• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I was battling FalconJoker and I was winning 2-1 and he used Mach Punch on my Infernape and I survived and did Flamethrower on his Breloom but we got d/ced. It had about half HP. I'm 100% certain it would've killed it. It was an Epic battle.
    It was an OU Battle.

I would also like to add that Junoliv also won the PC Side Tournament in Ubers and The Whirl Cup. 3 Wins and 1 Runner Up. I defiantly see skill in that.

Last edited:

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I really hate to be the one to do this, but I'm contesting both Super Luigi and Junoliv's HoF nominations. While everything posted by both of them may be legitimate, I noticed on both of the noted PC members have VMs asking one another vote for the other and make both said nominations bulkier, even going so far as to supply the information.

Maybe I didn't read the rules right or maybe I just feel this isn't right, but shouldn't nominations be sincere and honest, not manufactored because you found some one else that wants to be in the HoF as badly as you do and sink the level of asking the other to nominate you for reasons that are supplied? Also, just a side note, Junoliv's remarks and impatientence about not having his name displayed doesn't (in my opinion) show some one who deserves to be in the HoF.

Once again, I apologize for being the one to do this, and if you both feel the need to ignore me the rest of my time on PC then so be it, but at least know this. If you're going to try and get yourselves nominated, at least do it in PMs and not VMs where everyone can see what you're doing. It's not right, and I think both should have there nominations removed until some one legitimately nomiantes either in an honest manner.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I really hate to be the one to do this, but I'm contesting both Super Luigi and Junoliv's HoF nominations. While everything posted by both of them may be legitimate, I noticed on both of the noted PC members have VMs asking one another vote for the other and make both said nominations bulkier, even going so far as to supply the information.

Maybe I didn't read the rules right or maybe I just feel this isn't right, but shouldn't nominations be sincere and honest, not manufactored because you found some one else that wants to be in the HoF as badly as you do and sink the level of asking the other to nominate you for reasons that are supplied? Also, just a side note, Junoliv's remarks and impatientence about not having his name displayed doesn't (in my opinion) show some one who deserves to be in the HoF.

Once again, I apologize for being the one to do this, and if you both feel the need to ignore me the rest of my time on PC then so be it, but at least know this. If you're going to try and get yourselves nominated, at least do it in PMs and not VMs where everyone can see what you're doing. It's not right, and I think both should have there nominations removed until some one legitimately nomiantes either in an honest manner.

I apologize to all three of you because THAT is something I completely forgot to put in the rules. It was something I was saying to myself "Oh, Ryan, don't forget to add that.." and I posted it without adding it.

Basically, this is true. Membership in the HoF on PC is something that should be earned and said of truth from many a member on the Community. An initial nomination is one thing, but reaching the 10 votes mark to be put into the Hall is something special (something that, in Angela's version of the thread, was kind of abused because originally you could vote for the same person each day until she changed that rule.)

So what I'll do is this; for now, Super Luigi and Junoliv can't nominate each other and the nominations you guys made for each other won't count. If someone else is to nominate you and you guys don't DISCUSS IT via VM (which, just like reputation points on PC, discussing voting or 'repping' each other is illegal.) Of course, if you discuss it with someone else via PM, I can't stop you there. Plus I won't know you're doing it.

Same rule applies, however, I need a nice, organized overview (doesn't have to be an entire paragraph, but more than three sentences would be nice) for a nomination, so when you are fully voted into the Hall, you can have that as a template under your name for everyone to see why you're in the hall. So if anyone else would like to compile something like that for either of them, they can of course be in. :) And Luigi/Juno, you guys can still nominate and vote for others of course, I won't implement the rule I put on the first post because this is the first occurrence.

Again, sorry to you guys, I should have had that rule posted...stupid distractions.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I guess I'll throw in a vote for Ooka today.

Way back in the day I considered him a protégé of mine, but he's since far surpassed me in skill. Not only does he give me a challenging battle each and every time, he's also won two tournaments and has a rather impressive battle record. Without a doubt someone who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame here at PC!

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    By Junoliv
    hey could you add more info to your hall of fame nomination so it can count. here is some, i also won the water whirl cup and the ubers side tourny of pc wifi #8. they say that u should make ur nomination bulkier

My reply
    I don't think I can make my nomination bulkier but I'll update yours.

