• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
  • I've been using a Japanese Ditto for all my breeding since I first started breeding Pokémon on Diamond, but I'm just now sitting down and specifically trying to breed a shiny. This is going to take a while, isn't it? :/
    You're still looking at a 1/2048 chance of hatching a shiny, which isn't as bad as 1/8192 but it's still up there. I'm trying to Masuda a shiny Feebas and I'm getting reeeeeally tired of eggs.

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • i just cathed my shiny regigigas lvl 1 in platinum after 1500 soft resets
    ( my first soft reseted shiny ^^)

RalfJR

Normal-type user!
    Years
  • Caught an shiny tentacool and the gyarados...chaining a floatzel shinx x2 and magnemite and i got an shiny ambipom form a friend..

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I got my first shiny in Crystal, a Paras.

I currently have two in SS. A Vulpix, which I intend to evolve, and a Geodude which I will also evolve.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Bump

I have a shiny Illumise I caught in Emerald while trying to get a Volbeat (darn game says it lives there but I don't believe it)
    and both a shiny Meditite and Sealeo in Pearl on a bus during a field trip at school (they let us bring electronics yay!)(and on the SAME DAY too!)

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • I just acquired a shiny charmander on Leaf_green by soft-resetting. Soooooooooo excited. Jolly nature, which I wanted for speed. Im transferring it to my Platinum version.

I was bored and put my leaf-green in to kill some time. I got it in under 5 resets. XD I almost peed myself.

Last edited:

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
  • I've only caught one, which was a shiny Spinda in Sapphire. I saw a shiny Shroomish, but I didn't have anything to catch it with. TT__TT

The game was stolen before I could transfer it to my other games.

Fail.

eric402

Gimp Artist :D
    Years
  • My shiny Garadose Encounter(the red one)

I Have about 32 Sinys On platinum at the moment,5 On soul silver and
    a WHOPPING 132 On diamond.
    Dont ask
    So I was determined to get a shiny that i always wanted.
    Its not common
    And it is NOT a legendary.
    I have all shiny legendarys(again dont ask)
    Garadose Or whatever..
    The red one.
    And i finally got it on accident.
    I was running around in wild grass Just hoping for a shiny.
    There was a little pond nearbye and i decided to hop onto my quasquire and surf.
    So a wild pokemon Comes.
    This made me mad Until I realized it was a shiny Garadose
    "O MAH GAWD" I thought
    Go Giratina!!!!!
    I had to be REALY careful about which moves to pick,Considering The fact that its my fav pokemon and has a fancy Ball capsule and stuffz.
    so it would typicly be lvl 100
    and it is,So i had to be really careful About which move i pciked.
    Then my sister disturbed me,and i choose Shadow force.
    Whoops.
    I got insanly lucky for two reasons:
    1.I had a spare dive ball
    2.I chipped off 99% of its hp,but it was still alive.
    ":D" I thought
    I threw my diveball and,it didnt work..?
    I Couldnt Belive that it failed.
    I was out of diveballs now and The stupid thing was chipping of giratinas hp
    That made meh sad :(
    I threw like 15 pokeballs,And they all Failed
    Then somthing wierd happened.
    I tried to through a heal ball when i accidetnyl pressed dusk ball.
    And it worked....
    and the diveball didnt...
    But It went to the pc,and i Gawt My Shiny.
    woot.
    Sorry i use enter so much,
    It makes me sound Cool.
    I was so pleased with my shiny i put it in 1 of 16 of my cherish balls
    DO NOT ASK
    My Freinds Dads Cousin Works for nintendo.
    so yah

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
  • Masuda Method STRIKES AGAIN!

Well here we have it...
    This time 3 weeks ago, I started my journey for a charmander...

Couple of sleepless nights, untill I hit 11 boxes. Then I thought well either somethings not right or im just gettin unlucky. so I took a trip down to the GTS to see if anyones offering a Japanese Ditto few minutes later I fly back to solaceon town with a fresh Japanese pokemon =) I put it in the day care centre. Jump back on my bike and continue with my journey.

Finished 3 boxes with the Japanese Ditto and move onto my 4th box. Do 20 more charmanders in that box. Then decides to have a bath and a break before carrying on with the task haha (sorry im telling you my life story but arr well) anyways, I get out the bath get my easter egg out have a ciggy and stick some TV on. Picks the Nintendo back up and refills his 5 eggs
    5 mins later gets down to the last egg hatches it but I put the Ds back down while I went to get a drink I came back to be the BRAND NEW OWNER OF A SHINY CHARMANDER =) its finally shined after 445 eggs or somthing around them lines, It has mischevious characteristics which is amazingly lucky. I mean lets hope for that 31 IV in Spe.Attack but has a relaxed nature. Not to bad really but all in all Im probz the happiest pokemon player in the world right now

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • I am glad that you got your shiny charmander Woody. I am currently soft resetting my leaf green for yet another shiny charmander. I am making a team with three of the pokemon as Charizards.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I have 4 Shiny in Platinum, 2 in Diamond, and 3 in Soul Silver.

Platinum: Infernape (****in' ass Shiny Chimchar!), Lucario from Riolu Egg, Carnivine, and a Corsola.
    Diamond: Bidoof (still Lv. 3, founded the first time I've played the game!), Giratina.
    Soul Silver: Gyarados (Lake of Rage :D), Pidgeot, and Tentacruel.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • Chained eevee, which I thought would be the hardest pokemon to chain ever, and got four shiny males. I wanted females, but the natures are perfect for training.

mystic_flygon

HG/SS Avid Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Hey, anyone here caught a shiny missingno.?? If there is one, what color is it??

Oh yeah, i caught a shiny mewtwo and its green =)

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    I've only found one shiny pokemon as i stopped playing my other versions and it was a shiny Bold Mareep (Random).

Back