• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The one thing that would ruin the show.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    No, no, the Animal in Movie 9 that I mentioned isn't IN the coral reef, It IS the Coral reef. Remember, Corals ARE animals, too.

All right, so you want to get technical. However, you should really research your technicalities before you say them. Coral substance is a plant, although it's closer to a sponge then really a plant, but sponge and coral are both closer to plants then animals. They don't have conciousness... and that is not the plural form of coral.

Anyways, how do you explain that worm that Pidgeotto ate (It definitely wasn't a Caterpie, Weedle, or heck, even a Wurmple, as those guys are WAY too big to be the worm that Pidgeotto ate.). How about the term "Lion Tamer" (which pretty much implies that Lions actually exist in the Pokemon World).

As I said, the animators realized early on that it was not a good idea to have actual animals in the series. They explain it by saying they were undiscovered (or revelaed) pokemon at the time. There's a Q&A about it on Pokemon.com.

Besides, if Real Life Animals don't exist in the Pokemon World, then Humans can't exist in the Pokemon World either (They're real life animals as well, and seeing how the Pokedex doesn't even register a human as a Pokemon, they aren't Pokemon Either). Heck, Plants and Fungi can't exist either (I mean, we already have two Fungi Pokemon [Shroomish and Breloom, four if one counts Paras and parasect], and we have quite a bit of plant-pokemon that actually resemble anthropromorphic plants (the Grass Starters don't count.).).

A.) Humans are the one's who invented the Pokedex in the first place.
    B.) Yes, humans are technically animals, but the difference between the human race and the canine race is that we have advanced cognitive abilities. Dogs have cognintive abilities as well, but not on our level. Same goes for all other animals.
    C.) Ok, it's pretty blasted obvious that plants exist in the Pokemon world (by the way, plants and fungi are the same thing. Fungi is just a certain type of plant). Ash passes by trees all the time.
    D.) Pokemon don't exist. They were invented by the imagination of Satoshi Tajiri. So, who says in his mind that some plants have more cognitive abilities then others.
    E.) So, why doesn't the Pokedex consider humans Pokemon. I have a pretty good reason. Aside from the occasional psychic in the anime, which we havn't since the 1st season, really, can humans use Thunderbolt? Can Brock learn Hyper Beam?

NO! Pokemon have amazing powers! I really don't think that Ash could perform a flamethrower attack. Hell, he might have been able to use tackle on Lucario in the movie, but that didn't do very much now did it.
    Point is, Pokemon are Pokemon because they have special powers. They don't exist but they do replace animals in the television show.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    All right, so you want to get technical. However, you should really research your technicalities before you say them. Coral substance is a plant, although it's closer to a sponge then really a plant, but sponge and coral are both closer to plants then animals. They don't have conciousness... and that is not the plural form of coral.

From my various Biology Classes AND Oceanography classes, Coral is listed under Kingdom Animalia, In fact, it's under the Phylum "Cnidaria", the very same Phylum that Jellyfish belong to. If anything, it's you who should research the six Kingdoms of Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, Protista, eubacteria, and archaebacteria.

As I said, the animators realized early on that it was not a good idea to have actual animals in the series. They explain it by saying they were undiscovered (or revelaed) pokemon at the time. There's a Q&A about it on Pokemon.com.

Pokemon.com ALSO said that the cloaked figure in one of the AG openings was the Red Lightning (even though it was fairly obvious that it was Mewtwo.) and other false stuff like that. Heck, they themselves are unsure if Phione is even a legendary or not (hence why they changed it a bit too quickly.). As it is, don't use that as evidence. Heck, anyone on here can point this out.

A.) Humans are the one's who invented the Pokedex in the first place.

Yeah, and we invented reading, technology, philosophy, religion, and science as well, and that never stopped science from, by scientific definition, labelling us as being part of Kingdom Animalia.

B.) Yes, humans are technically animals, but the difference between the human race and the canine race is that we have advanced cognitive abilities. Dogs have cognintive abilities as well, but not on our level. Same goes for all other animals.

C.) Ok, it's pretty blasted obvious that plants exist in the Pokemon world (by the way, plants and fungi are the same thing. Fungi is just a certain type of plant). Ash passes by trees all the time.

According to the classification of life in Biology, Plants and Fungi belong in two entirely different Kingdoms.

D.) Pokemon don't exist. They were invented by the imagination of Satoshi Tajiri. So, who says in his mind that some plants have more cognitive abilities then others.

Who's to say that Animals don't exist (NO, Pokemon.Com doesn't count, and I already explained why.)

E.) So, why doesn't the Pokedex consider humans Pokemon. I have a pretty good reason. Aside from the occasional psychic in the anime, which we havn't since the 1st season, really, can humans use Thunderbolt? Can Brock learn Hyper Beam?