His reply
    o0k u do that then. i already added more to the nomination i made for u and ur in the list now
    After that I didn't reply.
    He never asked me to vote for him. Simply to add more things he did which I think it alright because it shows why he deserves the spot. We never discussed ANYTHING before this. I didn't know he won the Whirl Cup. I didn't remember he won the Uber Tournament. He just simply asked me to add that.

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021

My reply

His reply

After that I didn't reply.
    He never asked me to vote for him. Simply to add more things he did which I think it alright because it shows why he deserves the spot. We never discussed ANYTHING before this. I didn't know he won the Whirl Cup. I didn't remember he won the Uber Tournament. He just simply asked me to add that.
    i never asked him to vote for me. he didnt notice that u said that the nomination wasnt bulky enough so i told him that u said that. so really stop this, its victimization. he never noticed that u said to make it bulkier. i reminded him of toher things i won. i did nothing diff to what u did and thats telling him that he needs to add more . <.< I dont know dark wolf and if u took sometime out to notice i never asked for his vote. i have never even vm'd him b4 nor pm him. VA wasnt gonna cpunt 2 of my votes cuz he say they need to be bulkier. none of the voters saw that he said that. i ahve a right to tell them. falcon next time get ur facts right before u slander people. in the real world that would lead u to big trouble. show me where i asked him to vote for me in those 2 VMs. So i suggest you and VA actually read b4 making accussations, seriously. Its for your own good so u dont end up looking stupid.

Last edited:

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    @Junoliv

First off, it doesn't take a genius to see what you two were doing without actually coming out and doing it. Regardless of if you hinted at it, said it or honestly didn't know, telling someone what to put in for a nomination, doesn't fly.

Second, to be honest, Super Luigi may not have asked for you to nominate him or vice versa. But like I already said before and VA said, you could have made the initial requests PM and no one can prove or disprove that. What I DO know is that you both made the mistake of making it seem like you both were in the wrong.

Third, I'm not here prevent either of you from joining the PC HoF. I only want to see it done fairly and honestly. If my observations were wrong, and you weren't out to pad your own nomination, then I apologize. But anyone with half a brain would find those kinds of conversations suspicious.

Fourthly, I'll ask you not to try and big a bigger person than you really are. I don't want to flame you, but you came awfully close to flaming me. You're still kid, it's apparent in your attitude and your writing, and I'll let you in on a little secret, I wasn't slandering you guys. I approached the situation in a respectful, calm manner and didn't just immediately go OMFG THOSE TWO ARE CHEATING! You know why? Because that is how things are actually done in the real world.

Last edited:

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Don't mean to spam anymore but look at the date of when I nominated Juno and the date of the VMs. How could the VMs be him telling me to nominate him? And also I think but I'm not sure if Admins can see PMs. If so, ask any Admin. I have never PMed Junoliv. Heck I only vmed him today I think in all my time on PC.
    That is all from me. I'm cool if Juno's nomiation for me doesn't count. I don't want to look like I "cheated" to get on it.

EDIT
    I vote for Richard today.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Listen guys, I don't know what happened with Juno's and Wolf's nominations and votes because the stories seem to be conflicting. We're just trying to be sure that both of them were nominated fairly and without the involvement of more than one member. Until we figure this out, please keep the arguing to PM/VMs so we don't clutter up the thread.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • So did you say we can't vote for the person we nominate and we can't vote for the same person twice?

Eh, I think you did, so I'll go ahead and vote for _Prince_. _Prince_ and I have been going at it in the PC Tourney since one of the very first tourneys, and ever since it's been nothing but an amazing rivalry. I even faced him in the tourney #4 finals, and he kept me on my toes the whole match.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • So did you say we can't vote for the person we nominate and we can't vote for the same person twice?

Eh, I think you did, so I'll go ahead and vote for _Prince_. _Prince_ and I have been going at it in the PC Tourney since one of the very first tourneys, and ever since it's been nothing but an amazing rivalry. I even faced him in the tourney #4 finals, and he kept me on my toes the whole match.

