• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Nope, everyone is full, metscolts... except you!!!

Take a Bronzong who must have one Psychic move, one Steel Move, and two to counter his weakness. If he has the heatproof ability, he is weak to ground, so you must have two attacks that can hit pure Ground types for super effective damage. If you have the Levitate ability, you are weak to Fire, and must have two attacks that can hit pure Fire types for super effective damage.

In other news... PROGRESS

I did a last minute switch to Yellow, because then I can get a Mankey really early in the game. Caught a Mankey and my Pikachu. Pikachu eventually learned Quick Attack over Thundershock, making him legal. Mankey grew to 15 and learned Karate Chop, which was Normal back in the days. He beat Brock with its super Critical Hit powers. I then realized how useless Pikachu is going to be... He can only learn Normal moves (except Thunderwave) and thus, he will probably just be bringing up the rear of my team, never contributing anything. I mean, right now, I have a level 20 Mankey and a level 11 Pikachu... Tsk tsk.

Misty and Lt. Surge were easy enough with Mankey, who evolved on the SS Anne. Btw, I have charmander as my cut slave for now. I'm going to ditch him when I catch a Farfetch'd, who will be cut-fly, and Lapras will be Surf (Primeape Strength).

After arriving in Celadon City, I quickly obtained a Doduo. In the shopping mart, I bought one of every drink, and saved the water for the guard, nabbing Rock Slide and Tri Attack, which went to Primeape and Doduo, respectively. Doduo only knows Peck and Tri Attack as moves of importance, and Primeape knows TBolt, Dig, Rock Slide, and Karate Chop. Doduo learned Drill Peck and Evolved in the Fighting Dojo, and then made fast work of Erika.

1/2 of game done today, time to stop for now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    My Team
    - Chimecho shockwave, 1 psychic, 2 normal
    - Bronzong 1 steel, 1 psychic, and 2 against his weakness( fire or ground )
    - Clamperl only learn Attract, Swagger, Iron Defense, Confuse Ray, Toxic, Surf/ Waterfall
    - Gengar Can only use curse above half HP.
    - Skarmory 2HM, 1TM, and 1 level up move
    - Qwilfish- has to know destiny bound

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    Metscolts - you get a Clamperl that can only know a selection of the following moves: Attract, Toxic, Swagger, Iron Defense, Confuse Ray, Waterfall/Surf.
    You may evolve it if you can/want to, but it can still only learn those moves. It can't know both Surf and Waterfall at the same time.

That should be fun ^^

@ComiTurtle - Aipom doesn't have to know Scratch, no.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    metscolts you can have a gengar family that must use curse everytime it's higher than half hp. don't have to take it if you think this is too evil.

Also can I grind my machop outside of gyms/trainer battles without the thunder,ice,fire punch?

Just been trying to sweep through game with my team although is a little tricky. Dominated first 2 gyms. Once in goldenrod machop learned thunder,ice,fire punch, made me broke so i had to get lucky against third gym (cant think of her name). Failed twice, finally hoothoot's hypnosis lasted 5+ turns for girafarig to easily confuse it to death. Teddiursa learned attract, she is also female. Morty was a joke with the team I have, girafarig 1hko everything. Luckily as hoothoot was lvl 20 I found a wild noctowl and won so I could evovle. Nothing tough in the next gyms. 6 badges. I think red will be the only hard part of challenge. I could breed an amnesia/baton pass girafarig and let go of the one I have now to dominate but I think I'll be ok.

Level 28 Teddiursa : Cut (best STAB lol), attract, lick, faint atk
    Level 29 Noctowl: Fly, Hypnosis, Reflect, Peck
    Level 32 Machoke : Focus Energy (never used) Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch
    Level 30 Girafarig : Confusion, Growl, Baton Pass, Agility (one lvl from psybeam i think)

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    First update! Finally:
    Spoiler:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Name: Domin-8
    Game Name: Corey
    Game: FireRed
    Number of Pokemon: 3
    Restrictions: Any stage. No DERP pokemon. Otherwise shoot. Oh no trading either

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    Domin8
    First pokemon is a Bulbasaur that can only have 2 grass moves and 1 posion move. Also, it can only evolve after you have beaten the 2nd gym.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Name: Dark Sceptile
    Game Name: Scepy
    Game: Crystal
    Number of Pokemon:4
    Restrictions: No certain movesets, no forcing Magikarp, unless it evolves. And no forcing other crappy pokemon

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    @ Dark,
    You need to get a growlithe and you can evolve it but only after completing the 5th gym. And, it can only know 2 fire
    moves.

