• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 21

Lots of these to be honest with you, but a song that I thought of straight away was Holy F*ck - Lovely Allen, because it just has a very uplifting feel to it and never fails to make me smile.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad

I've come across this song a little less than two weeks ago and I listen to it whenever I feel down. Doesn't really help with me feeling better but oh well..

T.O.P - OH MOM

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

'Cabaret' from the musical Cabaret: What good is sitting alone in your room? Come here the music play! Life is a cabaret old chum; life is a cabaret. A strangely uplifting song given that the main character's love interest has gone back to England to escape the Nazis. Still, it does make me feel better when I'm down in the dumps.

No embed this time, guys!

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy

"This is How We Party" by S.O.A.P.
    I don't really have a particular selection of songs I listen to when I'm happy, but this song puts a smile on my face and definitely makes me want to dance around like a loon. The exact same manner as when this song was new years ago and I was much, much younger.

Spoiler:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years

Buckethead - Spell of the Gypsies

I really don't listen to single songs unless it's 80s hair metal songs that I only know the words to one song on the album; like Quiet Riot's Metal Health or Skid Row's 18 and Life. So, I picked a song from one of the albums I listen to when i'm sad. It's a generally sad album, which normally would make me more sad, but when i'm sad I like to be sad. I'm not sure why, I just like the sad feeling.

I picked this song in particular because it's the last song on the album, and it wraps everything up nicely. Plus, the outro (the last 1:10 of the song, when the acoustic guitar comes back in) is awesome.

We're almost done ;D

Years
    Depends. If I am only a bit sad, pretty much anything of what I've been posting before can help out, but sometimes there is that kind of sadness you don't actually want to end by distracting yourself, and in that case my choice of song would be:

Candlemass - Solitude

It's not just the lyrics, it's the singer's voice, this - in an awesome way mourning - voice. Just perfect for its purpose. Shame he left after just one album. Failing description attempts aside, this song has the power to intensify sadness and depression, and if for some reason I feel like doing that, I listen to it. Or anything else from the same album.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Linkin Park - My December. LP does some amazing slow emotional songs, shame they don't do more.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today

Ooh, I find this a hard one to answer. When sad, I don't really mind too much, yet for some reason, my MP3 can kinda pick up on it, and plays The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen. The song sounds depressing with the vocal style, and the lyrics, and just seems perfect for the mood, as I'm not ever truly sad, just sometimes feel down.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 22

Joy Division - She's Lost Control. It's the bleak atmosphere it creates and the lyrics that make me want to listen to this when I'm sad.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding

This sounds kind of cheesy and doesn't really sound like it would fit in, but it's a good song nonetheless.

Taeyang - Wedding Dress

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Thought I'd jump in here...

I would play this at the reception but at the actual weeding I would have to go with...

Last edited:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.

Santana - Europa

A little more info...

It's a brilliant guitar instrumental and it's very beautiful and soulful. Obviously the song would cheer me up as it's a brilliant piece of work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024

Summertime - My Chemical RomanceYOU CAN RUN AWAY WITH ME - ANY TIME YOU WANT :DDD

I think it's soulful and very fitting for an occasion like this, because it's about being together. Now for gay marriage in the entire United States if I happen to move somewhere else.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 23 - A song that you want played at your wedding

'4' 33''' by John Cage: I mentioned in the thread of the same name that I don't really want any song played at my hypothetical wedding, and since I've already mentioned You! Me! Dancing! as my reception song, I guess I literally have to go with silence for this one. And there are actually videos of it on YouTube! Result!

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
    Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.

"The End" I'm not sure who it's by but it's the ending song from Drawn to Life.

Day 23 - A song that you want played at your wedding

"Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. The courses lyrics are in my signature at this moment. Plus, the lyrics like "I set out on a narrow way, many years ago," and "Every long lost dream, led me to where you are," really show that you love a person and that they've been the one you've been searching for.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 22- A song that you listen to when you're sad

"Sheep May Safely Graze" by J. S. Bach
    It's very relaxing, and I tend to enjoy classical music when I'm sad. The one I have is an orchestral version by The Classic Lifestyle Series' Classic Moods album, but since it's too obscure I couldn't find it on the net.

Spoiler:

Day 23- A song that you want to play at your wedding

"From This Moment On" by Shania Twain
    It's perfect for a wedding~ Just listen to the lyrics! I prefer the solo version to the one she duets with Bryan White.

Spoiler:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years

Krzysztof Penderecki - Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima

I know you can't see this over the internet, but i'm laughing maniacally right now. In case you didn't know, this is the terrifying music that was playing during Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation of Stephen King's The Shining.

...I'm still laughing, but while I listen to this home alone, I am suddenly scared of the dark hallway three feet to my right.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 23

Animal Collective - My Girls. Definitely. I play it at every party, every social gathering. It's just the song that resembles everything about my life. Not the lyrics per se, but just the song itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back