it closer.

Without much strain Ethan could see that his Magikarp was a male, and a fine specimen at that. The whisker-like organs on either side of its mouth were tan, notifying him of its gender. The scales on its body were a beautiful red-orange instead of the dull orange color of its fellows. And it may be wishful thinking on his part, but he thought its eyes were somewhat less vacuous than others he had seen. Perhaps it would indeed be worth attempting to train the fish. But if he were going to keep it, that would mean he would have to give it a name, and start referring to it by its gender.

He recalled the Magikarp and allowed Verde to climb back onto his right shoulder, which seemed to be her favorite place to perch. Luckily, the path was easily visible from where he stood, so Ethan had no problem going back to it. Still, he resolved to be more observant in the future. If he had been unable to see the path he may have been lost, and ended up wandering until he found his way back. That would not be good here, so he would need to be more careful. For now, however, the day was a pleasant blend of warm air and cool breeze. The sun was bright, dappling the way ahead with emerald light. All things considered, the day was full of opportunity and Ethan wasn't going to let one misguided Pokeball ruin it.

With that thought in mind he began again, submersed in thought. He hardly noticed the eyes peering at him from the bushes on either side, for by now he had learned that most of the wild Pokemon were too frightened of humans to attack without provocation. There were exceptions, he was sure. Surely there were badly tempered, territorial Pokemon who would not want them on their territory. But he doubted that any of them lived in such a civilized area. Likely they would be found out at sea, deeper into the forest, and further into the wilderness. For now, at least, he was safe. That allowed him time to consider where he was, where he was going, and where he'd been.

Speaking of where things had been, when Ethan glanced over his shoulder Flare was nowhere to be found. He glanced around calmly at first, but when she wasn't anywhere within sight he began to get nervous. "Flare?"

Mindful of her master's fears, Verde climbed down Ethan's body and began to make a chirruping sound that was obviously a beacon. When nothing responded, he retracted his steps with his Caterpie close on his heels. Flare wasn't by the pond, but a trail of fox-like paw prints lead ahead of him, toward Oreburgh. His only chance, he reasoned, was to continue on and hope he came upon her. If he didn't he would put up posters, proclaiming that she was his, and he wanted her back. She may not like him, but he hadn't wanted her to run away.

"I'm not a very good trainer so far, am I?" he mused darkly.

In contrast with the terrain Ethan had experienced thus far, there were few trees on the horizon. The stony soil produced some grass, but the patches were few and far between. The trees that did grow were short and thin, due to the bad conditions. Over time water had cut a deep chasm, across which a rope bridge had been built. There was a nerve-wracking wind, making the bridge swing precariously. With wide eyes Ethan watched its progress, thinking how easy it would be for him to lose his footing and slip into the body of water too far down for him to survive the fall.

"Are you with me on this?" he asked Verde. She squeaked nervously, but there was support in her tone none the less. As strange as it may sound, her comfort strengthened him. He took a deep breath and surveyed his surroundings more thoroughly, and discovered they were particularly beautiful. Despite the barren soil, the waterfalls cascaded down in a graceful arc, creating a roar that he was sure he could find relaxing if the bridge didn't frighten him so much.

Procrastination would do him no good, he knew, and there was only so much daylight left, so he approached the bridge cautiously. Ethan's white-sneakered foot came down on the wooden slats and swayed with the movement of the bridge. He would have made a comment to Verde, but he was afraid that his voice would fail him. So he took his second step forward, and found that his uneasiness did not abate the further he went.

He progressed looking straight ahead, one foot in front of the other, and tried to ignore the fog slowly surrounding him. In due course his vision was completely obscured, and he had to keep track of his path by resting both hands on the ropes on either side. So focused was he on the danger that would follow a missing slat in the bridge, he nearly screamed when he stepped onto solid land.

The ridiculous nature of the situation caused him to laugh aloud, almost hysterically. Verde peeped in answer, which only made him laugh harder. Then there was a sensation of wings brushing against his cheek, and Verde's weight was gone from his shoulder. Instantly he was thrown into a panic as his mind produced one word: bird.

"Verde!" he screamed, listening for a response. She began making the same sound she had when he'd left her outside of Jubilife. Though that could easily have been centuries ago, it still sent a shock of guilt through him. That guilt propelled his legs, carrying him toward the sound. He could only hope that whatever had her didn't perch on a cliff too high for him to reach. Though there were few trees, he sincerely hoped there would be one tall enough to interest Verde's avian attacker.

Ethan's pursuit had led him past the fog, giving him a clear view of the offender. What it was, he couldn't yet tell, but it was large and his Verde was clearly visible in its talons. The sight enraged him, helping him to speed up. It was a good thing, too. The bird landed under one of the weedy trees and released its grip on Verde. When she tried to crawl away, however, it placed one large foot on it and lowered its beak. "Hey!" he yelled frantically. He continued to scream as he neared the bird, hoping to catch its attention. It worked; it looked up, allowing him to see the horns above its eyes. But identifying it as a Noctowl would do him no good. The species did not matter. What mattered was the only other Pokemon he had was Maverick. Despite all the careful training he had done with his Magikarp he was still just a Magikarp, but he was his only hope. He pulled his ball out and threw it as quickly as he could. Maverick landed on the ground with a flop and a gasp. His unimpressive appearance did not seem to bother the Noctowl, however. It hooted in interest and fluttered over to him, releasing Verde. The instant the gargantuan bird was away from her Ethan rushed nearer to her until he was close enough to recall her. Her injuries could be serious, but there was no time to find out. He now had to get Maverick back without offending it. Some may call him cruel for substituting Verde for another, but he knew something that they may not: no matter how enticing Magikarp may seem to a Pokemon who preferred fish, it was too tough to even nick a scale. The Noctowl seemed to have realized that, and was making a low angry whirring sound as it pecked incessantly at Maverick's scales. As he inched closer to the bird he remembered the Aron he had recently caught. He could have laughed with relief, but there was no time for that. He produced the Apriball he had used to catch her with and unscrewed the knob on top. She materialized in a jet of light and let out a cry like the sound of metal grating against metal. The first time Ethan had heard it he'd shuddered, but now there was hardly a more welcome sound in the world.

"Get it, girl!" he commanded. "Mud-slap!" She glared at him with her one eye, less than pleased about taking orders from some punk kid who had taken her unceremoniously from her home, but she did as she was told and slapped a wave of mud onto the Noctowl. It shrieked in indignation and turned to face Aron and Ethan. Seizing his chance, Ethan recalled Maverick and withdrew a new Pokeball from his pocket. He didn't know much about Flying types, but Noctowl was a spectacular species, and even if he decided he couldn't stand to keep it he was sure someone would give him a nice trade for it, especially in an area where Noctowl did not live.

The mud from Aron's attack remained in its feathers. It shook violently, but its pattern remained darkened. "Alright, Head Butt it now." Once again she obeyed his command and slammed her hard body into it. Noctowl cried out and tumbled backward, talon over wing. The difference in experience could otherwise have tipped the scales in Noctowl's favor, but the Steel type was barely affected by birds at all, meaning Aron had the advantage. Wondering if it would be enough, Ethan threw the ball in his hand. It struck Noctowl straight in the chest and sucked it in. After several shakes it remained still. Somewhat shocked, he called Aron back and picked up the ball.

After he stowed it in his pocket, Ethan realized that he was alone. For the first time since he had received Verde, he was completely alone. He didn't much like the thought, so he released Verde again in order to check her wounds. Despite her ordeal she climbed up his leg as always, though this time she settled into his arms. Responding to her need to feel protected, he held her like a baby, belly up so he could see the claw marks. They weren't deep; it seemed that Noctowl used their toes to hold prey more than their talons. For that he was grateful. "They don't look too bad, dear heart," he said in his most soothing tone. "Would you like me to bandage them now, or wait until we get to the Center?" Verde crooned softly, nuzzled his chest, and climbed out of his arms and over his shoulder. Before he could protest she attached herself to his pack and began to spit a silky thread, somewhat like her String Shot. The thread coated her body so that by the time Ethan had carefully removed his pack and turned it to face him she was half covered. For a moment he was afraid she was dying, but the thread began to solidify and turn a light green, and he realized that this could easily be her chrysalis form. When she had finished spinning her shell he was certain. Two eyes opened up on either side and despite the less expressive quality, they were obviously hers.

