• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Now Generation

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
  • picture.php
    picture.php

Well hello to all reading this, you have found the official thread of the hacking team The Now Generation. My name is Novus and I'm creator and leader of this team.
    The Now Generation was created so as harness the skills of the current generation of Pokemon Rom Hackers and combine said skills to produce quality hacks for everyone to enjoy.​

Now when it comes to which Rom to hack, I usually prefer using either FireRed or LeafGreen but that's only personal opinion and when it comes to choosing which rom to hack, it will depend on what's needed.​

So if you wish to become a member of The Now Generation and be a part of developing Pokemon Hacks that are something special, then please fill in an application form with the appropiate details and I'll get back to you when I can.​

picture.php

Prefered Name:
    Username:
    Position(s) Applying for:
    Reason for applying to above position(s):
    Proof Of Work (At least three for each position):
    Contact Information (Can pm if you wish):​

picture.php

Novus
    NoMad
    Todoroki Heh Heh Heh/Todo
    AJLE/AJ
    07harris/Haz
    Samike360
    Taz Maverick/Taz​

Story Developer: Novus, NoMad,
    Graphics Artist (2): Novus,
    Music Inserter (1):
    Sprite Creator (2):
    OWs Creator (2): Novus,
    Tile Creator: Novus,
    Tile Inserter: Novus,
    Mapper: Novus,
    Scripter: Novus, Todo, Taz
    Advanced Scripter (2): Samike360,
    Beta Tester (2): AJ, Haz,
    Banner Maker (2): Haz​

Key: () = Number Of Open Positions Available​

picture.php

None yet​

picture.php

The Pokemon Chronicles:​

"As of yet un-named"​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Prefered Name: Todo
    Username: Todoroki Heh Heh HEh
    Position Applying for: Mapper ansd light scripter
    Reason for applying to above position(s): Well, I love helping hacks out, even though im working on my own hack i still want to help ppl improve thier hacks and join there teams
    Proof Of Work: Well, here it is for mapping
    Spoiler:

Contact Information: MSN: [email protected]( ALso INSTANT MESSANGER) and pm and vm

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok Todoroki, I like what I see but maybe I should've specified more clearly in the first post, after each position there is the number of open poisitions in brackets. Now with the Mapper, there aren't any open positions as I feel to keep the map styles consistent and the same, it's best to have just one mapper and that position has been filled by myself.
    However I'll be glad to take you on as a light scripter and will pm you when we start work on the hack.
    Glad to have you on board, welcome to The Now Generation.

EDIT: I will make a custom userbar/banner for each member when they join for display in said member's sig. Each userbar/banner will have a unique design and be for the sole use of the member only.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok Todoroki, I like what I see but maybe I should've specified more clearly in the first post, after each position there is the number of open poisitions in brackets. Now with the Mapper, there aren't any open positions as I feel to keep the map styles consistent and the same, it's best to have just one mapper and that position has been filled by myself.
    However I'll be glad to take you on as a light scripter and will pm you when we start work on the hack.
    Glad to have you on board, welcome to The Now Generation.

OK its alright i should red more carefully. IM glad to be of some help. It also puts a load of of me cause i only have to mapfor me!! XD, I cant wait to start. You seem intelligent and I respect that. At least were not ediots!!! XD xd

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Hahaha, thanks for the respect mate, I'll work up a small banner for ya sig to show your in the team if that's alright with you. Each banner is unique with it's own design for each member depending on what position they are.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Name: AJ
    Skills: Looking For Bugs, Speech Errors, Glitches Etc. (Beta Testing)
    Proof: Tell me how I can and I will
    Past work: Team New Era, Pokemon Dimesions Legends, Pokemon Evolution: Evil Unleashed, and my own personal games
    How can i contact you: PM, This topic, AIM is Jakerslewis, E-mail is [email protected]
    Do you plan to work hard?: I have all the time in the world all day everyday and I'm dedicated.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, AJLE, you're in a beta tester but just your whole post makes me think you didn't even read the first post.
    When I wrote it I left out a few things and changed a few things from the usual team thread so as to find those who couldn't be bothered to take the 5 minutes it takes to read it.
    Hahahahaha, looks like my trap, caught someone haha.
    Just to say your application form is completely different to what I put in the first post and no positions for beta testers were advertised haha.
    But anyway, you're in as a beta tester, but next time make sure you read the posts before saying anything hahahaha.

EDIT: Ok, just a quick update, we'll start work on the hack just as soon as we get my tiles inserted. I've already got all the palettes sorted, now just need some colour switches to the new palettes and insertion. Any help would be appreciated and will gain a character ingame with chosen Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, AJLE, you're in a beta tester but just your whole post makes me think you didn't even read the first post.
    When I wrote it I left out a few things and changed a few things from the usual team thread so as to find those who couldn't be bothered to take the 5 minutes it takes to read it.
    Just to say your application form is completely different to what I put in the first post and no positions for beta testers were advertised haha.
    But anyway, you're in as a beta tester, but next time make sure you read the posts before saying anything hahahaha.

