• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

2Blue4u

Red Doesn't Come Close
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    Shiny...
    Staravia, Wurmple, Breloom, Dratini, Charmander, Rotom, Gyarados (bred), Bronzor, Combee (female), Tentacool, Chimchar, Squirtle, Slowpoke, Pineco, Umbreon, Haunter, Gastly, Duskull... aw heck. I'm stopping there. I RNG it. ;) The Staravia was random encounter in Platinum, the Wurmple in Soulsilver. My first shiny was Hoothoot in Gold version, which I caught twice. After the first time, when I had beaten the game, my save file was corrupted. Then I found another shiny Hoothoot in the same place outside New Bark. Both times I had already obtained Poke balls.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I used to be part of a site like this back when my Wifi worked, so I have loads of shinies. I've only ever caught one not counting HGSS's Lake of Rage Gyarados - in Sapphire. It was a Poochyena, and about 5 years ago. xD

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i was chaining for a camerupt and i encountered a torkoal, didnt think much of it so i started to chain for torkoals because i was having a hard time with camerupt, like 3-4 torkoals later i saw a shiny patch of grass! it was a shiny female torkoal that ended up being lax so it was even better!

pretty happy about that but still want to get a shiny camerupt, i have chained to 37 and a weezing destroyed my progess... oh well.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • if you got the national dex you can use the radar to chain for one, or just use the quick trade thread and hope someone else will trade you one.

::EDIT::
    wow, no one else got a shiny in the last eight days?

I got a shiny graveler in victory road while trying to find my way through to the end. I named it nugget, and it says encountered at victory road, pretty epic

Last edited:

The Ice Type

HUGE Girlpowershipper <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    My first shiny ever was a shiny Igglybuff in my Crystal game. I got it from the egg the daycare man gives you on your way to Goldenrod City.

I regret starting my game over after that, but oh well. That game now has a near complete pokedex.

I have the red Gyrados and the shiny beats, but not much else in the way of shinies. Though my Platinum game has been blessed with the Pokerus virus.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
    Years
  • The only shiny I have captured (other than gyrados) was a shiny hoothoot in the safari zone on Platinum, it was a tense battle. Noctowl's shiny form sucks though, why so many green shinies???

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I have a female shiny Ponyta with a Gentle nature. My DS had low power, so caught it quickly and saved. About 2 seconds after I saved, it turned off automatically. Shinyta would have lost if I delayed just a moment longer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    I'm interested in chaining for a shiny Eevee but I'm having a tough time locating which area I would do so in.

Also, Shiny Roggenrola on a R/E yesterday :D

Last edited:

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    never ever ever ever ever ever ever in my life have i encountered a wild shiny pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    Just tried out the Masuda Method, and on the first night after less than a dozen hatchings, a Shiny Scyther was mine! Omg this is an awesome feeling! The nature is naughty, so at least the nature agrees with attack, but im not so sure about the IVs. I dont really care, because this guy is gonna be my best friend... forever lol. I'm gona EV train it and evolve it to a Shiny Scizor soon hahaha.

Oh crap its got Swarm... dang oh well...

What to do with a Shiny Swarm Scizor...?

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Today I caught my first ever random encounter shiny Pokémon! It's a male, adamant Ralts. I'm so excited. Shiny Gallade looks so cool, I can't wait!!!

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
  • My shinies? Well

- Lake Verity while using the Poke Rader (though I'm 99% sure it wasn't chained, 'cause I didn't know what chaining was back then.

- In the safari zone. I was scared it was going to run away :O

- Creepy coincidence. Both found in Eterna Forest (as Wurmple). Beautifly was female, Wurmple was male. Both found on pearl version (but different save files). What's more, the second was in a double battle with Cheryl . . . she nearly ko'd it :O

- Pidgey was caught at route 29 while I was EV'ing scyther; Gastly was caught at Sprout Tower while EV'ing chinchou . . . both in the same day.

I still haven't found anything in white yet :C

Censen.Morris

Sceptile is my Homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    Long ago, when I was playing my pokemon emerald...

I didn't know shinies existed.

It was the glory days of the GameShark in my life.

I was at my friend's house showing him how when I press L + R + A a wild Deoxys appears. I find a plain old, regular Deoxys. Nothing special. I run from it. He scolds me for running because he wants one. I apologize and press the buttons again. Another wild Deoxys appears, except this time, it's YELLOW! OMGWTF!

I immediately catch it with one of my 99 masterballs.

I would still have it, but some kid stole my game and sold it on eBay.

For $60. -.-

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I found a FEMALE SHINY PIDGEY ON MY FIRERE. :D One of my dream shinies!

Shine already!

Back