• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • Hi there....totally new to this whole thing....kinda nervous :,< This is completely unexplored territory! D:
    There's nothing to be nervous about! XD PC is sooooo fun, and you'll get used to the size after a while. It's actually not quite as big as it seems at first. :D

Heeey, i have noo idea where to post first...so many sections and things X-X.
    Well, that depends on what you're wanting to talk about. Just find a discussion that interests you, and start typing away. :] Just be sure you read the board-specific rules for each section though, as all of them have their own, separate rules.

Have fun, everyone!

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    What do you think of my team? I got 14 badges now. I didn't get this team all by myself, i got some pokemon from friends and in eggs.

Articuno: lvl 50 AncientPower, Fly, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam
    Charizard: lvl51 Slash, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Blast Burn
    Raichu: lvl 52 Discharge, Strength, Volt Tackle, Thunder
    Feraligotr: lvl 60 Waterfall, Crunch, Surf, Ice Beam
    Scizor: lvl 65 Night Slash, Iron Head, Wing attack, X-Scissor
    Arceus: lvl 81 Rock Climb, Future Sight, Recover, Hyper Beam

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • What do you think of my team? I got 14 badges now. I didn't get this team all by myself, i got some pokemon from friends and in eggs.

Hello and welcome to PC :D

Your team is quite nice, though I've never cared much about competitive battling, really. So you can't trust me on teams ;P

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Hello, everyone. I am also a new member of this site. I plan on doing a rom hack of Pokemon Ruby and I hope that everyone will take good care of me! ^-^

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    What do you think of my team? I got 14 badges now. I didn't get this team all by myself, i got some pokemon from friends and in eggs.

There is a place to go here to get your in-game teams rated. o:
    I'd recommend heading over to Strategies and Movesets, siiiince.. posted in this thread, it's considered spam.

Becareful though, as competitive battling teams can't be rated here. D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Kitsukami

Hey there, my name is Kitsukami... though it's fine to call me Kit, but not Kitsu. >> Anyway, I'm a huge fan of pokémon, but I'm not a huge battle-strategist or anything fancy like that. I simply play the game to play it, and enjoy plaza games and trading for any pokemon that I think are pretty/cute. ^^ I love playing with anyone that wants, and especially love playing with more than one person at a time... plaza games are more fun with 4!

Feel free to send me a message, and if you need to know more about me just ask!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    ~Hey i'm new to PC I was looking up stuff about soulsilver and happend apon the site and decided to sign up :)

I played when they where realsed in europe red/blue/yellow gold/silver sapphire/ruby and havn't played pokemon since sapphire and ruby came out. Went an got soulsilver for a bit of nostalgia and loving it so far.
    Hoping to do some trade and some battles and such and enjoy the wifiness of nintendo ds :)

Well see you all around!

aturfah

Pokemon Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    I'm new at this, and i need help understanding all this forum stuff and other minutiae about this website. l:o <= caveman smily

Lil Lee Harvey

Livestream League
    Years
  • Ahhhhhh... Brain hurt...

I miss the old pokemon, you had 151, or you could consider it 152 if you watched the series, you had a cable that could let you battle or trade with your friends, and Prof. Oak was always seen as the old guy who may or may not have had Alzheimer's.

Well... I've learned today that I know nothing of pokemon, and I don't know where to begin.

What's an EV? Everyone talks about competitive battling, how does that work?

Netbattle? PMU? Never heard of them... Any details someone can give me?

and on another note, I just caught a shiny Seadra :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Hi, I'm new as well. The name is Bonsly4Ever! My Youtube account is Pikachu4352! I am a huge fan of Pokemon and I Hope to make very good contributions to this website.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm new at this, and i need help understanding all this forum stuff and other minutiae about this website. l:o <= caveman smily
    Sure, what is it you need help with, Aturfah?

Just send any of us people with bold user names a private message, or post here in this discussion, and I'm sure any of us would be more than happy to assist you. :D

What's an EV? Everyone talks about competitive battling, how does that work?

Netbattle? PMU? Never heard of them... Any details someone can give me?
    EV = Effort Values. They are a recent discovery, but have apparently been a hidden statistic within the Pokémon games from the very beginning. If you can calculate them just right, your level 100 whatever will be exponentially stronger than a level 100 whatever that hasn't been EV trained. Competitive battling applies this technique, combined with finding proper natures, individual values, and much more. In a nut shell, competitive battling is all about creating the perfect team within a certain "tier," and testing it out against other members. :D

Oh, and congratulations on the shiny Seadra!

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    hey ppl im new so just call me shadowstorm(my nickname) over firestorm(secondary nickname) and im easy to get along with and have alot of pokes shinies,evd,events and more to trade so hope we can all get along and have fun :)

BlooDy_MuloS!!

team anbuja leader!!
    Years
  • hi im BlooDy_MuloS!!
    how i can see im the newest member of pc right now!!
    welcome to the others..uhmm hi to the others and welcome to the others that gonna sign up here!!
    i hope i will have i great time at pc and will find very much friends here so if someone want to be friends just pm or vm me haha!!!!
    and im gonna make an hack very soon so if someone is interested they should wait till i make the thread!!
    okay than see ya and all of the best for you all!!!

Years
  • Hey guys, I suppose as this is my first post I'm new here. I've been lurking for a good few weeks now so it honestly doesn't feel like it, but I only signed up for an account last week so... I've kind of been slowly going and setting things up for it, but I figure if I don't post soon I probably won't, which would be lame. Anyways, this seems like a pretty cool place, so you might see me around in Challenges or Hacking, if I feel the burning need to have my voice heard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back