• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
Years
  • Another Mistake: That third Numel is from Jagged Path, not fiery path.

Ok I beat Norman fairly easily with mach punch, counter (wish I could have seen his face after that lol), and double kick.

After recieving surf, I went on a mon catching frenzy. I got:

Bob the Marill from Petalburg
    Ron the Wingull from south of Petalburg
    Jult the Voltorb from New Mauville
    The Man the Electrike from east of Mauville

After some training, Torch, The Man, and Ron all Evolved. Now I am heading towards Fortree town.

The Fallen:

Dempsy the Aron
    Mr. Camel the Numel

Update 2:

Training on my way to Fortree, then destroying Team Magma. Couldn't take Castform, I screwed up catching an oddish. Mass grinded The Man and taught Ron Ice Beam. Winona was a complete joke. Ice beam for Altaria and OHKO thunderbolt for everything else. A little south from Fortree, one Milotic was wreaking havoc on my team. Mushi was dying faster than he was killing, so a switch to The Man seemed in order. Which would've been fine, had water pulse not been a critical. Ugh rest in peace The Man.

Further south, I was getting more bad luck slammed onto me. Linoones Linoones everywhere. And not a single catch either. However, I did manage to obtain a Duskull at Mt. Pyre. The grunts up there were ok. The Magma Base was easy also. I decided to challenge the Mossdeep gym. Only one fatality though, Ziggy 2. Thanks for the rare candies gal. Had to use her to divert Phsycic attack.

The Fallen:

Dempsy, the Aron
    Mr. Camel, the Numel
    The Man, the Manectric
    Ziggy 2, the Zigzagoon

Update 3:

After defeating the Mossdeep gym I went around the random water areas till I found a 'Cool. Underground, Maxie was defeated, and Groudon scared off. Groudon fell to a critical surf, lol. Mushi took care of all the trainers in the Sootopolis gym, and all of Wallace's pokemons except for Milotic, which was taken care of by Ron.

Before tackling Victory Road, some massive training needed to occur. Each of my main team members was grinded to about level 50 via the interviewers. After that, Victory Road was incredibly easy. Wally was easy, but a critical physcic almost took down Ron, I must have been sweating bullets.

So for next time, I'm gunna try to get everyone to level 55 for the Elite Four and Steven. What scares me the most is Glacia. None of my team can withstand a powerfull ice attack.

The Fallen:

Dempsy, the Aron
    Mr. Camel, the Numel
    The Man, the Manectric
    Ziggy 2, the Zigzagoon

Final Update:

After some major grinding, I finally challenged the E4. BIG MISTAKE. Sydney and Phoebe went smoothly, but Glacia wiped the floor with my team. I figured that Torch could OHKO Walrein with 2 Xspecials but nope. Lost him and Ron in that battle, but Mushi took the rest out. Drake was going nicely, untill a critical flamethrow wrecked Mushi and that was that.

I'm gunna try either Fire Red or Silver next.

Yup Silver's got it coming.
    Rules:
    1: pokemon faints blah blah blah
    2: First pokemon blah blah blah
    3: I can only be in possesion of 6 pokemon, so no boxing things. I can release things before attempting a catch. For this reason I will probably be using some form of a dupe clause.

Update:

Named self Gold
    Got Gatr the Totodile
    No pokemon for the first two routes.
    Battled Silver.
    Got balls.
    Got Rocky the Geodude.
    Got Shiny the Shiny Pidgey (first ever shiny!).
    Failed Ghastly catch cuz I used my balls before remembering Shiny has gust.
    Beat Sprout tower.
    Beat gym.
    Game Crashed.
    Beat Sprout tower.
    Beat gym.
    Egg Get.
    Beat cave.
    Hoppy the Hoppip get.
    Beat Rockets.
    Beat Bugsy.
    Released Hoppy and Togepi.
    Beat Silver
    Got through Forest.
    Hypnotic the Drowzee get.
    Queen the Nidoran(f) get.
    Grinding
    Thats all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • And suddenly...updates!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Well, after a long absence of challenges in my life, I decided to pick up my XL and get nuzlocking. My last save had left me in Azalea Town, the Rockets and my rival, dealt with, I did, however, had to go up against Bugsy and his fearsome Scyther. Juliet, my faithful Hoothoot decided to go for some late-night grinding, in preparation for the jaws of death.In doing so, she managed to evolve into a wise and powerful Noctowl. Juliet proceeded to wall all of Bugsy's Pokemon and earn me a hive badge. Following, that my two eggs hatched and Fen the Togepi, as well as Vulcan the Bagon joined the team. I progressed through the game, putting the newlyhatched ones in daycare, and grinding Juliet and Tracey. I decided to stop by the game corner, or what used to be the game corner and decided to play some voltorb flip. I took the game quite seriously, not as I had played prior to today, and ended up making it to Round 7 easily, before retiring to purchase and Ekans, which I named "Wiggyboom". Wiggyboom was quite the valiant partner, growing in level, kicking ass, and taking names. Wiggyboom, did, however, run into a fearsome Magmar, with the same level as its own. Alas, Wiggy could not survive a critical hit ember attack and ended up dying a painful death. The team pushed on, motivated by their memory of a lost friend. Tracey exhibited a valiant effort in making short work of Whitney and her unholy cow. And thus, the team continued their journey.

