• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokédex of PokéCommunity

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen yesterday
    I like the concept of Squirry and it's evolutions a lot, but the design of Squirry looks very "plain" right now. Compared to your last one, it at least took a concept such as using a mask overlay as its face, which made it interesting. Remember that Pokémon tend to have very different aesthetics when placed against real world animals, which is what makes them unique.

If we look at another squirrel for example, such as Pachirisu, you can tell it's based on a Squirrel, but has features and designs that let the viewer know it's not "just a squirrel". Considering you have a mask theme going on for the evolutions, why not play on that? An example could be making it look very rugged with a bandit mask, and when given the beautiful mask items, make it more extravagent. Like Cinderella or something.

Long story short, I think the concept has lots of potential, so make use of it! :D
    You don't necessarily have to use the mask overlay thing from the last design again, but in my opinion it's much more fun to look at than that normal face it has now :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen yesterday
    I have to agree that Normal types are hard to make non-plain, but there's never any harm in making it a wee bit different!

Since you used Rattata as an example, let's dissect its design a little more. First, you're right that it's a plain design. In this case, it adds nothing to it different from a rat, such as wings, or claws, or anything of the sort. It's a plain rat.

However, if you look beyond that, you'll begin to notice why it's so different from a rat. Here's a list:
    -it's purple. There's no such thing as a purple rat.
    -the tail curls at the end, something very unusual in rats.
    -the whiskers are thick and part of the face, rather than thin hairs like a real rat
    The idea behind Rattata is that it isn't tryin to be some special Pokémon with flare. But, it still manages to convey that it's different even if it's those very small changes, which make a big difference.

I understand you're trying to make it plain, so maybe some ideas is to play around with things like a tail shape, or a design on its body! :D

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit fussy, though. I just really like the concept and evos and wanted this guy to be as unique as them :)

Years
  • Just got home after being gone for two days, so I'll update the main post in a little bit!

But, as far as mega evolutions go guys, keep in mind that the total base stat increase should be one hundred, and HP does not increase

oops, as far as stats go I don't know much so I just made it have similar total stats to mega-mewtwo and made them all the same number :P feel free to have someone else come up with better stats

Etherion

I'm trying to make a Pokemon sprite atm to submit here, but its not turning out great :(

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Thanks for critiquing it :3.

The problem with making the design more complicated is that Squirry is designed with plain in mind. I mean, for one thing it's normal type, and often times normal types (Rattata, for instance) have a plain design. I designed it so that it appeared rather dull compared to it's evolutions, which utilize the masque to become more flashy and unique.

Anyway, I see what you mean about making it more than just a cartoon animal. I can try expanding on it's basic design a bit, but I'll have to think about what I could add.
    I've found that part of the trick to making plain animals look more Pokémon-y is to change the shape of the body parts. Rattata, besides the curly tail that Sunfished already mentioned, has a much larger and rounder head than a real rat, in order to make its face more expressive.

Since Squirry and its evolutions focus on the masks it wears, I would suggest making the face rounder and more prominent, maybe with some tufts of fur where the masque will go. Right now its body has the most focus, since its legs and head are small and lack details.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Ah! Nearly two weeks since there's been a post here. I'm slowly adding designs to the first post, and here's an old design I'll be adding in as well. I didn't completely finish the info, but I figured I may as well post what I've got for now. c;

I might try to get an updated design in, or maybe see if someone wants to make a sprite for her, but as far as the technical info goes, the main thing I need to fix is her learnset. She learns a new move basically every two or three levels, which is a bit cluttered. What I might do is see which ones can be converted into TM/Tutored Moves and take them out of her level up moves. I'll also need to do egg moves, so there's that.