If you nominate someone, you can't vote for them again, and you cannot vote for the same person twice regardless ;D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years

• He never asked me to vote for him. Simply to add more things he did which I think it alright because it shows why he deserves the spot. We never discussed ANYTHING before this. I didn't know he won the Whirl Cup. I didn't remember he won the Uber Tournament. He just simply asked me to add that.

But you still discussed it. Plus, you not knowing his accomplishments means he keeps a low profile about it, so most likely not many know. There hasn't been a Whirl Cup for an entire year so that one is obvious, and the side-tourneys in the PC Wifi Tournament are usually fields of like, eight members. So that's 3 wins and your the champ which sure, you get recognition for them, but they're not as big as winning the ESO (though he did also do that XD). In addition, Junoliv has nothing on his profile, yet battlers like _Prince_ keep their PC Wifi Tournament progress in their signature's (i.e. #7 he reached the Semi-Finals.)

EDITED: Would it kill you to use real words?

You also discussed it. I know I made it seem like because you guys "asked" each other to nominate one another, that's what's keeping you from the Hall. If Luigi VMs me saying "vote for Junoliv!" that is a legal move for the Hall. Whether or not I (or anyone else someone asks) will go and surely vote obviously determines if he gets in or not. What you can't do is ask a friend to bulk up your nomination or do one of those "do this for me, I'll do yours". No need to argue about it, because if both of you were actually meant to be in the hall of fame, you will be! Other battlers will take notice and nominate one of you, then voting can commence. ^_^ And Juno, just because the post I made on making your nomination bigger gets pushed up a little by Ladder results, doesn't mean nobody saw it. Like I said, if recognition proceeds you, you'll be added to the roster in no time. Personally, I believe Junoliv should definitely be in the Hall of Fame, he's proven himself worthy, someone just has to put it in writing. XD

Sorry Luigi, but given your wifi cops out as soon as you get to meaningful matches in the bigger tourneys (not that that's your fault), you've yet to prove yourself to Juno's extent. Same rule applies, of course, if someone gives you a decent, four-sentence nomination I'll certainly add you.

Don't mean to spam anymore but look at the date of when I nominated Juno and the date of the VMs. How could the VMs be him telling me to nominate him? And also I think but I'm not sure if Admins can see PMs. If so, ask any Admin. I have never PMed Junoliv. Heck I only vmed him today I think in all my time on PC.
    That is all from me. I'm cool if Juno's nomiation for me doesn't count. I don't want to look like I "cheated" to get on it.

EDIT
    I vote for Richard today.

Your votes been counted. ^_^ And that's fine with the PM/VM thing, that part wasn't important so you guys don't need to worry about it.

Again, I'm sorry if I said it with weird wording, but the point is you can't ask anyone to do those things for you. No one did that in Angela's Hall of Fame either, despite being able to vote for the same person a bunch of times. If your nomination needs to be bulkier and battlers recognize that, someone will surely come and do so! Especially for you, Junoliv, like I said you've achieved tons of accomplishments, someone just has to put them into a nice formatted piece and then I can add ya. Besides, if Super Luigi has to ask to find out what Junoliv's accomplishments are, then he really hasn't done much digging/research on PC's tourneys and what not. Again, that's not in any way a stab at you, Luigi, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to nominate someone who you don't know half of their accomplishments.

So did you say we can't vote for the person we nominate and we can't vote for the same person twice?

Eh, I think you did, so I'll go ahead and vote for _Prince_.

Yep, Ooka, that's the idea; in order to achieve recognition in the Hall, you should be first nominated by someone who most likely sees you as experienced then be voted for 9 times by 9 different members. If someone nominated Aurafire, then I voted for him each day, that wouldn't really make him a recognized battler, now would it?

