• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
    Err, I believe somewhere in the text it the Butler tells Mr.Backlot that the Pokemon he just said doesnt appear in the garden. So the butler quickly runs out to put the said Pokemon into the garden so you would encounter it. Also, I feel this thread is getting nowhere.
    The butler puts them out there!!! Geez, why didn't I think of that? Thanks!!!

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    idk but, once, I was ev training in there and I went into the 'eye room' to find Gengars as well to enhance my training and then one time, there was this little girl next door. I was like OMG, wtf is going on?! and I posted a retarded video on YouTube rofl. I later found out about the old guy and that neither of them did anything. And I doubt it matters but just thinking about how Rotom fits in, if you spell Rotom backwards, it makes Motor and btw, can anyone explain why it's called Rotom? Maybe it really is Motor backwards?

Maybe it's supposed to be Zotob. That was a computer virus/worm.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
    I wouldn't know any theories about this place let alone make up ones as silly as I have read.. I'm just assuming its a strange mansion with no real story behind it..

I'll give credit to people who think that Backlot is strange and that his staff are really weird.. that's a given.

And is it just me, or is Rotom one of those abysmal, horribly designed pokemon that Nintendo try to squeeze some importance out of by placing them in a high priority situation? (eg. drifloon?) To be honest, I have no real ambition to catch it, I'm battling it right now and I'm starting to think it's not worth it..

Oh well. I'll respect that people have imaginations, but it really is a bit silly that this thread's been going 28 pages..

Last edited:

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    I still think that old chateu is of at least a LITTLE importance. I hope they cover it further in the anime and in the emerald of D/P. ^^

1) who really cares if its of little importance, its fun reading/making up these theroes
    2) They just past of the chatue in the anime, didn't really cover it that much

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    why do they make it so you have to get the ntl dex to get rotom anyway? hes lvl 15 and hes not even legendary, put him in the daycare with ditto, you can breed him, rotom would be an excellant addition two your team at the point in the game where you pass there.

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    well... the proof that its a haunted house:
    1. The ghost POKèMON
    2. The ghost people
    3. The trees! they r still green!
    4. the beds...they arents full of dust, neither are the bookcases
    5. how can the books in the bookcases b like any other POKèMON books in any other bookcase! pokemon magasines! the people that own the 50-year old magasines, must like antiques and old books lol...
    6. The red glowing eyes in the picture.
    7. AFTER u catch Rotom it still says the TV is staring at u! (or summit like dat)
    8. how can the fridge look like the modern fridge in anyones house! i'm not even sure if they had fridges then!
    9. the statue which "stares at you!", pluss: its not dusty!
    10. did they have such clocks at that time?
    11. the beds... not dusty...THEY ARE CLEAN!!!!
    12. Da bins, like any other bins in a normal house...dous'nt the nintendo people make da virtual people a bit more fashioned!?
    13. (unlucky number) wats a tv got 2 do in a 50 year old house??????
    14. i just needed this number (12, 13, 14) what the #¤&¤ does a modern sink have 2 do in here!!!????

thats all, thank u for ur attention
    PS: ur getting a little off-topic ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    You can't. It's just a picture. But! if you run around in that room, you might find some Gengars. ^_^

Yeah, but you need to have Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen or FireRed inserted to your Game Boy slot. Otherwise, you'll just find Gastly's.

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    why do they make it so you have to get the ntl dex to get rotom anyway? hes lvl 15 and hes not even legendary, put him in the daycare with ditto, you can breed him, rotom would be an excellant addition two your team at the point in the game where you pass there.

You can't catch him there. (at that time.) You can only catch him after you beat the E4 and get the National Dex.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Motor may be right...but I have an idea, the last part could be photon, but spelt with an 'm', instead, and the 'Ro' could be robot, because it looks (kind of) like R.O.B.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's Japanese Name is Rotom, also (Actually, it can be translated as Rotomu)

It's based after an old Gamefreak game for Sega Genesis called Pulseman (Made in 1994 before Nintendo owned GF)

Look HERE.

Also, the Japnanese Name for Volt Tackle is Volteccer, Pulseman's Signature Move. In SSBB, Pikachu's Volt Tackle looks EXACTLY Like Pulseman's Volteccer.

absol_master

Call me Tygar!
    Years
    yea when i saw the butler ghost i was having a sleepover and told my friends there are ghosts in my game they didnt belive me on the 3rd try but on the 5th it happend and every one screamed thinking he was going to throw knives at us

joey7891

Waterbending Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Err, I believe somewhere in the text it the Butler tells Mr.Backlot that the Pokemon he just said doesnt appear in the garden. So the butler quickly runs out to put the said Pokemon into the garden so you would encounter it. Also, I feel this thread is getting nowhere.

ive encountered eevee's before i talked to Backlot and he tells me that there'res eevee's

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back