The Team:

Spoiler:

The Boxed

Spoiler:

The Deceased

Spoiler:

Last edited:

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Yeah, so, umm, update.

First of all I renamed the majority of my team. For a recap, here's everyone:

Gatr-Crocanaw
    Romeo-(Shiny) Pidgeotto
    Juliet-Nidorina
    Willow-Drowzee
    Sandman-Geodude

Grinded lots of levels. Beat Whitney. Went to Eucatreak then back to Goldenrod for an Eevee. Named Nick. Grinded large quantities levels again.

Yup I got plans for Nick. Umbreon.

Edit: Lost to Morty. Now I feel stupid.

Maybe Fire red

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I've played a load of my FireRed Challenge (praise be to the 200% speed mode) and I've got 6 badges. My team is thus:

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Sensei, Lv.25
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Comet, Lv.40
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Spike, Lv.40
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Seer, Lv.40
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Neptune, Lv.40
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Gael, Lv.41

The ones I've lost:

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Titania, died in Mt. Moon (critted)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Bullseye, died on Nugget Bridge (critted)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Buzz, died outside Rock Tunnel (Rock Throw OHKO)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Hermes, died against Gary in Silph Co. (critted Water Gun, of all things)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Zorro, died in Fighting Dojo (critted)

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I will be starting a nuzlocke (first ever o.o ) run on Emerald. I will hopefully have my first update tomorrow. Will be using all rules including the optional ones. [:

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Miserable fail on Black.

Spoiler:

BoboTheHobo

spare some pokedollars?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    Dunno whether it's worth mentioning, but I've made it through Blue and Gold on nuzlocke before. I don't remember the Gold run very well, but the Red run was memorable because I grinded a Tentacruel to level 75 over a period of 5 hours before fighting the Elite Four, and it died due to a critical hit from Blue's Ninetails at the last battle. It survived a monstrous 3 Hyper Beams from Lance's Gyarados (turns out that Tentacruel learns next-to-nothing to hit Gyarados with), and championed its way through all the dragons with Ice Beam. This challenge was especially memorable because I used no healing/status items at all during the run.

I'm going to start a SoulSilver Nuzlocke next weekend, and I'm hoping to get a Noctowl and some other mons I've never used. The first post made me curious to start a Coloseum/XD run; has anyone ever done one of those before? How would it work, as far as catching goes?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I've been meaning to update, but it kept slipping my mind. I haven't done a comic yet, but I plan to. (More for myself than anything, really, as I don't have a scanner... I might post one here and there, though.) Haven't gotten that far, but posting an update anyway.

Spoiler:

I've been doing the comic by hand because I fail at computer art. I like this particular one of when I lost Wizzy, so I'm posting it. (hopefully I'll have another to post with my next update)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2013
    I would love to try this... I'll most likely play blue or crystal.....I'll update once I get started

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Great news! I have decided to commence this challenge! On Black.

I will be using the 2 standard Nuzlocke rules. (faint=death, first time encounter per area pokemon only.) But I will also add these rules: No HM slaves, Battle style set, Nickname all pokemon, and I will remove the blackout=Game Over rule, because you can always try again with different pokemon. However, everybody in the blackout party will still DIE.

Also, this will be entirely in comic form! Rejoice!

Without further ado, here's the first comic:
    Spoiler:

(Kudos to whoever gets the Tepig's reference.)

Just beat the first gym. Doing well so far.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back