"Is this for regeneration?" he asked curiously. She blinked once; he took that as an affirmative. "Well, as long as you're alright." She blinked again. It seemed that conversation was going to be even more one sided than ever. But that was alright, if this was something Verde needed to do. He hoisted his bag back up, though unusually he faced it forward. He may look asinine, but he could keep better track of Verde this way. She was particularly vulnerable, and he intended to make sure nothing happened to her.

Celestic loomed before Ethan in all of its small-town splendor. Verde blinked noncommittally at the cluster of buildings, her shell glistening slightly in the light cast by the various rides and tents put up for the Celestic Fair. Over the last few days she had grown more responsive, blinking at things and wiggling in her shell. He hoped that meant she would be coming out soon, because he very much missed Verde's conversational qualities.

Though he wanted to go see what was happening at the fair, it was necessary for him to go to the Center first. He wanted to have his Pokemon assessed and take a short rest, himself. That was why his steps led him to the red roofed building at the eastern side of the town. A sign of the wealth of the town, the Center did not have automatic doors. He pulled them open and entered into the now-familiar bright cleanliness. The red haired nurse at the counter asked for the same information as always, and he wrote down the same answers: Verde, Medapod, F; Maverick, Magikarp, M; Kodora, Aron, F; Yoruna, Noctowl, F. He then handed over his pack with Verde attached, causing the nurse to give him a strange look. "She cocooned to it," he explained lamely.

About an hour later the balls containing his team and his pack were returned to him. Kodora had received a shell buff and Yoruna had her feathers and talons cleaned. For the first time he was greeted by the same large eyes from Maverick and Verde. The likeness didn't much bother him, as he knew it would be gone soon. But he sincerely hoped the both of them would evolve soon.

He recalled all but Verde, who remained attached to the bag. She blinked at him a few times, which he took to mean she was pleased to be back with him. Now that his team was back with him, he could go on to the fair. The moon had risen by the time he got back outside. It wasn't full, but the light it cast was enough to bathe all it could reach in a pale glow. He couldn't help but smile faintly. The sight was rather beautiful. Apparently Verde thought so too; she began to twitch rhythmically and emit a soft cooing sound, similar to the sound she used to make when she was a Caterpie. At first Ethan thought it was just another of her moods, but then she didn't stop. She began to shudder while she twitched, and the shell dented in several places. Was she evolving, Ethan wondered? Excited, he knelt down and removed the pack. It set firm on the ground while Verde wriggled and jerked. Eventually a rip appeared down the front of her shell. A pair of beautiful black and white wings emerged first, followed by a soft purple body. Verde unfurled her new form gracefully, revealing multi-faceted ruby eyes, long thin antennae, short blue hand-like parts, large wings, and four light purple scars on her left side in the shape of Yoruna's talons. He felt instant anger towards the Noctowl for causing his girl to be marred in such a way, but she didn't seem to mind, and he knew he couldn't blame Yoruna. She'd only been doing what was natural to her. But his mind was made up. Though she was innocent, he was officially looking to trade her.

Verde looked up at him with her jewel-bright eyes and purred softly. "Hey there, beautiful," he said softly. He pet her fur gently, astounded by how soft it was. He was truly glad that he had gone back for her. Then just a cute little bug, now she was a beautiful fully evolved Butterfree, capable of some impressive feats in battle. Ethan began to feel like a Sarvais again for the first time since he had realized his starter was a Caterpie. For the first time, he felt like he could face up to his father. His starter was fully evolved, he had a Steel Pokemon, Maverick was close to evolving, and he was looking to trade a Noctowl for something larger. Things were looking up for him.

Considering the options, Ethan determined that he would rather take the route connected by bridges than the grassy winding path filled with aggressive wild Pokemon. Though Verde was well rested and his team was ready to go, he wanted to go the way with trainers. He wanted to challenge his girls-and his boy-by facing them with Pokemon raised by trainers. It wasn't as though they had never done it before, but the majority of their battles were against wild Pokemon, and that simply did not yield as much of a challenge.

In due course Ethan was traversing the bridges connecting various mesa-like plots of earth, keeping his eyes open for any young trainer who looked like they might have time for a fight. He didn't have to look long; a girl no older than himself sat on one of the grassy mesas, legs stretched out before her with a Wurmple in her life. He chuckled softly, reminded of himself with a younger Verde. "You want to take this one?" he asked her from where she clung to his back, close to the same shoulder that she had always adored. She cooed a negative, indicating that another of the team could lead. "Alright, dear heart. Maverick can have it. Maybe he'll finally go up a tier." He approached the girl at a leisurely pace, radiating confidence. It was a pattern he'd discovered, that if he went into a battle with confidence the opponent would be partially disarmed. "Are you too busy for a quick scrap?"

The girl whipped a long blonde ponytail behind her back and stood up. "Not at all," she answered in a tone just as calm as Ethan's. "To get the formalities out of the way, my name is Willow and I train mixed types."

"Ethan, same. Would you like to lay down the rules?"

Willow seemed to consider for a moment before deciding. "Untimed. Healing agents may not be used until after the battle. Best two of three."

Ethan nodded in agreement. "That'll be alright. Would you like to go first?"

"It would be my pleasure," she said with a smirk. Using only hand signals she directed the Wurmple from her lap out in front of her. Although he was impressed with the level of discipline the larval Pokemon showed, he was far from intimidated. The faintest smile curled the corners of his lips as he threw the ball containing Maverick out onto the field. The red-orange fish gaped blankly at his opponent, making the trainer laugh aloud. "Really? A Magikarp?"

Ethan didn't respond. As far as he was concerned, there was no need to. Maverick would do the talking for him. As protocol dictated, since she'd chosen first and set the rules, it was his move. "Splash, Mav." Maverick flopped uselessly in the grass. Willow laughed again and directed the Wurmple to tackle him. It smacked into him like a bug against a windshield and fell back, confused. While Maverick may be a virtually useless creature, his scales were hard and he was growing more experienced by the day. From the sheer ineffectiveness of the move Ethan determined that Wurmple was likely freshly caught. That was good for Ethan and Maverick, and bad for Willow and Wurmple.

"Splash again. Don't hold back." Maverick let out a gasp and flopped against the Wurmple, effectively pinning it against the ground and grating his hard scales against it. Wurmple grumbled in a way reminiscent of Verde as a Caterpie, but he didn't feel guilty. This was an entirely different situation. Willow stared in shock; she obviously hadn't realized with some creativity and training, Splash could become a useful move. As much as Wurmple struggled to get out from under Maverick, it had been fully immobilized. Ethan hadn't expected this to be so easy, but the spines on the insect could not pierce Maverick's scales and it was completely immobile from getting away. After a few minutes Willow relented and returned Wurmple, declaring Maverick the winner.

"That was impressive," she admitted as she returned her Pokemon. "I'd never known Magikarp could be useful."

Ethan grinned in response. "All it takes is some practice."

Maverick gasped again, then lay perfectly still. Both Willow and Ethan stared at him, confused by the sudden quiet. Verde, on the other hand, did not seem baffled. She seemed invigorated, vibrating her wings to create a soft hum. Maverick responded by exploding into a bright white light and beginning to grow rapidly. His body lengthened at a frightening speed, growing in girth as well. Ethan stared open mouthed, hardly able to believe what he was witnessing despite having planned for it since he caught him. After the light faded the terror of the sea lay coiled in the place where a Magikarp had been only moments before. "Mav?" he asked stupidly, his voice almost failing him. His Gyarados roared in response and for a moment he was forcibly reminded of the dream he'd had the morning before he received Verde, where he'd been eaten by a Lugia. Then Maverick dipped his massive head and allowed Ethan to glimpse the potential ferocity, yet docile quality of his eyes.

