• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie was... somewhat tempted to let Dragonair out. Yet it was pretty crowded. Then again, everyone here was walking. Dragonair /flew/. Valorie glanced at Xavier as he ran up beside her briefly before she started walking. Though, she shifted Swinub to one arm and began digging around in her satchel.

"Alright..."

She then pulled out a pokeball and returned Swinub, who obviously needed more training until he would be safe to have out near HoTa anyway. Yet, she then proceeded to pull out a second pokeball. This time she aimed it up in the air. She proceeded to let Dragonair out, noteworthy because Dragonair is really large, even for a dragonair. If your average dragonair was supposed to be thirteen feet tall, then Dragonair was twenty.

Valorie looked up at Dragonair, and found herself being peered down at. Yet, she wasn't getting anything from Dragonair's expression. It was rather blank and unnoteworthy. What did that mean? Valorie was pretty paranoid regarding how she thought Dragonair might be upset at her, needless to say. After a moment she looked back at Xavier and gestured up to the large floating serpentine pokemon, proceeding to speak.

"This is Dragonair. I hatched her myself...~"

Valorie was not all that shy about bragging about her pokemon. After all, there was so much to admire! Puns aside, she was pretty proud of Dragonair. It was an enthusiasm she had only for dragon pokemon... or in certain cases pokemon that very much resembled dragons. Meanwhile, Dragonair floated along above the group, keeping pace. After a few moments she seemed to notice Mark though. She proceeded to lower her head down to him as if expecting something, her expression abruptly cheery.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark walked along with the rest of the group to head into the Expo. Valorie had called out Dragonair to float along with them. Mark remembered when she was only a Dratini... how time flies. He wondered if she still thought of Mark and Valorie as Mom and Dad... Dragonair did happen to notice Mark and lowered her head to him.

"Hey you sure have gotten big haven't you?" Mark said happily as he pet Dragonair. He wasn't sure if the gesture was to pet her or to ride her. Either way though, A bit of attention from her "dad" Ought to make her happy.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

Thyme nodded at Snype and slipped her arm around him again. She was deep in thought. Mainly about what Gemma had said. It was posible she had over reacted. After all, the teacher might not have even been talking about her. But then again, her words had a certain truth to them. Maybe... It was true Thyme was not the best behaved pokemon. She was too smart to really need directions. Brian also had a tendancy to just let her go whenever she wanted. Maybe... Maybe she wouldn't get in so much trouble if she at least tried this psycho-whatever. Hm... Hadn't Snype said he had been trained to be independent? Well, she hadn't, she was just naturally independent. Except for with Brian and Snype.

"Hm... Snype, I was wondering... How exactly did you stop getting yourself into so much trouble? Because, you're a very independent pokemon, like me, but you seem to listen a lot better. Hm... I'm a little tired of always getting myself into trouble. Granted, it's not the samekind of trouble as you got into, but you must have something that could help," Thyme said, her voice a mere whisper. She wanted to try and learn some way to control her temper. It wasn't as simple as just doing it. That hadn't worked. After all, her temper had made her snap at Snype, several times, hurt Duster, and push Blaze into trying to fight her twice, the first time with near deadly results! And that was just today. And the day was not even half done. She looked up at Dragonair.

"My god, you have gotten big! Snype, take a look at your little sister up there!" Thyme said, her voice awed. How could a pokemon be so big? She couldn't imagine anything getting that big. But weren't some pokemon bigger than that? Wow...

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked up at Dragonair and got quite a jump! He hadn't been so close to her in awhile... she sure has grown big... Not much of a little sister anymore. But then again, Snype was pretty small compared to her back when he was a Sableye. He wondered what it would be like calling a Dragonite his little sister... that would have some hilarious results.

"How I stopped getting into trouble?... well... hehehe... I still get myself in trouble alot but I know when to stop and listen. Mark really dosn't mind if I go off to get myself in trouble because he knows I have fun that way! He's way too chilled out to worry about any angry parents or anything along those lines..." Snype said. He thought about how to continue from there....

