• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2020
    Hi everyone, I'm Katmint. I come here the most of any Pokemon related forum, so I registered so I could post stuff. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Edit: I thought this thread was for introductions, but now I see I can make an intro thread. I'll do that. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Hello, my name is Jason. I'm an 18-year-old game design hobbyist from Long Beach, California.

I've been a Pokemon fan since I was 5 years old. My first game system I ever personally owned was a Gameboy Color, and Pokemon Gold version. I like mostly 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon, not too much of a fan of 3rd gen, and haven't gotten my hands on any 4th/5th gen games yet.

I've been into Rom Hacking since I was 11 years old, starting with Super Mario World hacking, and moving on to many other games. I love modding as well. Like Brawl modding, and many more.

As for hobby game design, I was doing it since I was about 12. I started with RPG Maker 2003. Eventually, I went on to 3D, working with the Torque game engine in 2007, and then the Irrlicht Graphics engine in 2009.

I'm fluent in C++, and can learn most basic scripting languages in 1-3 days.
    I also know a little bit of SNES ASM. (Very tedious work)

A few days ago, I started hacking Pokemon FireRed, learning how things work
    on the 3rd gen games, and I gotta say, the tools for 3rd gen games are amazing.
    It's almost (if not more) impressive than all the tools for hacking SMW. So, I decided,
    "I can get into this!", and decided to join this forum.

Eithne

Forever alone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Hi! I'm *forever a cone! *is shot* XD
    Aww man.. i want icecream now ; n ;

*( eithne )

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Sigh~ I would join minutes before April Fools :P
    Today after school, when I logged in, I was thinking about all the threads and then I saw what happened to PC! xD
    I'm sooo confused about everything! xD
    Haha, it was a pretty crazy prank though, wasn't it? Now that we can find things again though, I hope you post around and have fun with little to no confusion~

Hi everyone....im also new here in this forum!... glad to be a member here!...... just add me and visit me page.:classic:;):cheeky::D
    Hey, welcome to PC! Good places to start out making new friends are the Pokemon Trivia and Other Trivia sections- lots of little social games and such. :3

Hello. I have gone by BoboTheHobo before, and since my normal username was used already, I chose it again here. I don't expect to be especially active here, but it looks like a nice active place to come to occasionally.

I came here because I had a binge of playing ROM hacks (which, like usual, ends up with me frustrated and confused), and this place had a nice collection. I think I'll take part in the Challenges subforum when I come here again, but spriting and writing are also things I really enjoy.

I'm Canadian and I live in Nova Scotia, where we've gotten our first snow since January in the past two days. Not much, but it's still a bit ridiculous. I like music (RHCP especially <3), some strategy games (such as Risk, chess, and Advance Wars), and am involved in a decent bit of school activity.

My favourite pokemon are Beedrill and Steelix. Beedrill because it is cool and oddly proportioned, and Steelix because it's a giant metal snake that can will eat houses.
    Hey, welcome to PC. I'm liking the sound of your username and I hope for your sake that you're not actually a hobo and your reason for liking Steelix. It looks like you've already found a place to settle down here at PC, but I encourage you to not get stuck in just a few sections!

Hey everybody, I'm also new here, and I'm hoping to jump right in to things (although I'm kinda new to this whole forum thing).
    Hi there~ No worries about being new to the forums, they're pretty easy to get the hang of. Just check out the rules and be good, and have fun talking to all sorts of people around here!

Hullo \(^u^)/
    I just decided I felt like looking for a Pokemon forum since not a lot of people in my town care for it.
    OTL
    Nice to meet everyone~
    Nice to meet you too~ You'll find lots of people here that are fun and interesting, and everything to satisfy your Pokemon needs. :D I'd say head over to Pokemon General for a start, and you know, do whatever. As long as you follow the rules!

Hello, I am a new User, but i dont plan on staying long.

I tried Serebii and it didnt work, neither did yahoo answers, or even omegle worked.

Please, I am begging all of you, please complete my perfect team.

I have gotten all of these pokemon fairly, but lost them tragically. Like battery death, game death, and even, friends who released them behind my back.

What I am really looking for is a shiny charizard, i have already multiple lv. 100's, but no shiny, i am terrible at finding them, lv. 60 at the least, pokemon b/w please, but 4th gen games will do to. no masterball.

The second part is a Zoroark, yes i have one from the event, but you cant get a lv 30 at the end of the game and train it in 10 minutes, and all suitable pokemon to train with it, have been defeated, so i would like one lv. 60 or higher pls, no shiny, shiny zoro's are for collecting, not battlling. No master ball.

The third part is a Metagross, i was younger when i got it, but i caught it in a master ball, so now im sad, ar cheats are bad now. shiny yes/no idc, no master ball. lv. 60 and up pls, or close.

the fourth part is a tyranitar, i already got a FAIR level 100, but again, lost in the depths of my firered in my closet. Lv. 60 no master, no shiny.

