• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I just recently got me first ever shiny, by breeding Squirtles using the Masuda method. Since shiny Blastoise looks pretty bad in my opinion, I will just keep it as a Squirtle. I am really proud of it though.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    Has anyone else here chained shiny Mightyena? I'm having trouble getting to 40, even though I've already read the guide thread. I've been chaining for a while and from chaining I have gotten shiny Beautifly and Oddish [now a Bellossom]. Does anyone have any tips on Mightyena in particular, since it's so rare?

Leo7507

~иєνєя єи∂ιиg нανσc~
    Years
    I'm so stupid >_< I found a brown Natu in the Safari Zone in Emerald, but I ran way cause I thought it was weird O.o My friend saw a Misdreavus but she had no Pokeballs :( I can't remember any shinies I've seen on Pokemon Diamond.. And my cousin has a red Aipom :P

Oh and I have a shiny Adamant Nature Lucario :D But I was wandering, what does it mean by "It likes to sleep" Or something on it's profile O_o

Last edited:

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
    i bet you will all be jealous of me when i tell you that the first Shiny i obtained was, yes a shiny bidoff, to this day i still have it in m y boxes. dont even bother pming me about tradeing it its NFT forever.

the second and last shiny i got was a shinx i know great right =p

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    Leo: That signals the IV of the Pokémon that is highest, but I don't know what IV is highest for that phrase.

As for me, I caught a shiny Mightyena, but it was male. I was looking for a female with Intimidate to replicate a shiny Poochyena I lost about two years ago.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    I've got this shinies:

Wild Encounter
    Dusknoir
    Tentacruel
    Magcargo
    Metagross
    Umbreon
    Pachirisu
    Bibarel
    Crobat
    Staraptor
    Delibird
    Pikachu

Soft-Reset
    Charizard
    Piplup
    Giratina
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Rotom
    Lucario
    Darkrai

Last Encountered:
    Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    sadly the only shiny i've ever gotten was the shiny gyarados in crystal....i suck at chaining, my longest chain being 15 machops and 15 ponyta's, and i also have terrible luck

RGS

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I caught my first ever shiny today. It was a Snubbull, though it is now a Granbull. If it was Faster maybe I'd use it, but Granbull is just really slow.

Mingo

Event hunter!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    im awful at getting shinies :( i chained for 50 turns and not once did i see a shiny :( and i have seen a shiny tangela in fire red but then i only had about 2 pokeballs to catch it and i didnt get it DX

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    I hatched a shiny lonely Absol two days ago with decent IVs and Super Luck, so I was ecstatic about that (note sig). Today I was EV training that same Absol by chaining the pokemon I needed to beat and I stumbled across a shiny Gastrodon. So I have two shinys now from the fourth gen.

Overall, I think I've caught four shinys: one Kakuna in Crystal, one Zubat in Leafgreen, and the Absol and Gastrodon.

Funny enough i caught a shiny caterpie in crystal within the first 5 mins of playing. my friend told me if i played with it, its shininess would wear off (and i believed her).

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    There are 2 more shinies I forgot to mention, A Raticate from Crystal (It died with my file RIP) and a Krabby trapped in Pokemon Naranja. yeah, I have rotten luck with shinies

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Here are my shinies they aren't much, but who cares
    Currentl all my Pokemon besides Foundette are in My Ranch

Legendaries:
    Phione:Diamond
    Darkrai:Diamond
    Regigigas:Diamond
    Cresilia:DIamond

Normal:
    Crobat:Diamond
    Gyrados:Crystal
    MetaGross:Emerald
    Oddish:FireRed
    Ditto:LeafGreen
    Wevile:Diamond
    Ryperior:DIamond
    Gallade:Diamond
    Rotom:Diamond
    Favorite

Foundette The level 100, Shiny, Female Turtwig
    Additional Info:
    Completely Ev'd
    No She is not Hacked
    She has won all contests
    She Has been trained for 1 year now
    Never lost a battle with her
    She has never fainted
    Beat the elite four with only her ^.^
    She was bred from my two Torrterras:
    Foundy: Lv. 100 Ev'd Starter
    Torty: lv 100 Not Ev'd Recieved in a trade
    She knows the following moves:
    Leaf Storm
    Solar Beam
    Sythesis
    Sunny Day

That's it for her

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Hey, I just started a new file on my Platinum today.

The first Pokemon I caught was at the Lakefront... It was a Lv. 2 shiny Starly. I was looking for a low level Starly and got really luck, I suppose.

Now, I shall begin my shiny hunting.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    WOAHMIGOD.

Shortly after exiting this thread, I just hatched a shiny Delibird via the Masuda Method in my Platinum! I didn't expect her so quickly! I recall hatching oodles (over 1000) Spinarak eggs in my Diamond and not getting a single shiny. Granted, I haven't gotten a single shiny in Platinum prior to this, so I'm pleasantly surprised. ^__^

Luckily enough, she popped out with a Modest nature, and has Hustle unfortunately, but the great nature and promisingly high-IV characteristic in the right place (mischevious) is good enough.

Pictures coming soon guys.

EDIT: Okay, scratch the picture part; mine came out horribly blurry. But anyways, here are her IVs:

22/23/5/31/22/12 (Speed last)

Not half bad. Not half bad at all. :)

Last edited:

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    i rock

i have a lv. 46 shiny golem

and a lv. 54 shiny darkrai

(i know they suck but i rock anyway)

Back