• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity's Art Pokédex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • pcartpokedex.png

dpiconani001.gif
    dpiconani004.gif
    dpiconani007.gif
    dpiconani025.gif

-in case anyone was going to report this; I asked permission to post this by Hiroshi Sotomura. He said it was fine to post.
    Hello, and welcome to The PokéCommunity's Art Pokédex!
    Let's start our introduction, shall we? Hi, I'm Anastasia! I'm another artist here on PC. In the art discussion thread, people pointed out we need soemthing to do here in the Art Gallery section.

Why?

Hello!
    The Graphic art section has the weekly icon and banner contest, and the Pixel/Sprite art section has projects, shops, and their own contest. What about the Art gallery section? I don't see much projects here. So, I decided to post this project. Main purpose is, just to draw and have some fun around here! =D Have something to do! ^..^ Also, with this project, you could make galleries or your own, or even finally leave those art blocks some of you might have! Let's go over rules before somebody ask's "HEY, CAN I DO THIS? POST THIS?" ect.
    Also to add; This isn't my idea. An art pokedex, and this isn't PC's first pokedex project ever. I was inspired by =purplekecleon's pokedex project with her oekaki. Lots of people worked together to make one, big pokedex! ^..^
    dpiconani152.gif
    dpiconani155.gif
    dpiconani158.gif
    Rules
    • 1. Follow the basic PC rules
    • 2. Don't flame or spam
    • 3. Don't submit pre-made work or artwork that was not made by you
    • 4. Include the number or name of Pokemon in the picture
    • 5. Once someone reserved or made a picture of a Pokemon/Pokemon line, don't post another picture of it!
    • 6. If you steal someone else's artwork, you are banned from the project, and will be reported to the staff. Stealing artwork is a big deal.
    • 7. We're here to DRAW. Pixel/sprite, graphic art, and photography will NOT be accepted.
    • 8. Use any Art program you have, and if you don't have one, use the PC Oekaki. You may also scan or take a picture of you drawings.
    • 9. You may NOT use the artwork that is submitted to the project, unless you ask the artist for permission to use the artwork for whatever reason. And PM them, don't post in the thread asking for permission.
    • 10. Have fun~
    --- This is NOT a rule, but this is suggestions on picture sizes in pixels; 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768
    dpiconani252.gif
    dpiconani255.gif
    dpiconani258.gif
    How to join and post to this project​
    Name -
    Art examples (links, links to PC posted galleries) -
    Programs you'll use? -
    PC Oekaki username/profile link (optional) -

With that posted, you can edit it to make it your own profile! To show your reserves, and what you have completed here. =]
    Once you signed up for the project, you are allowed to 'reserve' Pokemon. What's reserving? It's picking a Pokemon line you want to draw, and no one else can make it but you. ^..^
    Example;
    "Pikachu - Riachu - Reserved by [username here]"
    ^That user is responsible for posting a picture of Pikachu and Riachu, UNLESS, THEY DROP THE RESERVE. Once they post the picture link, the list will be edited, the line will have a link to a picture, and done! Once we finish a region list, we move on to the next one. ^..^

Reserving --- Reserve and post only 3 Pokemon or Pokemon lines a day. You and reserve or post less, but not more. Just to keep in order, and sometimes, if you don't have a limit on drawing, sometimes people's work can get a little sloppy. It happens sometimes to some people. ^..^;

Once you have 3 reserves, you can't reserve anymore until you finish all, one or two of the reserves you have.
    So, to anyone who has 3 reserves - You can't reserve anymore until you post some artwork of your reserves! You can post, one, two, or all at the same time. Once you have something done, you can reserve more Pokemon.
    3reserves > posted number here (1-3) pic > You can reserve number here (1-3) more picture.
    WHEN YOU RESERVE A POKEMON LINE, YOU MAY DRAW ALL THE POKEMON IN ONE PICTURE OR IN SEPARATE FILES/PAPERS!

Member Rankings
    Head Member
    Anastasia.R
    ^Ask questions about project to this member, thanks.
    Helpers - people who are willing to help me organize the dex
    Trentface

Elite members - posted 50 pictures or more
    none so far

Amateur member - posted 10 - 25 pictures
    none so far

Members
    dead-man-walking
    Ryu
    Kirozane
    Kinarii
    Eternal Nightmare
    Erica
    Tommy
    NovaStar
    Rell
    aragornbird
    Emlam
    Michael
    countryemo
    Inkpuddle
    Dark Symphonia
    Dr. Octogonapus
    Late
    The 100 Mega Shock
    Late
    Corvidae
    Chari
    zappyspiker
    AquaDan
    saint paxton
    paintyourselfup
    비스트
    ManhattanTheStarr
    Dragonite149
    ~Ryukaa

dpiconani387.gif
    dpiconani390.gif
    dpiconani393.gif

kanto1.png
    Spoiler:

johto2.png

Listing coming soon ...
    hoenn.png

Listing coming soon ...
    sinnoh.png

Listing coming soon ...​

If you have and questions, please, post them here in this thread, PM, VM, or even IM me.​
    Enjoy the art here, post a lot of your art here, to help make the pokedex, and, really, just have a good time. ^..^

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    It begins! :D

Name - dead-man-walking / Waspy
    Art examples - DURPA HURPA HUMP
    Programs you'll use? - Pencil & Paper. Probably GIMP and/or PC Oekaki after I got my tablet.

Years
  • I guess I´ll be in too...

