• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Really? I didn't notice her personality was like her sisters' and I've read that volume many times.

Oh, uh this manga is canon btw. You should say "anime personality" and you know, the games were first so the true Misty is the gymleader in Cerulean aka the girl from GSC with a boyfriend.

I know that the manga is canon, since I personally believe that if it is made by, or at LEAST endorsed by Satoshi Tajiri, it's canon, whether I like it or not.

And, well, her in-game personality is a bit similar to her anime personality.

Also, in case you were meaning what I meant by her personality resembling her sisters, well, Misty say's "Borrring" in what I interpreted as val-speak in terms of fishing (why they had her act like that despite supposedly being a water pokemon enthusiast, I'll never know), and... maybe some others. Actually, I don't think Misty was ever bored with fishing (In the Anime, I mean).

Actually, weird enough, she had orange hair in volume 3 and I think volume 4. She also wore her original outfit.
    I have volume 1 and 3 and some chapters from 2 and 4 in comic book format.

Some of the scans I've seen had her with black hair. Yeah, I know, it was in black and white, but the manga for Pokemon Special had her hair being white so it can match up with red.

Yeah, and that was probably one of the reasons why that was my least favorite incarnation of Misty, anyways. I mean, I don't really need a figure to like a female character, just their personality is enough for me.

A-one

I'll be back!!!!
    Years
  • I am not a huge follower of Japanese manga since i am not into the TV series anymore so I thought i'd read the manga online all i could find was 3 chapters from book 1 and i have read only 2 of them so far.I am trying to find the rest of the books though.
    I understand what you are saying Weedle but it seems that manga was supposed to look like that so that it sells. Must say its good to see Misty's becoming mad at Ash all over again.

And welcome into the club A.B.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I never followed the manga and I too don't follow the anime anymore. Kind of pointless when your favorite character and most of the others you have ever liked are gone and you can't stand the ones that replaced them. Ono must the the only Pokemon manga where Misty was used for fanservice most of the time as in most of the others she has a significantly more important reason to be there. But even then she does have her moments, just like in the anime back in the early days for the most part although she did have fanservice moments later on.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    There are some who follow the manga religiously and have for many years but I don't know too many people who fit that category. I do know of lots of people who used to follow the anime religiously and I used to as well but those days are long gone and never returning. On an on topic note, we are getting close to that rumored episode and on the off chance that the Spanish fan site is correct I am going to be watching that particular episode but I don't think it is true.

There are some who follow the manga religiously and have for many years but I don't know too many people who fit that category. I do know of lots of people who used to follow the anime religiously and I used to as well but those days are long gone and never returning. On an on topic note, we are getting close to that rumored episode and on the off chance that the Spanish fan site is correct I am going to be watching that particular episode but I don't think it is true.

Heh...that's me with the anime...I haven't read the manga, but I think that's because I didn't know there was a manga to it...X/

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That does not surprise me, it seems as though the Pokemon manga is not as well known as a few others out there. And another thing, the episode that the rumor is involved with which is DP 094 is going to be out soon so any info about it should be in the preview for the one that aired this week in Japan but I doubt it. At this point I do not think well of the writers of the series at all simply because they really seem oblivious to the fact that people over the age of 12 like the show and want to see more past characters back and since Misty is a staple of Pokemon, she is more deserving than most to return for a few episodes.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I thought you would say that, we are all on the same side of the fence so to speak with this issue. And also it is interesting that someone would pick Horsea, Misty's less used Pokemon which is along there with Goldeen as well. I personally picked Starmie because of its huge potential in battle since it can really kick butt and even then Politoed has pleasantly surprised me in battle taking out electric types.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Hey, does anyone mind if I join? I'm a huge Misty fan, but I've considered for sometime if I should join this group or not.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • Hey welcome new members ^^ ! But we need a new topic.
    What are some of your favorite Misty quotes?
    My is ofcourse: "One day we will get married too".

