• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I'm entering in LeafGreen with these rules:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
    Years
  • I just beat my run, and here's my winin' team:
    -Mizi, Samurott, Lv 66
    -Vyra, Scrafty, Lv 68
    -Jhonny, Simisear, Lv 69
    -Solina, Volcorona, Lv 70
    -Patrick, Audino, Lv 68
    -Vencent, Reshiram, Lv 52

Dead, but not forgotten:
    -Vlizen, Zebastrika, Lv 12-42, died in twist mountain
    -Grace, Unfeazant, Lv 13-49, died at the E4
    -Suave, Swadloon, Lv 18-24, died at Rt. 14
    -Gothina, Goth (whatever the second stage is called), Lv 23-24 (we hardly knew thee)

-Lilly, the Lillypup, Lv 4-10 (my first catch)

I had a few in day care, alot in boxes, but I can't think of em at the moment.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Pokémon LeafGreen:
    Nuzlocke Challenge

Chapter 1: It's Nuzlocke Time!

So, I started the game and super-speeded through the intro. Named myself RED and my rival BURGER. I played my NES which has Super Mario World and lost one life. Wait, what? Anyway, I went to the outskirts of Pallet Town and I found The Ninja Oak. You see, all professors are ninjas. I followed his conga line to the lab and it so happened that my impatient rival named BURGER was there. I picked Squirtle, and I will never regret it. Then, I nicknamed Squirtle KYON. Yes, if you watch Haruhi then Kyon will be a familiar face. And Burger recieved a Bulbasaur. I hope he's in nuzlocke too. Next, I battled Burger. He was very easy. I ventured through Route 1 and arrived at Viridian City. I did all the delivery boy stuff. What am I? A mailman? Got a Town Map from Daisy. *yawn*. When will the fun start? So I got five Pokéballs and I'm off to ROUTE 22 for a Pokémon....

The Team so far:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Squirtle // Kyon
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Moves:
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Bubble

Deceased:
    Boxed/Day Cared:

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • Whoooooooaaaaaa! it's been a while since i've been on here O.o anyways you guys this was supposed to be an update on thegame i was playing but frankly DeSumme was extremely slow and i lost my notes -______- long story short as from what my game was saved as was Hothead (Charizard for those of you who don't know) was at level 93 with earthquake fly flamethrower and slash. it was a long story line from what i remember and i don't think my storyline would have fit too well xD.. but my story will continue with pokemon white when i can get it :D Adios Amigos

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
  • Leave Greeb Journal #2

So, Winged Rat survived his Training, and I picked up a new addition to the team on Route 22: a Mild, Female, Level 4 Rattata I named Top Percent. Because she's totally in the top percentage of Rattatas. Anyway I grinded her and went back to Route 22 to challenge Arse. Top Percent beat Pidgey with a few Quick Attacks but took some hits. Winged Rat got Criticaled by Squirtle, but survived for me to use a Potion... and this happened twice. My DS took some verbal abuse each time it happened, because I thought I was going to lose my Pidgey, but he pulled through both tims. Not to mention that he levelled up in the process and learned Gust! You go, Winged Rat! It was a scary close battle, but there were no casualties... this time. I stocked up on Antidotes and it was off to Viridian Forest! Only one Potion... can I do this? ... before I found out, I was attacked by yet another senile old man. I DO NOT WANT YOUR ADVICE OR YOUR STUPID WEEDLE I KNOW HOW TO CATCH POKEMON THANK YOU. I didn't catch anything on Route 2 because I don't want duplicates and my Pokemon there was another Pidgey, but in Viridian Forest I caught a Lonely Level 5 Caterpie and named her Flutterby. I'm currently in the process of grinding her, and she's a Metapod at the moment.

I finished levelling everyone to Level 9, helped SO much by Flutterby's Shed Skin getting rid of her poison problems (freaking Weedle). I healed the team up and headed deeper into Viridian Forest to take on some Bug Catchers. But no sooner did I get the first one did Shed Skin fail on me, and I didn't want to use up all my Antidotes so soon. As soon as the Bug Catcher was gone, I gathered my poor, sick Metapod into my arms and ran her as fast as I could to the Pokemon Center back in Viridian.

