• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2008
    A movie would be amazing! But they've already done movies with the two most likely pokemon that could be attached: Darkrai and Giratina

I think that the third 4th gen game will have the missing peices of the puzzle! :)

P.S: Welcome to pokecommunity! :D

That is True but it would be nice to know about Rotom and the old Chateau however its spelt Would be interesting to actually know the past and what happened to it and how it got that way :P

Thanks For teh Welcome ^^

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I'm thinking they'll have a hidden area or trapdoor in the third game with a large area containing giratina in the end, might be before national might be a bonus quest with turnback cave having a different poke at the end(Maybe Dusknoir in his place) or just a reaper cloth

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • I don't have a theory for the mystery but I found a few things that people said in early posts to make no sense:
    1) Someone said "If the Old Man and Girl were poisoned, why didn't they use the Old Gateau?"
    Answer: The chef probably hid it(I'm goig on the first post's theory). Plus, it's for Pokémon to use.

2) "The girl used theTM--, Substitute."
    Answer: Well she may have. But, if she did, she had more than 1. TMs are 1 use only. Plus, unless she had Pokémon DNA or something, it wouldn't have worked for her because she was human.

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    I have a theory. A pretty detailed one, too. Note that whenever I mention the dead girl, she is probably alive at the moment.

Rotom was the family's Pokémon. It was an ancient pokémon. Giratina created it. The family found it before Giratina had the chance to make another one, so no more were created. However, Rotom had "flaws." It was evil, but cunning. The family moved into the mansion. They consisted of a mom, dad, butler, and triplet sisters. The 3 sisters were Fantina, Gardenia, and the dead girl ghost. The girls hung out with Mr. Backlot as best friends. The family was mainly French, so it was a household language. Gardenia and the dead girl never liked the language, so they never spoke it. That is exactly why Fantina cannot decide whether to speak to you in English or French. Anyway, the Rotom loved electrical items, and the most powerful in the house was the TV. It spent all night sleeping in there. At day, it would haunt everyone, or it would imbue its Ghost powers into other objects to see the results. One day, the Rotom was about to possess one of the statues in the front of the mansion while Mr. Backlot is over at their house, and it accidentally possesses the dead girl. She goes on a killing spree, and tries to murder her sisters and Mr. Backlot, but instead, the butler gives his life for Fantina and Gardenia. Rotom takes himself out of the girl. The dead girl realizes what she has done, so she tries to start a new life. She uses TM50 on herself. It only works because a part of Rotom is still in her, but it still is useable because it was used on a human. She then knows Substitute, so she poisons her counterpart to give the illusion that she's dead. The dead substitute aimlessly wanders the house for eternity along with the butler. The real girl escapes. She is Cheryl in Eterna Forest, scared to go back to the Old Chateau. That's why Gardenia and Cheryl look somewhat alike(green hair, at least). The family abandons the mansion and the Pokémon. Gardenia raises Grass and Poison type pokémon to figure a cure for the poison of her sister, but she keeps the types after it is way too late. She concocts the Old Gateau years later and places it in the mansion to honor her "dead" sister. Fantina raises Ghost pokémon since it has a type strength against Giratina(dark types don't work because of the dragon part), and she wants to defeat it for what happened to the family. Cheryl raises Chansey bacause it is supposed to be lucky, and she doesn't want another situation like the one that happened long ago. Mr. Backlot wants to forget about his friends, but he takes the statue that was going to be possesed back to his mansion and instructs everyone not to touch it because it might release Rotom.