EDIT: Ok, just a quick update, we'll start work on the hack just as soon as we get my tiles inserted. I've already got all the palettes sorted, now just need some colour switches to the new palettes and insertion. Any help would be appreciated and will gain a character ingame with chosen Pokemon.
    Cool. Cant wait... Its awsome you can creat tiles.... I wonder how they will loook. Could you make me some? XD jk. BUt yuo can anyways!! MUHAHAHA!! XD

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Prefered Name:Haz

Username:07harris

Position(s) Applying for:Beta Tester and Banner Maker

Reason for applying to above position(s):I am brilliant at spotting glitches, i am good at making banners, i also like helping people make hacks.

Proof Of Work (At least three for each position):Beta Tester- I dont know how to prove it. Banner Maker- Banner Design for Now generation , i havent got any more proof sorry.

Contact Information (Can pm if you wish): Either pm or email - [email protected]

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, first of all, thanks AJ, yeah I create my own tiles and am currently working on inserting them which is taking longer than I thought it would.

Now, Haz, I'm happy to except you as a beta tester but judging from that banner, I don't think you're quite what I'm looking for as a banner maker. If you really want the position, I suggest taking your time and coming up with something that you think will impress me because I just think that banner you made is ok, but not something I'd have in my sig.
    So, anyway, Haz, welcome to The Now Generation.

EDIT: Ok, quick notice, I'm going on holiday from tomorrow and won't be back till Friday so if I don't reply between now and then, it's not because I'm ignoring you, it just means I haven't had access to a computer. But please still apply for any position you want and I'll get back to you when I get back.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Ok, AJLE, you're in a beta tester but just your whole post makes me think you didn't even read the first post.

I used an application that I made because its more detailed, and i did read the whole thing and saw that you didn't have a beta tester.

Every hack needs a beta tester, not someone thats like " I'll be beta tester so I can be in the hack and get fame and just play the game."

A good beta tester can save you from many things, but a bad beta tester can be the biggest waste of time ever.

I am a good beta tester ;)

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Hey AJ, don't worry mate, I wasn't attacking you or anything, just pointing out that I thought you hadn't read the first post.
    Now, the reason I have a different (and in your opinion less detailed) application form is because I'm looking for different traits in a potential team member. Like I don't care if said potential member has previous experience as long as they can do the job required which is why I ask for proof of work instead.
    Also, it's not that I didn't want beta testers, it was just a little test, which I have to say, gave me a laugh so I thank you haha.
    Anyway, glad to have that sorted and I'm sure you'll be a good beta tester and glad to have you on my team.

LW

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, just to let people know, I'm back from my holiday and am currently occupied with making numerous tiles for the game. It'll take a while though because I'm making nearly all the tiles that'll be needed for the game. I finished the hero/heroine starter house this morning and will insert in sometime today and just a note, I've already got inserted all the trees, grass and stuff and now making buildings.
    While on holiday, I wrote up about 30 pages of backstories, history and ingame events which will be hopefully put together sometime to beef up my story I've already got.
    The main thing I need help with at the moment is tile inserting, so if anyone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated and good work comes with it's rewards which will be negotiable, like a character ingame, a legend or myth, or something similar, the more help given, the bigger said part in game will be.

Years
  • Prefered Name:Silver
    Username:QuickWhiteSilver
    Position(s) Applying for:everything but scripting
    Reason for applying to above position(s):i am bored and have nothing to do
    Proof Of Work (At least three for each position):look at my hack
    Contact Information (Can pm if you wish):msn and aim and pm and vm

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Well it seems I have very little work now a days, so I'll join.

Username: Samike360
    Position(s) Applying for: (Advanced) Scripter
    Reason for applying to above position(s):No jobs, hacks look interesting
    Proof Of Work (At least three for each position):

Here's one script:

Spoiler:

Here's a big script (movecamera + applymovements +battle):

Spoiler:

Here is short givepokemon/level script:

Spoiler:

Contact Information (Can pm if you wish): Pokecommunity preferably

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, Silver, I'll decide when I see your hack but can you provide a link please.

Now, Samike360, I really like what I see with your advanced scripting and would be happy to accept you onto the team as a an Advanced Scripter.
    Welcome to The Now Geneartion.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, just a quick update to show that I'm actually doing something haha, the thing that's taking me so long with the tile inserting is the trees, as I currently have a 2 large trees and the honey tree, I know it doesn't sound like much but each of the larger trees (one from DP and one from Pl) each have three different versions, a grass base, a dirt base and a snow version. Also the honey tree has a total of 5 versions, normal HT with grass base and with dirt base. There is also a green version with grass base and dirt base and finally there's a snow version.
    I've created most of the houses for the starting town but have yet to insert them which I'll be doing today.
    Just to let people know, the hack is actually progressing and I'll have some proof up soon.

LW

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, first of all, just wondering, why the choice of Red Gyarados for the Now Generation banner? I'm just curious.

Back