Name - Ryu
    Art examples - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=187419
    Programs you'll use? - Gimp

Is the Squirtle that I made ok for this project? (last update in my thread)

Accepted, but, here's something I need to point out;

Rules
    • 3. Don't submit pre-made work or artwork that was not made by you
    Yeah, sorry, your Squirtle can't be submitted, plus; you needed to sign up, and you need to draw all three together (Squirtle, Wartortle, and then Blastoise).

You two can reserve your Pokemon now. =o I can't wait to see what you submit!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Count me in!

Name - Kirozane, Chelsee, Geniva, Elventigress.... I can't pick one name...
    Art examples- I don't have a PC thread anymore... but http://elventigress.deviantart.com/
    Programs you'll use? - Pencil and Paper and then whatever program I get with my tablet when I get it...
    PC Oekaki username/profile link- Kirozane

If I can claim any now (if I am accepted...) I'd like any or all of the following....
    016 Pidgey - 017 Pidgeotto - 018 Pidgeot
    037 Vulpix - 038 Ninetales
    052 Meowth - 053 Persian
    058 Growlithe - 059 Arcanine

Years
  • Count me in!

Name - Kirozane, Chelsee, Geniva, Elventigress.... I can't pick one name...
    Art examples- I don't have a PC thread anymore... but http://elventigress.deviantart.com/
    Programs you'll use? - Pencil and Paper and then whatever program I get with my tablet when I get it...
    PC Oekaki username/profile link- Kirozane

If I can claim any now (if I am accepted...) I'd like any or all of the following....
    016 Pidgey - 017 Pidgeotto - 018 Pidgeot
    037 Vulpix - 038 Ninetales
    052 Meowth - 053 Persian
    058 Growlithe - 059 Arcanine
    Accepted, but you can only reserve and post 3 POKEMON/POKEMON LINES A DAY. Please take one of the Pokemon lines out please, and I'll fix the list. =3

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

Accepted, but you can only reserve and post 3 POKEMON/POKEMON LINES A DAY. Please take one of the Pokemon lines out please, and I'll fix the list. =3

Alright. Nix Vulpix/Ninetales. I'll do Pidgey-Pidgeotto-Pidgeot, Growlithe-Arcanine, and Meowth-Persian.

To clear up, style does not matter, as long as ti clearly resembles the pokemon?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Totally gotta get in on this :3

Name: Kinarii
    Examples: My dA gallery, yo
    Weapon of Choice: Photoshop CS4, Wacom Intuos3 tablet

Also as a side note, since PC's dA group seems to be involved here, I have a separate account on dA for Pokemon stuff so it doesn't take away from my original work. I'll be putting anything I do for this on that account.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yay :D

Name: Eternal Nightmare
    Examples:
    Spoiler:

Tools Good ole paper and pencil >:D

I'm would like claim
    Smoochum -> Jynx
    Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir/Gallade
    Snorunt ->Glalie/Froslass

That'll be it for now as n_n. This should keep me rather occupied :DD.

Years
  • Totally gotta get in on this :3

Name: Kinarii
    Examples: My dA gallery, yo
    Weapon of Choice: Photoshop CS4, Wacom Intuos3 tablet

Also as a side note, since PC's dA group seems to be involved here, I have a separate account on dA for Pokemon stuff so it doesn't take away from my original work. I'll be putting anything I do for this on that account.
    Accepted. ^..^
    Yay :D

Name: Eternal Nightmare
    Examples:
    Spoiler:

Tools Good ole paper and pencil >:D

I'm would like claim
    Smoochum -> Jynx
    Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir/Gallade
    Snorunt ->Glalie/Froslass

That'll be it for now as n_n. This should keep me rather occupied :DD.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can reserve most of those. o..o; Check the list. I'll put you reserving only Jynx. The others will be other the other generation lists. Oh, right, accepted. XDD

I'll be editing the list, now. =]

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Name → Erica / Lightning
    Examples → http://lightningchan.deviantart.com :( Not that I update it much anymore, orz. Also more recent things. n_n;;
    Tools of the Trade → Either good ol' traditional tools or tablet. Probably tablet since idk if my scanner still works. :'(

This sounds fuuuun. I've always wanted to draw my own Pokédex but don't have to drive to do all ~500 of them so maybe assisting another Pokédex is the way to go. xD

Years
  • Name → Erica / Lightning
    Examples → http://lightningchan.deviantart.com :( Not that I update it much anymore, orz. Also more recent things. n_n;;
    Tools of the Trade → Either good ol' traditional tools or tablet. Probably tablet since idk if my scanner still works. :'(

This sounds fuuuun. I've always wanted to draw my own Pokédex but don't have to drive to do all ~500 of them so maybe assisting another Pokédex is the way to go. xD

Welcome aboard!
    And, yeah. xDD So, yes, you can pick and draw your three reserves once you think about them. =33

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd like to reserve... Pikachu/Raichu, Zubat/Golbat, and... I think that's it for now.

I'm not totally clear on this but the other dexes don't open up until we've completed first gen, right? So reserving something from another gen isn't possible until we've totally finished all gens before it?

Years
  • I'd like to reserve... Pikachu/Raichu, Zubat/Golbat, and... I think that's it for now.

I'm not totally clear on this but the other dexes don't open up until we've completed first gen, right? So reserving something from another gen isn't possible until we've totally finished all gens before it?
    I'll edit the list then. =3

Yes, its impossible. D= I wanted to go in order so, once we finish the Kanto, we go to the next region/generation, and so on. ^..^

I'll be editing the list of members and reserves, once I get on a computer. XD *using phone*

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Ok, sorry, didn´t read that too carefull, it seems...
    Anyway, I´d like to reserve the Oddish line, and Koffing line.
    Please, thanks, see ya

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Ah I'm sorry ><. Well then ill reserve the oddish line and the bellsprout line for now then P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back