• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Offical Pokemon Community Pokemon Spriting Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The Offical Pokemon Community Pokemon Spriting Project.

Yes its offical, I've asked Signomi, who then discussed the idea with Ray Z and then told me that I could do it.

Project Subject:
    Pokemon.
    Anything in pokemon, trainer spriters of anime characters, overworlds of anime characters, revamps of pokemon from the old games, revamps of trainers, overworld revamps, custom pokemon (for the more experienced of our community), custom trainers, Overworlds for pokemon, anything you can think of that would help

Style:
    R/S/E
    (If more people would like to do FR/LG style I will change it, so don't rush into overworld making)

List of what you can do:

For less experienced spriters:
    Revamps of Pokemon from the GB/GBC versions.
    Revamps of Trainers from the GB/GBC versions
    Revamps of overworld trainers from the GB/GBC versions
    Revamps of pokemon overworlds.

For more experienced spriters:
    Trainer sprites of Trainers from the Anime/Manga (edits.)
    Overworlds for the trainer sprites. (edits)

For much more confident, and much more experience spriters.
    Custom Pokemon Sprites (proper pokemon mind)
    Custom Trainer Sprites from Anime/Manga
    Custom Trainer overworlds from Anime/Manga
    Custom Pokemon Overworlds

Things that DON'T belong here.
    Fusions.
    Fakemon.
    Recolours.

You can try at any of the catogories on that list, and don't hesitate to give me ideas for some more, but please no fusions, recolours or fakemon ideas.

When you post your sprites in this thread, they don't have to be complete, its good to show people your work when its not complete so they can give you C and C so that you can improve it before the sprite is complete, and bear the advice in mind the next time you sprite in the style.

I've enlisted the help of Aviator Maz, she will be helping me to keep the project organized, and I'm sure our wonderful moderators will keep an eye on the thread.

Now go and sprite!
    One point, just have fun.

Contributors:
    Jake.
    Shinji
    Samson:
    Heavily Edited Thug Trainers:
    Male Thug
    Female Thug
    Aviator Maz:
    Pinball Revamps!
    Dancer Trainers
    Female.
    Pirate Trainers
    Male
    Blaziken626
    Aipom
    Korinku
    Chizzy
    Natu Custom
    Don Patch:
    Tropical Pokemon
    Bellsprout
    Megafuz:
    Scratch Tyrouge
    Custom Tentacool
    Custom Horsea Pixel artCustom Snubbull
    Desgardes
    Ash (Hoenn & Kanto) Richie, Jessie and James
    Ash overworlds
    Ash and Gary Back sprites
    Wes Overworld
    GSC: Red and Rocket Grunt Revamp

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012

Shinji FTW! I might do OWs, but I do allot better in FR/LG style.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • sounds kewl. i guess i could try some complete trainer editing and overworlds. for people like me who are completely clueless of what people are looking for, you can put in a reccomendation system. if a specific idea comes up that from someone that sounds interesting, i'd be more than happy to sprite it. otherwise, i'm not very confident in my scratch trainer spriting... lol my poor fakemonsters =/

Years
  • The Offical Pokemon Community Pokemon Spriting Project.

Shinji FTW! I might do OWs, but I do allot better in FR/LG style.

First sprite!, I still think the hair could be slightly better, although I don't know much about Shinji.

Samson: Could you explain what you mean in more detail, it doesn't make much sense ATM, or its just me

Samson

Years
  • oh the reccomendation system... anybody can reccomend a certain idea to the project. like if someone thought up the idea of a new breed of dragon type trainer sprites, then a spriter for the project could use the idea and sprite it if they wanted to. it'd be easier for me, at least, because i have no idea whether or not someone has already made those kinds of sprites. also, i don't watch the anime nor read the manga so i don't know any of the characters, but i'm more than willing to sprite them if someone asks the project (and if the character is cool enough =P).

i guess you could be the one to do that. if someone needed the project's help for a certain sprite and you approve it, then you could put out an opening to the spriters to sprite that specific idea. sort of like requesting, but you approve of it before anyone does anything. i just don't think people will simultaneously start to sprite things if there is nothing to start off of.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I agree with Samson, I mean I have loads of revamp sprites, well notreally loads but I have them, and I really don't feel like revamping alot for no one to use.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Here are some of my revamps. Got some more coming later
    Many of the sprites, particularly the trainers, don't appear to have enough black outlines, so I think you should go and adjust them a little bit.

And the shading on Jake's Shinji sprite needs a bit of work too, since the lines aren't shaded all that well and there ain't much black on the outlines. You should go back to the original sprite that you worked off (RSE bird trainer) and try and copy the shading there.

Well, I've got some RSE OW's I made a fair while ago, so when I gather them up I'll submit them here.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    First sprite!, I still think the hair could be slightly better, although I don't know much about Shinji.
    I'll trie doing that
    [ray.z said:
    . ]And the shading on Jake's Shinji sprite needs a bit of work too, since the lines aren't shaded all that well and there ain't much black on the outlines. You should go back to the original sprite that you worked off (RSE bird trainer) and try and copy the shading there.
    Well the colors I had 3 colors so I didn't see a point of adding black, and I'll go do that right now, I noticed something was up with it too.
    Done:
    New
    Old

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Many of the sprites, particularly the trainers, don't appear to have enough black outlines, so I think you should go and adjust them a little bit.
    Well there is black to the outline, but I don't like having too much, I'll touch them up a bit to add a little more.

Samson

Years
  • ok well here's my first contribution:

thug trainer... steel enthusiast lol. pokemon needs some more diversity...

Samson

Years
  • heavy edit. i've tried scratch trainer spriting and it's something i know i just can't do.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Samson, that is awesome!!!! I wish I could sprite like that.

Proffesor Rowan and Hikari

Tracy, before you go off criting it, I made it last year when I straight sucked.

Nurse Joy, and the eyes are kind of messed up and I can't fix them. :(
    (And I really would like FR/LG OWs more than R/S/E)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    wa-hey!!!
    its good to see all the activity this has attratcted! and sorry for not being about so much, i was on a long weekend break!
    but dont be fooled! i'm vack and watchin >(
    teehee! ^^
    ill comment on some of the sprites more when ive spokeon to Esupio about whats been goin' on loL!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Lots of press for this thread! Hopefully you'll get your first one from me very soon.

EDIT :

MY Natu, top is my origional style of spriting, and has over 16 different colours. The other two are 16 Bit.

And My Voltorb and Electrode. I had to use The RSE Electrode mouth, sorry. I just couldn't spend all week spriting a mouth. Yet again, in my style.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back