• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pair Challenge!

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
    Added you to the list!
    Good luck!
    I guess you can hack in a Vaporeon and Jolteon since you wouldn't be able to get the stones until you could actually get an Eevee.

Yeah, that's what I planned on doing. :3
    I also plan on doing it on the PC, so it'll be a lot easier to hack in wild eevee encounters~

Tek

Years
    Just got my white version back, now I need a challenge for it :]

Username: Tek
    Game: White
    Mode: Normal
    Team: Shaymin and Pichu

Obviously I'll need hax to obtain them, that's cool, right? And I will probably make Pichu the spiky-eared one so I won't have to evolution cancel all the time.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Just got my white version back, now I need a challenge for it :]

Username: Tek
    Game: White
    Team: Shaymin and Pichu

Obviously I'll need hax to obtain them, that's cool, right? And I will probably make Pichu the spiky-eared one so I won't have to evolution cancel all the time.

Everything you mentioned sounds fine.
    Good luck!

Tek

Years
    First update:
    Spoiler:

Here's the team as of now:

Grace the Shaymin
    Bashful Lv 12
    Growth/Magical Leaf/-/-

Mischief the Pichu
    Naïve Female Lv 11
    Charm/Tail Whip/Thunder Wave/Thundershock

Years
    I am in progress on FireRed - but it's taking me a while xD I'd love to try this in FireRed randomizer in Insane mode along with FireRed on normal mode :3 I kinda like the idea of insane mode ^^ So here is my second sign-up :D

Sign-Up Sheet:
    Name: AoTora
    Game: FireRed
    (Normal/Hard/Insane?): Insane

Tek

Years
    Second update:

Battled all the trainers on the way to Nacrene (which wasn't very many). The Normal-type trainers at the Gym weren't too tough, but Lenora was another story. Her Herdier KO'd Mischief in a close fight, and Grace finished out the battle in an equally close fight.

So it was up through Pinwheel Forest and on to Castelia. I battled all trainers aside from the ones at the Battle House or whatever it is. Burgh's gym and Burgh himself were tough to beat for the simple fact that Leavanny and its earlier forms resist both Mischief's Thundershock and Grace's Magical Leaf. I managed to get by with judicious use of Sweet Kiss and Nasty plot. Learned something new here: Leech Seed doesn't work on Grass types. Ugh.

I skipped over the Desert Resort area on my way to Nimbasa. After rescuing the Daycare Man, battling N once more, and purchasing the Return TM, I challenged Elesa's Gym. With Mischief's new Normal-type move and Grace's type resistance, it was a piece of cake. I think Mischief's Return is a bit stronger than it normally would have been because of the Luxury Ball. I didn't mean for that to happen... poor planning on my part.

Clearing out the Cold Storage, I foiled Plasma's plans once again, and gained entry to Clay's gym. Since I'm trying to keep Grace at a lower level (and because Grace actually grows faster than Mischief), I took the most direct path to Clay. Not an easy thing to do for someone who has a policy of not skipping trainers in a gym. Needless to say, this was an easy victory, and even Excadrill's Steel-typing didn't save it from Leech Seed/Growth/Magical Leaf.

I am now in the Chargestone Cave.

Current Team:

Mischief the Pichu @ Eviolite
    Naïve Female Lv 43
    Return/Sweet Kiss/ThunderShock/Nasty Plot

Grace the Shaymin @ Big Root
    Bashful, Lv 32
    Growth/Magical Leaf/Leech Seed/Flash

Abu the Pansage
    Mild Male Lv 11
    Cut/Leer/Lick/Rock Smash

Rocky the Roggenrola
    Bashful Female Lv 11
    Strength/Harden/Sand-Attack/Headbutt

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: TearFaceInc
    Game: FireRed
    (Normal/Hard/Insane?): Insane
    Planned Team if Normal/Hard:

I'm going to lose last. . . {XD}

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    Username: GucciMeme
    Game: Diamond
    Pair: Electivire and Magmortar

I will start with Elekid/Magby, wait for them to evolve to Electabuzz and Magmar through Friendship and then use PokeGen to evolve them to their final forms. I will not alter anything besides their evolutions.

EDIT: Finished this Challenge, but didn't want to Double Post!

Spoiler:

Posted rather quickly just as my run went. I guess I know Sinnoh better than I thought!
    SCREENSHOT:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tek

Years
    i've got a 3DS and Y version coming in the mail (very excite!), so I blazed through the second half of this challenge... need to get my Pokétransporting on. Here's the highlights:

Final Update

Mischief stomped all the faces at Skyla's Gym.

Used the crap out of Repels on my way to Iccirus.

Went straight to the gym, where Mischief did most of the work. Grace had to help out a bit, and apparently takes Ice Beams like a champ.

After getting through Dragonspiral Tower and the Desert Resort, I was able to get the Hidden Power TM from the Professor Juniper. Grace has Psychic and Mischief has Ice. I would've preferred one to be Fire or Dragon, but meh. Still pretty good.

Mischief outran and overpowered nearly everything in Iris' Gym with Nasty Plot and Hidden Power. Iris' Fraxure gave me a hard time, though. I used seven Revives on Mischief while fighting it >.<

I Super Repelled my way through Victory Road. I experimented with switching Mischief's Eviolite with a Lucky Egg, which just got Mishcief KO'd a dozen times over.

With Mischief at Lv 68 and Grace at Lv 48, I challenged the E4 to see how far I would get before losing, so I'd know how much grinding to do. To my surprise, I won out.

In each battle, I would put Mischief out first, and lead with Volt Switch, keeping my adorable glass cannon out of harm's way. The rest of the battle then consisted of rationing out Grace's Flash and Leech Seed, switching back to Mischief when the opponent's Pokémon fainted, rinsing, and repeating.

Halfway through, when I was starting to realize I might win, I gave Grace the Eviolite and have Mischief a Scope Lens. It was completely on a whim, but worked out quite nicely. I used quite a few healing items, and got really worried against the Chandelure, but the dynamic cuteness duo pulled through.

In N's Castle, I soft reset a few times before remembering that Zekrom can't be shiny. In preparation for the final battles, I replaced Mischief's Return with Thunder and used a PP Max. Unfortunately, I lost rather quickly.

I decided I'd give it one more shot before heading back to Victory Road for grindage. And I completely forgot about teaching Thunder to Mischief. Yet despite the slip-up, I beat both N and Ghetsis. The hardest part of it all was having to switch Zekrom out of battle right away; nearly cost me the win. Shaymin was an effective tank with Eviolite. Leech Seed was surprisingly helpful as well.

I assumed there would be some sort of screen featuring the amazing tiny pair, but there isn't, so ya'll get this instead:

The Pair Challenge!

The Pair

Mischief the Pichu @ Scope Lens
    Naive Female Lv 71
    Return/Hidden Power/Volt Switch/Nasty Plot

Grace the Shaymin @ Eviolite
    Bashful Lv 54
    Hidden Power/Magical Leaf/Leech Seed/Flash

Back