"...Well, while I listen to what Mark tells me when I go out of line, I know to mostly be responsible with my own actions. If I'm going to go out and cause trouble I need to make sure it's nothing too bad that could really harm somebody. Heheh, I mean, alot of my own pranks are "Mostly" Harmless... I just stop and think before I act." Snype suggested.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
INSIDE HOTA (finally hey?)

"Everything is ready?" asked a middle-aged, handsome gentleman calmly as he stood in front of a large, body-length mirror held up by two hushed, stymied looking girls in deep purple pencil-skirt suits with a discreet HoTa emblem stitched into the right lapel of their jacket. An efficient-looking red haired woman stood by the door, tapping away at her PDA with a perpetual scowl on her face and nodded briskly, potentially the only person in the entire building who didn't look up with Mr Houghton-Taylor directly addressed her. Then again, it wasn't like she needed to – Holly had been the Director's PA for more years than she cared to remember, having been offered the job by the man who was once her peer at their shared high-school during a particularly dry spell of job offers one rainy Sunday around a decade ago.

"As ready as it has been since last week, Steve," she said simply, not once looking up from the tablet as her stylus clicked away with terrifying accuracy – it was almost as though her eyes were merely guiding the brain, the hand moving on autopilot across the screen of the handheld. "Cynthia and Cameron have checked in, Cameron in usual style, and the Hoenn, Kanto and Johto delegations are around Celadon as we speak, so after your introduction they will be here. The Conference Centre is fully staffed, all stands and pitches are manned by their respective staff and that problem with Devon's latest Decoy Smokescreen and the fire alarms has been rectified. All security personnel are stationed at their posts, with extra manpower around stations G and J as requested, with another 50 on standby should they be required, Saffron and surrounding borough police are also on Amber alert, with a company of officers from each station manning the roadblocks, the roof and Saffron airspace. Caterers are scheduled to begin preparations within the next 2 hours and Jane will report back to me as soon as there is any movement down there, with the agreed menu approved by yourself. The Grand Ballroom is practically decorated fully, there are finishing touches to be made by the groundsmen in the Gardens outside and there are a few problems with fairy lights on the blink but the electricians are dealing with this. And the...hold on a sec Steve," trailed off Holly as she pressed a finger to the device in her ear, wincing slightly in concentration as she listened to the words coming over the slightly crackly line. With a nod, a small smile spread across her face and she returned her stylus-wielding hand to her tablet, "the Academy have arrived – they are being greeted by the Cabinet and the Unova Champion as discussed, but I believe your Daughter has flouted protocol completely and is roaming the halls of HoTa as we speak...as predicted."

"Excellent, excellent Hol, I knew you'd have it all taken care of for me, I don't know what I'd do without you," Mr Houghton-Taylor said breezily as he turned to the side, fiddling with the collar of his immaculate suit – a crisp black suit that cost more money than the combined construction and staffing costs of Raikou and Entei dorms at the Academy – and brushed some imaginary dust off his broad shoulder. Tilting his head to the side, he surveyed himself closely; being nearly as vain as his Daughter, Mr Houghton-Taylor wouldn't settle for looking anything less than perfect. Mid-forties, he was a very handsome man, with short black hair streaked through here and there with the stubborn grey hairs a man of his age and position would have expected to find a decade previous. His tan skin wasn't indicative of sessions in a sunbed, or of any kind of spray or lotion, more his natural olive skin tone, unlike the somewhat artificial tone of Brogan. Brown eyes twinkling with good humour, he nodded towards Holly with a final pull of his jacket before smoothing down the arms despite the lack of creases in the fabric anyway. "How do I look?"

