• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The originals or the remakes?

Years
  • I dunno, I think I prefer the remakes. But I still utterly love the originals- it's just, the remakes brought in almost everything that was amazing about 4th gen. The originals were fine, but... I dunno. They were quicker to play through, sure, but that's not always what I want.
    Although the originals win in terms of nostalgia, for obvious reasons.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Despite how much nostalgia comes from the originals, I gotta say I like the remakes more. R/B/Y vs. FR/LG could probably go either way, but HG/SS is better than G/S/C without a doubt. The bottom screen in HG/SS was perfect and you had to option of always having running shoes on. It was the little things in HG/SS that made it better. I did, however, not really like how they changed Red's Espeon to a Lapras and how it's hailing in the battle.

Years
  • As nice as it is to see remakes, the originals will always have a place in my heart. I just love the original graphics and the nostalgia feel that they will always give me.​

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • I prefer the remakes over the originals. I wouldn't say I dislike the originals, though ofc. I played them a lot as a kid, and they remind me so much of the good 'ol times.

Back