2 HP.

That's what she had at the counter. She made it, but HOLY CRAP that was close. I may not have the heart to get through all this, folks. But I have to try. Fortunately, none of the other Bug Catchers poisoned anyone, which was a relief. Even better, I got several glorious messages in rapid succession: Flutterby grew to Level 10! Flutterby evolved into Butterfree! Flutterby learned Confusion! Flutterby doesn't suck anymore! There may or may not have been epic party tiemz with all my Pokemon friends when that happened. Anyway, when I got out of the Forest to Route 2, I was denied a catch by my rule of not catching doubles of any Pokemon by a Rattata showing up. BE A SPEAROW >:[ Now I'm in the process of grinding everybody to level 13, and my DS decided to freeze halfway through and knock everyone back to levels 9 and 10. You can imagine my elation.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Alright, not that I don't have other stuff to do, but I'm going to give this a try in Blue.

Rules:
    #1. If a Pokemon faints, it is dead. The Pokemon will be placed into Bill's PC, in the highest number box available and is not able to be removed.
    #2. Only the first Pokemon seen in an Area may be caught in that Area. An area is a town, route, or cave.
    #3. All Pokemon will be nicknamed (based on the name of the character on the TV when I begin to nickname the Pokemon) - the Rival's pokemon will be nicknamed in the same way when first fought.
    #4. Legendaries may not be caught
    #5. Hacking will be allowed to simulate trade evolution only
    #6. Battle Style will be SET
    #7. Comics and/or Images will be attempted for interesting events

So, getting set up-

Fred wakes up and gets sent to Professor Oak's where Sam is waiting. After working through the Professor's faulty memory, Fred picks up a female Squirtle named Carla. Sam responds by choosing a Bulbasaur he names Chris.
    Fred leaves, and Sam starts a fight and Carla beats Chris, although the battle is very close. Got a free sample from the PokeMart and was then attacked by a Pidgey (so no Route 1 pokemon for me :(). Carla takes it out in two hits, allowing them to make it to Viridian City.
    PokeMart tells me they need a delivery made and refuse service until Fred does their job. A Rattata stops Fred and Carla, but she takes it out easily. At least it got Fred to the Lab in time to get a Pokedex, then pick up a map from Sam's sister before returning to the Viridian City Pokemon Center.

Team-
    Spoiler:

Back-up-

Deceased-

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Pokémon LeafGreen Nuzlocke 2: Random Events? I don't think so.

So, I happened to come across a wild Mankey while venturing in Route 22. I successfully caught it and nicknamed it Prime. I regret that I think. Anyway, I healed my Pokémon and went back to Route 1 to grind Prime. Apparently, Prime died in my training. A tragic life indeed. I exceeded to Viridian Forest anyway but apparently some old guy taught me to catch Pokémon even though I already caught Mankey. I was walking to Viridian Forest when I came across a female Caterpie. Caught it and nicknamed it Violet. Healed, then grinded Violet then Violet died. Again. So it's just me and Kyon.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

(W00T! FIRST SCREENIE!)
    Now as I end this quickly, I will save this at Viridian Pokémon Center.

On Hand:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Squirtle // Kyon
    leveltypemoves

Boxed/Daycared:
    Deceased:

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Seren's Nuzlocke - Blue - Update 2: Pewter City Approach

Lamenting his lack of a route 1 pokemon, Fred is told of a patch of grass just west of Viridian City. He decides to head over to get a second pokemon, immediately finding a Rattata named Sylvester.
    They attempt to go further, only to be stopped by Sam. Shepard, Sam's Pidgey, manages to injure Sylvester, but with some quick responses, Carla knocks her out and ends up facing Chris once again. The battle is even more one-sided, with Chris doing little more than just seeding Carla.
    After surviving some training on Route 1, the three head north to the start of Route 2, and manage to find a Pidgey named DESTRUCTOR.
    After spending the night at the Pokemon Center, Fred, Carla, Sylvester, and DESTRUCTOR make their way to Viridian Forest. A trainer named Tommy challenges Fred to a battle, and DESTRUCTOR blows away his bugs. Continuing on, Fred is challenged to another battle, and a Weedle manages to poison DESTRUCTOR. Sylvester takes out Kakuna, but is poisoned by another Weedle. Fortunately, Fred had picked up some Antidotes while in Viridian City and was able to continue on.
    Looking ahead, Fred sees the light coming from the end of Viridian Forest but is stopped by a third trainer with a single Weedle that Carla manages to Bubble to unconsciousness.
    Taking some time to train, Richard manages to defeat eight other Metapods himself before evolving into a Butterfree. Shortly after Richard learns his first offensive ability, the group manages to get themselves into the Pewter City Pokemon Center.