Holly glanced up from her screen after a moment, nodding her head ever so slightly before averting her eyes back down to the handheld computer. "Ravishing as always Steve, I don't see how those hormonal teenage girls will be able to keep their hands off you. Good job we hired all those extra security bods." She answered with a sober tone, defied by the amused twinkle in her eyes at her boss and friend's vanity. Mr Houghton-Taylor rolled his eyes and sniffed, waving his hand towards the mirror-wielding employees dismissively, already on his way out of the door as they hurriedly took their leave.

"Fantastic, just what I was aiming for. Now, I must go and find my darling Daughter. Later Hol, keep up the good work and I'll find you in an hour or so. Any emergencies, I'm on the XTransciever."

Brogan

Brogan strode through the hallways of HoTa up towards her Father's Penthouse office, an office that stretched over the entire top portion of the building, with determination. Now, here at the Expo, she would convince him that she was ready to come back home, having been at the Academy for more than enough time to learn to appreciate her peers and Pokemon. Yep, she had friends...perhaps not friends as such, but she had spoken to people at the Academy...that was enough surely. He would understand what a challenge it was for her in the first place, he wouldn't ask her to go above and beyond HIS call of duty...

"Brogan!" came a deep, amused voice from behind her and she stopped walking with a small smile spreading over her face before turning to see her Father walking towards her with that same self-assured swagger that accompanied a self-made man but didn't stink of arrogance like the personas of some...namely herself but whatever. Beaming at him, she practically ran to him and wrapped her arms around his back as high as she could as he enveloped her into a hug and kissed the top of her head warmly. "I was told you were wandering the corridors like you own the place. You look...just the same as when I last saw you actually," he conceded with a laugh, stepping back and holding his Daughter at arm's length. Brogan rolled her eyes and swatted his hands off her, her actions betrayed by the pure happiness on her face at being back in her own homeland with the Father she loves beyond words.

"Daaaad, stop it. You've got a job to do, remember? Although I don't know why you're bothering...it isn't like these people are going to appreciate nearly half of what we show them," she drawled with an irritated huff to her voice, linking her arm back through her Dad's as they wandered down the corridor towards the lift that would take them to the Grand Foyer where Mr Houghton-Taylor would meet the Academy students. Inwardly, she smirked mischievously – sewing the seeds before he even saw the misfits would ensure that, ultimately, when she did decide to ask him to release her from this sentence he would surely agree.

"Inspiring young minds to take up the entrepreneurial mantle of the older generation is what we do here at HoTa," smirked Mr Houghton-Taylor, jabbing the down button at the lift as Brogan shot him a sideways glare. He sounded sincere despite his smirk...well, he had never seen lesser mortals as an underclass as Brogan had, if anything he had tried his darn best to drum it into Brogan and Jenna's minds that he had come from the same underclass himself. The mere mortals of the working class, for whom money was a dream and not a lifestyle.

"If you say so, but these kids don't have an entrepreneurial bone in their collective body I fear," sighed Brogan wistfully, rolling her eyes as the elevator doors pinged open. Brogan stepped into the lift, looking round the large airy chamber, big enough to fit 30 people comfortably and still have breathing room left for much-needed ventilation, Vivaldi streaming calmingly out of the speakers above their heads.

"Some would have said the same about me when I was your age Brogan, and now look at me. I chose Vivaldi to play in this lift. Because I own this lift, as I own the entire building. Don't write people off so soon," he said breezily in a tone of voice that indicated very well that he wasn't about to take Brogan on with this topic. Perhaps now, given that he was preparing to address these people, wasn't the best time to float their inferiority to her Father.

"Of course you do Father, but you are Superman and everyone knows that," said Brogan with a smile, closing off the discussion with a brief raise of the eyebrows from her Father as the Elevator reached its' destination – Ground Floor: The Grand Foyer.

"Showtime," grinned Mr Houghton-Taylor, straightening the Windsor Knot of his deep purple tie in the elevator mirror before the doors slid open, revealing a large glass foyer, with purple draped hangings around the glass walls, the HoTa emblem emblazoned in stained glass across the back wall facing the entrance. Stepping out into the foyer, the hall fell silent, so Brogan's hells clicked along the polished marble floor beside her Father's silent, leather-soled steps. Some employees actively bowed to Mr Houghton-Taylor, these lesser staff who saw their Director once every 6 or so years, to whom his legend preceeded him and his presence drew unequivocal awe and respect from.

