• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Well, while I wait to register for the Bingo Chall, I decided to start a Nuzlocke Ultimate going through all five regions that I have available.
    Here my registration.

Username: MorgSummers
    Game(s): HeartGold, first. After: Leafgreen, Emerald, Platinum and White.
    Optional rules, if any:
    - No dupes.
    - Starter Pokémon must be randomly chosen.
    - A black out is considered as game over.
    - You have to play with SET battle style.
    - You can only use same number of Pokémon as Gym Leader.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    As I already started, here is my travel diary.

THE BEGGINING

- To begin with, I dowsed my starter, with 2 as the trainer card number, I started with Chicorita, which is horrible for Johto and for me as I usually choose fire or water starters... Bye my sweet Cyndaquil. 😭
    I named him Nium, because I'm terrible and I hate the clause about naming pokemons haha

- I got a Hoothoot named Townie on route 29, which is good because I have to account for the possible impossibility of getting a Mareep before the gym. And just for fun I decided to take a geodude on route 46... oooops, the nuzlocke gods are not in my favor and I ended up with a Ratatta named Mickey... okay... carry on with the game.
    - I gained level and caught pokemon.
    Spinarak named Ariadne in route 30 (I will never use that)
    Bellsprout named Vic on route 31
    Zubat named Bruce in Dusk cave: my second attempt at getting a Geodude before Union cave and getting my Sandshrew... damn!
    Finally, I got to Violet and at least tried to catch a Gastly at Bellsprout tower... err... I forgot it was daytime and they only appear at night lol
    Finally, I catch a Wooper in the route 32 that I named Sire... I can work with that.

- I gained a few lvl and decided that I was ready with my Townie and my Sire to face the gym, everything was going well until Sire was ANNIHILATED by Falkner's Pigeotto. It's okay, I didn't even want to cry. Yes, I wanted to, leveling up in Heartgold is one thing and I lost all the work. Okay, at least I got the Badge using Townie's Hypnosis to get around Pidgeotto's healing and win the fight.
    Now, I don't know if this inflicts the challenge, but I decided to use Sire reimagined as an HM Slave, which is properly crated in battles. As soon as I manage to change his name I will name him Slave. (Wow, very creative.)

SECOND BADGE

- There's not much to say, except that no, I didn't get my Sanshrew, as I had imagined. At least Sire's death gave me a Mareep in releasing the route that I named Raito, in honor of Light from Death note... I don't know why the evolution line is cute, and nothing is cute in Light, but that's okay.
    I ended up with a Geodude that I called Dude and decided never to use out of pure hatred, in Union Cove.
    Spearow on route 33, named Fea.
    A and Togepi hatched, but I don't want to use it since I always use it.
    - My team to catch Bugsy was Townie, the Noctowl; Mickey, Ratatta and Nium, Bayleef.
    I know, risky with Bayleef, but Townie's Peck and Mickey's Bite came in handy and I didn't even have to pray much.
    2 Badge successfully achieved.

SECOND AND THIRD BADGE

- Now Witney would be a pain, and I knew it. That's why I decided to grind my pokes very well, since I might not get a Hypno to trade with Machop in the Goldenrod market. I'll tell you what a pain it is to grind in Johto. The pokemons are very underleveled and it takes a decade!
    - I had a paras in Ilex Forest that I named Set and surprise, surprise, I got a Drowzee... that I simply decided not to use because I was too lazy to grind the Machop!
    - I equipped myself with Townie and Mickey lvl 23 and didn't Reflect, Hypnosis, Confusion, Sucker Punch and Hyper Fang do the trick? Whitney's Miltank didn't even know what hit her because she was sleeping too much when Mickey knocked her out with Hyper Fang! Weeee!!!

Third badge successfully achieved and only one pokemon lost.
    Those Fresh waters are a relief, I tell you.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    FOURTH AND FIFTH BADGE

Oh, this will be difficult, I don't even remember exactly what I did, but here we go...
    No, it won't work,
    I really don't remember. hahhahah I'll try to create a list of pokemons in box / dead / in badge battle:

- KING, the Nidoran Male in Route 35 (Weee, I decided to train because a Nidoking would do very well in the game, and maybe Jazmine)
    - BARAKA, the Pinsir in National Park
    - QUEEN, the Nidoran Female in Route 36 (because, because, because I'm so unlucky and I wanted a Growlithe 😭)
    - PRIMAL, the Eevee with Bill (Which I intend to use with Firestone after breeding, because I NEED a fire-type)
    - ALY, the Koffing in 1st Floor Burnt Tower, what made it possible for me:
    - SUNFIRE, the Magmar in 2st Floor Burnt Tower, weee (Now, I'm not a fan of Magmar, and I can't trade in the emulator to get Magmortar, so Flareon is still a possibility after the sixth gym)
    - My team for the fourth gym was a beautiful combination of the four most trained Pokemon I have, MICKEY, RAITO, NIUM and TOWNIE where each one defeated a Pokemon easily:
    File:Spr_4h_020_m.png
    File:Spr_4h_154_m.png
    File:Spr_4h_164.png
    File:Spr_4h_181.png

Since I now had the HM Surf, I went back to the beginning to access some routes and grind some more. This way I had the following pokemons:
    - MEDUSA, the Tentacool in the Route 27
    - MOANA, the Poliwag in the Cherrygrove City (A good mix of types and a pokemon that I like but never get the chance to use, I'm going to grind it from now on)
    - GAARA, a Sandshrew, in the 2nd floor basement for Union Cove, not day of Lapras 😭
    - POCA, the Slowpoke in the Slowpoke Cave
    - MIMOSA, the Miltank in the Route 38 (I'm very luck)
    - HERB, the Farfetch'd in Route 39
    - ARIEL, the Krabby in Route 40
    - I finally went to the fifth badge and my King was doing well, quite trained when... oops. He lost to one of the coaches before Chuck 😭, so much work for NOTHING!
    I don't even know why I used him in that battle, I just wanted to grind a little more... veey well, I would have to grind Gaara anyway, so I went for the central battle.
    - My team against Chuck was my Townie, the Noctowl and Raito, the Ampharos, but I ended up using just Townie.
    File:Spr_4h_164.png
    File:Spr_4h_181.png

The sixth badge would be a pain...

SIXTH BADGE
    It was so, so, so painful. Because despite having the pokemons, they were all at very low levels and basically required a lot of grinding on my part, and with Heartgold being so bad at balancing I basically spent over 3 hours of gameplay just going into the wild areas from the beginning of the routes.
    - It was so tiring that I decided to go to Pokeatlhon at one point because I couldn't stand seeing grass in front of me anymore. 😂
    - I don't know if it constitutes theft, I've never seen anything about it in nuzlocke, but to help myself I decided to put a pokemon in Day care, while I trained the other two, so I put Magmar there while grinding Sandshrew and Poliwag.
    - In the end, as I don't know if it would be cheating, I only used against Jasmine lvl 35, Moana lvl 35 and Nium lvl 37, where I only used the first two in a battle that for the amount of work it took, hours, was very easy.
    File:Spr_4h_028.png
    File:Spr_4h_061.png
    File:Spr_4h_154_m.png

Towards the seventh gym!!

Attachments

• 20.png
      20.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 7
    • 181.png
      181.png
      1,016 bytes · Views: 7
    • 164.png