• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nintendo DS Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's from the 3DS, but I got a big (two of them actually, but I lost one of them last Jan :( ) stylus with it that I've only started using two years later and found it extremely comfortable even for my small hands. I now can't play any DS (or 3DS) games without it, and I even found games like Rhythm Heaven easier with it! Oh, and it's extendable!

Here's a pic of it. Obviously, it's the bulky one.
    413PKxH7llL.jpg

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think the DS is still my favourite console of all time. There were just so, so many good games for it. My top five are probably (in no real order because I could never choose):

- The World Ends With You
    - Elite Beat Agents
    - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    - Tetris DS
    - Professor Layton series / Ace Attorney series / Pokemon series

Yeah okay I had to cheat with my 5th option. There are just too many great games. Wanted to throw Chrono Trigger in there but decided to give precedence to games that weren't total ports. :x

I've never really picked up any accessories for my DSes. I have some alternate styluses that I got as preorder bonuses or from Club Nintendo but I don't think I've really bought any real accessory packs or anything. I do have a few cases for my DS games though. I've got a light pink one that holds 16 cartridges and a deep pink one that only holds 4.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I've heard a lot about Ghost trick, but, is it really that good to play?

Well, in any case, I've only gotten the starter kits, as well as the DS carrying case (to answer my own question).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • You enjoyed the Ace Attorney games so I know for sure you'd enjoy Ghost Trick. I played it again the other week and I just loved it to pieces all over again. It's a really clever game and the writing is exactly what you'd expect of the lead developer of AA. If you get the chance, you owe it to yourself to check it out. :D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • From the developer of AA? :O

Well, the characters do look pretty cool, so I'll definitely try it out. :3 Most likely when my laptop's charger is replaced, but yeah. Does it play the same as AA? Or, are there different elements?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    For what it's worth, I personally liked Ghost Trick better than most Ace Attorney games. I can't quite say I liked it better than AA1 or AAI, but it's definitely up there. It's really short though, I beat it in one sitting. (which is something I very rarely do.) I'm talking 6 hours short.

And everyone should see the panic dance.

EDIT: Also, Lynne is Maya DONE RIGHT. I hated Maya, but Lynne is one of my favorites from that game. Which is saying something, because I actually think Ghost Trick has far better characters. Cabanela is a beast.

EDIT2: Spoiler alert: The main character dies.

Back