• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    2cLXH.png

- "Hour of the Houndour"

The Houndour are walking towards Ash and his group in the darkness, so. :x Again bad quality!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love these ideas, some of you have great imaginations.

Next theme shall be put up in the first post. :D

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I didn't know this event existed until now, Was busy doing other events,

I submit something now if that is all right with you :)

Years
  • 5DWr2.png

This is a scene from Pikachu's Vacation after the playground destroyed by Charizard was rebuilt and the Pokémon were having fun sliding down this slide.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • From the episode Steamboat Willies in DP...they were literally singing a song about having fun in this ಠ_ಠ
    Spoiler:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    fuuuuun.png

Shot I grabbed from "Hocus Pokémon". Ash (as a Pikachu) is playing with his Pikachu, Togepi and a Murkrow. A lotta fun goin' on in this pic. :)

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    2ajsxet.jpg

Rough Tough Jigglypuff
    Lisa is having fun playing with her new Jigglypuff.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    0RIYi.png

- "Flower Power"

Pikachu having fun learning to dance with Bellossom. :3

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • slidejx.png

"Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!"

Ash and Pikachu on the awesomest slide ever, it makes them fly! xD

I don't know much old episodes so my snaps are more new than anything x]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay guys, we're drawing close to the end of the event, with just one more theme left.

Your Favourite Scene in the Anime - An easy one probably, but a great way to finnish off.

You've all got around 10 hours till 11:59pm EDT, for this event to finnish and winners to be decided.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Nice entry category. Well watching the last Anime contest saga, I decided to take snaps of great scenes, and I always remember this one, it's the last contest moves.

supernova640.png

"A Grand Fight for Winning!"

Dawn and Zoey's Pokemon collide making a sort of supernova effect. Great scene =)

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • Oh gosh guys...don't make me do this...I have too many scenes that I like...some more epic than others...

But, I think I'll go with this one, to be true to my heart. When Paul left and Ash shouted "let's battle again!" I bawwed like a baby.

In terms of aesthetic appeal, I think this looks better:
    Spoiler:

But...you know what? That's not my entry. This is. Because in terms of impact, this took my heart away.
    Spoiler:

DP 188, you will live on in my recesses of my soul forever ;_;

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This one was tricky. In fact, I'm not sure that I have a single best moment in the anime (though it's typical that I will think of one say a week from now >>). There are particular episode that I love, particularly for story, character development, darkness, love and emotion. There's been many tear-jerking moments, certainly.

In the end, I've settled for what is, arguably, the coolest Pok?mon episode of ALL TIME (no other episode since has come close). Cast your minds back to before CGI special effects, high-definition 16:9 widescreen and even digital colouring. There are many amazing scenes in it, but I felt that it really didn't work when you saw just one frame of it. So I went for the best one frame shot I could find. And here it is:

vlcsnap2011072123h23m47.png

This is, of course, from Volcanic Panic. Charizard has landed, having just thrown Magmar several hundred feet down into a volcano with it's incredible Flying Seismic Toss (I tried to screenie the move itself, but each shot really didn't do the awesome animation any justice). BAM! Charizard vs. Magmar will always stick in the memories of those of us, 8 or 9 years old, who watched Season 1 as one of the best moments in the history of the anime. IT WAS AWESOME!

So yeah - mah favourite part. ^^ Also - well done to everyone else. I've loved lookin' the screenies everyone has entered and recognised most of them (nothing past Season 8 :P). It's been real fun and quite challenging finding the right ones. :D Good Luck to all!

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    This one is very difficult. I would pick an episode from the original series but I decided I would pick this:

1447h54.jpg

A Togepi Mirage
    This is probably my favorite scene in the anime. Misty hugs Togepi before she releases it and blah blah.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Thanks for all the entries, and we enjoyed them a lot! It also showed us a lot of different scenes of different themes!

And, with the GT8 closing, the snapshots event will also come to a close. The winners will be announced as soon as possible - keep an eye on the post after this post, or sometimes, this post!

Back