• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Heh, I would support Human and Pokémon marriage being legalised. I've always wanted to get married to a Stunfisk.

Brock x James is hilarious, I remember that episode whilst they were watching that contest and James hugged brock.
slash.gif
D'awwww...

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Ya I support Pikashipping only if Pikachu is female, honestly Im an open-minded person. For some reason, I really find Ash x Pokemon pairings to be interesting especially legendaries!

Ooh recovershipping eh, hmm now that I know that I may write a fanfic with it~ If anyone wants to know my fanfiction.net account its: xNamikazeKyuubix

Another pairing I find interesting is Ash x Melody, thought she looked quite beautiful for a girl her age. I think my mainshipping is still either Rayshipping or Pearlshipping for human/human while Altoshipping and Pikashipping for human/pokemon. Also what is Ash x Bayleef known as?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ash x Bayleef is called BodyslamShipping, I guess because it always bodyslams him. xD

You can use this site here for the incomplete list of shipping names. (It's also located in the References in the first post) Ctrl + F helps in firefox.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Oh thanks! ^^ I find Ash and Bayleef to be cute together as well, namely because of Bayleef's over enthusiastic attempts at garnering Ash's attention and affection.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Brock x James is hilarious, I remember that episode whilst they were watching that contest and James hugged brock.
slash.gif
D'awwww...
You know, that isn't even a disguise. Bets say he secretly knew it was James all along. <3

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Was scrolling through that shipping list when I came across something that reminded me I forgot to post another of my favourite couple. Ash x Zoroark, I became interested in this couple after the Zoroark movie!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Thanks for posting those screenshots. Yes that's exactly why I fell for Brock x James all over again.

Frostik said:
=( I'm sad now. Human/pokemon doesn't have to equal sex. It's cute, it's adorable, it's comforting.

You know, that isn't even a disguise. Bets say he secretly knew it was James all along. <3

When it comes to ships, it goes straight for that. That's what people want, what they think of relationships. It's sad, really.

lolz.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
Years
Is it? To my knowledge, Alto is Ash/Latias? I find them to be quite a sweet and cute couple and possibly one of the most possible Ash/Pokemon pairings due to Latias shapeshifting ability. The movie also had 'hints' of Latias growing affections towards Ash.

Also let's face it, based on all the seasons so far. I would confidently say that Ash has a higher rate of marrying a pokemon than an actual human female... His world revolves around pokemon, I bet he would jump for joy if Latias wanted to date him.
I know I would..

*gags* human x pokemon ewwww

Brock x James is adorable though. <3 It makes me rather sad that there isn't much out there for it. :/
I don't see how this is gross.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Shipping = Love. In the end, Love = Sex. Therefore, Shipping = Sex.

Nobody can deny it. You don't 'ship' a couple unless you can imagine their nightly activities (Not necessarily at their current age). Otherwise, you're just plushing over two characters at the same time.
Oh, that is bull. Not all kinds of romantic love equals sex. Seriously, it does not. Most, yes; it's how we happily survive. All? That's a very damn fine box you're not thinking outside of, if that's how you perceive sexuality. Incredibly naive, nice to know.

I 'ship Absol/Skuntank. I love imagining them being cute together, and having kits and being a family. Do I need to imagine how those kits got there? Hell no. I would rather not. Because as much as we see pokémon as more than animals (treating them like humans), that's what they still look like. People are uncomfortable imagining bestiality, or even sex between animals, but if they still claim they 'ship Pikashipping? =P Oh yes, they 'ship it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Shipping = Love. In the end, Love = Sex. Therefore, Shipping = Sex.

Nobody can deny it. You don't 'ship' a couple unless you can imagine their nightly activities (Not necessarily at their current age). Otherwise, you're just plushing over two characters at the same time.

The Infinite Wisdom and Philosophy of AdvancedK47

that's BS, love does NOT equal sex. Love and Sex are two different things. In fact some asexuals have fallen in love but they never desired sex, and some ppl only care about sex, and don't give a damn about romance. that proves your statement false

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ah, but first we must define what we mean by love.

Because naturally, attraction occurs because the biological objective of all organisms is to reproduce. Humans just have it more complex than it was millions of years ago.

... or maybe did I mean attraction? I can't seriously be implying that's its possible for N to love Touko? >__> Yes. I meant attraction, because one can love cupcakes, but one shouldn't have sex with cupcakes.

What was I on? weeeeee.... *edits*

Shipping was never about love, it was about pitting two people/pokemon/things/right hands together and claiming they are attracted to each other.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yes, attraction and love aren't the same thing...but I find Pikashipping cute, but that doesn't mean I want Ash and Pikachu to be sexually attracted o.O

You don't 'ship' a couple unless you can imagine their nightly activities

This was the part I found disturbing...XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
The mystical powers of Arceus shall turn all Pokemon into hot anthro females and then we can safely pair Ash with all of them, end of story!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't get why people find gijinka attractive. I mean really. And they're all portrayed as at least somewhat attractive, but mostly just sexy. Is it just me that finds this annoying?

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
It depends on how they are potrayed, some artists are extremely talented at gijinka and their potrayal of the characters are both accurate yet beautiful and sexy

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
So that we can actually support Human/Pokemon shippings, because they're bored, because they find it fun, because people requested it, because somebody asked themself 'what if I mix a human and a pokemon?' there are so many different reasons

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You can support a Pokemon/human shipping without the Pokemon being anthro. And most of what you listed is more answering "why did they come about" rather than "why are they appealing".

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Oh woops forgot about the second question! Well for me, Im just curious as to how a Pokemon would look like as a human(female since Im a guy). For other people it can be due to any other reason I guess... And so that Ash can reproduce with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back