NO! Pokemon have amazing powers! I really don't think that Ash could perform a flamethrower attack. Hell, he might have been able to use tackle on Lucario in the movie, but that didn't do very much now did it.

Dunsparce doesn't have any "amazing" powers. Heck, it only knows basic survival techniques.

Point is, Pokemon are Pokemon because they have special powers. They don't exist but they do replace animals in the television show.

No, they do not. Heck, Dogasu (someone who not only WATCHES the raw, but compares it to the Dubbed version) has noted that there are animal cries on the show, even though pokemon equivalents are existant (eg, Cicada's and Crickets being heard in the background even though Nincada and Kricketot and Kricketune exist.).

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Harley was kinda the thing that ruined the show but I liked his gay personality so he would be in my mind how to explain Gay people in Pokemon. xD

What's next for Pokemon Dawn turning Bi? (No Offence)

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    From my various Biology Classes AND Oceanography classes, Coral is listed under Kingdom Animalia, In fact, it's under the Phylum "Cnidaria", the very same Phylum that Jellyfish belong to. If anything, it's you who should research the six Kingdoms of Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, Protista, eubacteria, and archaebacteria.

Ok, so you consider Coral to be in the animalia kingdom. Not what I learned, but ask yourself this. Can you talk to a coral reef? Can it respond with a bark like a dog can? No.

Pokemon.com ALSO said that the cloaked figure in one of the AG openings was the Red Lightning (even though it was fairly obvious that it was Mewtwo.) and other false stuff like that. Heck, they themselves are unsure if Phione is even a legendary or not (hence why they changed it a bit too quickly.). As it is, don't use that as evidence. Heck, anyone on here can point this out.

You mean the thing in the colak that lept away in teh opener and never had anything to do with the series. The only clue was the "Red Lightning" episode and really there isn't any reason to think it was Mewtwo? What makes you so sure it was Mewtwo? Just curious...

According to the classification of life in Biology, Plants and Fungi belong in two entirely different Kingdoms.

Once again, not what I learned. But ask yourself again, can you talk to a fungi?

Who's to say that Animals don't exist (NO, Pokemon.Com doesn't count, and I already explained why.)

The Pokemon in the world of pokemon ARE teh animals. Have you evr heard them say the word "animal" even once on the series?

Dunsparce doesn't have any "amazing" powers. Heck, it only knows basic survival techniques.

Excuse me while I kill this Oddish by commanding Dunsparce to use Ancient Power. Here you go, you think Dunsparce doesn't have any amazing powers? Check it:

Dunsparce move list:
    By leveling up

Generation IV
    Other generation learnsets: II - III
    Level Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP Contest Appeal Start Rage Normal Physical 20 100% 20 Cool 0 5 Defense Curl Normal Status — —% 40 Cute 2 ♥♥ 9 Yawn Normal Status — —% 10 Cute 2 ♥♥ 14 Glare Normal Status — 75% 30 Tough 2 ♥♥ 17 Rollout Rock Physical 30 90% 20 Tough 2 ♥♥ 21 Spite Ghost Status — 100% 10 Tough 2 ♥♥ 25 Pursuit Dark Physical 40 100% 20 Smart 1 29 Screech Normal Status — 85% 40 Smart 2 ♥♥ 33 Roost Flying Status — —% 10 Cool 0 37 Take Down Normal Physical 90 85% 20 Tough 3 ♥♥♥ 41 AncientPower Rock Special 60 100% 5 Tough 2 ♥♥ 45 Dig Ground Physical 80 100% 10 Smart 1 49 Endeavor Normal Physical — 100% 5 Tough 2 ♥♥ 53 Flail Normal Physical — 100% 15 Cute 2 ♥♥ Bold indicates a move that gets STAB
    Italic indicates a move that gets STAB only from an [COLOR=#009600 ! important][COLOR=#009600 ! important]evolution[/COLOR][/COLOR] of this Pokémon
    And that's just his naturally learned moves. Give him a TM and he'll go crazy.

No, they do not. Heck, Dogasu (someone who not only WATCHES the raw, but compares it to the Dubbed version) has noted that there are animal cries on the show, even though pokemon equivalents are existant (eg, Cicada's and Crickets being heard in the background even though Nincada and Kricketot and Kricketune exist.).

Sound effects will be sound effects.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They havent said the word animal but several animals have been seen and eaten on the show.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ok, so you consider Coral to be in the animalia kingdom. Not what I learned, but ask yourself this. Can you talk to a coral reef? Can it respond with a bark like a dog can? No.

You know, Jellyfish, Crabs, insects and all that don't respond to us in the same way either. Heck, some can't utilize verbal communication. By that logic, they aren't animals then despite being in the Animal Kingdom.

