• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sign me up for a Nuzlocke run on SoulSilver. I started last night so I'll give you guys a run-through of what I've done so far.

User Name: MareBear
    Trainer: Mary
    Game: SoulSilver
    Time on Game: 6:28

Badge Case:
    Zephyr

I started the game by picking my favorite Johto starter, Cyndaquil, and named him Flynn. After completing the intro stuff and beating my rival, who I named Silver, we caught the first member of our team, Mia the Hoothoot, on Route 29. We then caught a Rattata on Route 46, named Verona, but I ended up boxing her, just in case. We then made our way to Violet City without much trouble but I made my first mistake of the run by accidentally running away from a Geodude in the Dark Cave outside of Violet City. After arriving in Violet City, my team and I climbed the Sprout Tower, where we obtained Dani, the Gastly, and beat the Elder with ease. Then, we traveled to Route 32 where I hoped to find a Mareep but instead we got a Bellsprout named Bella.

Right now, I'm grinding my team to level 14 before taking on Falkner. I'll probably box Bella beforehand but I want to level her up more before then so maybe later I'll take her out again.

EDIT: Grinded my entire team to level 14, which meant that Flynn evolved into a Quilava. After boxing Bella, we took on Falkner and beat him easily. Then, we obtained the Egg from the PokeMart and put it in my party, hoping that it'll hatch into a good Togepi for me to use later. Now, we are finishing Route 32 and are about to enter Union Cave to head to Azalea Town.

EDIT II: We are now in Azalea Town and we just beat Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well. I also caught a few new additions to the team and the Egg finally hatched into a Togepi. My plan before going to sleep tonight is to grind my team up to a good level to take on Bugsy and then maybe my rival but we'll see about that.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • yep I broke a rule, I caught a zigzagoon on Route 101, even though you obtain the Starter there. My bad, do I have to Start over or use my other zigzagoon from Route 102 or just keep going since I do have another zigzagoon anyway?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    yep I broke a rule, I caught a zigzagoon on Route 101, even though you obtain the Starter there. My bad, do I have to Start over or use my other zigzagoon from Route 102 or just keep going since I do have another zigzagoon anyway?

It depends on how you interpret it - strictly speaking you get your starter back in Littleroot Town when Prof. Birch gives you it officially, so you should be ok to use it. Otherwise you'd have to release it and use one of the other ones.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • Also, does Sprout Tower count as a different area or does it count of Violet City? I'm not doing a Nuzlocke or anything, but I'm interested.

Edit:

In fact, I'll Nuzlocke Gold. I'll use the two concrete rules and nickname all pokes.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • It depends on how you interpret it - strictly speaking you get your starter back in Littleroot Town when Prof. Birch gives you it officially, so you should be ok to use it. Otherwise you'd have to release it and use one of the other ones.

Well I'll interperet it the way you did, officialy getting it in Littleroot town, just to save some time.

Also, does Sprout Tower count as a different area or does it count of Violet City? I'm not doing a Nuzlocke or anything, but I'm interested.

Edit:

In fact, I'll Nuzlocke Gold. I'll use the two concrete rules and nickname all pokes.

Sprout Tower should count as a completely different area, I would be very surprised if it didn't.

Last edited:

Zeko

^ is awesome!
    Years
  • DROP ME OUT. I lost to my Rival on Route 22, because I can't FRICKEN DO THIS. MY ACE DIED, AND THAT'S WHY I LOST. I AM SO SAD MAD! DAMN! D:<

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Update #2
    Left the Pokemart
    Went in the gym
    Showed Wally how to catch a pokemon
    found out my dad wouldn't battle me
    Tried to catch yet another zigzagoon, got a critical hit, killed it. But meh, I don't need another one anyway
    Derek got killed by a Taillow... R.I.P. Derek
    Immediately rushed him to the PC Graveyard, but took the super potion he was holding first
    Withdrew my other Zigzagoon, Mark, from the Reserves
    Mark died to a Critical hit tackle from a rivaling Zigzagoon... RIP Mark (Apparently I should stay away from Zigzagoons huh?)
    Caught Jeff the male lv 6 Wurmple
    Boxed him for later
    beat down a Team Aqua Grunt
    Joe evolved into Beautifly
    Barely managed to get through Petalburg Woods without anyone dying
    Got to Rustboro
    Got HM 01 Cut
    Went out to Route 116 to do some Grinding and Catch something
    Caught a Male lv6 Zigzagoon "Ronald" (Well they do make pretty good HM slaves...)
    Caught a Male lv6 Whismur "Bob"
    Defeated Gym leader Roxanne
    Chris evolved into Grovyle!
    Saved...

Team
    Spoiler:

Reserves
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I'm going to have to put this on hold for a bit,seems as though every time I start a Challenge something comes up. I will continue it later.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Also, does Sprout Tower count as a different area or does it count of Violet City? I'm not doing a Nuzlocke or anything, but I'm interested.

Edit:

It's definitely a different area. I count it as a different area if a text box appears telling me I've changed area - when you move from Violet City into Sprout Tower, a text box appears saying "Sprout Tower". That's how I determine what counts as an area.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then, update number three!

gameplay (turning into a sarcastic story now)
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

Routes used
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    After my failed run in yellow, I have decided to try again...I'm at Cerulean with my Romeo, Juliet, and Titania (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Nidorina)

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Instead of releasing a Pokemon can I just box it for the rest of the challenge or is that not allowed?

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • If you catch a Bellsprout on Route 31 and trade it for the Onix in Violet, can you catch another Pokémon on Route 31? Also, cancel my Gold challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you catch a Bellsprout on Route 31 and trade it for the Onix in Violet, can you catch another Pokémon on Route 31? Also, cancel my Gold challenge.

I don't encourage in-game trades, but it's up to the challenger. As for catching another pokemon, the answer is NO. Not only did you just get a powerful rock type with an exp boost, and now you want to catch another pokemon in place of the one you traded? Not much of a CHALLENGE if you ask me.

Years
  • User Name: MareBear
    Trainer: Mary
    Game: SoulSilver
    Time on Game: 11:46

Badge Case:
    Zephyr, Hive

After grinding my team up to level 18, we took on Bugsy and the Azalea Gym. Flynn easily dispatched Bugsy and his team with no problems. However, when we ran into Silver, I almost lost Callen to a critical hit from his Croconaw but he survived with a little HP left. Once we beat Silver, we headed into the Ilex Forest and I taught Verona Cut, along with Headbutt and Rock Smash. We made it out of the Ilex and headed to Goldenrod City, all the while beating trainers and getting the Day Care numbers. Also, we added two new members to the team with Mia the Drowzee and Olivia the Kakuna. I have to stop here 'cause I need to go to work soon but my plan is to be finished in Goldenrod City by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Gonna start a Nuzlocke on Fire Red Omega with the following rules:
    • If a Pokemon faints, it's dead
    • Everyone gets a Nickname
    • One Pokemon per route
    • Battle style to Set
    • No catching Legendaries

This should be interesting...

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • Nearly lost my Blaze (Charmeleon) in celurean against my rival water.survived just beat misty with a level 17 Synthesis (Oddish) running out of metal claws. Anyone know where a nearby ether or elixer is after underground?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back