• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 'New Xbox Experience'

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't think regular external drives or anything work with the 360; they make you buy one of theirs. I know there's a $100 "upgrade" available to Arcade owners. You get a 60GB hard drive, a headset, three months of XBL Gold, and an ethernet cable. So... it basically includes everything you'd be getting with a Pro console for the price of the difference.
    If you don't copy all of your games to your X360 you'll never need a harddrive besides the one it comes with.
    He'll need one if he wants to buy/download XBLA games and demos though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't think regular external drives or anything work with the 360; they make you buy one of theirs. I know there's a $100 "upgrade" available to Arcade owners. You get a 60GB hard drive, a headset, three months of XBL Gold, and an ethernet cable. So... it basically includes everything you'd be getting with a Pro console for the price of the difference.

He'll need one if he wants to buy/download XBLA games and demos though.
    The upgrade I saw on the website was a 20GB drive and three months of XBL Gold for $30. Which I think if less than a memory card that holds a lot less, so that seems like the better deal.

Anyway, I think I'm taking away from the point of this thread.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Just got on Xbox Live today and made myself an avatar:

The 'New Xbox Experience'

Looks somewhat like me =)

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Meh. The 'Mii's' (I will call them that) should be cuter, I think. But they're nevertheless cool. In general, I like the change.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Don't really like how they used the old themes. Looks really bland and I'm really angry because I wasted money on those themes.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Damn I hate not having Xbl, I'm still stuck with the nasty dashboard.

Years
    Do any of you remember that post I made about looking forward to the new Xbox Experience?

Well, I loaded it up in my 360 and honestly, I really hate it!! I don't like those stupid avatars that came with it. I don't care about the avatars. It's just some stupid gimmick that they stole from Nintendo.

Plus, the new look screws up the theme I had in my background that I had on there before I downloaded the "Experience." I had this picture of the late Dale Earnhardt as my background. Now it's all screwed up because it streches it out. Plus, I can't use any of the background themes I had before, since there's no option to switch them anymore!!! Maybe I haven't fooled around with it as much as the rest of you. I want my themes I already had!!

So, I really don't like the new experience one bit so far. Come back and ask me in a few weeks if I still hold this view.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I don't really care much about the avatars, they do look a little ridiculous though.

Back