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Again, I'm sorry if I said it with weird wording, but the point is you can't ask anyone to do those things for you. No one did that in Angela's Hall of Fame either, despite being able to vote for the same person a bunch of times. If your nomination needs to be bulkier and battlers recognize that, someone will surely come and do so! Especially for you, Junoliv, like I said you've achieved tons of accomplishments, someone just has to put them into a nice formatted piece and then I can add ya. Besides, if Super Luigi has to ask to find out what Junoliv's accomplishments are, then he really hasn't done much digging/research on PC's tourneys and what not. Again, that's not in any way a stab at you, Luigi, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to nominate someone who you don't know half of their accomplishments.
    LOL forget it. let it go. You don't understand. This is now about the HOF as much as it is about being made to look like a cheater. From now on, please, no one vote for me. If anyone votes for me i decline. Do not add my name to that list under any circumstances. I only told him that you said to make the nomination bulkier for the template. and so i let him know what else i had. Its up to him whether he adds it or not. This is not at all about the HOF.

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • LOL forget it. let it go. You don't understand. This is now about the HOF as much as it is about being made to look like a cheater. From now on please no one vote for me. If anyone votes for me i decline. Do not add my name to that list under any circumstances. I only told him that you said to make the nomination bulkier for the template. and so i let him know what else i had. Its up to him whether he adds it or not. This is not at all about the HOF.

No, actually it is. I just said like, 12 times you're an awesome battler and should be up there. But..no one has given you a proper nomination yet. You don't ask people to make your nomination bulkier, they do it because they want to. If they don't see a post that says that's needed, that isn't your fault, but you aren't allowed to bring it up either. Besides, as more and more people nominate, I'm obviously going to repeat the statement "you need a bulkier nomination" so it's not like he would have never noticed that. If you still don't want to be included, that's fine, I just don't see why not because someone else is bound to nominate you.

The point of this conversation is, if you have to tell someone your battle accomplishments, then they shouldn't be the one nominating you.

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    No, actually it is. I just said like, 12 times you're an awesome battler and should be up there. But..no one has given you a proper nomination yet. You don't ask people to make your nomination bulkier, they do it because they want to. If they don't see a post that says that's needed, that isn't your fault, but you aren't allowed to bring it up either. Besides, as more and more people nominate, I'm obviously going to repeat the statement "you need a bulkier nomination" so it's not like he would have never noticed that. If you still don't want to be included, that's fine, I just don't see why not because someone else is bound to nominate you.

The point of this conversation is, if you have to tell someone your battle accomplishments, then they shouldn't be the one nominating you.
    I DO NOT want to be added to that list. and the accomplishments that he posted from the very first post were more than enough for the HoF, so this:

"The point of this conversation is, if you have to tell someone your battle accomplishments, then they shouldn't be the one nominating you."

has no place here. But please u can let it go now, I Look for fairness most of the time not just acknowledgment. And that goes for the incident with getting my name on ESO front page also. GA and Ara's name were added the same night mine took 4-5 days. Normally that should not be anything to look at with a note of suspicion but i have a history that is not a catalyst for friendship , with you.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • LOL forget it. let it go. You don't understand. This is now about the HOF as much as it is about being made to look like a cheater. From now on, please, no one vote for me. If anyone votes for me i decline. Do not add my name to that list under any circumstances. I only told him that you said to make the nomination bulkier for the template. and so i let him know what else i had. Its up to him whether he adds it or not. This is not at all about the HOF.

This is getting out of hand, man. We're all reasonable human beings, can't we approach this in a logical manner? This is, after all, Volkner's thread, and much like Alakazam17 and his tournament, in the end, Volkner has the final say. Your reaction to this whole ordeal is incorrigible; Volkner laid it all out for you, even said you didn't "cheat", or whatever, and even commended you on your achievements. And you respond with what's quoted above. And I'm not one to flame/bait and all that jazz, but that was childish, and illogical.

In the words of Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks:

"Why can't we all just... get along?"

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I DO NOT want to be added to that list. and the accomplishments that he posted from the very first post were more than enough for the HoF, so this:

"The point of this conversation is, if you have to tell someone your battle accomplishments, then they shouldn't be the one nominating you."

has no place here. But please u can let it go now, I Look for fairness most of the time not just acknowledgment. And that goes for the incident with getting my name on ESO front page also. GA and Ara's name were added the same night mine took 4-5 days. Normally that should not be anything to look at with a note of suspicion but i have a history that is not a catalyst for friendship , with you.

Alright, if that's your choice, then it's fine..but I still think you should reverse that.