Oh, and BTW, I don't just consider it to be in the Animalia kingdom, it is scientific fact that they ARE in it. Sheesh, hasn't your science classes taught you this?!

You mean the thing in the colak that lept away in teh opener and never had anything to do with the series. The only clue was the "Red Lightning" episode and really there isn't any reason to think it was Mewtwo? What makes you so sure it was Mewtwo? Just curious...

Simple, the horns on the top of it's head were curved like an airplane tail's, you can see a distinct cord growing behind the back, the eye shapes are similar, and heck, the head structure as a whole was similar to Mewtwo. And here's the obvious clue. The AG opening that it appeared in was made BEFORE the Red Lightning episode was even written. As a matter of fact, it was one of the first openings.

Once again, not what I learned. But ask yourself again, can you talk to a fungi?

What the heck does talking to fungi have anything to do with whether pokemon are Animals, or if real animals exist or not?

The Pokemon in the world of pokemon ARE teh animals. Have you evr heard them say the word "animal" even once on the series?

Well, technically, no, but Ash DID say this gem in the episode "Pokemon Shipwreck":

Ash: ohh, how did everything get upside down?

Misty: Maybe you should look outside.

Ash: Huh? (sees the fish swimming the window) Fish swimming?, this can't be... BUT THAT MEANS THAT... THAT THIS SHIP HAS SUNK!!!

See, not only did they SHOW fish on there, they even went as far as to have Ash call them fish.

Sound effects will be sound effects.

They could have just as easily inserted the Pokemon Equivalent's cries if they wanted to, but they didn't, instead opting for the real life Animal version.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    This is a fun debate.

You know, Jellyfish, Crabs, insects and all that don't respond to us in the same way either. Heck, some can't utilize verbal communication. By that logic, they aren't animals then despite being in the Animal Kingdom.

Oh, and BTW, I don't just consider it to be in the Animalia kingdom, it is scientific fact that they ARE in it. Sheesh, hasn't your science classes taught you this?!

Ok, so I just had my dad, who is a Biology teacher, explain to me why Coral is in the animalia kingdom. Now that that's clear, no I had medical Biology in high school. We skipped over plant and animal life and went into anatomy and physiology. Still, in basic characteristics, there are differences between jellyfish, crabs, insects and coral. Although coral is a cosumer and it does, I admit now that I've learned, have the characteristics of an animal, Jellyfish, crabs, and insects have faces (well accept for jellyfish) they have muscles... atleast I think jellyfish have muscles. Anyways, they put it in the movie because they were basing it off of a actual landmark.

Simple, the horns on the top of it's head were curved like an airplane tail's, you can see a distinct cord growing behind the back, the eye shapes are similar, and heck, the head structure as a whole was similar to Mewtwo. And here's the obvious clue. The AG opening that it appeared in was made BEFORE the Red Lightning episode was even written. As a matter of fact, it was one of the first openings.

Still, then why was it in the opener?

What the heck does talking to fungi have anything to do with whether pokemon are Animals, or if real animals exist or not?

Because with say, parasect, they explain it as a living creacher with a fungus growing on its back. That fungus is supposed to be a totally different lifeform.

Well, technically, no, but Ash DID say this gem in the episode "Pokemon Shipwreck":

Ash: ohh, how did everything get upside down?

Misty: Maybe you should look outside.

Ash: Huh? (sees the fish swimming the window) Fish swimming?, this can't be... BUT THAT MEANS THAT... THAT THIS SHIP HAS SUNK!!!

See, not only did they SHOW fish on there, they even went as far as to have Ash call them fish.

Once again, early in the season. They learned there lesson because people started asking "Why the heck are there normal animals in Pokemon?"

They could have just as easily inserted the Pokemon Equivalent's cries if they wanted to, but they didn't, instead opting for the real life Animal version

That would make it difficult to hear wat the cast is saying...

Ash: So *Rhydon!* Dawn,*Diglett Dig! Diglett dig!* how does*Seviper!* it feel to have won another*Roselia!* contest?

Dawn: *fearow!* Pretty good... How does *Pikachu!* it feel *Ditto!*... SHUT THE *Fearow* UP YOU DUMB *Abra* POKEMON!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Actually Ebon, regarding your stand on pokémon cries and such, please be aware that the sounds of "background animals" aren't apparant throughout the episode. Also, the fact that they aren't in every episode so it's not really a problem with inserting "Pikachu" or "Starly" for a few moments.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    If Squirtle were to go extinct
    AHHHHH!

Actually if you want a more serious answer from me, I want to see Ash battle Ritchie again, or at least see Ritchie again soon.

Ritchie is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Still, then why was it in the opener?

For the same reasons why Lugia was in the opening, as well as every single legendary up to that point. They just wanted it to be there.