The fith part is a dragonite, i already have that covered, twice.

The sixth part is a scizor, the best it can be, no shiny, no masterball, good moves, lv. 60 or up.

my b/w friend code is 2279 6649 1565
    my other friend code is 2106 4913 4390 for IV gen games {ex. HGSS, D/P/PL}

please contact me, ill check this for a few weeks every day, so dont hesitate.
    Well see, you may want to go over to the Trade Corner for that. NU/W doesn't really deal with trading and the games and such, so you'll be better off asking there I think. Just check the rules before you do anything!

Found this forum doing a search for my 10yr old son who plays pokemon on his DS. Thought I would join one since I dont know much about it, my son has aspergers so I know joining a forum can be a big help sometimes.
    Right now he is playing heart gold.
    Oh, when your son gets a bit older he could probably join up too. ^_^ I'm an Aspie, joined when I was 10~ But yeah, anything you need what has to do with Pokemon you can probably find here. Hope we can help you and your son if you need it~

I'm looking for a Vanilluxe or Beartic lv.50 and up. Shiny will get a lot more from me.
    That's something for the Trade Corner, bro. Good luck.

Hey guys, I'm new here. After looking around at different forums I decided this was the place for me (I may start a Serebii account though). I've never done a Pokemon before so this should be fun! My current poke-team:
    ->Samurott lvl. 43
    ->Damanitaran lvl. 43
    ->Vannilish lvl. 43
    ->Lilligant lvl. 43
    ->Gigalith lvl. 43
    ->Stoutland lvl. 43

As you can see I'm a little behind on the game (school is annoying and takes away from gametime). My ideal team (me and my friends are using only Unnova pokes right now) would be:
    ->Zoroark
    ->Damanitaran
    ->Lilligant
    ->Jellicent
    ->Vanniluxe
    ->Hydregon

Hopefully I can get my hands on all that! And I'll see you guys around the boards :)
    Hi! Your team at the moment doesn't look too bad, especially for an in-game team. I'm about at the same point you are, so no worries. ^_^ You may want to visit the Trade Corner if you need to trade for a few of your team members, otherwise I just wish you luck in completing your dream team~

Yo! Whats Up! Do U Support Black Or White?
    I've got Black, but I intend to get White when I have the money. I support both of them I guess. Welcome to PC!

Hello Everyone. New user "^.^. Reading some of the forum posts you all seem like great people, and I hope maybe I can make some new Pokemon friends :P

I'm currently on White, post game, and desperately looking for first and second gen starters, Any help appreciated :P

I also have Diamond =3
    Trade Corner is the place for Pokemon trading if that's what you need, otherwise I think you'll probably have fun just checking out the Current Generation Gaming sections. :3

Hi everyone, I'm Katmint. I come here the most of any Pokemon related forum, so I registered so I could post stuff. :P
    Yay, contributions! Welcome to PC~ You've probably got a grasp of what we tolerate here and stuff, but checking the rules wouldn't hurt either. Glad you could join our "little" community.

Edit: I thought this thread was for introductions, but now I see I can make an intro thread. I'll do that. :)
    Edit: This post really should go in my intro thread.
    Ah, you guys coulda posted in here too, but no matter. :3 Hi anyway is I don't get to your threads!

Hello, my name is Jason. I'm an 18-year-old game design hobbyist from Long Beach, California.

I've been a Pokemon fan since I was 5 years old. My first game system I ever personally owned was a Gameboy Color, and Pokemon Gold version. I like mostly 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon, not too much of a fan of 3rd gen, and haven't gotten my hands on any 4th/5th gen games yet.

I've been into Rom Hacking since I was 11 years old, starting with Super Mario World hacking, and moving on to many other games. I love modding as well. Like Brawl modding, and many more.

As for hobby game design, I was doing it since I was about 12. I started with RPG Maker 2003. Eventually, I went on to 3D, working with the Torque game engine in 2007, and then the Irrlicht Graphics engine in 2009.

I'm fluent in C++, and can learn most basic scripting languages in 1-3 days.
    I also know a little bit of SNES ASM. (Very tedious work)

A few days ago, I started hacking Pokemon FireRed, learning how things work
    on the 3rd gen games, and I gotta say, the tools for 3rd gen games are amazing.
    It's almost (if not more) impressive than all the tools for hacking SMW. So, I decided,
    "I can get into this!", and decided to join this forum.
    Looks like an experienced person come for the ROM Hacking! Sadly I know nothing about that... -__-; Welcome, though, and good luck in your endeavors!

