• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
AdvancedK47 said:
I dare you to finish that sentence >__>

And Iris x Trip sounds disgusting :(

Why should I? You won't like the answer.

Basic.

TheSmartOne said:
Iris x Trip sounds disgusting because that's what they both are.

How are they both disgusting?

Nutella said:
You're a HATURR, GTFO~ (I really dislike Iris, so good on you!)

Same sorts of reasons men fantasise about women getting it on.

Hate is a strong word. I dislike that she didn't turn out to be the same young lady in the games.

I meant we as in boys and girls, not just us guys.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh~ I see, I see. I only watched one of the English episodes for a few seconds to listen to Dento's, as well as Chili and Cress' voices. I don't stick around, haha. Lucky I didn't. I guess they thought his catchphrase sounded "off" in English. IDK, if it were me, I'd keep it, or edit it to not sound off. It just didn't occur to them that cutting out one part makes others collapse. Silly, silly.
I only watch it so I can know what Pokemopolis is talking about. :P
But yeah. They should have left it. It was in English in the first place anyway...

How are they both disgusting?
Trip's hair looks like it would be greasy and Iris has Kibago poo in hers.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Why should I? You won't like the answer.

That's the entire point! Don't worry, they have a fan club to worship her if they feel down~

Hate is a strong word. I dislike that she didn't turn out to be the same young lady in the games.

I was mucking around, hence the bad spelling... Couldn't agree more, though.

Sound reasoning from a SmartOne. I think Trip is disgusting just on the merit he has a horrible name. TRIP?! Hrrmm.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
TheSmartOne said:

Interesting point. Darumaka trainers also have poo in their backpacks.

Nutella said:
I think Trip is disgusting just on the merit he has a horrible name. TRIP?! Hrrmm.

It's basic.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
It says in the Pokedex...

btw, Trip is inferior to Paul, kthnxbai. Actually, he has to be my least favourite of all of Ash's rivals. Perhaps because I've only watched dub episodes so far @~@ He just seems so bland compared to the rest of them.

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Ah, Trip, Trip, Trip. You know, when the BW series first started, I was willing to accept that cam ***** with all my heart. I was even willing to ship him with Ash right away and even vouched for a name for the shipping. I was determined that this would be my new OTP for the generation...

But...that didn't work out, obviously XD He's developing...but not quickly enough. I mean, I see potential in him, especially if he breaks down later due to a loss or something (because Arceus knows he's in DESPERATE need of an ego deflation). He's just kinda...boring and uninteresting right now. They didn't even play on his camera quirk that much (which could be used hilariously in terms of hinting he's a creepy stalker to Ash or something ;P)

Ooohh, did anyone see this AMV yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3cumK55Rk

I think it's a really good song for the relationship between Iris and Ash. I know that it's an anti-shipping song, but it's done pretty tastefully, in my opinion. I'll quote myself from the comments section:

"Awesome song for this shipping! I actually hope that this happens canonically; not because I don't like Iris or the shipping (quite the contrary, really), it'd just be really interesting character development for Iris...the moment of realization that she's not as mature as she'd like to be, and that Ash may know a few things."

I'm really disappointed at all the thumbs down though...it's a nice AMV; and I actually like anti-shipping vids (even for my favorite shippings) when they tell a story and make sense...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Wow, I've been so inactive in this thread lately. :(

Wow, I feel like an Amateur now. :(
Though, I have to agree, it works well with their relationship. [/QUOTE]

Iris x Trip sounds disgusting because that's what they both are.
Well it's perfect then, imo.

Ah yeah IrisXTrip does remind me of Ikarishipping now that you mentioned it.
As a big Ikarishipper - No, no, no, NO.

I really would like to see Concordia and Anthea in the anime, it would make me want to ship them even more.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
IrisxTrip is this generations DawnxPaul that's why as said not many people like it as much.

But...Paul x Dawn was extremely popular. Iris x Trip...isn't.

The pairing scheme may be similar (main girl and Ash's rival), but their personalities are a bit different. Dawn seemed as though she was annoyed at Paul to the point where she wanted to make SOMEWHAT of an impression on him (for instance, she was furious when Paul forgot her name, and in DP186, she was really persistent in trying to talk to him...and actually succeeded...although, their entire convo was about Ash, I digress.

