• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    Thanks for giving me my Pokémons.
    But since i was given 5 instead of 4, i will just use 5 :D

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Name: bwburke94
    In-game name: Red
    Version: FireRed
    Number of Pokémon: 6.
    Notes: My run will include the Elite Four rematch as well.
    Restrictions (to prevent mono-ghost Gastly and similar junk):

• As there are no spots in the party for HM slaves, Bulbasaur (Cut/Strength/Flash/Rock Smash) and Dragonite (Fly/Surf/Waterfall) are required.
    • The HM slaves should be assigned four level-up moves (Dragonite is allowed a TM it can learn as a Dragonair) because some HMs can not be obtained until late into the game.
    • This might be considered cheating, but considering that there aren't many people posting here, I feel I need to pick four of my mons to make this go faster. I am giving myself Pikachu, Nidoking, and the HM slaves. My personal restrictions for those four mons are listed below.
    • All mons except Bulbasaur must be able to directly damage all other mons from the first three generations with at least one attack from their final moveset. For the purposes of this rule, Shedinja is ignored.
    • Starting with Misty, I must have the same number of mons in my party as the opposing Gym Leader. Also, there can not be any participation restrictions for Gym Leaders or the Elite Four.
    • No evolution restrictions or forced evolutions.
    • The following Pokémon and their pre-evolutions are banned due to being too weak and/or overused in scrambles: Charizard, Blastoise, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Raticate, Fearow, Nidoqueen, Golbat, Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, Farfetch'd, Onix, Electrode, Chansey, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Ditto, Porygon, and Snorlax. Pokémon not available in Generation III Kanto pre-National Dex are also banned for obvious reasons.
    • No nicknames.
    • No negative-effect or useless held items, and no berries.
    • No trades, which means no Gengar.
    My team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    Name:Doctor Who
    In-Game Name: Duchess
    Pokemon: 6
    Game: LeafGreen
    Restriction: Cannot trade/hack for others.

--

bwburke - Have an Ekans that HAS to have two non-offensive moves at all times.

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    bwburke- Your bulbasaur gets sleep powder and Sludge Bomb OR Toxic. cant have both.

Doctor Who (I love that show) - You get a Fearow. Must capture at Route 4. Must solo the first three Sevii Islands. Can't learn aerial ace, and must get steel wing. hard enough?

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    Hokay, good thing I love Fearows ^^; And yes, Doctor Who is amazing <3

One thing though, what do you mean with solo through sevii islands (I haven't played leafgreen in a looong time)

Spoiler:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Since there was no specification on whether Ekans was allowed to evolve, I am allowed to evolve it. The question is, can I catch it already evolved into Arbok, since it would follow the two non-offensive move restriction?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Name: HGLover
    Game Name: Red
    Game: Heartgold
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Only pokemon found in heartgold before kanto. Only restrictions in moves and when pokemon can evolve.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    @HGLover Take a Hoothoot. It has to learn and keep Hypnosis until the 6th Gym Leader. Then you must teach it the next move it learns. You must evolve it after defeating Whitney(Straight after defeating her!), and if it isn't high enough level to evolve, you must grind it until it does evolve.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    HGlover, take Spiky-Eared Pichu. Cannot be caught until after Chuck is defeated, and can only know Electric moves. Nickname must be MESEP. If necessary, you can hack for the required shiny Pichu.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Okay, spiky-ear and hoothoot. I'll just make my own challenges now:
    Cyndaquil that has to always know smokescreen and can only evolve after the 2nd gym.
    Togetic that can only use metronome as an attack, and must delete all its other moves after getting to blackthorn city.
    Hmm... I can't think of anything else, so I'll need help for the rest.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    this seems fun :)

NAME: the : D
    IN-GAME NAME: RED
    GAME: a LeafGreen ROM
    PARTY NUMBER: 6 lal, no less.
    RESTRICTIONS: I mean, I would be okay with it if you let me have a heracross.. but other than that, none. and also, no trades. can't with ROMs, never learned how :/

HGlover, have yourself a poliwag, which you can only evolve into a poliwhirl after soloing the bug-type gym, and into a polywrath after (sorry lol) the steel-type gym.

Doctor Who (lol'd at how : Doctor turned into :Doctor), have yourself a zubat. can only become golbat, after, lets say level 35. crobat after giovanni, no further. can NOT have fly, and must have only one STAB move. also must stick with leech life all its career, only can be forgotten after you defeat blue/your rival at the E4.

Last edited:

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    @the : D Take a Butterfree. It must always know the three powders and must be taught Return as soon as you get the TM.

@HGLover Take a Furret. Must learn all of the elemental punches and Rest and must evolve before conquering the Union Cave.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2015
    the : D: Have a Numel. It must have 4 attacking moves, one of which is ember.

HGLover: Use Pinsir, and it must have guillotine.

Anyway:

Name: Pokemon373
    Version: FireRed
    In-game name: Silver
    Number of Pokémon: 4
    Restrictions: Fully Evolved.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    pokemon373 - um, have something like a... metagross. yes, I'm being nice. BUT-BUT-BUT it needs to have only special moves except earthquake which it must learn as soon as you get the TM for it.

so, I've got -
    BUTERFREE
    -sleep powder
    -poisonpower
    -the paralyzing powder
    and anything else goes here.

and also,
    NUMEL
    -ember
    -attacking move
    -attacking move
    -attacking move

seems pretty weak. meh. but may get better?

still need 4 moar.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2015
    Ok... Have yourself a HERACROSS!
    But...
    You must either keep leer for the whole game, or not be able to use TM/HM's on it.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    My team is set!

Pokémon373, you get Voltorb/Electrode. Must be the highest-leveled mon in your party at all times starting with the first gym battle after it is obtained, must hold a Choice Band (if you cannot trade with an Emerald, must hold a Quick Claw instead) and cannot evolve until after Blaine is defeated. Must solo Giovanni at least once.

The D, you get an Charmander! Must be named MISSINGNO. (including the period) and also must be female; soft reset until you get a female Charmander. Cannot learn Metal Claw unless forced to, must solo the first three Gym Leaders and the first three rival battles including the one on Route 22. Cannot evolve into Charmeleon until all eight badges are obtained. Cannot evolve into Charizard until Lance is defeated for the first time, and cannot be the first non-fainted member of your party in any subsequent battles. Must KO your rival's Blastoise with Blast Burn; since it cannot learn Blast Burn until it is fully evolved, you must intentionally lose the first attempt at the champion battle!

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2015
    All right, my team so far:-

1. Metagross

1. Earthquake (When I get TM)
    2. Special Move
    3. Special Move
    4. Special Move

2. Electrode @ Quick Claw
    (Highest Level in party from first gym after it's captured,
    Cannot evolve (Voltorb) until Blaine is defeated.
    Must Solo Giovanni (8th Gym)

3. Snorlax (Pidgeot) @ Sharp Beak

1. Featherdance
    2. Random Move
    3. Random Move
    4. Random Move

1 more.

Last edited:
    Back