• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nickname Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammi567

This thread is about discussing the various nicknames you may/may not give to your Pokemon.

It can also be used to suggest nicknames to other people, if wanted.

I need help with nicknames for my Gastly, Fearow and Lapras, as I'm totally blank on these.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i'm probably the only one who doesn't nickname my pokemon.

i can never think of anything good to name them. also, i'm too scared to. :\

jammi567

I have to admit, I've never bothered to name my Pokemon until I started playing HeartGold, which is proberly why I'm having so much difficulty naming them.

Bob2424

Bob is a pokeman trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    I love nicknaming my pokemon:)lolz i named my meganium pokeman lolz.put it on ur pokemon and relize that it is the best nickname ever:)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only time I ever really nickname my pokemon is when I'm doing a challenge run of some sort...even then, I just anagram their Japanese name. XD

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I name my pokemon backwards names sometimes or I name them real people. In HG i named them after my PC friends 'n' such.

Sometimes I name them them after notable traits that have i.e. I named a Weavile 'Cardboard' because of this flimsy defenses.

Years
  • I usually just name my Pokemon with a slight variation of their species name (eg: Mirowix -> Marowak, Jetik -> Togetic, Pijiot -> Pidgeot), an anagram (eg: Talias -> Latias,
    Grekyo -> Kyogre, Zaquaray -> Rayquaza), or something with personal meaning. I do have quite a few that don't follow these guidelines, but that's just because I can think of something more interesting for them (like my Articune, Zapdeux and Moltrois).
    I'm not quite sure what style of nicknames you like to give your Pokemon, so I don't really want to suggest anything if it doesn't fit with the others that you've got.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I don't usually name my pokemon unless I'm doing a challenge or run through (Like with the magikarp I named "Grandaddy") But for HG I've planned out my fire-type team and also picked their nicknames.
    Typhlosion: Blaize
    Flareon: Pyro
    Ho-oh: Cinder
    Houndoom: Alpha
    Arcanine: Blot
    Camerapt: Bakuuda

DeluxeSilver

Sora x Roxas= Epic Gay
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    i'm probably the only one who doesn't nickname my pokemon.

i can never think of anything good to name them. also, i'm too scared to. :\
    Your not the only one, I don't, takes tome much time to come up with one.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I usually take my time with Pokemon nicknames, but I've been really flimsy with SS nicknames. My Totodile was called Toty, Pidgy - Pidge, Mareep - Starrie (from 'Static', his ability). The odd one out is a GTS Vulpix called Jaimie, but I'm not holding onto her, so yeah. :)

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I love nicknaming my Poke'mon! =D Everytime I catch one, I try to think up of what to call it, if I can't think up of anything, I just type in random letters, and if doesn't look good, I just delete a few letters and there you have it. =P I sometimes name them after real people though. =)

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I try and name my Pokemon based on tons of weird things. Here's my main team, although all my Pokemon eventually get named regardless of how much I use it:

Scizor: Balafer
    -"Balafre" is French for "scar".

Snorlax: Chomps
    -Need I say why?

Weezing: Morticus
    -"Mort" is Latin for "death", was gonna go with Morty, but I think we all know why that didn't happen...

Jolteon: Victor
    -Based on "victory", and it happens to be a real name!

Kingdra: Mystery
    -For all those SpongeBob fans out there ;)

Machamp: Hero
    -Not entirely sure why I went with that. Maybe because it reminds me of Hercules?

Anyways, there are tons of things you can do to name your Pokemon, and your nicknames might not be the best (I know mine aren't great -_-), but the names are what make them a bit more personal, right?

Nichola

Secretly Psychic
    Years
  • I don't catch a pokemon unless I can think of a nickname.
    I lost a bet with my boyfriend, so my male Totodile is called Eclipse. My male HootHoot is called Midnight and my male Mareep(Now Flaffy) is called Fizz. I usually think of something random or base my name around a move. Such as Fizz, thundershock reminds me of fizzing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I usually give them standard American names.

Current Soul Silver lineup is Victor (Quilava), Ashley (Golem), Sherry (Pidgeotto), Lisa (Persian), and Howard (Ampharos)

Usually named after people I know, or names that sound cool Would've named a Pokemon "Lance" but that name was already taken

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back