• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina

...I'll think of something
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    I've just come from the serebii.net forums and apparently, Misty has the best voice out of them all :D Also, she and Ash bickered a bit - when Misty said "Ladies first" and Ash went "Ladies first?!" lol

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    ^Heehee...

@Kasumi: You don't have to be jealous. Believe me, I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but with the clips I watched, the voice actors killed every character, especially Ash. Misty's voice was only bearable, but it was still odd, awkward, and emotionless. :( Very disappointing indeed, because no real Pokeshipping hints other than what Carina mentioned as a cute part. Ash's voice was simply grotesque, and everyone sounded like they were on crack and drugs or something o__o;; I wish I hadn't heard the voices.... Now I'll have nightmares.

Carina

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Welps, I've just watched 2 little clips in youtube.com and heard Misty, Ash, Team Rocket, May, Max and Brock.
    It's amazing how much the new voice actress sounds like Rachael Lillis. Except, I didn't like the part where she said 'Whatever, puh-lease!' It just sounded so...teenage-girlish - kinda like Misty's sisters. lol
    Brock's one sounds pretty scratchy...but maybe after a while, his new voice actor will loosen up and sound goofier like our old Brock.
    As for May, I guess one of the good points about her having an older-than-before voice is that now she sounds more like a big sister.
    Max, like Misty, sounds heaps like the old one.
    To me, Ash doesn't sound as sickeningly horrible as I've heard him described as! lol Wait, is it a guy or woman doing his voice? Anyway, I feel that over time, Ash's new voice will be better.
    We must remember that it's not these voice actors and actresses' fault that the dub voices have changed in the first place...

Sis, Hmm..to me, the emotion was still there..When Ash said "Better watch your step", it sounded appropriate and Misty's "Ok!" was perfect, I reckon. lol
    But I'm interested in hearing Ash's goofier side now. Wonder if he'll really sound right in those parts....

mistywishmaker

Years
    @Sis: You're always really nice :) That's why you're such an awesome sister! =3 I won't drag you down to my low and spiteful level XD And it's a man who plays Ash's voice. I think you'll agree with me that his voice is rather cranky, dry, and raspy, though XD

@Kasumi: Fortunetly, dub-only means no Japanese. (Or, at least, YET.) The plot and voice actors and whatnot of the Mirage special was done without the help of the Pokemon writers, so... yep :)

@A-one: You're lucky not to have seen it *Shudders* I guess Misty was OK. But the original voice actors LOSING their jobs just because the 4Kids sold their entire Pokemon contract to Pokemon USA for $1 Million. =\

Carina

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Sis, you ain't "mean and spiteful"! LOL I guess you're just annoyed that the casting has changed - and it really is a pretty big blow. :( I've also been hearing the old voice for like 9 years now....*sniff* But at least we've got videos and all if we wanna get nostalgic. :)
    Anyway, because the Japanese animators spent so much time with Misty in this special...maybe it sparked something like 'Hey! She's actually a pretty useful and fun character...Maybe we should write her in again soon!'
    hehe Wishful thinking...?

mistywishmaker

Years
    ^Speechless is what I was after I heard Ash for the first second... XD

@Car - I was informed that the real Pokemon animators did not animate this special, but it was the dubbers (which includes a few Japanese workers) who did this. XD Maybe I was misinformed *thwacks self on the head* XD

Well, the original voice actors may still come back with the rush of letters going to the dub companies. They can't ignore THAT many voices :)

On other note, let's get back to Misty-talkin' :)

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Old fanart (c) respective owner =3 VERY CUTE! <3 Misty looks so young and adorable =3

Carina

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Holy moley...now that's the Misty we all miss!! LOL :D
    That's probably the biggest kick from a human in the series. ^__^

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
    Years
    Gone for awile, but forever? NO!

Hey guys!
    Yes, I checked the link that was posted by Kasumi and I am sooo speechless to the point of hatred. WHY?! Well lets say all the respect I had for good dubbing went to complete trash. 4Kids already had it bad with One Piece but now they did the same irresponsible action with Pokemon!!!!? I always respected 4Kids quality of dubbing with pokemon but with the display they made by selling off the voice actors and getting CHEAP REPLACEMENTS is undeniably worng. In fact, if ANYONE of you guys want to watch pokemon now, go online and download the FANSUBS. At least that will make us respect the voice acting a bit more and stay true to pokemon. These new voice actors are literally killing whatever the Pokemon Anime has left in it in America. One Piece lost it's potential because of 4Kids IDIOCY and irresponsibility of seeing how all the SCENES IN ONE PIECE ARE IMPORTANT TO ONE ANOTHER and so one piece got shoved away like a single ice cube in the whole ocean by the tide (wierd analogy :P). The same is now happening with Pokemon. I must now conclude it has offically decayed to the point of no return. Now it's more than mandatory of ME to bring back the feel of pokemon (in it's purest form) once and for all. With what? With Pokemon Xtreme of course. There's so much hype I'm making for this game and some of you guys don't understand why.

Let me tell you why. In short words, it will change the way we see pokemon entirely and possibly get all those "inner" fans back into the love for pokemon as they once had. I or WE (in general) must do something now to keep pokemon alive in America; whether it be through petitions, letters, or games we make in SUPPORT OF THE ANIME. Is there even one game creator on Pokecommunity which will make a game about Ash's life in the Anime as well as the other casts' besides me? Of course not. No one really sees why this is so important...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back