• The Pokédex of PokéCommunity
    • Sorciel
    • Dark/Fairy
    • Void of Creation*, Shadow Tag, Infiltrator
    • The Oblivion Pokémon
    • Gender Ratio:
      0%
      100%
    • Flavor Text
      • things
    • Base Stats
      • HP: 120
        [*]Attack: 150
        [*]Defense: 80
        [*]Special Attack: 90
        [*]Special Defense: 110
        [*]Speed: 130
    Spoiler: Learnset
    Start
    Start
    Start
    Start
    Bite
    Shadow Claw
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Double Team
    Dream Eater
    Feint Attack
    Glare
    Shadow Sneak
    Shadow Punch
    Cosmic Power
    Thief
    Taunt
    Torment
    Night Slash
    Slash
    Screech
    Sucker Punch
    Crunch
    Dark Pulse
    Nasty Plot
    Moonblast
    Moonlight
    Psycho Cut
    Knock Off
    Scary Face
    Fake Out
    Phantom Force
    Haze
    Play Rough
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang
    Poison Fang
    Detect
    Earthquake
    Mind Reader
    False Swipe
    Swords Dance
    Hammer Arm
    Will-O-Wisp
    Meteor Mash
    Mean Look
    Outrage

Sorciel also commands the ability to use the following moves, though it's unknown how or when she is able to.
    Spoiler:

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
    Years
  • Well, why not :D I've posted them in my own thread, however that was before I saw this one. I guess it'd be nice to participate ;D
    Info in spoilers, to be tidy.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If anyone got ideas for names/stats/flavor texts, feel free to add them <3

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The Pokédex of PokéCommunity

Spoiler:

Charaqa? Where the Ch sounds like k? That seems to fit for me I dunno why.

Years
  • How about Aeneas, Anchises and Ascanius respectively? :3
    You mean, like, from The Aeneid? How did you come up with these names?

Edit: sorry, that sounds kind of rude. I mean, I don't get the basis or etymology of these names, like, I don't get the bug-y connection.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen yesterday
    Submitting some from my thread :)

Also, I'd like to type Fanshee to Normal/Psychic, if that's fine with you Nakuzami :)

Stats and Junk
    Spoiler:

Also, as comments, I'd like to say those are very amazing sprites Esper and Kamushi! :O
    I really love how clean and "sharp" your sprites are, Esper, but at the same time I'm amazed by how intricate and well detailed yours are, Kamushi.
    I'd love to see more fakemon done in those styles!

Etherion

You mean, like, from The Aeneid? How did you come up with these names?
    Edit: sorry, that sounds kind of rude. I mean, I don't get the basis or etymology of these names, like, I don't get the bug-y connection.

Yup :) Oh dont worry, they're just suggestions though :3

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
    Years
  • 3 more >.<

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Lol. The name Snailord just makes me thing of a very slow Wailord

I'll see about adding as much as I can tomorrow, folks! I might also grab a few more old designs from the previous project

Nakuzami

Years
  • Grabbed some designs from the previous project

Spoiler: Stalava

Spoiler: Poltitch Line

Spoiler: Delcrofet

Spoiler: Cirreon

Spoiler: Teurrorox

Spoiler: Bapye Line

I'll add Furvia here once I redesign her. I'll see about completing the designs for Delcrofet and maybe redoing the Bapye line. Or if anyone wants to make some sprites for them, that would be neat. c:

I'm also looking to grab Laelab and Oneirox, but I'm waiting for a response from the original designer of Laelab. Oneirox's original designer hasn't been on pc for over a year, so I'm not sure what I'll do about that lol.

Now I'm going to start adding designs to the first post. :3

Nakuzami

Years
  • Hello yes, this place has gone silent. I've been super busy and I'm sure many others have been as well. I'll make sure to update this all asap

not gonna let it die that easily lol

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen yesterday
    Here's one I made for something that was never used:

Stats
    Spoiler:

A lot of fakemon have yet to be added to the main posts, especially ones from the first page. It's sorta weird, since yu got quite a few added in from the second page. But no rush! You seem quite busy with other things :O

Back