• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Play & Pass Challenge!

Years
  • The Play & Pass Challenge!

I've seen this challenge before in the Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC) forums. I forgot the full name so I changed the name to The Play & Pass Challenge!.

What is the Play & Pass Challenge?

In this challenge, ten people are given a part to complete. Once they're finished, they pass the file to the next person. I know it sounds confusing, so here's an example:

Bob: 1st Gym
    Bill: 2nd Gym

Bob starts the game, then beats first gym leader. After that, Bob will pass the file to Bill. Bill will play until he beats the 2nd gym leader, and he'll pass the file to the next person.

But ROM's aren't allowed in PC!

We won't be posting the files on the site. We'll use MSN or something similar to that for the files. So just give us your e-mail and the person before you that's completed their part will send it to you.

Which game are we going to play?

For this challenge, we're going to play Pokemon Emerald.

How do I sign up?

All you have to do is post in this thread. In your post, write down which part you want to do.

When can we start?

The challenge has already begun!

Note: People whose names are in italic have already done their part.

Roxanne: Vuallum
    Brawly: master95
    Wattson: borax12
    Flannery: Swampert101
    Norman: ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ
    Winona: aaronburnsyou
    Liza and Tate: Blakus
    Juan: .Swift
    Elite 4: GreenStorm
    Steven: Goodies.

Since people have been asking about the Battle Frontier, I decided to open it:

Battle Dome: cheekoo98
    Battle Pike: StrickeN
    Battle Factory:
    Battle Arena: Goodies.
    Battle Pyramid: .Swift
    Battle Palace:
    Battle Tower:

Note: I know some people won't understand what part to sign up for. If you signed up for Roxanne, then you'll be playing from the beginning until Roxanne. Then, you'll beat her. If you signed up for Norman, you'll play until you beat him.

-------------------------------------------------
    Also, a few things to remember:

1. All participators, please subscribe to this thread so you'll be updated.

2. When you're playing, take some screenshots and post them here. Basically, post your progress with some pictures. I might make a blog with all the screenshots at the end, or something similar to that.

3. For this challenge, we will be using the emulator Visual Boy Advance. If you don't have it, PM me then I'll get it for you.

4. The ROM file has to be the US version of Pokemon Emerald.

5. If you're confused about how to give the file to the next person, just use an e-mail. If you don't know theirs, just PM them and they'll give you it. If they don't want to receive it by e-mail, just ask them what other way they'd like to receive it.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • You should add steven to this challenge, Tbh.

I might ask to join in later, but I don't know at the moment.

Years
  • This looks like fun. Can I take Liza and Tate please?

One more thing, do we need a special program for this?

No problem. Also, like Goodies. said, all you need is Visual Boy Advance. If you don't know where to get it, just google it.

No.
    I'm talking about the battle in Meteor Falls, Where he has Level 70-80 pokemon.

Well, it seems like a good idea. Why not, I guess. Unless someone doesn't want to.

Years
  • I'd like to take Brawly please... and do we have to give .sav files??? or .sgm???

Added. And yes, you just have to give the .sav file. If anyone doesn't know where to get the game file, just e-mail me.

The game file will have to be the US version as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I'd like to participate in this quest of epicness, I wish to beat up Roxanne at the beginning :)

borax12

gosh! i forgot my line
    Years
  • add me for wattson
    and one more thing -do we need to only share the save file or what plz explain

Years
  • add me for wattson
    and one more thing -do we need to only share the save file or what plz explain

Added. Now we only need two more people (not including me) and we're good to go!

Also, I'll explain. See, when you have a ROM file, and save (if that game has a save feature), then a .sav file will be created. If you take away that save file and play the game, you won't be able to load you save. So if we all have the same game (Pokemon Emerald), we just need to give the .sav files to each other. That way, we'll be able to load the save that everyone's been playing. So basically, yeah, we'll just give each other the .sav files. Unless you don't have the right ROM, we'll give you that too.

I'm not exactly great at explaining, so feel free to ask again if you didn't understand.

Back