Tentatively Ethan reached out and touched Maverick's scales. If he thought about it, he could tell that Maverick was a lighter blue than most others of his species. It was a beautiful color. So focused was he on Maverick that he didn't even remember Willow until she spoke. "That was amazing."

"Yes it was," he agreed. Reluctantly he recalled Maverick the Gyarados, marveling at the new addition to his team. Although he had been planning on Magikarp turning into Gyarados, it had simply not been a reality until now.

Gray clouds slithered lethargically into the sky, partially obscuring the sun. As a result few people were out on route 216, due to the fear of rain. There was no such aversion in Ethan's mind, however. If it truly started to come down there was always a tree to duck under, and the presence of a mountain suggested that there would be caves. At first he had feared for Verde, thinking perhaps the water would damage the dust on her wings and render her unable to fly. But common sense dictated that the dust must be waterproof, for Butterfree and other winged Pokemon engaged in battle with Water types often and were able to fly afterward. Therefore he'd checked out of the hotel he'd stayed at in Veilstone and left early, while there was still a morning chill in the air. Life as a trainer had conditioned him to get up early, go to bed late, and do it all over again for weeks, even months at a time. At first his muscles almost constantly ached from exertion and tiredness almost always clung to his limbs. But over time his body had grown accustomed to the abuse and he was the better for it. He'd begun to grow into his lanky limbs, and his muscles were no longer stringy and adolescent in appearance. As of yet, he had not noticed the difference, as one rarely does notice such change in himself.

After some debate Ethan decided to take the path outlined by white fences on the ground. It was a maze, to be sure, but that would only make it more fun. Besides, he had two air-ready Pokemon to guide him if he got lost. As a precaution against the potential rain Ethan had donned a pair of long, thick jeans, a trench coat, and combat boots. He looked strange in the apparel, but if he got caught in the rain he wouldn't be soaked through. The new belt he had bought at the apartment store was wrapped around his waist and held onto the four apriballs he had also purchased. They were each artfully--and expensively--painted with shiny colors. An artist in Veilstone had been seeking a new challenge, and Ethan presented it to him gladly. The first was the same purple as Verde's fur, with silver swirls and ruby red spots. Directly after it was finished he'd transferred Verde into it instead of her Pokeball. The second was a lovely hue of turquoise, with yellow spots lining the top half. The third was completely silver, with black spots placed in the same pattern as the ones on Kodora's armor. The fourth was decorated with tawny feather patterns and was the most basic of the four.

The lush grass was pleasantly soft under his feet, Ethan discovered. He let out a sigh and tilted his head skyward as he walked, enjoying the cool air and the slight humidity. This was his favorite weather, without question. For as long as he could remember he'd been most able to relax in a setting like this. Verde's amiable presence only aided the fact. She clung to his back in the same place, making the soft humming sound he had become accustomed to. It lulled him into an autopilot state where he followed the path ahead of him without considering it, drawn completely into himself. The time for introspection was well needed, and he enjoyed it.

Then a white shape hopped the fence and stood in front of him. Ethan blinked and was able to focus on a stocky four-legged white Pokemon with red scar-like markings. It hissed angrily at him, making him back up a step. Verde climbed up onto his shoulder and extended her wings with a shrill screech. It was an obvious attempt to ward the Pokemon off and protect him. As warmed as he was, he withdrew his Pokedox from within his pocket and pointed it. "Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokemon," it read. "When it battles, it stands on its hind legs and attacks with sharply clawed forelegs."

The information did nothing to decrease its intimidation factor. It stood and bristled its fur, ears plastered against the back of its head, claws extended from its muscular paws. What had made it so angry, Ethan didn't know, but now wasn't the time to ask questions. "Down, Verde," he murmured. "You don't want to get your wings ripped." When she obeyed he detached Kodora's apriball from his belt and unscrewed the top. She sprang forth, poised for battle. Immediately the Zangoose responded with a chattering battle cry and charged.

Ethan didn't have time to direct Kodora, but she took action on her own. She met Zangoose halfway with a Headbutt, knocking it back several feet. It was, however, unperturbed. It sprang back to its feet and lunged again. However, every time it did Kodora met it with a Headbutt or a Tackle. Ethan watched with pride, amazed that such a small heavy creature could move so quickly. Despite his awe, however, he knew he had to stop this before Kodora really hurt it. His first instinct was to return Kodora and run, but he reconsidered. Perhaps the Zangoose was occupied enough to allow itself to be caught?

Though the apriball was fresh and unpainted, that could be taken care of later. He extracted it from his pack and unscrewed the top before throwing it at the feral Zangoose. It landed in the grass and shook repeatedly, while Ethan held his breath and Kodora stared at it aggressively.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Strikit - Wow, that was great. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I liked the fragmentation of his story. Also a great idea to take a natural approach to the metamorphosis.

Congratulations, Ethan caught a lv. 22 male Zangoose!

Years
    Once Selene's Pokemon had been fixed up, they were on their way again. Selene still thought that Tim was a bit annoying, and kept shooting glances at him. He didn't notice (or if he did, he pretended not to) and was instead just looking at the scenery. Selene scuffed her shoes along the brown dirt that made up the road, just for her own amusement. She needed something to do if Tim wasn't going to talk. She sort of began to think of Jake, and had a very bad feeling that if she happened across him sometime then he wouldn't be too pleased to see Tim. Then again, Selene wasn't exactly pleased that he was tagging along.

She had just opened her mouth to say something to him, when suddenly her backpack gave a harsh jerk. Selene squeaked. Tim paused and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Selene slipped off her backpack and peered inside, a bit freaked out. She saw everything there, but still didn't know what the hell had just moved. She glanced up at Tim. He was still giving her that raised eyebrow. In all truth, he probably thought that she was crazy.

"My backpack just moved," Selene declared, pointing at it.

Tim gave her a rather dry look. "Are you psychotic or somethin'?" he grumbled, more to himself. She still heard though.

Selene gave him a rather evil look. "No I am not. I swear the thing just moved!"

"Well, maybe you've gotta spare Pokemon in there," Tim joked. Oh, how right he was.

Selene huffed and looked in her backpack again. This time, she could've sworn she saw bright eyes staring back at her. Selene's eyes went wide as ever, and she squeaked and snapped it shut. Moments later, the backpack wiggled again and she felt something push against her hands. Tim looked a bit curious this time. Selene, despite her killer curiosity, was a bit scared that she had some sort of rapid Pokemon under there that was going to eat her if she opened the flap. Finally she ruled herself as stupid, because the thing wasn't being crazy and growling, it was just pushing lightly against her hand. Selene let out a deep breath, moved her hands away, and watched as a long...blue......snake.......

"SNAKE!" Selene squealed, scrambling over and hiding behind Tim. She peered around his shoulder and looked at the offending blue thing that was now eyeing her. It tipped its head to the side curiously and gave a sad little whimper, then began to slither (or was it more like dragging?) itself forward. Selene took a step back. It moved faster. "Ok..." she said slowly, still scared shitless.

Tim snickered. "That's a Dratini, you doofus. I'll bet that's what you got outta that egg! Those're rare Pokemon, they are," he said wisely. "You'd better befriend it, because I think that thing is totally in love with ya now."

Selene was about to open her mouth to make some retort, when there was a rustling in the bushes that were rather close to Dratini. A Houndour came growling out of the bushes moments later, eyeing Dratini with a rather frightening look on its face. Selene didn't like that one bit, even though Dratini was part snake. She grabbed Aron's Pokeball and was about to throw it when she thought better of it. Aron would totally get his ass kicked. She sighed and grabbed Tanana's Pokeball instead. Dratini was shivering, probably scared out of its wits at the offending growling puppy.

"Watch it Dratini," Selene called, tossing Tanana's Pokeball. In a flash, the ghost Pokemon was out and on the ready. "Tanana, keep that dog away from my Dratini. Attack with confuse ray!"