And no, like I said in the ESO post, I was just really busy and one-track minded. I completely forgot I hadn't already edited the first post. The week the tournament ended was my first week of real summer. I work, go to school, and all my friends came home from college that week so I was on PC very little and when I was, I didn't remember what I was supposed to be doing. What does the day you're added to the first post have anything to do with your accomplishment of actually winning the whole thing? Regardless, this is a conversation that if you wanted to pursue, we should continue it via PM and not here. Let me know if you want to be included in the Hall after this. ^_^

Thank you, Richard XD I also believe all issues should just be dropped. There is no unfairness to this system, all I asked was for somebody to bulk together your accomplishments into something nicer then "Oh and he won the whirl cup." Make it sound cool! "Junoliv also cruised his way through a tight-water field to snatch the first annual Whirl Cup Championships."

Alright, back to business! I'd like to cast my vote for _Prince_ today as well. He's beaten me twice in two tough matches, then our most recent 3rd round battle in the PC Wifi Tournament dismantled my current strategies XD. When I've prepped I'd definitely like a rematch of that >:] But either way, the kid has reached the Semis and Finals of the ESO and PC Wifi Tournament and that takes skill to not only do once, but to keep doing so.

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Ok, its time to do this properly. This:

I would like to nominate Ooka wait. The name is upside down but I think you know who I'm talking about xD. Anyways, Ooka has won 2 PC Wi-Fi Tournaments and shows respect to his(?) fellow battlers.

got OOka's name on the list. Here is VA's response to it;

Thanks for your votes, guys! I'll be updating the Hall of Fame nominations later tonight as well as posting the final tournament rankings this weekend (maybe earlier.) Sorry for making you guys wait, but this sticky was a great idea and has a nice solid start. ^_^ Keep voting for people and doing ladder matches!

This , got you Richard on the list:

Oh, apologies. xD

Richard has been battling at this site since before even I arrived, and he's only changed, I believe, two Pokemon on his team since then. So even with the fact that I know every one of his Pokemon, I still can't seem to muster up the skill to beat him. xD He's most definitely deserving.

This got ala another vote:

I would also like to vote for Alakazam17.

He's perhaps the nicest guy you'll meet here at PC. His organization of the Tournaments has always amazed me, and he's not too shabby at battling either. ;)

These two couldnt get my name on the list:

I would like to nominate Junoliv to the Hall of Fame. Why? Because, despite being new here, he got runner up in the PC WiFi Tournament and won the ESO Tournament. That shows skill right?

I second this Nomination , He won the Water Whirl cup , runner up in Pc Wifi , won the ESO and he's just an all around good player.

This^ is what i mean by fairness.

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Mmkay, I see what you're saying. So to be fair, I'll do this: all current nominations will be placed as pending. Each of the current nominees needs someone besides the person who initially nominated them to make a nice, four-sentence bulk of their achievements to be instated without the pending notion. Until that has been done for a person, a pending name will mean that nominee cannot be voted for.

So in fairness and to show everyone what I mean, I'm going to nominate Aurafire in the proper format. =]

Aurafire stormed onto the battle scene just last year, in '08. Known as "Aurasphere" he helped me create and coordinate the Extreme Speed Open Tournament and it's been a huge success. He has incredible organizational skills and is ten times more active on PC than I am, making him a great candidate for the Hall of Fame. As far as battle experience goes, he certainly isn't lacking in that department! Winner of PC Wifi Tournament #5, finished 3rd place in ESO #1, and was a two-time semi-finalist in the PC Wifi Tournament since his victory there last October. One of the more consistent battlers on the market, it takes an unknown skillful commodity or PC's best to topple him. Aurafire uses his mental edge over opponents, tricking them into corners rather than overpowering them. We should see much more from him once a bigger variety of gyms and tournaments hit the Stadium!

That's how it should be done, folks. Doesn't have to be that long, but you get the idea. Organized and put some effort into it! Also, I'll be posting these little battle-blurbs underneath the nominations inside the spoiler, so people can add to it as these battlers make more accomplishments.

SOOOOO as a last reminder, the person who initially nominated you cannot be the one to give your bulk-nomination. Example) Wolflare cannot give me my bulk, someone else has to. Same goes for Luigi-Junoliv, Richard-Alakazam, Ooka-Richard, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back