• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Samoo

GPX+ Fan ~ Click The Eggs :]
    Years
    First shiny was in Emerald, which was a Shiny Elektrike under Cycling Road.

In D/P I found a Shiny Buizel and Shiny Magnemite :D

in Soul Silver I haven't found a Shiny yet :(

Years
    Shiny

I have a shiny Golem and a Victoreebell. i bought a used game with a level 100 shiny wobafet. i try the poke radar chain all the time but it never produces a shiny for me, although i think my biggest chain is 19. any advice peoples?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well two days ago I bred a shiny timid Abra by abusing the PRNG, and earlier this morning I bred a shiny timid Togepi :D I love abusing the game's PRNG.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    In the first file I had in HeartGold I found a Shiny Rattata... Didn't really like it so traded it.
    Oh, and I did find a Shiny Zigzagoon before on Saphire. Again, I didn't really like it...

I'm still on the hunt for a good shiny (preferably Stunky) so I'm learning how to chain.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In the first file I had in HeartGold I found a Shiny Rattata... Didn't really like it so traded it.
    Oh, and I did find a Shiny Zigzagoon before on Saphire. Again, I didn't really like it...

I'm still on the hunt for a good shiny (preferably Stunky) so I'm learning how to chain.

An easier way to get shinies is to abuse the PRNG

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    i only got 4 shinies,
    Voltorb, 2 magnemites and a machop.
    the first 3 were chaining.
    the machap was a random encounter which wouldve broken my chain of 3.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    What is PRNG, never heard of it.

And i never seem to get past 10 by chaining... It's so HARD!!!!!:cer_cry:

It stands for pseudo random number generator and people have figured out how the game generates "random" numbers that decide many factors of the game - everything from how npcs move to weather or not your pokemon is shiny. So you can basically choose every detail of a pokemon then follow a series of steps to get that pokemon.

mrkman55

The Pokemon Masters Tourney!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    The 2 shinies I caught myself were a Golbat and a Wingull (both flying types...interesting)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Recently I've abused the PRNG to get a Timid Shiny Abra, Timid Shiny Togepi, and a Modest Shiny Oddish. My text target is a Modest Shiny Slugma :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    This morning I hatched a shiny Porygon, Taillow, Weedle, and I think that's all. I forget haha.

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    I've been chaining all week long and have caught some good shinies. I evolved most of them already so now my three favorites are Gallade, Aggron, and Dusknoir. Three of the few shinies I caught. Btw my highest chain is 61. :) This just happened I was starting a chain in the Trophy garden and the first patch I went into was a shiny roselia! Which is freakin awesome!

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just hatched me a Shiny Sandshrew using RNG. And as I started typing this I ran into a Shiny Fearow! Too bad this is my second one and I don't like evolved shinnies... D: Still pretty excited! I didn't even abuse RNG for this one!! Next RNG target- Shiny Koffing

Bedazzled

Master of magikarp
    Years
    I don't have any shinies. v.v I accidently killed a shiny female hippopotas a little while ago, but imma go shiny magikarp/goldeen/rare anything searching. while leveling up my snover and dragonair. 8D

Back