That pretty much explains everything sensible that deals with the Old Chateau. Any suggestions, ideas, or comments will help, and I'll edit it.

wiccanmaid

breeding lover
    Years
  • Ok personally I have a Feeling that if any of the people in the game had lived there once It probably may have been fantina. heres why I think this:
    1. the windows are purple when you are in front of the hose at night seems to be fantina's favorite color.
    2. It's called the old chateau and fantina is french.
    3. all of fantina's pokemon are in the nearby vicinty (driftloon- wind works, misdrevus- the forest, gengar- the house)
    4. fantins seems to be a seemingly older person maybe in her late 40's or early 50's.
    5. fantina dresses in a ballgown (yes she loves contests) suitable for the rich family life style
    6. fantina loves ghosts

And just a different lead than the fantina one doesn't it seem odd that in the room with the creepy painting in it has the same poster in it as the one used only in the rooms of the main characters being lucas/dawn, your rival, and yourself?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I have a theory. A pretty detailed one, too. Note that whenever I mention the dead girl, she is probably alive at the moment.

Rotom was the family's Pokémon. It was an ancient pokémon. Giratina created it. The family found it before Giratina had the chance to make another one, so no more were created. However, Rotom had "flaws." It was evil, but cunning. The family moved into the mansion. They consisted of a mom, dad, butler, and triplet sisters. The 3 sisters were Fantina, Gardenia, and the dead girl ghost. The girls hung out with Mr. Backlot as best friends. The family was mainly French, so it was a household language. Gardenia and the dead girl never liked the language, so they never spoke it. That is exactly why Fantina cannot decide whether to speak to you in English or French. Anyway, the Rotom loved electrical items, and the most powerful in the house was the TV. It spent all night sleeping in there. At day, it would haunt everyone, or it would imbue its Ghost powers into other objects to see the results. One day, the Rotom was about to possess one of the statues in the front of the mansion while Mr. Backlot is over at their house, and it accidentally possesses the dead girl. She goes on a killing spree, and tries to murder her sisters and Mr. Backlot, but instead, the butler gives his life for Fantina and Gardenia. Rotom takes himself out of the girl. The dead girl realizes what she has done, so she tries to start a new life. She uses TM50 on herself. It only works because a part of Rotom is still in her, but it still is useable because it was used on a human. She then knows Substitute, so she poisons her counterpart to give the illusion that she's dead. The dead substitute aimlessly wanders the house for eternity along with the butler. The real girl escapes. She is Cheryl in Eterna Forest, scared to go back to the Old Chateau. That's why Gardenia and Cheryl look somewhat alike(green hair, at least). The family abandons the mansion and the Pokémon. Gardenia raises Grass and Poison type pokémon to figure a cure for the poison of her sister, but she keeps the types after it is way too late. She concocts the Old Gateau years later and places it in the mansion to honor her "dead" sister. Fantina raises Ghost pokémon since it has a type strength against Giratina(dark types don't work because of the dragon part), and she wants to defeat it for what happened to the family. Cheryl raises Chansey bacause it is supposed to be lucky, and she doesn't want another situation like the one that happened long ago. Mr. Backlot wants to forget about his friends, but he takes the statue that was going to be possesed back to his mansion and instructs everyone not to touch it because it might release Rotom.

That pretty much explains everything sensible that deals with the Old Chateau. Any suggestions, ideas, or comments will help, and I'll edit it.

Interesting theory, but Fantina seems too old to be sisters with the other two. And Gardenia has brown and black hair, not green. I don't think this really helps, but if she made the Old Gateau after the death, then the gateau wouldn't be old back then.

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Interesting theory, but Fantina seems too old to be sisters with the other two. And Gardenia has brown and black hair, not green. I don't think this really helps, but if she made the Old Gateau after the death, then the gateau wouldn't be old back then.
    The Old Gateau is the person that picks it up's description of the item. None of us would have any idea if it was old or not. And, plus, it is old, I never said she made it yesterday.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I really dont think there are any mysteries behind this place. Its just for spooks, the ghosts are

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Thet had no mansions i believe, im jst saying that that thing is old maybe the mansion travels O.o Oh and that ting on it doesnt look like any pokemon

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • it acually reminds me of a ryhorn. The ones in Kanto did too, but it probably makes no differance anyway.
    It could be the same achritect though, or even the same owner.
    The one in Cinnabar his winter home and the one in Eterna his summer home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back