Hi! I'm *forever a cone! *is shot* XD
    Aww man.. i want icecream now ; n ;

*( eithne )
    Nice pun there. I actually laughed. ^^; Welcome to PC! You probably won't get any ice cream, but you'll definitely get an amazing forum experience~

Ello forumz. I saw this forum own Google suu I wanted tew check it out.

I hope I kan make frands here. :3 (I'm also on 2 other forums)
    Oh, I bet you can make friends here pretty fast. Just check out the sections and post around~

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    looking for friends.

Soo... Im completely new to this place. I literally googled pokemon forums clicked the first one and signed up. XD

I have a question. Is it against the rules to exchange friend codes?
    Im currently on White post-game. My xbox is being aretarded and refuses to connect, so I resort to the pokemans.
    But alas, Im bored with nothing storywise to do. I found the seven sages. I havent caught kyurem, volcarona, thundurus, tornadus, landorus, or terrakion. And I dont want to until Im a higher level. Havent beaten the elite four (second time) or Cynthia.

And over 500 pokemon to catch is a bit overwhelming for me to even attempt. (other than doing it slowwwwly or cheating)

So... Any friend codes?

Thank you for being coolio! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I am poke-hunter and i am a new arrival. Anyone want to talk about pokemon black and white ?

Dusty B117 , this is my best friend's friend code :
    0303 9163 3260

I started over HG , when I beat it out I want to beat someone at a battle. HG Friend Codes ?

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Soo... Im completely new to this place. I literally googled pokemon forums clicked the first one and signed up. XD

I have a question. Is it against the rules to exchange friend codes?
    Im currently on White post-game. My xbox is being aretarded and refuses to connect, so I resort to the pokemans.
    But alas, Im bored with nothing storywise to do. I found the seven sages. I havent caught kyurem, volcarona, thundurus, tornadus, landorus, or terrakion. And I dont want to until Im a higher level. Havent beaten the elite four (second time) or Cynthia.

And over 500 pokemon to catch is a bit overwhelming for me to even attempt. (other than doing it slowwwwly or cheating)

So... Any friend codes?

Thank you for being coolio! :D
    Well first of all, welcome to the forums. Second of all, why would we block frien codes for a Pokemon site? It seems kinda dumb since our wifi community is alright, and that friend codes are key there. :| Annyway~ what you're looking for would be the Trade Corner. Don't go around breaking rules or anything there though, because I'll be watching. :<

I am poke-hunter and i am a new arrival. Anyone want to talk about pokemon black and white ?

Dusty B117 , this is my best friend's friend code :
    0303 9163 3260

I started over HG , when I beat it out I want to beat someone at a battle. HG Friend Codes ?
    Maybe the Battle Stadium would be the place for you? Just use the Quick Battle thread, and ask for a battle there if you ever want one with someone. Just don't go ahead and be reckless (like sending Roserade out on Infernape). :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Hey :)
    I'm new, obviously xD
    I'll do my info laterz..
    Just wanted to show up and say hi :D

I want to do a translated game into my language (Croatian), so I need some guides.
    Hope I will find them here :)

Cya ^^

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

I'm new here and i need help for the illustrations of my fakemon...Just e-mail me if your willing to help..THANKS..
    Welcome to PC! I think you could go over to the Art sections for that kind of thing, but I may be wrong... I wish you luck in finding what you need.

Hey :)
    I'm new, obviously xD
    I'll do my info laterz..
    Just wanted to show up and say hi :D

I want to do a translated game into my language (Croatian), so I need some guides.
    Hope I will find them here :)

Cya ^^
    Well hi! I'm sure you'll find what you need here, we've got all kinds of resources avaliable. I encourage you to check out the rest of the community too!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hi, I'm pretty scared. I am really new, and I want people to show me a few things. Thanks!

Aww, don't be scared. Everybody here is friendly and willing to talk~ You could start out checking out the Pokemon Trivia or Other Trivia sections those are the places that house all the forum games and interesting things. There is also Pokemon General for all your general Pokemon needs~
    So, whatever you choose to check out, there will be friendly and nice people everywhere so you should not be scared. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Well hi! I'm sure you'll find what you need here, we've got all kinds of resources avaliable. I encourage you to check out the rest of the community too!

Well, thank you, I read most of the important stuff, including the FAQ :D
    I will engage in some befriending soon :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Newbie hangout huh?

Hi! ^^

Anyways I'm in a bit of a dilemma, which Frillish do you guys think is better aesthetically, female or male? They both look adorable, but I only want 1 Jellicent. >>

Indigo_Absol

Bro-Tier
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I'm really new to the site, Even by lurker standards,
    So Hey
    Im Indigo_Absol
    Eighteen
    College
    Loved Pokémon since I was 8 (10 Years Of Pokémon Loving... not a euphemism)
    Started my own hack, and i'm doing okay for a beginner :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back