• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Alright, update three, which can be found on the link in my signature, (though it won't be the most recent, my bad). For those who have no interest aside from the bare minimum, though, here's the new update:

Beat Brock with Vine Whip. (Verto)
    Caught Spearow, named it Vearow.
    Got to Mt. Moon, caught Zubat, named it Vambat.

Smallish update, but that's because it's the bare minimum of what happened in the video.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    I'll just post where I am right now and stuff. I'll have an actual update soon.

My character's name is GAZ (I chose the female player, because... I wanted to.)
    I saved while training MIMI the Meowth. I have 2 badges. I'm gonna head to Vermilion City(I think) after I finish training MIMI.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Dead: (I'm gonna re-use some of the nicknames because there's a limited amount of Invader Zim characters)
    Spoiler:

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    i started this last night on diamond.

currently in orenburg (however it's spelled) city.

badges: 0

pokedex: 10

caught pokemon:

pheonix - chimchar lv 13.
    doc - shinx lv 5
    cherp - kricketot lv 5

dead pokemon:

none

sorry i don't feel like going to in depth right now.

update:

pheonix is deceased.

caught the onyx that killed him. named him KILLER.

**** i can't believe lost my starter.

Last edited:

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Started my challenge at Pallet Town, naming myself Red and my rival Blue on the process.

I chose Charmander as my starter, named him Volvagia, honoring the boss of one of the greatest Nintendo games, ever. =P
    Blue's Squirtle almost makes this run a short one, but in the end Volvagia prevailed.

On Route 1, I found a Pidgey. Couldn't catch it, though, since I didn't have Pokéballs yet. My next stop was the patch of grass on Route 22, in which I found a Spearow. Sadly, a critical hit from Volvagia made the catch impossible.
    Route 2 proved to be successful. Another Pidgey was found, this time catching it. Named it Boeing.
    Viridian Forest's first pokémon was a Pikachu. A rare sight indeed. I caught it and named it Sparks. I'm so bright.

With my new team, I braved myself against Blue's Pidgey and Squirtle. I made the first of many (I have no doubt) mistakes sending Sparks to fight his Pidgey. A veteran on the field of pokébattles, Pidgey ripped Sparks fur with its sharp talons. Three fatal hits, and Sparks was down for good, sadly. Volvagia and Boeing had no trouble finishing the fight, but the damage was already down. Sparks was down.

Mourning the loss of my recently deceased newfound friend, I ventured my way to Pewter City...

Current Team
    :t004: Volvagia - Lv. 15. Met at Pallet Town at level 5.
    :t016: Boeing - Lv. 14. Met at Route 2 at level 3.

The Crypt
    :t025: Sparks - Lv. 6. Met at Viridian Forest at level 4

Box'd
    None

Badges
    None

---------------------------------------------

Opinions:
    I feel quite lame about losing my first Pokémon without earning any badges xD

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    am I allowed to evolve my Kadabra at the GTS?

Yep, trade evos are absolutely fine. The only trade rule is that the Pokemon you have on your team must have your trainer ID - that is, it can't get boosted XP. So don't get someone else's Kadabra, but by all means trade yours to evolve it and then trade the Alakazam back.

Years
    That's one awesome Blasoise you have there. I should use these things more often, but I always seem to be picking Venusaur, because LEECH SEED.

As for my own run, I'm just being lazy. Too lazy. Where did I save again the last time? I think it was at Mauville where I wanted to get a TM or two, mainly for my new (well, not that new anymore now) Swablu.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    That's one awesome Blasoise you have there. I should use these things more often, but I always seem to be picking Venusaur, because LEECH SEED.

As for my own run, I'm just being lazy. Too lazy. Where did I save again the last time? I think it was at Mauville where I wanted to get a TM or two, mainly for my new (well, not that new anymore now) Swablu.

thanks, I picked Blastoise because I've never used one before. Venasaur is a beast, but if you pick it, remember to get something to counter agatha with.
    I also have a scizor who swept sabrina (sorry forgot to record :P) with swords dance and slash.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    On Pewter City, we caught our new friend, Suarez the Rattata. Named after the Uruguayan forward, who sports pretty big teeth =P. Since his help wasn't needed at the moment, he was sent to Prof. Oak's lab via PC.

We wasted no time, and tried our luck against Brock. His rock-type pokémon were hard, but ended up succumbing at Volvagia's flames, and Boeing's sand attack. Our effort was rewarded by the BOULDERBADGE, a TM that I'll never use, and the evolution of both our friends. Congratulations, Volvagia, Boeing!

Onwards to route 3! Battled a couple of trainers, and got to the Pokémon Center at the foot of Mt. Moon. Since I hadn't captured any pokémon on that route yet, I took up the offer a fat man had there. 500 pokéyens for a Magikarp. An underrated pokémon that takes his work, but evolves into the mighty Gyarados. I named it Neptune, and started training.

On Mt. Moon, Dracula the Zubat joined the party, as well as a Dome Fossil that it is said that can be revived into a powerful pokémon. Team Rocket, the criminal organization, was standing guard here. With Volvagia, Boeing and Neptune, we made short work of them.

Route 4, Mt. Moon - Cerulean City. We got ourselves a couple of items, and a new friend joined us. Agate, the Ekans, who was sent alongside Dracula to Prof. Oak's lab, with Suarez.

And finally! Cerulean City! Blue Oak was there waiting for me. Volvagia and Boeing were furious and wanted to avenge Sparks, and Blue was eager to fight... Too bad our skills were too much for him.
    I decided to pay a visit to the Pokémaniac Bill, catching an Abra (Psyfox, Route 24), and an Oddish (Bush, Route 25) on the way. Bush was sent to Prof. Oak's lab, but Psyfox stayed with us on our journey. On the way, Neptune evolved into Gyarados, and Psyfox into Kadabra. The team is taking shape, now we only have to challenge Misty, and move forward...

Current Team
    :t005: Volvagia Lv. 24 (Met at Pallet Town, Lv. 5)
    :t017: Boeing Lv. 20 (Met at Route 2, Lv. 5)
    :t130: Neptune Lv. 21 (Met at Route 3, Lv. 5)
    :t064: Psyfox Lv. 20 (Met at Route 25, Lv. 8)

The Crypt
    :t025: Sparks Lv. 6 (Met at Viridian Forest, Lv. 4)
    Death by the vicious talon of Blue's Pidgey.

Prof. Oak's Lab
    :t019: Suarez (Met at Pewter City)
    :t041: Dracula (Met at Mt. Moon)
    :t023: Agate (Met at Route 4)
    :t043: Bush (Met at Route 25)

Badges

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Trained a bit, caught some Pokemon and beat Chuck. He was easy because Ice Fang froze Primape for the whole battle and I put Poliwrath asleep with Sleep Powder.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

In Box:
    Spoiler:

In Memorial:
    Spoiler:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @Vaporeon 7, Xatu's are like GODS in Nuzlocke if your give them this moveset-Psychic, U-Turn, Lucky Chant, Me First.
    Be sure to protect it!

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    eterna city

defeating team galactic

pokedex: 34

badges:

team:

Pheonix - lv. 22
    Longtails - lv. 12
    Haspop - lv. 16
    Astro - lv. 12

deceased:

Ferry
    Doc
    Cherp

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Cort's Journey Episode 3 - Road to Gardenia and Another Tragedy

Spoiler:

[I'll update my team, box, and deaths tomorrow, sorry).

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Cort's Journey Episode 3 - Road to Gardenia and Another Tragedy

Spoiler:

[I'll update my team, box, and deaths tomorrow, sorry).

your going to run out of zodiac signs eventually...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back