• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
  • Update 10:
    -So it's time to challenge Koga and try to earn my 5th badge. None of my pokémon are particularly strong in this Gym, so I'm relying on pure force to win this.
    -Made my way through the gym trainers, half of which had PSYCHIC pokémon... I thought this was a Poison Gym? Anyway from these battles, I concluded that Marvin's Leech Seed was probably my best tactic here.
    -I decided to lead with Romulus against Koga, as he would resist Poison attacks well and offer a Physical offense. Worked well enough, as he defeated Koffing fairly easily.
    -Koga's Muk gave me a free switch in to Marvin, as he used Minimize. I immediately seeded it, and the slow, slow battle ensued. Koga used 2 frickin' Hyper Potions... but eventually Marvin managed to knock the Muk out.
    -Next was Koffing... who I immediately seeded and NO! NO! NOOOOO! God damn it! You did not just do that!!! Self-De-frickin-struct. **** you Koga, **** you.
    -Marvin... you were a real powerhouse for me in the run through. RIP. </3 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    -I switched Bubbles in, who gained some measure of revenge by knocking out Weezing and ending the battle. I had earned my 5th badge... but at what cost?
    -I took a moment after the battle to berate Koga for his cheap tactics, and to remember some of Marvin's greatest moments. From soloing the first three Gyms, to two evolutions, to hanging on against Erika to win me my fourth badge, Marvin has truly been my most reliable pokémon. RIP :(

-I end this update in dire straights. Having lost Marvin, I am down to two pokemon... one of which is weak against the next Gym Leader. I may have to take an alternate route to find some new areas to try and catch new team members, but at this point things aren't looking good for me.

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Chapter Three: Regret
    Spoiler:

Notes from the Author: I decided to add more plot into the run because the previous chapters were lacking it. Also Kotone's speech isn't red anymore, it's now Bold. You know, just in case I get a Fire type.

Also, I included another God in this story, as you can see. My approach is the Greek Gods, because if you see a comparison, Arceus is (a female version) of Zeus and Darkrai is Hades.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • I have officially started the firered challenge nuzlocke style

After failing a miserable 7 times I caught a gist of hope when I found a little fella called Dream(pikachu) in viridian forest. Trained Hothead(Char) for metal claw and advanced skillfully until reaching vermillion to find the ever so useful level 31 Undertoe(Dugtrio) to completely crush Raichu and his gang after massive loss of my spearow in ss anne I went on a hunt for the rockets so I can earn myself Lochness(Lapras) and travel onwards with my new flying charizard to defeat the fighting dojo to get Jackie(Hitmonchan) then I lost my prescious Overgrowth(Gloom) to a blaine trainer out of cockiness.. onwards from there I lost yet another B.O. (grimer) and rats! (Ratatta) destroying giovanni with Jackie and Lochness and for the art of training I trained crazy at pokemon league (I mean victory road) til my pokemon were a healthy level 50 or higher. Hothead and Dream were already at level 60 from headstart training. I destroyed Lorelei and Bruno.. But now I stand face to face with Agatha.. this is so far the furthest I've gotten..

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Chapter Four: A new life, and a new friend.
    Spoiler:

I actually have a question for you guys, are you guys enjoying my updates in story format, or should I go back to updates?

But if you guys like it, is there anything I should to to improve it? Should I make it longer or shorter?

I need your guy opinions!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now that I've been clarified, although rule 7 still baffles me, I'll sign up for this with Emerald. :D

You just go to options and go under battle style, and change it to set.
    The effect of this action is that you aren't allowed to switch your Pokemon when your opponent sends out their next Pokemon. It's for added difficulty, really.
    Good luck with your challenge, anyhow.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I actually have a question for you guys, are you guys enjoying my updates in story format, or should I go back to updates?

But if you guys like it, is there anything I should to to improve it? Should I make it longer or shorter?

Stories are always good. Only thing I'd suggest is that you do slightly bigger story chunks per episode, because if you spend a whole episode getting from Cherrygrove to Mr. Pokemon's house, your Nuzlocke run will take years!

Keep'em coming though, I like stories :)

DefiningTheDecade

Years
  • I actually have a question for you guys, are you guys enjoying my updates in story format, or should I go back to updates?

I in fact love the stories and I was thinking about doing it for my last 3 battles (I have just beat Agatha) but then I realized that Hothead gets a little hot headed when I talk about him so for my saftey I don't think I wanna ^__^ anyways. ALMOST DONE. LANCE, Stupid... here I come!!

EDIT

Oh and make yours longer like sammuthegreat said! I fully support your nuzlocke

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Thanks for the responses guys! Here's part 5, which would have really would have been in two parts otherwise.

Chapter 5: Crystal Clear
    Spoiler:

The update is longer, I wanted to get Falkner done aswell, but the update would be way to tiring for me to finish. I had to take a break mid-update to.

Anyways enjoy.

DefiningTheDecade

Years
  • Ugh, does anybody know any good grinding spots in FireRed between Erika and Koga/Sabrina? My Pokemon are in their 30s and I just got to Fushia...