Team-
    Spoiler:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I seriously hate myself for failing to update. My excuse is "too busy", but I finished this about a week ago. Talk about procrastination. Anyway, I guess I'll give a quick run-down based on what I remember...

Spoiler:

Next time, I really got to update more. I might do this challenge again, if I have the time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Seren's Nuzlocke - Blue - Update 3: A Full Squad

Shortly after waking up, Fred takes Richard and Carla to the local gym to face off against Brock. They start the battle, with Richard messing up Brock's Geodude's mind while Carla covers Onix in bubbles and works out how to solidify those bubbles into a blast of water.
    After the Gym, Fred decides to make his way to the base of Mt. Moon, where he catches Lois, a Spearow living in Route 3. They head to the forest to get some fast training, and Lois quickly gets her power level up to the others level.
    An exploratory quest into the mountain found an old Zubat named Cotton, who ended up paralyzed, blinded by sand, and physically weak before he was caught and taken into the Pokemon Center.
    Scaring Zubats out for training, Cotton was surprised by a Paras who got a good hit in, nearly killing the newest member of Fred's team. After an emergency run to the PokeCenter, they continued training, and Cotton found a Zubat whose Leech Life damage was equal to his own Leech Life returns and managed to learn Supersonic from the fight.
    The ability to interfere with his opponent's echolocation was all that was needed for Cotton to take on an enemy of his own level.

Team-
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    Hello Peoples, I'm new to Nuzlockes, and I'll be starting mine now, on Fire Red (Sooooo Cliche :(). I'll keep everyone updated, and I'll post the first part today or tommorow :), watch this space :)
    EDIT: Right, here we go!
    blah blah blah pokemon
    blah blah blah adventure
    blah blah blah senile old man
    And I wake up. I walk out of my house and I see a patch of grass. Hmm... I think to myself, in the 10 years I've lived here I wonder why I've never walked in that slightly longer grass over there, lets go check it out! So without further ado, I make for the grass but who should I meet but the old man from my dream.
    "Hello Theseus," He says, obviously proud to have remembered my name despite the fact I had to remind him of it barely minuites earlier. "Theseus, why not follow me to my lab, I have a surprise for you!" And so I do. Turns out, he had a free pokemon for me (Win!) and my Rival (D:) who is called Minos. So I take the pokemon, a squirtle called Posiden, and I turn around to set off on an adventure. "But Wait!" says Oak, "You must bring me a parcel from Veridian Town." I knew there must have been a catch, so I go to get the parcel, meeting a pidgey on the way who I wan't to catch but I can't because I have no balls, so I simply pick up the parcel and return to Pallet town. When I get there, it seems Oak wan'ts to live his life through me and Minos, so he sets us out on a simple quest to document every living thing in existance (aside humans of course, that would just be tricky) so I say yes, and off I go. But first, I battle Minos's little Bulbasaur with Posiden and trash him, elevating him to level 6. Along the way to Veridian, Posiden grows to Level 7, and just to the left of Veridian I luckily meet a Lv 3 Mankey, who I catch with little effort, christen Odesseus, then grind to Level 7 aswell. Just above Veridian, I meet a Lv 3 Rattata who I catch, but leave as he is since I dislike him, (he can die) but not before calling him Hamlin. Before venturing into Veridian Forest, which holds the tortured spirit of many a nuzlocker, I take a quick nap.

Team:

Posiden (Squirtle) Lv 7
    Odesseus (Mankey) Lv 7
    Hamlin (Rattata) Lv 3

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I started one on Emerald a while ago, but I'm really lazy so I've only got like three badges.
    So instead of just telling you the plot of the game I'll tell you about the Pokemon.

