• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
Years
  • Lol. No wonder Skype was staggering o_O oh well. SEBM, I try to get more members to come but well, they don't want to. PC is dying and ppl like to stay with ONE thing, and therefore they don't want to join something new :( It's rather sad. I downloaded Fate/Stay Night episodes 1-3 yesterday night and i'll finish 4-7 today (and catch up :D) so I could be caught up with Buster wolf. I'm gonna burn Air (TV) on a few DVD +R's soon, and if somehow u come over to the U.S or something, I'd literally give u a copy of these anime DVD's :P. I think that from my perspective, Fate/Stay Night will be a fav. anime for quite a while... well, as long as death note gets animated or the movie get's released...

ENOUGH OF OTHER ANIME, lets go bak to Misty in Pokemon. I think the best topic to discuss & analyze would be her true feelings for Ash and also how May relates to Misty is some ways (can u see them?) I'd start the conversation with an analysis, but I gtg to class in 10 minutes. When I come bak, you might just see an edit. Otherwise I'm not on the cpu XD

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Tkinc said:
    Lol. No wonder Skype was staggering o_O oh well. SEBM, I try to get more members to come but well, they don't want to. PC is dying and ppl like to stay with ONE thing, and therefore they don't want to join something new :( It's rather sad. I downloaded Fate/Stay Night episodes 1-3 yesterday night and i'll finish 4-7 today (and catch up :D) so I could be caught up with Buster wolf. I'm gonna burn Air (TV) on a few DVD +R's soon, and if somehow u come over to the U.S or something, I'd literally give u a copy of these anime DVD's :P. I think that from my perspective, Fate/Stay Night will be a fav. anime for quite a while... well, as long as death note gets animated or the movie get's released...

ENOUGH OF OTHER ANIME, lets go bak to Misty in Pokemon. I think the best topic to discuss & analyze would be her true feelings for Ash and also how May relates to Misty is some ways (can u see them?) I'd start the conversation with an analysis, but I gtg to class in 10 minutes. When I come bak, you might just see an edit. Otherwise I'm not on the cpu XD
    You can't snail-mail it over .. can you? ^^;;

~

Meh, I just see May as a cheap replacement for Misty, but May's different in most other ways. >.< Don't ask me..

Tkinc

Years
  • I'm so bad, I'm missing 30 minutes of my class o_O. Well I'm gonna go after this post and come bak after that. Its a solid answer. Good SEBM. Well, I'm gonna explain in my next edit (when I come back) About May and how she's similar to Misty in a few aspects, and how Misty is still so darn cool :D

Oh, Snail-mail LOL! But I need your address first. Just send it to me through Gmail and I'll ask my mom if I can get some stamps to send it off to Bangledesh ok? (It will take about a month though right XD?)

Tkinc

Years
  • Lol. I totally agree, but its still good to SHOW why right?

Ok, Through MSN it is. But when are u usually on? Give me your hours and ill convert it to mine ok? :D

Ok. Here is what I have analyzed:

Throughout the anime, May revealed herself to be a side of Misty we probably would and will never see. May is basically a shy type and is a lot more calmer than that of the character of Misty. She's still just a kid but also is rather mature for her age. Though she didn't physically admit to Ash, in several scenes she really displayed that she liked Ash. During that one...volbeat and illumise episode, at the end, May winked at Ash when he observed that love scene between those two people, and volbeat & illumise. Ash never understands these things probably because he never really associated with many people,and didn't go to school enough to see what love and attraction is. Nontheless, the winking does imply something, usually a way of messing around, but in this case, a type of... flirtatious/seductive-like thing. Also, there were time when Ash acted heroic that May actually noticed Ash a bit more than usual. It could be normal friendship, but since everyone ELSE wasn't really doing the same as May it proved something. Ash really hasn't gotten to know May, and therefore cannot even see a glimse of what love and attraction is to her. Of course, May is smarter than Ash, and she does feel 'something' for him, but is hiding it. May isn't like misty in some ways though like I said she is like her in others. She doesn't like to test her man, and instead just cutely shows herself and her (hinted) infatuations. This is an aspect of Misty we either rarely see or not at all. Especially since both May and Misty got there bike trashed (I believe now as a symbol as something that connects love- from the whole misty thing), it does show that they are similar in ways, and they show Ash there love in different manners as well. Knowing if May will ever really show Ash how she TRUELY feels toward him is a mystery, but the thing at least to hold on to is that she doesn't think of him as a brother, and likes being close to him. I'm not saying that any girl who comes on Ash's team falls in love with him, but I am saying that May is indeed very very fond of Ash, not only that he taught her the things she knows now, but also because of his amazing well-being, innocence, and such, though I do agree, for the time being , she also has fallen for Drew- but seems now more on terms as a great friend.