Selene knew she probably should have went with Kenai or Denahi on this one, but it was much too late now. Tanana's eyes lit red, and she sent a rather harsh orb of color directly for the Houndour. Moments later, that thing was barking something that sounded like the ABCs and dancing around like it was a human. Selene snickered, but when she looked up again she wanted to smack herself. Dratini was inching closer to Houndour, eyeing it with curiosity. Stupid little thing was going to get itself killed! Selene told Dratini to come back, but it just looked at her then slithered around Houndour's form. It was almost like a wrap attack, but Selene couldn't tell if it was doing anything or not.

"Erm..." she muttered, scratching the side of her head. "Tanana, just beat Houndour and be careful of Dratini. Use night shade!"

Tanana rolled her eyes and then went in for the attack. Houndour, though confused, wasn't completely stupid. It knew that Dratini was most definitely not supposed to be wrapped around itself, and thus the dog began to growl and spin around in circles as it tried to get Dratini off. Dratini's head kept smacking Houndour's head, but the dog didn't seem to mind. Selene smacked her forehead and refused to watch. It looked more like a circus than a Pokemon battle. Tanana's attack hit, but not before Houndour actually got a mouthfull of Dratini's tail. Dratini squealed in pure terror as Houndour ripped it away from its body, knocking Dratini to the ground.

Selene leered at the dog, who seemed rather proud of itself. Houndour glanced at her and growled. Tanana went for another night shade, effectively lowering the Houndour's health only another fraction. Houndour growled menacingly, apparently out of its confused state now. It stalked towards Dratini instead of Tanana, and Selene groaned.

"Tanana, use sucker punch!" Selene ordered, even though she knew it wouldn't do much damage.

Tanana went in for the attack, but just before she could hit the Houndour rounded on her. It slammed its jaws down on her hand, effectively getting her with a type-advantaged bite attack. Tanana let out a ghostly wail, and then attempted to vanish from Houndour's teeth. It didn't work. Dratini watched curiously for a moment, and then seemingly got serious. Dratini slithered right up to Houndour and then its little ear things (Selene didn't know what they were, the white things on the sides of its head) lifted up. Suddenly there was a small spark of electricity, and Houndour was whimpering and twitching as it tried to run but somehow couldn't.

"Well...that's one way to do it," Selene grumbled. "Alright Tanana use sucker punch again! Dratini, I guess you can help out by using wrap!"

Selene wasn't really sure how to tell if Dratini was fighting or playing, but oh well. It worked out either way, and Selene liked it. Dratini slithered around Houndour and squeezed it again, and Tanana slammed into its muzzle with a harsh sucker punch attack. The dog whined and began to crawl away. Selene ordered Dratini to let go. The Pokemon complied and got off of the Houndour. The dog continued to slink off into the bushes, effectively beaten.

Selene looked at Dratini. "Well. I guess you aren't so bad, for a snake."

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Fen - Good post, I like Dratini already, its so cute.

Congratulations, Tanana grew to lv. 28 and learned Payback!
    Tanana can't learn anymore moves, will you delete one?
    Congratulations, Dratini grew to lv. 8!

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    When the Pokeball finally stopped twitching about and there was the comforting 'ping,' Sara let loose a wide smile. The girl got up fully and walked over to the now occupied ball. Picking it up, Sara punched the air with it and shouted, "Yeah! I got a Zangoose!"

Lee grunted and muttered a few things under his breath. He really didn't think it a good thing that the Cat Ferret Pokemon was now on their team. The Normal type just seemed really violent, as was the norm for Zangooses. But still there was just something about the new comrade that Lee just didn't like. Though it might have to do with what the Zangoose said to the Blade Pokemon, what ever it may be.

"Okay Lee, I know that you don't like this," Sara observed and she turned to her Pokemon. "But if this Zangoose could hold up as well as he did against you without using any real attacks and even beaten down as much as he was, that speaks of how strong he is. Heck, if I hadn't told you to use Confusion, you probably would have lost!"

"Gallade…" Lee muttered, crossing his arms and glaring at his trainer. He knew that she was right, but there was no way that he was going to admit that.

"In any case," Sara continued, "this guy is your new comrade so treat him with some respect. You don't have to get along completely, just make sure that you don't kill each other during a double battle." The trainer looked about herself but looking at Lee again and smiling slightly. "Anyways, you mind Teleporting us to the closet Pokemon Center? I want this guy to be the best shape he can be before I even think about using him in any kind of battle. Plus I need to think of a name…"

Lee said but walked over to his trainer. He didn't like doing something for the stupid mongoose but there was no way he was going to go against a direct order from Sara. So he crossed his very straight arms across his trainer, making sure the flats of his elbow swords touched her, before they disappeared in a blink of an eye.

-/-/-

Sara figured a few things out while she waited in the Veilstone Pokemon Center. One was that she was never, ever EVER going to have Lee teleport her somewhere again unless her life was in danger. It wasn't the Blade Pokemon's fault at all, it's just that Sara didn't know that she had a problem with all of her body disappearing from the universe in one instant and appearing in a completely different place.

It seemed to take forever for the girl to finish emptying her lunch and recovering from the shock of it all. Heck, an older lady came by and asked if she could drive her to the hospital. But Sara soon recovered and entered the Pokemon Center. She wondered briefly if maybe she could get use to teleporting but she was no where near willing to try again soon.

Second, she finally came up with a nick name for her new Zangoose. Sure, she didn't have to but the girl liked to give nick names to her Pokemon. She thought it gave them more of a personality and identity plus she liked the challenge of trying to figure out names for them.

So, when the Nurse Joy called out her name, Sara was more then happy to get up from the bench and pick up the Zangoose's Pokeball. She then walked out of the Pokemon Center and sat down on a bench just outside of the red roofed building. Sara pointed the ball away from herself and in a flash of red light, the scarred Zangoose appeared before her sitting down. He looked about himself before facing his new trainer and growled slightly.

"Okay, I know this might not be what you wanted," Sara said with a small smile, making the Zangoose stop growling and blinked in surprise. "And I'm sorry if you have some ral problem with being captured, but I swear I'll do my best to train to the best of my abilities. I'll do my best to make sure you enjoy your time in my team."

"Zan..." The Cat Ferret said with a frown, not expecting the girl to be this civil to him.

"So, to start you off, I've thought of a good nick-name for you!" Sara said as she stood up and pointed dramatically at the Zangoose. "You shall know be known as...Tavi!"

"Zangoose?" the Normal Type asked, tilting his head with confusion.

"...Okay, let me explain," Sara said with a sigh. "You see, when I was younger, there was this short story I ready about a Zangoose that was saved by a small family. In return, he protected them from an evil Seviper. This Zangoose's name was Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. Since I don't want to give you a name that long and the first two words are kind of stupid, I settled with Tavi, since it sounds the best. What do you think?"

The Zangoose frowned for a bit, before smiling and nodding his head, approving of the name.

"Great!" Sara said, then held up Tavi's Pokeball. "Well, time to go back into your ball. But don't worry, I'll call ya back out soon."

"Zan!" the now named Tavi said as he disappeared in a red light into the ball. Sara smiled to herself before once more heading out on Route 216 once more.

-/-/-

Once more, the female trainer found herself walking down lastest Route in her Pokemon Journey. However, this time, Lee was out and about walking with her. Though Sara was greatful for him protecting her when Tavi attacked, she thought it best if the Gallade stayed in his Pokeball for now. Besides, she had no plans to catch any more Pokemon so she didn't think that there was any need to have him out.

Naturally, Sara should had known that just because she wasn't looking for a fight, it didn't mean that other people or things weren't looking as well.

"Hey, you over there," a young male voice called out to Sara.

The girl sighed to herself as she turned to see a teen age boy, not much younger then herself, in a simple t-shirt and jeans. Sara sighed again and said, "Let me guess, you want to battle? Very well, what are the condition of it?"

The boy smirked, he like this girl's attitude. "Just a Single Battle with three Pokemon. That sound good to you?"

