• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 'New Xbox Experience'

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Could somebody PM me on where to click to get my avatar off xbox.com please? I can't find the option to get it anywhere :P

But yeah, I'm loving the update. The party system in particular is great, making the entire console seem a lot more of a sociable thing. The wii may be losing it's niché =]

EDIT: Scratch that, I found it :P

Last edited:

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    for those wondering just do this:

Code:
    https://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/GAMERTAG/avatar-body.png

That was the closest thing to my beard they had on there and it makes me look fruity :P. Oh well. They look better than the miis.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I heard that might've just been a translation error and that it's just referring to the individual backdrops that appear behind your friends; I can't tell myself from reading the original Japanese page. :\

At any rate, the actual Ninja Blade theme looks really good. I might drop points on it if no themes come out for my favourite games soon. o_O

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I don't like it at all. I already own a Wii so I've had enough of the stupid childish Mii things and White/Grey everywhere.

The Blade interface was much better. All it needed was some code optimization and a few new features.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    What's the "party" feature like, guys? :( Anyone tried it out? My gold expired the other week and I'm waiting till the end of the month to renew for a month so I can't do it yet.
    It's both good and annoying (for a few games) at the same time. I love how you now can talk to more then one friend at a time. And they can all be playing different games (in fact it's happened quite a few times for me).
    But at the same time, some of the games I play it kind of messes up a few things. But over all it's a nice add on.

I like the new dashboard. I didn't have a prob with the blades, but I think this is over all better then the old system. It's cleaner and personally better. I wish they uped the limit on friends (yes... I do max that thing out... I've got to clean it out like every week), and uped the limit you can send on voice messages (15 seconds is just annoying). But over all I like the new add on.

And as for my pic...

My hair style isn't right, and I wanted a red polo shirt (not a blue one). But over all I think it's close enough (even more so because my hair is longer now). XD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I love the NXE. It's so much cleaner and more efficient than the blades were. I love being able to see the parties and stuff on the friends list, and Avatars are so much better than Miis.

And my avatar...doesn't quite look like me, but it's close. Wish there were more options for clothes - the Xbox logo t-shirt isn't really what I had in mind. XD

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024

I've been experiencing freezing every now and again. :<

But at least the marketplace is working properly for me now.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I heard that might've just been a translation error and that it's just referring to the individual backdrops that appear behind your friends; I can't tell myself from reading the original Japanese page. :\

At any rate, the actual Ninja Blade theme looks really good. I might drop points on it if no themes come out for my favourite games soon. o_O
    Read the original article, and yeah... no avatar parts, unless they're referring to the special background for your Friends section as "avatar parts".

Me.
    I need to cut my hair (in RL), though I'm impressed they have glasses similar to mine.
    In the future, I wish to change my avatar to a killer gothloli wielding a knife if that ever becomes possible.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Is a (large) hard drive required for anything besides copying games from their discs? If I were to buy the Arcade configuration what would I be missing out on? Either as part of the NXE or the 360 in general.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Is a (large) hard drive required for anything besides copying games from their discs? If I were to buy the Arcade configuration what would I be missing out on? Either as part of the NXE or the 360 in general.
    A hard drive is pretty much required for downloading demos, extra content, etc. I'm finding it constraining to only have a 20GB hard drive. It'll mean I'm probably only going to get one game install at a time because those are between 4 and 6 GB, typically. So those, coupled with all the demos or XBLA games I have, mean it's really annoying to make room for new stuff. (My brother d/ling stuff all over the place doesn't help either.)

With the arcade, pretty much all you'd be able to do is save game files. And even then I think you'd need a memory card? It's not really worth it, imo, and you'd probably just be dishing out for an upgrade anyway.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    A hard drive is pretty much required for downloading demos, extra content, etc. I'm finding it constraining to only have a 20GB hard drive. It'll mean I'm probably only going to get one game install at a time because those are between 4 and 6 GB, typically. So those, coupled with all the demos or XBLA games I have, mean it's really annoying to make room for new stuff. (My brother d/ling stuff all over the place doesn't help either.)

With the arcade, pretty much all you'd be able to do is save game files. And even then I think you'd need a memory card? It's not really worth it, imo, and you'd probably just be dishing out for an upgrade anyway.
    Anything I would have to pay extra for, I wouldn't be doing (extra content, XBL, etc). Demos probably. I don't see a point in installing the games. But I would buy some XBLA games. It doesn't take any external storage?

I was asking because, if I'm able to find a 360 during Boxing Week for $150 or less then I would seriously consider getting one. But the arcade is the only one where it could possibly be likely. XD

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    If you don't copy all of your games to your X360 you'll never need a harddrive besides the one it comes with.

Back