• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Omg! I just noticed this thread was here! ^^ *happy dances* Sorry, Anyway, it's a real shame they let such a wonderful character go like that. I really hope she makes an appearance soon

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I agree, it is a shame and the show has suffered because of it in terms of viewers but not too much though. Nothing has been said about Misty other than the fact that the former director said she would never return to the main cast permanently and a reason why the replacement occurred which some such as myself find a bit disturbing.

Years
  • Nothing has been said about Misty other than the fact that the former director said she would never return to the main cast permanently and a reason why the replacement occurred which some such as myself find a bit disturbing.

O.o;; Really? What was the reason?

A-one

I'll be back!!!!
    Years
  • I agree, it is a shame and the show has suffered because of it in terms of viewers but not too much though. Nothing has been said about Misty other than the fact that the former director said she would never return to the main cast permanently and a reason why the replacement occurred which some such as myself find a bit disturbing.
    Thats sad to hear i just wish the writers would just grow up and realize that Pokemon went all wrong after Misty left .

Years
  • Pokemon went all wrong after Misty left .

Yup Yup. Misty had that certian something that none of the other girls never had. (Maybe because she was more mature or whatever) But Misty never cried every episode, she didn't fix her hair every episode. She was someone I could honestly relate to in real life.
    BTW: You guys say we need a banner right? I found us 1 if you guys wanna use it!-
    The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

(Wh00t! my 100th post!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    The Pokemon anime kind of did go down hill when Misty left and some even consider Hoenn to be a very dark time in the series which I agree with. I have heard about May being a cry baby before and believe it and I noticed that about Misty as well that she was not obsessed with how her hair looked and I don't ever recall seeing Misty working on her hair during any episode unlike May and Dawn. That banner looks nice and if I could I am thinking about using that on the Bulbagarden and Serebii forums and might do so on a small forum dedicated entirely to Misty but I already have a couple of things in my signature there.

Years
  • That banner looks nice and if I could I am thinking about using that on the Bulbagarden and Serebii forums and might do so on a small forum dedicated entirely to Misty but I already have a couple of things in my signature there.

Ehhh..Sure! ^_^ No probs. :D

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Great, I will have to do that then but at the time I am kind of busy though. I restarted my Leaf Green game recently and am playing as the girl now but instead of using the default name I called her Misty so some of the Pokemon I have in Diamond now have the OT listed as Misty and that they arrived from Kanto such as a level 58 Starmie that I am working on raising.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That picture is somewhat funny and that is exactly why Misty was afraid of Gyarados. In the same episode that screen shot was taken from Misty revealed that she was nearly eaten by a Gyarados as a baby when talking to Nurse Joy who was a PIA inspector and that screen shot is from that particular scene. Because of this Misty developed a fear of Gyarados which was conqured after one saved her life when she nearly drowned in the pool at the Cerulean gym.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sorry for the long absence, guys, but I have successfully uploaded the first part of the video. sigh, it was irritating to upload this bugger, I even had to upgrade pinnacle studios 12 just to do this.

So: without further ado, here's the first part of my reasons for Bringing Misty Back:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r0OowSxgEcE

Anyways, onto some stuff that I should have answered a while back.

Nothing has been said about Misty other than the fact that the former director said she would never return to the main cast permanently and a reason why the replacement occurred which some such as myself find a bit disturbing.

O.o;; Really? What was the reason?

I believe Nickstr was referring to this comment on the interview:

He said, however, that Contests don't appear to be her thing, so if she were to come back, it would probably be to join Ash in a battle or to just meet them somewhere. So then I said, "Why can't you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl." His following answers made me laugh my head off – I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that). He also said Ken Sugimori designs a new girl with each generation and that gives them another excuse to switch the girl, though I reminded him that there is also a new boy with each generation too, and it wouldn't hurt to use them.

The thing about most of the girls being nothing more than "Eye Candy" was very controversial, and many people were extremely offended about it (even people who mentioned how my rants about the you-know-what were annoying were extremely offended by this sexist comment.).

I suspected this was the case since I first had the pnemothorax.

BTW, I might be retiring from BMGf's Misty clubs. I would stay, but considering what happened back there to me (as well as people bullying me just because I want to defend human rights), I really can't stay, not without going into an emotional breakdown of anger. I will stay on the Pokecommunity Misty club, though.

I also intend to make a Directors cut on the Misty video, when I have completely mastered video editing.

Also, Cerulean Blues, I would also like to point out that prior to her nearly drowning, she jumped in front of a barrage of Poison needles from the invincible brothers to defend Gyarados. Shame that little Misty nearly got eaten by Gyarados, though. maybe if it weren't for that experience, Misty would most likely have viewed Gyarados in a similar fashion to the Tentacool and Tentacruel.