"Yep, it does," Sara said as she took out an Apriball and threw it up into the air. "Angela, come out!"

The ball opened up and in a bright, white light the Puppet Pokemon appeared. Angela grinned when she saw the boy in front of her, guessing that a battle was going to take place soon.

The boy also grinned and took a pink Apriball out. "Come out, Pikachu!" He shouted and in another flash of light, the small, mouse Pokemon appeared. This Pikachu had a heart shaped top to it's tail, showing that 'it' was actually a she. "Alright Pikachu, use Thunder Shock!"

"Pika!" The Pikachu said as she gathered some elecricity around her cheeks before letting loose an electric shock at the Ghost, making Angela cry out.

However, despite her Pokemon's pain, Sara smile and said, "Okay Angela, Payback!"

Angela also grinned and charged at the Pikachu, slamming her darkness covered horn onto the Mouse Pokemon. The Pikachu cried out in pain as the attack connected with her and she skidded across the ground. The Pikachu had some problems getting back up, but did.

"Quick, Pikachu, another Thundershock!" The male teen shouted to his Pokemon.

The Pikachu grunted and once again launched a bit of electricity at the Ghost. The Puppet Pokemon let the attack hit her and, since she knew what her trainer wanted her to do, fought back with another Payback. This knocked the mouse onto the ground and she didn't get back up again.

"Nice going," the teen said as he returned his Pikachu to her ball. He then reached for another Apriball and threw that up into the air, "But lets see how you handle my Golbat!" The ball opened up and in a flash of light, the large bat appeared. This Goldbat had somewhat long fangs, marking it as male.

"Huh, interesting," Sara said before shouting, "Okay Angela, use Screech!" The Puppet smirked before shouting out her familiar screech, making the bat shiver and step back a bit.

"Use Bite Golbat!" The boy shouted.

"Counter with Shadow Sneak!" The girl yelled.

The Golbat few quickly at Angela, mouth open wide. But when he was just about to sink his long fangs into her body, Angela suddenly melted into the ground. Golbat blinked and looked about himself in confusion before letting out his own screech of pain as Angela came out of the ground and slammed her body into him.

"Quick, use Wing Attack Goldbat!" The teen called out.

"Payback Anggie!" Sara ordered.

And so the Pokemon issued out their trainer's commands. The Golbat spun around quickly and whacked the Ghost with his wing, knocking her back aways. But Angela soon recovered and slammed her dark covered horn into the bat, making it cry out again.

"Use Astonish Golbat!" The boy said.

"Dodge and use Faint Attack!" Sara shouted.

The Golbat grunt as it once again charged at the Puppet Pokemon. However, when Angela suddenly seemed to faint, he stopped his charged and moved in a bit closer to get a better look at his opponent. Angela took that time to suddenly get up and slam her body into the bat. This knocked the Poison/Flying type out.

The boy grunted as he returned his Golbat to his ball before taking out his third and final Apriball. Wordlessly, he took out a teal colored Apriball and threw it into the air. In yet another flash of light, a small, monkey like Pokemon appeared in front of the girl. Just as silently, Sara took her Pokeball out and scanned the newest Pokemon, learning that it was called and Mankey. She then returned Angela to her ball and took out the green Apriball. She threw the ball up and Destiny appeared in her own flash.

The boy grinned when he saw the challenge given to him and said, "Okay Mankey, use Screech!"

"Destiny, use Magical Leaf!" Sara shouted.

The Mankey proved to be the faster foe for it let out a wild shriek at the Jubliee Pokemon. Destiny shivered in slight fear, but was still able to gather the magical leaves around her and launch them at the monkey, knocking it back a ways.

"Quick, Destiny, follow up with Charm!" Sara called out.

Destiny nodded and put on a very cute face. When the Mankey got back up, it turned to glare at the Togekiss. But when the monkey saw the face that she wore, it couldn't help but to relax and calm down.

The boy just grunted and said, "Mankey, use Seismic Toss!" he shouted.

The Mankey grunnted with his trainer and jumped at the Flying Type. The Pig Monkey Pokemon wrapped it's thin but strong arms around the Togekiss and spun around in the air acouple times before slamming the Togekiss back onto the ground, causing her to cry out in pain.

"Destiny! Shock Wave now!" Sara called out.

Destiny grunted slightly as she got herself back up into the air, gathering some electricity around her. She then let out a wave of electricity at the Mankey, once again knocking it back.

"Mankey, Assurance!" The teen yelled.

"Destiny, another Shock Wave!" Sara yelled as well.

The Mankey once agian jumped at the Jubliee Pokemon, but was slammed to the ground when she sent out another wave of electricity at it. The monkey grunted as it hit the ground and pushed itself back up, but it seemed to take quite a bit of energy for him to do so.

"Destiny, another Magical Leaf!" Sara ordered before the male teen could give out one of his own.

"Togekiss!" Destiny cried out as she gathered her leaves around her and launched them at the Pig Monkey Pokemon. The mankey let out a screech as the leaves cut through it's body. When it hit the ground, it was clear to see that it wouldn't be getting back up again.

The boy grinned and returned the Mankey to it's Apriball. "Well, you beat me fair and square miss. Here, take this," the boy said as he held out some money and a bottle of Moo Moo Milk. Sara smiled back as she walked over and took the prizes, Destiny floating by her shoulder and looking very proud of herself. After the girl took the money, the boy just smiled one more time before walking away.

"Well, that was nice," Sara said as she turned to smile at her Togekiss. "At least you and Angela should be a bit stronger now, huh?"

"Toge!" Destiny said and playfully nudged her trainer.

Sara smiled before she returned the Togekiss to her ball and once again started down the Route. The girl hummed to herself and looked up at the beautiful day that it turned out to be. The girl walked for another half hour before stopping but a small pound off to the side. With a grunt, Sara put her pack down and sat near the edge of the water. The girl sighed happily and laid back on the grass, enjoying the breeze on her face.

"Hey, kid, mind if we have a battle?" An older woman voice asked not too far from where Sara was.

With a sigh, the girl sat up and looked over to where she heard the voice. She saw a pretty woman in a purple sleeveless shirt and tight jeans with long blond hair. The woman smiled when she saw that she got Sara's attention and said; "Well, what do you say? A double battle with three Pokemon?"

"Sure, I guess that sounds good." Sara said finally as she stood up and took out a blue Apriball and a Pokeball. The girl threw the balls up into the air and called out, "Merric, Lee, come out!" The balls opened up and in two flashes of light, the Gyarados and Gallade appeared.

The woman raised an eyebrow at the Pokemon the girl summoned but then smiled and threw up a couple Apriballs of her own. When they opened up, they released a Tropius and a Quagsire. Sara herself smiled when she saw the Pokemon and got into battle mode.

"Okay, lets make this quick guys! Merric, Icy Wind on the Tropius! Lee, Magical Leaf on the Quagsire!" Sara ordered.

"Tropius, Quagsire, fight back with Fly on the Gyarados and Earth Power on the Gallade." The woman shouted.

All four Pokemon went with what their trainers told them to do. Merric took in a deep breath and exhaled a very cold breath at the Grass/Flying type. However, the Fruit Pokemon flew up into the air and avoided the attack. The Tropius then dived down adn slammed it's large body into the Gyarados' head, making him stagger back. Lee had a much better time with his attack. After gathering the leaves around him he launched them at the Water Fish Pokemon. This did some major damage to the Quagsire but it still was standing. It then seemed to gather energy around it and, before Lee could do anything, the ground seemed to burst up and launched itself at the Gallade, knocking him to the ground.

"Merric, quick, use Bite on the Tropius! Lee, use Slash on the Quagsire!" Sara called out.

Merric was more then happy to comply with his trainer's order and quickly jerked his head around to bite down on the Tropius with his large maw. The Tropius cried out in pain and thrashed about for a bit before finally getting free from the Gyarados' crushing grip. Meanwhile, Lee extended his sword elbows and jumped at the Quagsire. He then started to slash at the Water Fish Pokemon many times with both elbows. The Quagsire couldn't only take so much from the massive attack it suffered from before and soon fainted.