The main team:
    Spoiler:

In the PC:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Im really interested in Nuzlocke. In DP when you first go into Route 201 (without Pokeballs) can you still catch a Pokemon when you get them? And also if you run into a Bidoof on Route 202 but find another on Route 203 do you have to catch it a second time?

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Nuzlocke Challenge - Platinum

-Rules: All of the above discluding healing no healing outside of battle, and I won't change my Battle Style to Set.

- I started my journey and picked a Chimchar, which I will name Vinny. (Route 201 - Gift)
    - I battled and beat Barry and went to Lake Verity but sadly I didn't have Pokeballs.
    - I went to Sandgem Town and named my Chimchar, who was my Route 1 Pokemon, Vinny.
    - I go back to Twinleaf Town and then head over to Route 202 and catch a Bidoof and name it Bieber. (Route 202 - Wild Capture)
    - Vinny barely makes it out of a battle against Youngster Tristan. I then train both Vinny and Bieber. I eventually make my way out of Route 202 and into Jubilife City.
    - I meet Barry at the school and challenge the two students. Bieber sweeps them. (I'm telling the truth.)
    - I ignore Route 218 as I'm not "wasting" the route on Magikarp. I go to Route 204 and catch a Starly which I name Sora. (Route 204- Wild Capture)
    - We then battle Barry on Route 203. I hate the move Growl. Thankfully no one died and Bieber slayed Barry's Piplup. After multiple Bidoof, I find a Zubat and name it Danny. (Route 203 - Wild Capture.)

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Party:
    Vinny the Lv.10 Chimchar
    Bieber the Lv.9 Bidoof
    Sora the Lv.4 Starly
    Danny the Lv.4 Zubat

Box:
    None

Deceased:
    None

Areas Covered:
    Route 201 (Vinny)
    Route 202 (Bieber)
    Route 204 (Sora)
    Route 203 (Danny)

Last edited:

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Journal #1 Of Wifi Battlers Nuzlocke Crystal Challenge! Enjoy
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Seren's Nuzlocke - Blue - Update 4: Arrival at Cerulean

Fred begins the trek through Mt. Moon, Lois picking off the Zubats as they attack and Cotton tearing through the Geodude and plant Trainers. Lois and DESTRUCTOR teamed up against Team Rocket. DESTRUCTOR took out the Nerd's Grimer and Voltorb, leaving Koffing to Carla who is poisoned before Koffing's drowned out. Fortunately, Fred's prepared with a decent number of Antidotes, and Carla takes no poison damage.
    Fred picks up the Dome Fossil and makes his way out of Mount Moon. As the team steps out into the light, Carla manages to evolve into a Wartortle.
    Heading into town, Fred meets a Spearow named Erwin who agrees to come with the team and is sent to Professor Oak's.

Team-
    Spoiler:

Back-up-
    Spoiler:

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Journal # 2. Sorry, i took one photo at the beginning and forgot to take more photos until 3/4ths of the way through!
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Current Badges:
    Spoiler:

Dead: None! (Am I lucky or is it common not to have any dead yet?)

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Gonna take a shot at my first Nuzlocke Challenge (first official one, at least).

I posted this on the Nuzlocke forums too, but I decided I might as well post it here too.

Anyways, welcome to Matt's Cynical Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke!

Rules:

• 1) If it faints, it dies.
    • 2) Only catch the first Pokemon on each route/area.
      -This rule is nullified if a shiny Pokemon is found.
    • 3) No duplicate Pokemon may be caught.
      -If the first Pokemon in an area is a duplicate, you have two more chances to find a different one. Otherwise, the area is closed.
      -If a Pokemon dies and another of the same species/evolution line is found later on, the duplicate rule still applies.
    • 4) No repels!
    • 5) No buying items.
      -Before the E4, buying items will be allowed, however.
      -The purchase of PokeBalls is limited to 3 per shop.
    • 6) Nickname every Pokemon caught.
    • 7) Legendary Pokemon cannot be captured nor used.

I WOULD do a comic, but there's one tiny little minor insignificant detail stopping me. I have absolutely no artistic talent what-so-ever! :V So! Screenshots it is then!

Also, implied cursing runs rampant here; ye be warned.

Spoiler:

End of update for now, next time, teammates! WOO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back