Misty's love is a lot more vibrant than May. That is why there is a pairing club :D We've seen TOO MANY EXAMPLES to shun the idea, so we must accept and love this type of cute love between them. If Ash does choose Misty (high probability) then most probably they'd live very happily, but then he'd have to put up with her humurous jealousy that no one could have 'her MAN' REGARDLESS. As we could see, her methods of showing Ash that she really loves him is a lot more physical, and is quite funny. Still, when the artists decided to make her leave, they placed May (not coincidentely) in the same manner as Misty met Ash, in order to put some type of conflict for Misty, or as an experiment. May , as time goes on is getting... closer to Ash, and I'm not too sure if Misty sees it yet. What I know is that if the next season Misty joins, the anime will become more romantic with eventual cat fighting [between May and Misty] , which i don't see why Parents are fearful for this aspect to be shown to little kids, but nontheless is a reason there isn't 2 female main characters on the show at the same time (on Ash's team). Ash's character is indeed very different from many others- like Gary or Brock and that's probably why people around him (girls) fall for him, expecting him to react back, but sadly, Ash doesn't know how... This is the dilemma I wanted to show you guys on how there is indeed a love triangle PURPOUSLY placed by the artist's to 'try something new' and/or 'spice up the show a bit from the norm'. But indeed, that is also the reason the show is dying, simply because they have cut Misty off from the main party.

EDIT:====
    11 MORE POSTS TO 5,000!! I just checked!!

Last edited:

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • Congrats to Misty club on its 200th page! =3 *throws cookies*

Buster_wolf, your sketches are as top-quality as sketches can get! Misty looks beyond awesome =3

Nice comparison essay, Tkinc. Though, I'd have to say that we share very different opinions concerning the difference between Misty and May XD

Of course, May is smarter, and she does feel 'something' to Ash, definitely more than Misty.

... mainly this part XD I'll discuss it with you on AIM this Friday~~ =3
    Meh, Misty > May. No comparisions possible.

The Super Max has pulled those words right outta my mouth =X

Tkinc

Years
  • Lol XD thanks for letting me know about that mistake. I implyed something different.
    Heck, Misty IS SMARTER than May, but I meant to say was, revealing her true feelings. The implication of "smart" here is simply that May likes to hide her true feelings when simply Misty expresses them- usually blindly (without thought) to Ash. :D But that's a better sign because she is being true to the heart. Lol. Thanks for telling me this reminder before i mess up writing again later on XD. OMG, I scibbled up a lot of phrases and messed up what I was saying! I said "especially more than misty but I was actually making a comparison between Ash and May, not Misty- let me edit that... May is like Misty in some ways while major other "romantic" aspects, she's not... well i'll end there. I should be more careful for what I write!! LOL!!

EDIT:===
    Ok, I did some of the written edit (thx again for pointing out my mistakes- I write too fast for my own good :\) Well, I gtg finish up my work, so see ya!

EDIT 2:===
    I watched about 3 eps of Fate Stay Night and I must say it's very very addicting o_O I have up to ep. 9 :D (2 days to catch up LOL!) and I'm thinking of getting "caught up" before I talk to Mistywishmaker on AIM

EDIT 3:===
    Most of the corrections are done- thank gosh you guys wern't here :\ So much of rif-raf in that first draft- but all is mostly clarified :D srry again MWM

9 MORE POSTS UNTIL 5,000!

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • *stabs Tkinc* >: YOU'RE MAKING ME JEALOUS, watching Fate~StayNight ..

Meh, I've read your entire comparision Tkay, but the problem would be, I've not watched enough of AG to believe what you said, especially the bits of where you put that May is better than Misty some ways. I'll need to see things for myself before I can agree. As of now ... I've pulled the words right out of Wishy's mouth, and you know what I mean. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back