• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Pokéathlon

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
  • I will admit the pokeathlon is alot better then the contests, although I've got so bored with it now, I mean after going and beating all the highscores/trophies in a matter of about 2hours, I was completely disapointed D:, Now its hard to play them over and over just to get points for the items, I average about 550-600 points per run(With the added 100).

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • It's a pretty fun feature. Love that you can get some really good items at the rewards counter, like evolutionary stones, Rare Candies, and vitamins. I've got all but two of the max records broken, I think. I may be down to just one now. I know that I've yet to get the Penance Capture record yet... Hate that thing.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • It's a pretty fun feature. Love that you can get some really good items at the rewards counter, like evolutionary stones, Rare Candies, and vitamins. I've got all but two of the max records broken, I think. I may be down to just one now. I know that I've yet to get the Penance Capture record yet... Hate that thing.
    Pennate Capture was the last record I broke, I've only gotten 36, like 4 times, Just do 4 runs of 9's and your good.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Ah... Thanks for the tip. I was running 5's...
    Well doing runs if (9's) I usually end up getting the finish line at the last second, Its a good thing it counts all the ones you have if you finish and the time runs out.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I didn't really like contests at all but I love the Pokeathlon, the mini games are fun and I just love the whole concept, but does seem like it'd be short loved. Guess I'll see!

Years
  • I love the Pokéathlon, I've already spent 3-4 hours play time on it, plus I hated the contests.
    My team is pretty good at the Stamina Contest, my record is 519 points.
    My best event is Ring Drop (or whatever the wrestling-match type event is called), I got 200 points on that event (not the points added at the end, but the score you get while partcipating)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    i love Pokeathlon!!

the team i use now for power is gyarados, raichu, and pineco. they always win. my current record is 451 points

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • yer its okay i guess but im not a big fan off it its just another spin of from LG/FR thats it so i wouldnt call it a new feature

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • yer its okay i guess but im not a big fan off it its just another spin of from LG/FR thats it so i wouldnt call it a new feature
    I find it hard to figure out what you're referring to exactly. The Pokéathlon was never in any form or way introduced in FR/LG. Neither was the concept or idea if I remember correctly. So, the Pokéathlon is actually a whole new feature to the game as it was never introduced in previous Pokémon games. Much less, FR/LG never even included the Pokémon Contests at the time like RSE had introduced. So, it's pretty new if I had to say so.

Right now though, my focus on the game has basically been on the story. I haven't tried the events in the Pokéathlon Dome as yet, so I couldn't say what I think of it. I do have intentions of trying it out though, and from what I can tell it'll be enjoying which is why I'm aiming to defeat the entire competition. >:)

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • haha defeat the entire competition i had trouble doin it the only one i could do was hurtle race, also im saying its a spin off beacuse LG/FR had mini games in it too and the pokethon is just more mini games but with juges and power jucie with known as aprijucie now in relation of thoses two id say not a new feature thats my opion yours mabye different but hey im not here to ague im just opening up my opion lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    haha defeat the entire competition i had trouble doin it the only one i could do was hurtle race, also im saying its a spin off beacuse LG/FR had mini games in it too and the pokethon is just more mini games but with juges and power jucie with known as aprijucie now in relation of thoses two id say not a new feature thats my opion yours mabye different but hey im not here to ague im just opening up my opion lol
    so it's a spin off because it has mini games? that is a horrible reason. every pokemon game had some sort of mini game.

if you have trouble doing it then pick different pokemon. different pokemon are good at different things.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm a beast at the Speed Competition with my venonat, drifblim and togepi

:3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Me + Poke'thalon = One medal left until championship games.
    But even though I have got 4 medals, I am not fond of the Poke'altholon and I really relied on luck.
    I always get the lowest bonus. The Skill course is killing me, bad.

Although, I do like how it is an added feature. It is better than having nothing at all. I love the desing of the building and training parks out the front.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm a beast at the Speed Competition with my venonat, drifblim and togepi

:3

Same, I got a Vulpix with 5 in Speed and 2 in Endurance, an Eevee with 4 in Speed and 3 in Endurance, and a Dratini with 5 in Speed and 3 in Endurance. They're all decent jumpers, too.

Back