I still need 2 pokemon, hopefully 1 can learn fly.

Last edited:

ComiTurtle

The cake is a lie.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    First update is kind of lame I really didn't have alot of time.

Started the game called myself Comi.
    Got Totodile named him "Croc Man".
    Finished opening.
    Owned rival(Silver).
    Caught female Bellsprout named her "Stalsprout".
    Trained a little without useing vinewhip.
    Got to Bell Tower on third floor.

Team:
    Lv. 12 Croc Man (Totodile).
    Moves: Water Gun, Leer, Scratch, Rage.
    Lv. 7 Stalsprout (Bellsprout).
    Moves: Vine Whip (only used while it was wild), Growth.

Domin-8 you can have a Venomoth that has to know Frustration and Return. Those moves also must be the first two attacks it can use in any battle (In any order.)

Dark Sceptile you can have Quagisre that can only evolve after defeating two grass types with a 5 Lv. diference by its self.

(Also how do you put up spoliers?)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Scepy, take a Xatu that can only evolve after you complete the Ruins of Alph puzzle. I don't know if that's hard or not, but there you go.

Domin, you get a Farfetch'd that can only learn moves with under 70 base power.

mets, you get a Skarmory, but its final moveset has to consist of: 1 level up move, 1 TM, 1 HM, and 1 egg move. Can't breed? You get another HM in its place.

To do spoilers, click "go advanced", highlight your text, and click the blue box that says abc on it on the right, next to the youtube button. Or, without highlighting your text, type [.SPOIL.ER]your text goes here[/.SPOI.LER] without the .'s

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    Dark Sceptile - you get a Furret that must know Hyper Beam before it reaches lv 35. It cannot use it when its HP bar is green, and must use it at least once as soon as the bar becomes orange or red.

Metscolts - can you get a Qwilfish? If so, it must know Destiny Bond.

Also, update:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Name:Gearuvagen
    Game Name: Chris
    Game: Sapphire
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: No Legends,

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    Porygon-Z - You can have a Nidorino/Nidoking whose only damaging moves must use its horn, e.g. Horn Attack, Fury Attack; no punching, kicking etc.
    Gearuvagen - Take a Volbeat that cannot learn TMs or HMs.

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Alright so:
    Bulbasaur: 2 grass moves 1 poison and evolve it when I normally would (after second gym)
    Venomoth that knows frustration and Return used as first two attacks in battle
    And Farfetch'd that can only learn moves with under 70 base power.

Got it. let's see how this goes haha.

EDIT:
    Porygon-Z - Cubone (or Marowak) Must keep Bone Club

Gearuvagen - Baltoy (or Claydol) must know Ancient Power cannot be used in Trainer battles (Gym trainers do not count)

Last edited:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Gearuvagen, take a Shuppet that cannot evolve (<3)
    Porygon Z Take a Charmander that cannot learn any flying moves when it evolves.

Also, can I sign up again, but with Diamond? It just my current HeartGold runthrough will take a while, and I really want to do this. ^_^;

Username: Ian Watkins
    Game: Diamond
    Restrictions: No really weak pokemon, all pokemon need an attacking move, and something that can learn surf (doesn't have to be a water type), and a flyer.

Soo.... Hit me! xD

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Oh yeah, I finished my challenge. Primeape carried my team, and ended at like 76.

Now then, I see there are a plethora of new contenders. Here are your Pokemon:

Porygon Z, your second Pokemon is a Parasect that can't have any damaging moves other than HMs. You can have leech seed and Poison Powder though; they don't count.

Scepy, you get a Miltank as your last Pokemon. It must know Attract and Milk Drink, and can only use Milk Drink in Yellow health, not red or Green.

Gear, your first Pokemon is a Seviper that can only learn attacks that use its Mouth and Tail

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I forgot to say, butI want 5 pokemon btw. =]

-Gastrodon that can only have dig as it's ground move, and cannot learn muddy water.
    -
    -
    -
    -

Back