• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The one thing that would ruin the show.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It was implied in the first season that a pokemon master had to catch every pokemon by the title "Gotta Catch 'em All" or "Getto Dazze" (I spelled that wrong), which was dropped in at the start of Advance Generation due to the large amount of pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    It was implied in the first season that a pokemon master had to catch every pokemon by the title "Gotta Catch 'em All" or "Getto Dazze" (I spelled that wrong), which was dropped in at the start of Advance Generation due to the large amount of pokemon.

In the Japanese/raw/original, Gotta Catch Em All was NEVER a phrase nor did the original phrase mean "Catch everything", so that really doesn't give it good ground.

Though someone more familiar with the raw should expand on it, because I don't remember the original phrase's meaning.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    The one thing I think killed it is how they keep giving the female characters the axe after 2 or 3 series...THEY AXED MAY! She didn't last as long as misty. Anyway...I think there is one other thing. That is that MAKE PIKACHU SO WEAK EACH TIME!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The one thing I think killed it is how they keep giving the female characters the axe after 2 or 3 series...THEY AXED MAY! She didn't last as long as misty. Anyway...I think there is one other thing. That is that MAKE PIKACHU SO WEAK EACH TIME!

First of all, if they didn't replace a character every generation we would have a bland cast. Secondly, no Pikachu doesn't "reset" every generation. It's silly to think that.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Pikachu took out a Dragonite, didn't he? I do not think Pikachu is weak in each season. Actually, I think Pikachu is a tad bit overrated in the anime, but I guess that's obvious since he is the icon of Pokémon.

I do not see that the events that happened has ruined the series, but only taking it to where it's just not the same anymore.

Actually, if the producers take Ash or Pikachu out, then the anime would indefinitely be ruined.

This may not be related to the topic, but of all these theme songs for the anime, I think the very first one fits it best. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    First of all, if they didn't replace a character every generation we would have a bland cast. Secondly, no Pikachu doesn't "reset" every generation. It's silly to think that.

although it is silly to think that pikachu resets each season. you gotta admit, pikachu should be a a lot stronger at points if he's been with ash for 4-5 years.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Pikachu is depicted as either too strong ir too weak at times. By too weak I mean at this point the bastard should be like vl 70 and crushing everything within sight outside of the Tourneys.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    I think the reason they make Ash start over is so it make sense when he loses in the Pokemon League and they just make another whole region up and do it again.....

Imagine if Ash kept his pokemon, he would not break a sweat at the gyms (think his Charizard would OHKO everything) so in essence they do forget everything that has happened in the show before...

To older viewers like myself it can be annoying at times, I remember watching the first season every morning...lol good times, anyways I think May was a welcome change over Misty, but they dropped May after one region (well I guess 2 if you count BF as a region). That put me over the edge when they did that. They try changing the female lead to prevent staleness, well look at Brock he is the most stale character on the anime, Team Rocket is less stale than he is. Either give him a goal for each region i.e. GF or PL, but they do not they just make him THERE. HE IS USELESS, HE NEVER DOES ANYTHING, do not say Doc Brock either, that proves Ash will never learn anything. Pachi had the same thing his UberChu had once! Ash should have known this! Ash and Pikachu both "reset" it seems. Ash will be like what is that and dex a pokemon he has dexed in the other 3 regions! He is always like a newbie trainer and this is the worst thing they could do to him...I want to see Ash win in the pokemon league for once! He is almost as stale as Brock and Dawn is already going stale. They just repeat plot lines. Turtwig and Bulbasaur....Chimchar and Charmander...they do this because most people who watched the older episodes don't anymore so they can do this without making it stale. I still watch hoping that something will be different and it never is!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I also wonder how Pikachu gets weaker each region, there are no levels, so there's no limit, Pikachu could wipe the floor with almost every pokemon, but somehow he keeps getting weaker.

You (kind of) answered your own question. Levels aren't set in stone. They can fluctuate.

And like it's owner, Pikachu has been shown to sometimes have a confidence issue, so in my mind, that's why it sometimes loses to low powered Pokes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They try changing the female lead to prevent staleness, well look at Brock he is the most stale character on the anime, Team Rocket is less stale than he is. Either give him a goal for each region i.e. GF or PL, but they do not they just make him THERE. HE IS USELESS, HE NEVER DOES ANYTHING, do not say Doc Brock either, that proves Ash will never learn anything. Pachi had the same thing his UberChu had once! Ash should have known this! Ash and Pikachu both "reset" it seems.

Well, I kinda hated "Brock Must Stay" episodes, as the plot of these episodes have bad continuity issues. For example, in Sick Daze, they had Misty performing terribly in regards to cooking, even though she was the one who was able to make the Stun Spore Potion in the Orange Islands, and not to mention, she was most likely the one who helped themselves survive the 13 days in Viridian forest (we know from the first episode that Ash doesn't have the basic survival techniques down.).

In "You Never Can Taillow", Brock returns because Ash can't cook, despite the fact that they didn't need to have Brock cooking in OI or Viridian forest (heck, Brock wasn't even INTRODUCED yet in the latter).

Now, with Doc Brock, you'd think that, what, with Pikachu having gone through a cold, oh, I don't know, THREE TIMES IN HIS CAREER, he would know how to treat Pachirisu (seeing how it's symptoms and organs are similar to Pikachu's), but no.... they just HAD to throw away ALL of that (despite being quite important to the story, with the first cold being the one where Ash caught Muk, the second one being how he first met May, and the third being how he got the Dynamo Badge [albeit undeservingly, but still.].).

Back