Iris on the other hand seems pretty indifferent towards Trip. I don't think she'd bother at all to even try and understand the dude...he's just there...downing Ash all the time (which she does anyways, so it's not too special :P).

The only other thing that's similar is that the Rival in question does not care at all XD

EDIT: What the hell...did I actually try to defend Ikarishipping? x_x

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
"Awesome song for this shipping! I actually hope that this happens canonically; not because I don't like Iris or the shipping (quite the contrary, really), it'd just be really interesting character development for Iris...the moment of realization that she's not as mature as she'd like to be, and that Ash may know a few things."

GLAD YOU POSTED AGAIN, BRO! That would make her interesting, I would be forced to admit... however, I just want to watch her cry~ =)

Dawn x Paul: 555 fics
Iris x Trip: Just the one!

Yes, the night is young, and conclusive results can only come from when AFTER the Best Wishes anime is over, but given it being called "popular" I expected way more fics. Dawn x Paul marginally defeats even Dawn x Ash (515 fics)! In general, Iris is most popularly (and sadly) paired with Dent.

Nothing wrong with being logical!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
CommanderPigg said:
Dawn seemed as though she was annoyed at Paul to the point where she wanted to make SOMEWHAT of an impression on him (for instance, she was furious when Paul forgot her name, and in DP186, she was really persistent in trying to talk to him...and actually succeeded...although, their entire convo was about Ash, I digress.

I even liked how she imitated Paul's voice during the Sinnoh League.

Nutella said:
In general, Iris is most popularly (and sadly) paired with Dent.

Don't see how this is working out, but I'm not bothering to raise the issue.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016

The pairing scheme may be similar (main girl and Ash's rival), but their personalities are a bit different. Dawn seemed as though she was annoyed at Paul to the point where she wanted to make SOMEWHAT of an impression on him (for instance, she was furious when Paul forgot her name, and in DP186, she was really persistent in trying to talk to him...and actually succeeded...although, their entire convo was about Ash, I digress.

Iris on the other hand seems pretty indifferent towards Trip. I don't think she'd bother at all to even try and understand the dude...he's just there...downing Ash all the time (which she does anyways, so it's not too special :P).

The only other thing that's similar is that the Rival in question does not care at all XD

I just figured it was cuz that people were bored with that type of thing now :)

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Don't see how this is working out, but I'm not bothering to raise the issue.

You're way too clever. Have the spirit of flame wars! You may not raise the issue, but I will agree with you- I don't see why these two would be a match made in heaven. If you think Wishful is a OTP, you're retarded. =)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
If you like Pokemon, you're retarded.

Yup, Paul/Dawn and Trip/Iris would have way different relationships from each other. Ikari always seems to be about Paul being cold and dismissive towards Dawn and her looking for his approval. Iris doesn't seem like the sort of girl that would let that happen "You forgot my name? What a kid! *moves on with her life*"

Haha, Trip and Iris are united in their disapproval of Ash :P

You pretty much already said what I wanted to say, so...I'm pretty much just agreeing :<

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Nutella said:
Have the spirit of flame wars!

I'd rather not. I've had my fill of flame wars and I don't want to get dragged into one.

The only thing that is similar to Trip and Iris is that they both *dislike* Ash's mechanics.

Jorah said:
If you like Pokemon, you're retarded.

And that applies to everyone on this site, not just the thread.

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
You're way too clever. Have the spirit of flame wars! You may not raise the issue, but I will agree with you- I don't see why these two would be a match made in heaven. If you think Wishful is a OTP, you're retarded. =)
I feel retarded for not knowing what OTP means... That said, this discussion is boring since there is no heat. Don't get me wrong, I always hated pairing debates that turned into flame wars; but this passive thread makes me sleep. xD

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I feel retarded for not knowing what OTP means... That said, this discussion is boring since there is no heat. Don't get me wrong, I always hated pairing debates that turned into flame wars; but this passive thread makes me sleep. xD

OTP = One True Pairing

I don't hate flame wars at all. I think they're hilarious! Sometimes when things seem too civil, it's like I'm in a uni tutorial. I guess a bit of passion here and a bit of sarcasm there is interesting.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
From an outsider's view, I can see how flame wars are entertaining to watch.

No, it applies to everyone in the world.

That includes William & Kate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back