• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Transformers Movie

Years
  • The Decepticons don't have many spoken lines in the movie, with the exception of Starscream. You don't see much of Megatron until the last third of the movie, and most of the other Decepticons, as I said before, come on more like monsters than anything else.

But this is all minor stuff. The movie's still awesome.

Well, the other only one I'd like to hear is Soundwave. God, I love that synthetic voice. I'm such an 80's child. Shifty eyes.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • That movie got a one star..Rightfully so the action was too dull and obvious you basiclly knew what was going to happen pffft pathetic.

Years
  • Yeah I know I already reviewed but I want to take another turn...

They focused way too much on Sam. There were two scenes that could have been much shorter to give time to improving the actual Transformers...Finding the glasses, while the autobots hid in his yard was dragged on. Then the part where they were arrested, then escaped, then arrested again should have just been them being arrested.

The movie shouldn't have been called Transformers...It should have been "Shia LeBouff and the Giant Robots"

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • I can't brag about the movie enough. It was an amazing film, and a sequel is pretty much guaranteed. I know that I'll be seeing Transformers more than once.

AbareMax

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    That movie got a one star..Rightfully so the action was too dull and obvious you basiclly knew what was going to happen pffft pathetic.

Pathetic, eh?

No Reviews, Just Statistics

I don't know... It seems to me that Transformers is still going pretty strong. I think it's currently second or third in terms of record box office standings.

Moral of the story: Never trust 'Official' reviewers. Or you will be sorry in the long run. You will miss out on so much greatness that you'll feel cheated in the end, and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • theres only 5 autobots
    optimus prime
    ironhide
    jazz
    bumblebee
    ratchet

and 8 decepticons
    megatron
    starscream
    frenzy
    barricade
    devastator
    bonecrusher
    blackout
    scorponok

they originally were going to put up arcee but got taken out coz of fans protesting and she was replaced by ironhide
    anyways bout the movie id say 9/10, it was one of the best movie of the yr no doubt about it, becoz of its popularity and the huge amount of $$$ they got from the movie they decided to make transformers 2 right away (not much info known but speculated to be released in 2009)

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years
  • Now I have to say this. It lost it's jazz about 5 years ago -.-

Actually, it lost it's Jazz about three quarters of the way through when he got ripped in half :cheeky:

I have mixed feelings about the movie, since I was a fan of the original series. Obviously, there are certain things that were changed, and that's to be expected from any live-action remake of a former cartoon and/or comic series. I've lost all motivation to criticize live-action remakes ever since I watched Spider-man 3, which was terrible, so... I was able to enjoy this movie while it lasted.

Overall, I really liked this movie, although I don't like to admit it. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that Megatron didn't turn into a gun like he did in the original. Obviously that wouldn't have translated too well on the big screen, since it would be weird seeing a robot turn into a gun and not be able to move, and the director actually voiced that opinion, but still... a jet? I'm pretty sure that never happened in the original series... I did enjoy the VW beetle cameo at the beginning when Bumble Bee first showed up since they were at least acknowledging the past before changing things abruptly.

Luckily for me, Starscream caused some havoc, and then survived to get away at the end, which is cool since I'm a big Starscream fan. I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already (since I read the first few posts, then I skipped to my reply) but there is a trilogy that has been all-but-confirmed by the director. There will be 1 sequel for sure, but I think the situation is that Michael Bay hasn't officially signed papers for a 3rd because he wants to maintain some leverage for the script negotiations or something like that.

Anyways, I'll definitely be looking forward to the next one.

Years
  • Not out in the UK yet, but It can't be as bad as the Alvin and the Chipmunks live action movie will be.

Started pre-production July 3rd, is due out christmas, not much effort for that one is there.

I wanna see the film quite a bit.
    and I've heard that theres been stuff for the next two films.

plus I've heard they left it open ended

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • I never watched Transformers when I was younger. I was the kid who made fun of those who did. XDD

Meh. I thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Wasn't Devastator also known as Decepticon Brawl? They're both tanks.

Devastator in the cartoon was three Decepticons that combined into one massive robot. I don't remember him being in the movie though.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Ok all I can say is the CGI graphics were kool and so was all the explosions and the battle seens. I never really caught on to the movie much but it was also really funny. I watched it the day it came out in Toronto^_^

Back