For another example on how Pokemon.Com should not be trusted, at one point, they said Jessie was 12 years old, when that obviously isn't the case.

Because with say, parasect, they explain it as a living creacher with a fungus growing on its back. That fungus is supposed to be a totally different lifeform.

Fungi may not talk, but that doesn't mean they don't have sentience. Heck, some fungi act like some sort of mind control on animals (hence inspiration for Paras/Parasect).

BTW, just for the record, there's a major difference between fungi and plants. Plants make their own food by a process known as Photosynthesis (meaning, they absorb sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to produce glucose and release it in the form of sugar and Oxygen.). fungi, on the other hand, have to eat and break down dead/fleshy matter in order to thrive. Even with carniverous plants such as the pitcher plant or the venus flytrap, they still needed Photosynthesis to thrive.

Once again, early in the season. They learned there lesson because people started asking "Why the heck are there normal animals in Pokemon?"

Ok... In "Hook, Line and Stinker", Ash mentioned something about Bass and Catfish living in the Seaking Lake, and Misty also referred to Ash as a "Mother Hen" in "An Egg-Sighting adventure" (Both of which occured in Johto [the middle and last leg of that region, respectively.].).

That would make it difficult to hear wat the cast is saying...

Ash: So *Rhydon!* Dawn,*Diglett Dig! Diglett dig!* how does*Seviper!* it feel to have won another*Roselia!* contest?

Dawn: *fearow!* Pretty good... How does *Pikachu!* it feel *Ditto!*... SHUT THE *Fearow* UP YOU DUMB *Abra* POKEMON!

Well, as Dogasu and S. Magumarashi said, the animal calls were faint anyways, and were pretty much drowned out by the Dub Music in the Dubbed versions, anyways. Even if they weren't, I don't think it's too hard to hear them.

Personally, the last part of the Dawn quote

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    For another example on how Pokemon.Com should not be trusted, at one point, they said Jessie was 12 years old, when that obviously isn't the case.

Well, there have been flash backs to where Jessie was twelve.

Ok... In "Hook, Line and Stinker", Ash mentioned something about Bass and Catfish living in the Seaking Lake, and Misty also referred to Ash as a "Mother Hen" in "An Egg-Sighting adventure" (Both of which occured in Johto [the middle and last leg of that region, respectively.].).

So teh dub sucks...

Personally, the last part of the Dawn quote

is this an unfinished sentence?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, there have been flash backs to where Jessie was twelve.

Well, yeah, but Pokemon.com made it seem as if it was her current age. Ask some others if you don't believe me.

So teh dub sucks...

I'll ask Dogasu to verify this for me, but I think those were in the original version as well (Dogasu didn't really do much of a comparison of Johto, and the few episodes he did compare, especially the ones in the beginning to the middle of the saga, didn't really have much to offer in terms of Japanese RAW vs. English dub differences, which implies that most of Johto was left, at least in terms of the dub lines/original lines, intact and translated completely for the most part.).

is this an unfinished sentence?

Yeah, that was. I was going to say that it seemed like she was swearing in that last part, thus the pokemon acted like a sort of bleep censor.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years

Okay, the only animals that I know of in pokemon are insects arachnids worms and larvae.
    What gets me is that in Giratina and the Sky Warrior the told us that Only Giratina can open portals btween the reverse world and the real world. I believe Shaymin opened one with seed flare a few times, heck, Giratina even needed Shaymie's help to open a portal!

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm wondering why the matter of whether there are both animals and Pokemon in the show and what fungi is has anything to do with whether the show is ruined. XD

Don't they mention eating burgers in both English and Japanese? So they would have to be eating some sort of animal? I can't remember the last time they mentioned eating burgers though, but I'm pretty sure Dogasu said burgers were mentioned in the Japanese version because of Westernisation.

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    well, all the characters eat food, and mention "hotdogs" and "burgers"... so are they eating spoink and tuaros? i dont think so...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Oh, I have another one. If the writers put romance between the main characters. I don't mean crushes. I mean boyfriend/girlfriend type things.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    ^^ Agreed. Leave that to Fan fic, which I avoid like the plague.

well, all the characters eat food, and mention "hotdogs" and "burgers"... so are they eating spoink and tuaros? i dont think so...

They mention them, but I suspect it's a dub only thing. Rice is most often the food they consume, even if Ash talks about wanting a hamburger.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They mention them, but I suspect it's a dub only thing. Rice is most often the food they consume, even if Ash talks about wanting a hamburger.

err... Dogasu mentions that Ash mentions Hamburgers in the Japanese version. in fact, not only merely mentions it, but complains about it as well (He thinks that the Japanese are losing their sense of nationalistic culture thanks to 4kids and PUSA, to a lesser extent.)

Back