• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument

Err... I can't play too much, one pride of mine is that I can play most of Sell Out by Reel Big Fish on the Trumpet, and throught the art of transposing, I can play Tarzan's Nuts by Madness. Why I'd want to play them is simple-ish. Sell Out is a great tune and very catchy, so I just wanted to know it. As for Tarzan's Nuts, I learnt how to play it on keyboard, and then transposed just for the hell of it.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 26

I can play a lot of songs on bass and keys. I can play more "impressive" songs than this, but most recently I learnt Joy Division - From Safety To Where...? on bass. One of my favourite songs and it has a brilliant bass line.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play

I really wish I could play and even dance like this XD

Taeyang - Wedding Dress

/alreadypostedthissongbefore

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument

"Oh My Darling, Clementine" by Percy Montrose (on the Piano)
    Grah, that's INCREDIBLY limited...

Spoiler:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument.

Gary Moore - One Day.

A little more info...

I can play this song fairly well on electric guitar. A little bit more of practice would help. I know all the lyrics of it as well so I can sing it off by heart as well. I don't know if my singing would be the best though lol. My singing isn't too bad in my opinion.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

'Waitin' for You' from A Prairie Home Companion: It'd be nice to be able to play all of it, but I'll settle for the honky-tonk piano part. Or any other boogie-woogie type deal. Those songs always sound more impressive than they are to play, but I still can't imagine this one being too easy to learn. Oh well...

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years

Paul Gilbert - Curse of Castle Dragon

A while back I used to obsess over shred music like this, and when I grew out of it the only artists I kept listening to were Paul Gilbert and Buckethead. This is probably my favorite Gilbert song. I'll never be able to play it, because my fingers are retarded and won't go that fast, especially not that accurately.

Uh, slightly better quality.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play.

Steve Ouimette - We There Kings.

A little more info...

I've never tried playing it but it sounds hard enough to play. I would also need a good amplifier and effects to make playing the song better and to get the sound right.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty

'Happy Birthday': This one's probably the most unusual one, to be honest. There aren't many songs that make me feel 'guilty' for say, but I'm not really one for singing the Happy Birthday song when everyone else does, so I guess this is the closest thing that fits the category. Probably going to have to pay about $5 to the copyright holders for this embed, but whatever...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I don't know why, but this song makes me feel a bit guilty.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years

"What I Go to School For" by Busted.
    It's so horrible and lame, but I can't help but sing along to it. So I feel guilty.

Spoiler:

Day 29 - A song from your childhood

"If Ya Gettin' Down" by Five
    My best friend and I used to dance around to Five's albums at her place. I believe our favourite was this song.

Spoiler:

institutions

Years

Andrew Jackson Jihad - Guilt: The Song

I honestly had no idea what to pick for a song that makes me feel guilty. The only way I can interpret that would be a guilty pleasure, and we already had that as one of the days. So instead, I picked the first song that popped into my head when I thought of the word guilty. Naturally the song had guilt in the title.

Not my favorite AJJ song, but whatever :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

'Bring It All Back' by S Club 7: OMG this song brings back all the memories [/see what I did there?]. Reading the Wikipedia page on it, it's 12 years old, which is - quite frankly - astonishing. Whenever I hear it, I always think back to my crappy school discos in the basement of a crappy church. Good times!

institutions

Years
    Most of AJJ's songs makes me feel guilty. They are just the perfect band to listen to when you are feeling down.

Hell yeah they are :P ^5, by the way. I haven't met many others who know of AJJ.

Pokemon - What Kind of Pokemon Are You?

I listened to this album SO MUCH when I was younger. I honestly just looked it up for the first time in years and I still remember most of the words. It's insane. I remember laughing as a kid at the part about Muk kicking your "grass". It still makes me chuckle.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 27 - Metallica - Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)
    Day 28 - Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know

Day 29

Quite a few of these, but I think my very favourite song when I was about 8(?) was The Strokes - New York City Cops, I still love it, but I used to hold it in much higher regard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back