The woman sighed and returned the Quagsire to it's ball. She was surprised to see Sara do the same thing with her Gallade. The trainer just smiled before pulling out another Pokeball.

"Just want to try this guy out myself," Sara explained as she threw the Pokeball up into the air. "Come on out, Tavi!" The ball opened up and in a flash of white light the Zangoose appeared. He smirked confidently as he saw the battle and stood up on his hind legs, ready for battle.

"Interesting," the woman said with a smirk as she took out another Apriball and threw that up into the air. In another flash of light, an Ariados appeared. It glared at it's opponents and clicked it's pinsers together.

"Alright, lets do this," Sara said. "Merric, use Icy Wind on Both the Tropius and the Ariados! Tavi, use Sword Dance!"

"Tropius, Fly again! Ariados, Spider Web the Zangoose!"

Tavi was the first out of all of them to react to what was happening. He started to do what seemed to be a ruitulistic dance. The Tropius once again flew up into the air to get ready to dive down again while the spider started to shoot some thread at the Cat Ferrit Pokemon. However, they both were stopped by Merric. The dragon-like Pokemon took in a very deep breath and, just as the Tropius and Ariados were about to launch their attacks, let out a very deep exhale of icy cold air. This wind caught the Tropius mid-dive and made it crash to the ground. The attack and impact was more then enough to knock the Fruit Pokemon out. The breath also froze the Long Leg Pokemon's webbing, making it stop in it's tracks and knocked the Ariados back.

"Okay Tavi, use Fury Attack!" Sara called out to her now powered up Zangoose.

The woman quickly returned her Tropius and shouted, "Ariados, use Bug Bite!"

Tavi grinned and launched himself at the Ariados, slashing at it three times with his very large claws. The spider braced itself and took the blows, which hurt it greatly but still had enough fight in it to attack back. When Tavi was done his assult, it jumped at the Zangoose and bit the mongoose hard on the arm. Tavi cried out in pain and slammed the Ariados acouple times on the ground before it let go.

"Quick, Tavi, use Slash!" Sara called out to her Pokemon.

Tavi grinned and ran at the Ariados, giving it a long and hard slash. The spider let out a loud cry of pain before falling to the ground, knocked out.

The woman sighed and returned her third and last Pokemon to it's ball. She smiled, however, and walked over to Sara with some money. "Nice battle there girl," she said, then looked at the Zangoose and up at the Gyarados and chuckled. "Though, I have to say, I don't think I had much of a chance."

Sara just shrugged and took the money. The woman gave a quick wave and walked away. With a smile, the female trainer turned to her two Pokemon. "Nice going you two! Ya did great!"

Merric grinned and lowered his giant and slightly battered head to his trainer head and rub his side fins against her gently. Sara giggled and pet the Gyarados back. Tavi tilted his head at the scene before shaking it. In all that the young Pokemon knows, he has never seen or heard anything like this in his life. A Gyarados that likes a human! Who would had thought?

Sara noticed her newest Pokemon's look and smiled again. She then returned both Pokemon to their balls with some more praise and picked up her pack again. With a silent Prayer that nothing more would happen, Sara once again set off down the Route.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Charzeon - Great battles, apparently Teleporting isn't quite what it's cranked up to be, hm?

Congratulations, Angela grew to lv. 28!
    Congratulations, Destiny grew to lv. 24!
    Congratulations, Lee grew to lv. 25 and learned Sword Dance!
    Congratulations, Merric grew to lv. 24 and learned Dragon Rage!
    Congratulations, Tavi grew to lv. 24!

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    "Oh, hi!" the nurse said as Bryce ran into Pokémon Center. "Would you like me to heal your Pokémon?"

"Sure," Bryce said, handing her the Pokeballs that contained his Pokémon. "Um, I have a question." He said to the nurse who was starting to go to the back of the Center where she could perform her duties.

"What's wrong?" the nurse asked. Bryce proceeded to inform her of the situation with Todd and Snorlax and how his Pokeball wouldn't contain the 1000+ pound Pokémon. Nurse Joy listened intently, with a nod and an "um-hmm" here and there. Finally, after the story was finished, the nurse answered. "Well, it sounds like the Pokeball is glitched."

"Glitched?" The nurse nodded her head.

"These Pokeball are still fairly new. They tend to malfunction every now and then." Of course! Bryce thought. Why hadn't he thought of that? "I would suggest buying a Teal Ball for your friend. They're on sale at the Shopping Center." The nurse continued, handing Bryce his Pokémon. "We hope to see you again!" She called out as Bryce walked out the door.

The shopping center was huge! It was even larger on the inside as it was on the outside! Bryce had trouble finding it all. "Hi, youngster!" Bryce heard a familiar voice. "What are you looking for?" said an old man.

"Um, I'm trying to figure out where Teal Balls are?" Bryce answered, turning around to see the old man who'd pointed him out to the gym earlier.

"Oh, well that's an easy one." The old man started. "If I remember correctly, it is over there." The man pointed towards a rack full of hand-made Apri Balls. "Yeah, that's it. I remembered because just the other day I…" The man stopped talking when he realized that Bryce had already left. "Young people," he exclaimed. "Always in a hurry!" He walked away, disgruntled.

Bryce scanned up and down the racks looking for the Teal Ball. The truth is, he didn't really know what Teal was. He knew it was something like blue-green, but he wasn't really sure. It wasn't until he saw a sign that said "TEAL BALLS" that he realized exactly what teal looked like. Relieved to have finally found what he was looking for, he walked up to the counter and paid for it before leaving the Mart and heading to where Todd was.

Just then, the egg in his backpack had begun to shake. The egg!? He thought, surprised. He'd completely forgotten about the egg! He rushed behind a nearby tree to ensure that no one saw him. He quickly pulled the egg from his backpack, and watched as the egg started to crack. The egg started to flash brightly, causing Bryce to cover his eyes. When the flashing had stopped, an ancient-looking Pokémon lie in its place. Surely, this thing couldn't have just hatched from that egg, he thought. He pulled out his Pokedex to read the description.

Relicanth, the Longevity Pokémon. A rare Pokémon discovered during a deep-sea exploration. It has not changed in over 100 million years.

Bryce felt as if he had his own raincloud beating down on him. Why did he get this? He wanted something strong like a Lucario or a Machamp or something! Not some fish/rock thing! Just my luck, he thought as he picked up the Pokémon and continued to walk towards Todd and his Pokémon.

By now, Todd and his Snorlax had fallen asleep. Bryce made an "ahem" sound to wake them up.

"Where have you been?" Todd asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Looking for your Teal Ball," Bryce answered. "The nurse said that this would work." He handed the ball to Todd, who used it on Snorlax. Snorlax fit perfectly! The little boy jumped up and down in glee.

"Now we can go!" he said. He started to run through the city and to the next route. Bryce and Mankey following behind him. Bryce was surprised he hadn't noticed the big ugly fish that he was carrying. Kids, he thought. Route 216 was almost like a maze. There were so many paths that he didn't know which one to take. He decided to follow Todd. He seemed to know where he was going.

The two had reached a mountainous area when they heard someone speaking. "Hey, where are ya going?" It was someone dressed up like a camper. "Let's battle." The camper continued to say.

"Sure, you're on." Bryce said. He hadn't had a nice battle in a while. Well, actually he'd just battle a gym leader but that was a while ago. Mankey stepped forward, as always, ready to battle. Bryce loved that little monkey. Always willing to fight for its owner.

"Hmm, so you have a Mankey, huh?" The camper threw out a Pokeball. Out popped a Graveler. Bryce smirked, sending out a rock-type against a fighting-type. What was this idiot thinking? "I know you may be thinking 'what is this idiot thinking?'" the camper said, as if reading Bryce's mind, "But I have a surprise for you. Magnitude now!" Graveler started to glow. Then the ground started to shake. Strangely, only Mankey was hurt. The poor little Pokémon was out cold. Bryce couldn't believe it. He recalled the Pokémon.

