• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Phone Calls...

Years
    About the PokeGear Phone Calls....what do you think about them?

I'm scared to pick up a call from the Fisherman near Violet City, who says he likes that he made a *younger friend* And when I rejected one, the Hiker near Azalea, said he was going to cry in the Mountains....

THIS GAME....

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    1. We already had some similiar stuff when you choose you are the "Grass" type by some NPC from Jublife. (He/She says "You choose the Grass type? No wonder you look so calm!")

2. CRY SOME MOAR
    BTW, I don't see a reason to NOT get that Hiker. He's my favorite Phone guy. Dunsparce at Dark Cave ftw.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah, I don't like rejecting them, so I say yes to all of them, which I should probably stop doing.

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    As I read this thread, I got a phone call from the Beverly PokéManiac in National Park saying that she had a Nugget for me.

Oh ya.

That, and it's the only other way to get Stones besides the Bug-Catching Contest and Bill's gramps, I believe. And it tickles my funny bone when one trainer goes on how his Poliwag "May even look tougher than me!"

Years
    i only declined the girl who said she wanted to talk about clefairys because i hate them so much,all they do is double slap

Hahah ! I just got her number about 15mins ago. I don't know who is but he keeps calling talking about his HootHoot and how he trade it away and about how he trade a new hoothoot *I'm guessing later on* that looks the same as his old hoothoot but it just was not his hoothoot. I feel like calling him back and sayin "If your crying to me about it why you trade him anyways!?!?!"

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    My friend literally said:

"The first thing I did after getting fly was to fly home and tell that b**** not to save my money anymore!"

In don't mind as much, because she bought me a moon stone. :)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    At this point, I'm seriously considering blocking every phone call that comes through to me. It's just like in Emerald, where the following happens every time:
    *takes a step, phone rings*
    Hi, it's me! A trainer who you battled a really long time ago and completely forgot about, I wanted to tell you that something totally uneventful occured today that you probably won't care about! *click*
    *takes another step*
    Hi, it's me! A trainer who you battled a really long time ago and completely forgot about, I wanted to tell you that something totally uneventful occured today that you probably won't care about! *click*
    *takes another step*
    *takes another step*

You can probably get what keeps occurring. The only good calls are those from your Mom, when she buys you something good, or from the Day-care people.

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Its good, other then having "Mother" calling you every five minutes. -.-

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Phone Calls, God, I Restarted my Game today to try the Unevolved Challenge.
    Got 1 Trainer phone number. Haven't even beat the first gym [Leveling Mareep to 10 to get Thundershock.]
    And the guys called me like 10 times about his Rattata. and before that.
    I'd get like. 1 phonecall the hour. D:

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I hate how Joey keeps calling me about his rattata that's superior to all other rattatas. God I want to just tell him I don't care!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I hate how Joey keeps calling me about his rattata that's superior to all other rattatas. God I want to just tell him I don't care!

Me too, I can't stand that guy. I never answer Joey's calls. He's just so annoying. I wish there was an ignore button on the phone. I don't want to just walk into a building or enter a battle just to get it to stop ringing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    lol, yeah I've gotten sooooo many phone calls from him! Not even funny.

Years
    They make me laugh. I don't accept everyone who asks me, because I can only hear so much about a wild pokemon someone I don't care about almost caught, but I like the concept. After all, who goes to like a million different places without calling a single person the whole time?

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I decline everyone now because they're so annoying.
    "Hey I just saw a Oddish but it ran away, darn!"
    Me: Congrats, you must feel SOOOO proud.

Yeah I don't really like it too much but just me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not that far, so I don't have too many phone numbers yet, but I'll admit, they're starting to get annoying. Wade gave me a Persim Berry, but most of my other calls have been from Joey about Rattata or from Fisherman Ralph about how he spends more time with his fish than with his family. I'm enjoying the feature now, but I can see it getting old by the time I get farther into the game (I have two badges right now).

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I like the ones later that tell you how badass you are and stuff...and i always answer for fear of missing a rebattle :(

Years
    I'm scared to pick up a call from the Fisherman near Violet City, who says he likes that he made a *younger friend*

God, that creeped me out, too. I was like "... :(" but accepted anyway. I'm surprised your mother gives you this phone, with all of the weird people that can call you.

I accept everyone, click when they call, and just glaze over it. I'm kind of hoping one day someone will get me something awesome. I guess. That and I hate rejecting people, even though they're not real and all.

I'm kind of used to this thing by now, since I played GSC and RSE, and it actually doesn't bother me as much. If anything, I'm more bothered that I have to click on the Pokegear to listen to them talk about something I don't care about... I'm crazy, but if the phone's going to ring, it might as well just pop up for me. I'm lazy. :(

Back