• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Acanthite Trainer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The Official Acanthite Trainer Thread (UPDATED - September 1st)

Well obviously this is the ....

Thread is here.

This is going to be a collection of the trainers sprites that Maneachicken, ccoa and myself ([ray.z]) are doing for the fan game Pokemon Acanthite, being made by Fangking Omega and his dedicated team.

Well now ....

Hippie Sprites, by [ray.z]

Well pretty soon more will be coming, from both Maneachicken and myself.

We'd both appreciate any c+c on the sprites (and of course no one is too use these unless we give our permission).

Thanks for your support :D​

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    woW! amazing sprites you've got there! Did you scratch build them? If I were putting them in the game I would make them a choice of maincharacters for a hipee styled PKMN Adventure LOL!
    Good work
    SG

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The thread is up! Sweet!

My Sprites are here...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2017
    Those are fantastic sprites for Acanthite, They are very well done. The shading is good, the overall sprite is good also. So, it gives me a 9.1ish/10.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Awesome work guys, but that goes without saying.

Acanthite seems to be taking over?! XD

I wish.

Anyways, I figure I'd best inform you of what's coming next... could be a bit of a challenge! :P

Manea did the Ninja male and Ninja female for the Koku Clan of Bambotta City.

The Shuyo clan are Samurai.

These guys are an important plot event, and we require both a male and female samurai...

Both clans also require some sort of leader.

The idea here is that the normal Samurai are somewhat... faceless.
    https://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/culture/images/samurai.jpg

For the female perhaps - sorry the pic is so small, it's the best i could find :|
    https://www.warweb.com/pegaso/54mm/54-218_s.jpg

But this guy'd be cool as the leader
    https://www.samurai-collectibles.com/008.jpg

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    ooh, i didn't see the ninjas at the forum board. they're kick-butt... nice work on them manea. heh, thank god you didn't give the second hippie dude colorful pants, ray. looks good.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Hmm... I may attempt the Leader of the samurai's. Looks kinda simpler than the normal Samurai.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well, I'm kinda in the process of doing that (I'm doing the pose at the moment), but if you wanna race to it's completion, go ahead ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    man, the hippies are hip! wonderful use of colours!
    the figure skater has a beautiful pose! i cant wait until i can see the whole game together, its gunna be awesome!

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
    Nice.
    My main pet peeve is that most of the heads look sort of misplaced. Other than that, the male Ninja's sword looks more like a lightsaber (not pointy enough), and the female Ninja's daggers are just kinda weird looking.
    Trainer sprites are hard, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Thanks Mazil and Rashoumon :D

@ Rasshoumon: The head's of which sprites are misplaced? That'll be helpful :) (and yeah, you're right, they are kinda difficult - it's the pose that gets me most of the time)

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
    The female Bug Catcher's hat makes her head look a bit misplaced, the TR Admin's head is angled a bit too much to the left, the Scientist appears to have no neck, and the female Young Trainer's head has too much neck, I think. It just looks too big.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    Thanks Mazil and Rashoumon :D

@ Rasshoumon: The head's of which sprites are misplaced? That'll be helpful :) (and yeah, you're right, they are kinda difficult - it's the pose that gets me most of the time)

you kidding me? your poses seem flawless. i'd love to be able to make such descriptive trainer sprites, rather my stupid, boring "stick-figure stance" avatar of a trainer sprite heh. what you working on next?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I ain't really sure. I'm trying to do a female punk, but I can't be bothered at the moment. And I should be doing some Samarais, but once again, it's the poses that annoy me (and the samarais have heaps of clothing).

As for Maneachicken I don't know what he's doing at the moment.

And poses are annoying cause when I splice them and mix them up (I couldn't do scratch parts even if my life depended on it), it's hard to get the pose I have in mind or from a picture.

But thanks for the comment (and BTW, your avatar sprite has a mad design).

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The female Bug Catcher's hat makes her head look a bit misplaced, the TR Admin's head is angled a bit too much to the left, the Scientist appears to have no neck, and the female Young Trainer's head has too much neck, I think. It just looks too big.

Female Bug Catcher: Hmm... Yeah. I Tried for an action pose, and Im in the Process of Editing the hat on that particular Sprite.

TR Admin: Meh. Looks Fine to Me?

Scientist: They are meant to Be cringy, Humpback, evil, odd scientists. They had to have something wrong about them.

Female Young Trainer: There is a Black Pixel I Obviously Forgot to Remove. When It comes to My review of the sprites, I'll change what I have said. Including the shortening of the neck.

and What am I working on at the moment??

I've just completed the Hiker AND Mafia Trainers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back