"So that's your game huh? I have a few tricks too! Todd, hold my Relicanth!" Bryce said, shoving the Pokémon into Todd's arms.

"Relicanth? Where'd you get a Relicanth, Bryce?" Todd asked, to which the answer was, "Roselia, use Leech Seed!" Roselia launched a bunch as seeds at Graveler. Upon impact, the seeds quickly grew and wrapped around Graveler. The Pokémon tried to break free but the vines held tight. They drained energy from Graveler, which was absorbed back into Roselia.

"Now, use Absorb!" Bryce called out to Roselia. Roselia went up and touched Graveler, absorbing some of its energy. The Pokémon started to look pale. The trainer yelled out.

"Hey, no fair!" he said, recalling Graveler. He threw out another Pokémon, which contained a Growlithe. Bryce recalled Roselia, much to the trainer's surprise. "Oh, so you're calling back Roselia? What are you, chicken?" The trainer started to imitate a chicken, walking around in circles and flapping his arms.

"I'm not a chicken!" Bryce yelled, grabbing his Apri Ball that contained Roselia. He was going to send the Pokémon back out and prove his strength. "I'll show you who's a chicken. I'm gonna kick your…"

"Bryce! You can't send Roselia out like that. It'll get hurt!" Todd warned Bryce. However, he was too angered to listen. Bryce threw out the Apri Ball anyway. The camper stopped barking and got serious once again.

"That's more like it." The trainer said. "Growlithe, use Ember!" Growlithe jumped up and spit out some small flames at Roselia.

"Dodge!" Bryce called out. Roselia jumped out of the way, barely dodging the attack. "Now, use Poison Sting!" Roselia released some spikes from its hands. The spikes hit Growlithe, poisoning it. Growlithe looked like it was in pain. The poison was starting to take an effect. The camper grew angry. Things were not looking too good for him.

"Use ember again! And this time, hit it!" Growlithe started to repeat the attack, but was hurt by the poison.

"Roselia, use Magical Leaf!" Roselia shot out multiple leaves at the Growlithe. The leaves were glowing with all of the colors of the rainbow. It was a pretty sight. The leaves lit up the entire area, and hit Growlithe dead on, knocking it back. Growlithe slowly got back to its feet. "I suggest you give up," Bryce said. "Growlithe can't stand much more damage."

"I don't need your advice." The trainer snapped. "Use ember. If we can just hit it once, we can win this!" Growlithe started to attack, but fell to the ground. It was unconscious. Bryce was glad he'd won, but he also remembered his whole ordeal when Luxio was a Shinx. He walked up to the trainer.

"I'd suggest you get your Pokémon to a Center quickly," he said, handing the trainer a Super Potion.

"I don't need your help!" The trainer said, snatching the Super Potion and running back towards the town.

"Well, are you proud of yourself?" Todd said, looking at Bryce angrily. "You put your Pokémon in danger to prove yourself. It's not you were the one battling. It was your Pokémon who was battling!" He continued to glare at Bryce.

"Whatever!" We won!" Bryce replied, looking over at Roselia. Roselia turned her head and went back into her Apri Ball. Bryce picked up the Apri Ball and put it back into his backpack. "Not, let's continue."

"Re. Li. Canth." Relicanth said with no expression on its face or in its voice.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Rockman0 - Poor Relicanth xD Good battle, glad to have you back.

Congratulations, Bryce received a Relicanth!
    Congratulations, Mankey grew to lv. 26 and learned Assurance!
    Mankey can't learn anymore moves, will you delete one?
    Congratulations, Roselia grew to lv. 22 and learned Grasswhistle!
    Roselia can't learn anymore moves, will you delete one?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Chapter Sixteen
    Valor Lakefront
    Free Post
    Number of Posts: 1​

Valor Lakefront is a foresty field that is situated right before the actual lake. There is a path going straight toward the Grand Lake Hotel and there is a smaller path going toward Valor Lake. There isn't a lot more, but there also aren't any annoying fences, you should be glad for that.

Wild Pokémon:

Bibarel

The New League

Level: 20-24
    Type: Water/Normal
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl, Rollout, Water Gun, Headbutt, Hyper Fang

Kricketune

The New League

Type: Bug
    Moves: Growl, Bide, Fury Cutter, Leech Life, Sing, Focus Energy

Houndour

The New League

Type: Dark/Fire
    Moves: Leer, Ember, Howl, Smog, Roar, Bite, Odor Sleuth

Girafarig

The New League

Type: Normal/Psychic
    Moves: Power Swap, Guard Swap, Growl, Confusion, Stomp, Agility, Psy Beam

Graveler

The New League

Type: Rock/Ground
    Moves: Defense Curl, Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Rollout

Nidorino

The New League

Level: 21-23
    Moves: Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick, Poison Sting, Fury Attack, Horn Attack

Nidorina

The New League

Moves: Growl, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick, Poison Sting, Fury Swipes, Bite

Lake Valor:

Lake Valor is one of Sinnoh's great lakes, but that is also all it is. There's a small strip of land where a few Pokémon reside, and an opportunity to relax by the water and maybe fish a little. There are a lot of tourists here due to the nearby Hotel.

Wild Pokémon:

Chingling

The New League

Type: Psychic
    Moves: Wrap, Growl, Astonish, Confusion, Uproar, Last Resort

Golduck

The New League

Type: Water
    Moves: Aqua Jet, Scratch, Water Sport, Water Gun, Disable, Confusion, Water Pulse

Lunatone

The New League

Type: Rock/Psychic
    Moves: Tackle, Harden, Confusion, Rock Throw, Hypnosis, Rock Polish, Psywave

Solrock

The New League

Type: Rock/Psychic
    Moves: Tackle, Harden, Confusion, Rock Throw, Fire Spin, Rock Polish, Psywave

Fishing:

Seaking

The New League

Type: Water
    Moves: Poison Jab, Peck, Water Sport, Supersonic, Horn Attack, Water Pulse, Flail

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    As soon as the Pokeball stopped moving Kodora lost interest and looked up at Ethan expectantly. She was expecting more orders, he knew, but there was no more need for her services at the moment. He thanked her and recalled her, returning her ball to its place on his belt.

Moisture from the grass had collected on Zangoose's Pokeball. Ethan picked it up and wiped the wetness on his jeans, but he did not let it out. It had been frighteningly aggressive, so he wanted to get to know it better in a safer environment. The most likely explanation he could think of was that he was on its territory, and it was defending what belonged to it. The thought made him feel slightly guilty for capturing it, but it was a commonly known fact that Pokemon fared better under the care of a trainer. If Zangoose didn't, he figured he would double back when he was able and release it in the exact spot he'd caught it. Until then, it could definitely become a useful addition to his teal. Normal types were one of his favorites, having fewer weaknesses than so many others, and even being immune to Ghost Pokemon. Likely that would come in handy. Of course, Zangoose would have to learn an elemental move so as to avoid the problem of Ghosts being immune to Normal moves, but that would be no trouble. He would purchase a TM at soonest opportunity.

The white fences still loomed before him when he resolved to begin travel again. Luckily, they weren't as difficult to traverse as he had thought they would be. It was even an enjoyable walk; on both sides he could see various Pokemon going about their little lives, foraging for food, scuffling for territory, and even a male Houndour trying to win a female's favor by strutting about proudly. The sight made him laugh softly. The rules of Houndour courtship were obviously not so different from those of humans. He'd never understood how poor fools managed to make themselves look so stupid in front of the fairer sex without feeling like an idiot. Then again, he'd never been in love. And he never wanted to, either, if it would make him act like that. "You're the only girl I need anyway," he said aloud, scratching the fur between Verde's antennae. She chirped happily and nuzzled him.