Speaking of Baby Misty, has anyone read my fanfic yet? I mean, Waterflower world was suffering some downtime, and, well, no offense, but I felt forced to BUMP the fanfic every month since I didn't really get any reviews (I like to wait for people to give reviews to see how I did.).

Also, I wonder how WPM is doing? I'm wondering because he really hasn't posted here since, well, a few years back.

And also, in case you guys were wondering by my saying "nearing finals" at the beginning of the movie, I was originally going to air it on the Morning announcements during the waning weeks of school, but there were certain circumstances that prevented me from doing it (for starters, they couldn't premier it on the Morning announcements during that chaotic and uneventful final week [for reasons best not stated, I viewed this years finals week as being the worst finals week I ever had to endure.].)

That's all for now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That is exactly what I meant too, that particular part of the interview. Judging by what others have been saying it must be some sort of crime to become attached to the female characters even if your intentions are pure. Sure I did become attached to Misty a long time ago and today this attachment is still as strong as ever.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    err... I interpreted it as that they didn't like the girls being played up as sexual objects. but, maybe you're right.

Also, I wanted to give a little warning about this portion of the video. the video DOES include LH in it (It's used as evidence proving how the you-know-what is a terrible thing), and, well, one of the evidences may have a bit of a Jumpy censor (I couldn't utilize the censor without making it look sloppy since the thing moved too much, and I can't just place it near the end of the scene since the censor applies towards the entire scene. I also couldn't eliminate it because if I did, what I would be saying might jump out at you guys and you would probably get confused. Just a little warning for Part 1 (Actually, Part 1 was the reason why I needed to use blurs in the first place.)

oh, yeah, Ambellina, forgot to say this in my last post, but, Nice banner.

anyways, that's all for now.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    The rumors really are flying now and another one just surfaced. A Spanish Pokemon fansite had posted an article saying that Misty is going to return very soon in Diamond and Pearl. This seemed legit until a bit further down it mentioned a confession of how Misty felt for Ash. Even then this is just another rumor but it could turn out like what happened in an Australian magazine recently which accurately predicted a plot that happened later on in the anime. I don't have my hopes up about this at all but if there is any confirmation either way from a legit source then I can say for sure if this is true or not.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The rumors really are flying now and another one just surfaced. A Spanish Pokemon fansite had posted an article saying that Misty is going to return very soon in Diamond and Pearl. This seemed legit until a bit further down it mentioned a confession of how Misty felt for Ash. Even then this is just another rumor but it could turn out like what happened in an Australian magazine recently which accurately predicted a plot that happened later on in the anime. I don't have my hopes up about this at all but if there is any confirmation either way from a legit source then I can say for sure if this is true or not.

yeah, I've read about that. I also heard from this supposed "Plot summary" that the Cerulean gym was apparantly shut down due to an accident due to her sister's Gyarados (well, from someone latent in the Spanish language, from Google translator, it made a big nonsensical phrase known as "Gyar is his sister".). If this is true... well, she's returned to the main cast. I mean, the only thing that kept her from returning from the Main cast is her Gym, and since the gym doesn't exist anymore, then there won't be anything stopping her from returning.

as for the big reveal, well, that's the only thing I have my doubts on. other than the fact that I'm a heretic to Pokeshipping (which even then, the only reason I'm a heretic towards shipping is because of things like "Disney" and Shakespeare having the philosophy that love can only occur if it is "Love at first sight". That, and they haven't explicitly said something like "I love you" to each other.), there's also the fact that she would have revealed it at the end of her journey, or at least in her reappearances.

Then again, it took Brock's mom nine seasons since her first mention to actually appear in the anime for the first time (Five depending on whether you count "A family that battles together stays together" as part of the main series, which I do count it as that personally, but this is for other peoples viewpoints.), so it's definitely not impossible.

also, something Maxim said... well, doesn't sit right with me. he said that he's only counting that Aussie mag as official info because "it's press, not fanwank". However, from my experience, just because it came from a Magazine (or even an official website) doesn't mean it's set in stone. For example, Nintendo Power mixed up the names of Dialga and Palkia, they erroneously reffered to Bitores Mendez as Sadler, when that name is actually belonging to the leader of the Los Illuminiados, they said that Miyamoto said that Ocarina of Time "took place after Links awakening", etc., etc. Heck, Pokemon.com, an OFFICIAL website, has made too many errors in it's lifetime. I mean, I wouldn't believe even if it came from press or official material unless I see it before my own eyes (BTW, thats taking into account that this thing has yet to be released.). call me a doubting thomas, but ever since many official sources have made errors (or even cheap tricks, such as EGM's april fools editions, which are released two months EARLIER.), I'd rather wait it out.

also, can someone explain to me why Fantina would be allowed to leave the gym unattended for long periods of time, and yet when Misty's sisters did just that for 3 months, it nearly got the gym shut down? (I mean, a speculative in universe reason, not something like "it's to get Ash to follow the order of the gyms in the games.)

anyways, that's all for now.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back