Go with bicycle road the lowest level is 20 and highest is 29

I'm extremely mad that I don't have internet on my computer and have to use a 3g phone so it prevents me from actually posting any of my screenshots but I can proudly say that lance had bowed down to Lochness and the ice beam technique and secondly Stupid was absolutely petrified by Dream and his amazing ability to kill his Blastoise with a simple thunderbolt blowing out his candles with Hotheads fly on exeggutor. Does this mean I have rights to say I finally finished it or do I have to beat the elite 4 a second time??

Oh and I need to add my respects to the dead followers and a fellow teammate who did infact sacrifice his life against Stupid..

R.I.P.
    (In as much order as I can put it..)
    Rats! (Ratatta)
    Balboa(Mankey)
    T-Deaf(meaning tone deaf(Jigglypuff))
    Pinkspace(Clefairy)
    Overgrowth(Gloom)
    Tongue(Haunter)
    B.O.(Grimer)
    Rats! 2.0(Ratatta)
    Norris(Machoke)
    (Whoops got a little ahead of myself I forgot some before I note the final three)
    Spartan(Spearow)
    Headache(psyduck)
    Z Z Z(Drowzee)
    Technical(Eevee)
    9-11(Growlithe)

Last dieing few that were really close to my heart

Trooper(Onix)

Shiner(Shiny Venemoth)

And the last of late..

Jackie(Hitmonchan)

The replica Jackie Chan fighting his way through to Die at my hands in the midst of fighting his biggest weakness.. Flying type are no joke and I thought you could handle it.. I was wrong but you valiantly fight your way into one of the best Hitmonchans I have ever used..

R.I.P.

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Update 11:
    -After the tragedy in my last update, I decided that the best course of action I could take would be to try and regroup and capture as many pokémon as possible before taking on Sabrina in Saffron. So my immediate plan of attack was to catch some new pokémon.
    -Looking at the Routes available to me, the only Routes I had 'missed' so far were Route 13 and 14. Both required Cut to access them, which wasn't ideal. Route 19 to the South of Fuschia was an option, as was surfing to the Seafoam Islands... but that was it really before Saffron.
    -I decided I would have to bite the bullet, and taught Romulus Cut.
    -Headed to Route 14 for my first attempt at a capture, where I found a....
    -Venonat... okay not bad. Oh god damn it! After doing about a third damage with the first Cut, a crit on the second knocked the Venonat out. I really need to get better at this catching thing...
    -Oh well, can't be helped I guess.. onto Route 13 I guess...
    -Where I found an Oddish. Which I actually managed to catch! That's my first catch outside of the Safari Zone since the Rock Tunnel! Named Oddish Leaf II.
    -Unfortunately Leaf II went the same way as the original Leaf, and passed away after a Crit Faint Attack in a trainer battle. RIP
    -Collected the Super Rod and headed to Route 19. Started fishing, and found a...
    -Horsea... not great, but would have to do. Caught Horsea and named him Waterhorse.
    -Began surfing to the Seafoam Islands. I arrived without any problems, and encountered a...
    -Psyduck... okay. Called him headache and left Seafoam.
    -Next time. I head to Saffron...

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • slls, why don't you just grind some more? Later in the game, wild Pokemon are usually 10 levels below trainers, so its unsurprising they're dropping like flies. Get your team to level 40, get two or three more Pokemon on the remaining routes (wait, actually a lot more since it's FRLG and thus contains Sevii) and you should be fine. Or do you play with some kind of rule prohibiting that?

Yeah, I know I need to shut up since I'm having tons of death as well. Speaking of which, I still haven't started rebuilding after my proud team was reduced to nothing but a Gardevoir.
    I need 5 Pokemon, most of them are at level 30 or a little higher. My team was if I rmember correctly, at 45. That would be around 75 levels of grinding. And that is if there's no lower than 30 mons on the box I forgot... And my team got SLAYED, so I need even more levels... Aaargh, forgot what I said above.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
  • I started a nuzlocke on Fire Red.

Spoiler:

Team:
    Geode the Geodude Lv.20
    Wanda the Beedrill Lv.20
    Rayanna the Raticate Lv. 20
    Squiggles the Wartortle Lv.21

Was going to drop Wanda after I got something at rt. 24 or 25. Guess that isn't happening.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • THEY CONTAIN LANGUAGE AND MATURE SUBJECT MATTER YOU'VE BE WARNED
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NEW

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

FINALLY DONE! :D Thanks to everyone who read the comics read them all and please give feed back i had a lot of fun playing and making them :)

so yeah I finished the challenge :)

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I just started a Nuzlocke on my Emerald version!

Started with Mudkip named him Billy Mays
    beat May
    Caught a Poochyena on route 101 named it Tool Bandit
    I will continue to name all of my Pokemon after Billy Mays' advertised products

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

FINALLY DONE! :D Thanks to everyone who read the comics read them all and please give feed back i had a lot of fun playing and making them :)

so yeah I finished the challenge :)

Were you really the one who made them? I've read them before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back