• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The original Pokémon Black

Do you beleive it's real?

• Yes

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Can't tell

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Do explain? :3
    Or was it that link? Did the link help?

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
    It's a creepypasta, and most creepypastas are fake. I have seen a picture of the cart, only it's most likely a painted black R/B/Y cart with a black and white picture of the Pokemon logo glued/taped on. The story was originally posted on 4-chan, and there are things that the Pokemon company would never put in one of their games, so that's why it is most likely a hoax.

I have seen a lot of creepypastas like Black, and they are obviously not true. I can't believe I'm putting in time to explain why this is a hoax...There is no way this could possibly be true, The Author is either lying which will get him a kick, or trying to put up a hoax on the whole community that will most likely get him perma-banned.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    It's a creepypasta, and most creepypastas are fake. I have seen a picture of the cart, only it's most likely a painted black R/B/Y cart with a black and white picture of the Pokemon logo glued/taped on. The story was originally posted on 4-chan, and there are things that the Pokemon company would never put in one of their games, so that's why it is most likely a hoax.

I have seen a lot of creepypastas like Black, and they are obviously not true. I can't believe I'm putting in time to explain why this is a hoax...There is no way this could possibly be true, The Author is either lying which will get him a kick, or trying to put up a hoax on the whole community that will most likely get him perma-banned.

I know what THAT is. I said it was a mixture of Gold and Silver, not some obvious hoax made from 1st gen where you go around with a ghost and all this weird stuff happens. I'm not stupid. :) Er, well....
    Anyway.

Do explain? :3
    Or was it that link? Did the link help?

The link did help a little. I can't remember exactly where so I don't have all the sources (The only source I have now is the link by Nintendork. If few sources makes you think it was a lie, then I'll find all the sources. :P), but it sounds like there was a G/S prototype called Pokémon 2 that was exclusively released in Japan. There were actually several different versions, but none of them are known to survive. Explains why it's hard to find them. Anyway, it would make sense why someone who worked for Nintendo would be able to get a copy, whether they lived in Japan or not. There were several different versions, I'm sure at least ONE of those was a North American prototype. This might have been codenamed Pokémon Black for North America, because it sounds like it was a later and more complete prototype than the original Pokémon 2 in Japan.

I'm not exactly saying that this is officially the Pokémon Black we're looking for, but it will be the assumption until I find out more. At least this proves a greater possibility that there is one.

Sorry if this didn't make sense to you, I can't really think right now for some reason. If you don't get it then just tell me and I'll edit.

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
    I know what THAT is. I said it was a mixture of Gold and Silver, not some obvious hoax made from 1st gen where you go around with a ghost and all this weird stuff happens.

I didn't see the part where you said it's a mixture of gold and silver. :\ But I still consider this a hoax.

killer3570

pokemon master!!!
    Years
    I do believe i have heard of a ROM hack for pokemon gold/silver/crystal which was entitled pokemon black, i have been hunting down this ROM with very little success so i gave up hope.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Bulbapedia has many beta and pre-release info on the second generation. There were not even rumors about a beta name called Black. Wherever you heard this, it's either a lie or that person was fooled.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The link given was not a japan exclusive release.
    It was a 'beta' like ones showed and Euro Gamer or E3 previews of games but not the official release you'll get.

The Author

Years
    The link given was not a japan exclusive release.
    It was a 'beta' like ones showed and Euro Gamer or E3 previews of games but not the official release you'll get.
    What I mean was, it wasn't publicly released in Japan, but it was given to a few select people there. It wasn't like sold in stores or anything.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    I do believe i have heard of a ROM hack for pokemon gold/silver/crystal which was entitled pokemon black, i have been hunting down this ROM with very little success so i gave up hope.

It's a pokemon red? hack called Pokemon Chaos Black, google it and you'll find it in about 5 mins.

The Author

Years
    No, no, no. We've all heard of ChaosBlack, which is FireRed by the way, we're talking about something Game Freak may have actually made. It's existence is questionable, which is why I'm asking if anyone else has heard of it.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    The only "Black" I can think of are bot h1st generation. 1 of which is a terribly made hack called Pokemon Black: Special Palace Edition and the other being the infamous Pokemon Black.(You go around and kill people and pokemon with the Lavendaer Town ghost.)

The Author

Years
    The only "Black" I can think of are bot h1st generation. 1 of which is a terribly made hack called Pokemon Black: Special Palace Edition and the other being the infamous Pokemon Black.(You go around and kill people and pokemon with the Lavendaer Town ghost.)
    Yeah, I think we've all heard of those. :P

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Are you pretty much sure that it's true? Never heard of this in my entire life. XD

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
    At first I thought you were talking about what I call Pokemon Black Death. (The one with the Lavender Town Ghost and it uses Curse to kill Pokemon) now I see that it isn't that one I don't know anything else. I am not saying the OP is lying but I have only heard of Black Death. I can see I am not the only one who knows about it.

Back