Not unusually, there were other trainers on the route. He passed nameless faces and their Pokemon, not really focusing on them. If he'd been out for a battle maybe it would be different, but he just wanted to enjoy the day. Then he recognized a ball glinting on one of the young girls' belt. A pretty Apriball decorated with creamy flames, it looked to be the ball of the Vulpix he had lost so many months ago.

"Hey, excuse me! Can I talk to you?" he called out, sprinting to catch up with her. Face flushed with excitement, he explained the situation, how he thought his Vulpix may be contained in that ball, and how he hoped to get her back.

"I don't expect you to give her to me for free, of course," he added. He swung his bag off of his shoulder and rummaged in the large front pocket for the plain Pokeball containing his most recent birthday present. When he found it he pressed the release button on the front and sent out a fluffy, doe eyed young Eevee. "I like her and all, but she's too young to keep up with my team just yet, and I miss Flare. If you'd consider trading with me, I'd be forever grateful."

After a little more conversation Flare's Apriball was once again in his hand. Thrilled with his luck, he affixed the ball to his belt next to Yoruna's. It was easily one of the most beautiful of the six, even more so because of how much he'd missed Flare. He may have only had her for a few hours several months ago, but that was long enough to get attached. Verde cooed excitedly, her antennae twitching. Ethan laughed as he began walking again, toward the gorgeous Lake Verity. There was an extra spring in his step now. He had his Flare back, he'd caught a Zangoose, and it was a particularly beautiful day. The overcast quality of the sky overhead continued to invigorate him. How it could get any more beautiful, he didn't know.

"You hungry?" he asked Verde. She made an affirmative sound and flapped her wings slowly, more to keep them from falling asleep than to take flight. "So am I. Lunch by the water?" Again, she cooed an agreement, so he sped up. There were all kinds of good things in his bag from his stay in Veilstone, and some were perishable. He would have to enjoy them before they went bad. There were even some special treats for his team, each specially formulated for their type.

The surface of the lake reflected the gray clouds above, but it was beautiful nonetheless. Ethan found a fairly dry patch of grass and shrugged his bag off onto the ground. Verde fluttered off of it and hovered gracefully in the air. Humming to himself, Ethan set up six strong ceramic plates; five normal sized and one large one. They made his bag somewhat heavier, but training had strengthened his muscles, and he no longer felt the strain as heavily as he once had.

On each of the plates he emptied packages of various colors and sizes, all of which contained specially formulated Pokemon food. Verde landed next to hers immediately. When he came to the last, largest plate, Ethan opened a large can and emptied what looked like fish meat onto it. Personally, he had never liked fish, but he knew Gyarados did.

With that done he released his Pokemon one by one, Yoruna into the sky, Maverick into the lake, Kodora on the grass, Zangoose where he could keep good track of it, and last, Flare. The Vulpix emerged in a flash of white light, as graceful as ever. She blinked up at him with large eyes, tilting her head in confusion. Having been blind inside her ball, she'd had no hint that a trade was happening. Now she laid her ears flat against her head and turned her back to him.

"Flare, what did I do?" he asked, hurt by her rejection. Without so much as a flick of her tail she found a plate and settled down to eat. It looked as though Flare liked him now no better than she had when she ran off. The knowledge stung, but instead of giving up he resolved to try harder to win her respect.

Musing over the events of the last several months, Ethan made himself a sandwich filled with all sorts of good things and began to nibble quietly. His grey eyes swept over his team while he thought how proud he was to have assembled one so nice as his. Of course, he still wished to fill Yoruna's slot with something, anything else. He'd never been able to forgive her for nearly killing and eating Verde. When he caught his next Pokemon she would be the one to go home, there was no doubt about that.

Footsteps behind him caused him to turn around. What he saw made him do a double take. Long red hair, swaying hips, and an hourglass figure had him instantly mesmerized. He stared open mouthed, as though he didn't realize the goddess coming towards him was looking right at him. She smiled and looked him up and down. When he realized what she was doing Ethan blushed bright red and scrambled to his feet. "H-hi," he said awkwardly.

The girl giggled and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Hey, are these all yours?"

Ethan gaped stupidly until he realized she was talking about his team. He then hurriedly nodded. "Yeah, all mine. That's Verde, Kodora, Yoruna, Maverick, Flare, and… erm… Zangoose." Verde looked up at hearing her name called and fluttered over to Ethan. Though it could be difficult to tell an expression from compound eyes and a pair of mandibles, she didn't seem to happy about the newcomer. She stood at Ethan's feet and squeaked, but he didn't so much as look at her. One could practically see the steam rising from her furry head.

The girl placed her hands on her hips and smiled dazzlingly. "That's all well and good, but I want to know your name, sweetheart."

He made several failed attempts to speak before blushing again, clearing his throat, and succeeding. "Ethan. It's Ethan." Mentally he slapped himself and ordered himself to be cool, man. He stood at his full height and ran a hand through his hair. "What about you, beautiful?"

She laughed and adjusted her denim jacket that she was wearing over a black spaghetti strap shirt that only covered half of her midriff. The motion drew attention to the pale skin of her collarbone and down further. He knew he shouldn't be staring, but he was sixteen. He couldn't help it. The girl just seemed to think it was funny, lucky for him. "The name's Ash. I don't know if you've noticed, but my shirt doesn't have anything to read on it. But that's alright. I haven't come across such good looking Pokemon in quite a while. Care for a quick match?"

Ethan jumped at the chance to show off. "Yeah, of course. I'll let you pick first."

"Actually, I think I'll choose for both of us." She winked and unscrewed her Apriball. A particularly beautiful Milotic materialized in Lake Verity's clear water. She glided through the water toward Maverick and intentionally brushed him with her tail. The larger, more masculine water serpent turned around quickly with a roar in his throat that faded out of existence when he saw her. "Your Gyarados," Ash clarified.

"Uhm… Yes. Maverick." Ethan cleared his throat and crossed the distance to the water's edge. Ash followed suit, sashaying over next to him. She was close enough that he could smell her perfume on the breeze, which made his heart thud excitedly.

"I'll attack first," Ash offered. "Sira, darling, use Mist."

The Milotic, who apparently was named Sira, skimmed her tail along the surface of the water. The movement generated a spray of water, which Sira then turned into mist with a blast of cold air from her mouth. The battle effect was moot, but Maverick couldn't stop staring at how her scales glittered prettily. His master, likewise, was intrigued by the way the mist curled around Ash. Far from oblivious to his attention, she smiled coyly. "Your move."

Ethan slapped himself mentally in an attempt to make himself focus on the battle. "Maverick, don't lose your head. Use Bite!" Maverick's desire to please his master warred with the instinctive need to impress a mate. In the end he tried to compromise. He lunged at Sira and closed his mouth around her body, though not even hard enough to pierce her scales. Ash laughed while Sira freed herself with a simple undulation of the body that left Maverick gaping helplessly. "Good work, darling," she praised. "Hit the poor devil with an Attract."

Sira obliged. She blinked her pretty eyes at Maverick and waved her tail, making her scales sparkle. Slowly she swam over to him and wrapped her body around his. That left Maverick as incapacitated as though he had been encased in cement. Frustrated, Ethan shook his head. How was it that his most powerful Pokemon had been so easily reduced to a staring idiot? Ash giggled again and instantly he was reminded. "Erm… Thrash," he said weakly. It was more of a suggestion than a command. Maverick seemed to take it as such. He wiggled feebly, not nearly as strongly as a Thrash.

"It looks like he's not willing to fight anymore," Ash said with a pout. "That's too bad… I guess I win." She recalled Sira, which made Maverick roar mournfully. Ethan did likewise so as to prevent Maverick getting too upset. His pride was wounded, but the sensation was dulled by a continued interest in the gorgeous girl next to him.

"Maybe we can go again sometime," he suggested hopefully.

Ash laughed, apparently finding his persistence endearing. "I'd like that." She stood on the tips of her toes and kissed his cheek before sashaying away, leaving him staring after her with no idea what had hit him. There was an angry screech and a piercing sensation in his leg. Ethan yelped and looked down to see Verde glaring up at him.

"What?" he asked, oblivious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back