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Favorite Misty quotes? I have a lot of these:

1) "Staryu looks like its in real pain!" "How can you tell!?! It doesnt even have a face!" "Because I'm sensitve to others feelings!!!"
    2) "Pikachu, You're a PikaPal!"
    3) "Don't you dare make fun of Mini-Misty!"
    4) "Luverin is just like me!" "Oohhh! You mean like when you were in your tiara phase?"
    5) "OH WOW! She's almost as pretty as her sisters!" "Thanks for the NON-compliment" -Gyrados splashes water on her- "Ugh... this is some Welcome Home!"

Edit: I forgot to pick one of Misty's Pokemon. Hmmm... Caserin!

Last edited:
    Well one that has always stuck with me is when she leaves...

Misty: "Just keep doing your best".
    Ash: "Uh...What do you mean?"
    Misty "Well you know...Without me there...."

But I have lots of others such as

"He is not my boyfriend, he's a friend and he's a boy (I can't remember which one she said first) but he's not my boyfriend"
    I will think of more later...

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That quote has stuck with many of us I guess and that was the only Pokemon episode ever which actually made me cry. One I can think of right now which is kind of funny is this one "I'll be sitting on the sidelines cheering you on, waiting to drag your carcass away at the end" also another one I can think of is "And Ash is never really alone because hes got, me."

That quote has stuck with many of us I guess and that was the only Pokemon episode ever which actually made me cry. One I can think of right now which is kind of funny is this one "I'll be sitting on the sidelines cheering you on, waiting to drag your carcass away at the end" also another one I can think of is "And Ash is never really alone because hes got, me."

Yay I'm not the only who cried, well I cried at that episode, then where togetic leaves her, and when she left Ash in the hoenn...I think there were others but I can't remember...oh and the fifth movie....don't ask...I kind of got another quote..well kind of I can't remember what she said but it was the episode where she got all dolled up and Ash starts laughing at her make-up and I'm still thinking of some :)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Those are some really nice emotional ones... but the best sad misty moment was in the first movie when Ash was frozen. I was already holding back tears from a dead ash, but after seeing Misty's face and her words: "Oh my... Th-this c-can't be... No..."

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Did anyone catch the new Mystery Dungeon special last night? if you listened closely some of the Pokemon's voices sounded like Misty's old voice.

I didn't watch it due to the fact that I'm currently on boycott (you know, to bring her back.). Which reminds me, guys, no offense, but the Boycott kinda has to do with not buying pokemon related merchandise (which watching the series on broadcast is technically buying pokemon merchandise, since it runs on ratings and all). I intended the boycott to act as a message towards the writers. I mean, if they were quick to bring back brock when they heard his fanbase cry, they can certainly listen to us (ESP. considering how Sexism/Eye Candy is, IMO, FAR worse than racism, since it is literally impossible for people to not have heard of females.)

Also, I'm a tiny bit surprised that the DP094 summary hasn't come out. I mean, two saturdays, and nothing. I'm only interested in what DP094 says because thats the episode where Misty apparantly returns to the series (at least, that's what that Spanish fansite said, which considering how that Aussie mag was able to get alot of it's predictions correct, the fansite might have a chance of being correct as well.).

Also, Kinda of a new Misty topic, since it has to do with Misty, and I'm sorry if it seemed like Advertizing, but I repeatedly asked for your imput/review on Part 1 of the video, but I didn't get answers:

What were your views on the first part of the BMB Video?

well, It was pretty good, but I would have been more satisfied if I was able to keep some of the scenes in (albeit in blurred format) since it would have made my point stronger [I was forced to delete some scenes due to the fact that Pinnacle Studios can't do multiple blurs per frame, and if I used the single blur, it would have looked funny.]

Also, Welcome, sirboulevard, and Nightning. And welcome back MISTYFAN4EVER8887. Gee, I wonder if Otter Mii-kun and MistyLover17 might pay a visit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back