Walking over to a cluster of older men, Mr Houghton-Taylor beamed from ear to ear and did his 'business handshake' as Brogan dubbed it – the one where he reached his hand out firmly whilst he was still around two or three meters from the person and, on hand-to-hand contact he reached out with his other hand and grasped one firmly in both of his. It seemed to work – that handshake had secured Mr Houghton-Taylor many a client in the past. The group laughed jovially, and Brogan recognised them as the 'inner sanctum' – not exactly a part of the Executive Committee but valued advisors whose presence and opinions were of immeasurable importance to Brogan's Father.

Suddenly, the doors to the main entrance flew open and in strode the Vice-President at the head of an exodus of bodies. Gerald, the VP, nodded once to Mr Houghton-Taylor, who had made his way to the raised podium before the Executive Committee had even finished filing through the doors, in place ready for when the students had packed out the foyer. Brogan stood by the side of the room level with her Father, not anywhere near his spotlight of course, but distancing herself quite symbolically from the rest of the students. Showtime.

Selene

"This place is incredible," spoke Selene near breathlessly, looking up at the building as far as she could, her neck stretched right back. It was only after a few moments that she realised she couldn't see the top – from below, it simply looked like a never-ending tower of glass, the kind of structure that you read about in books and saw featured in documentaries on the television but you never saw in real-life. Returning her head to its' normal position, Selene stretched out the slight crick in her neck that had developed from craning up to look at the building for so long, and glanced from side to side. Huh. The heavy Police presence was both comforting and foreboding...was this normal procedure or were they expecting some kind of attack? Her Island hadn't a police force as such...perhaps this was just how they did it in the mainland cities...

"It's very...big though..." trailed off Sel with an anxious tug on her bottom lip as she realised just how sheltered her life on Four Island was now that she had been implanted into one of the largest cities in Kanto. This made the whole thing more serious, more real. It seemed, now, as though the Academy wasn't the end goal that Selene had to strive for, the Academy was only a stepping stone towards this bigger world that demanded so much more from Selene than her Island community had. And she had no idea what end she was working towards if not excelling at the Academy and graduating with flying colours...maybe this was part of growing up, part of learning about yourself and your future...this thought wasn't particularly comforting, though.

Distracted from her thoughts, Selene looked up as a red-headed man on a Pidgeot zoomed over towards the gathered crowd...who was this person? Something to do with the Academy? Glancing at Vince, it seemed from his expression that he knew who this was...so why did Selene not have a clue?

Ah. Because he was from the Unova league, of course. He didn't seem like a regular Champion...whatever one of those was...he seemed a lot more left of centre than Selene had expected. Although Champions were ultimately just people too she guessed, the title of Champion seemed to indicate someone much older and more mature than this guy was acting. Cameron Odell...oh! Must be Skye's brother, Selene realised after a moment of musing over the name Odell, confirmed as Cameron dragged Skye from the crowd and hugged the younger boy.

"Thank you Mr Odell," said an older-looking man with grey hair, stepping forward with something approaching disdain on his face, watching as Cameron dragged Skye off, he didn't seem too approving of the Unova Champion's performance. Maybe the whole vibe that Selene had picked up on wasn't really the look that HoTa management were aiming for... "And to all of you, welcome to HoTa Corporation's annual Expo. I am Vice President Reynolds, and the Executive Committee and myself will shortly lead you into the Expo, where you shall be greeted by our esteemed Director Mr Houghton-Taylor, founder of HoTa Corporation. Please ensure that you remain together within the group until otherwise instructed lest our Security service take action on anybody they perceive as a threat. If you will follow us, we shall lead you to the Grand Foyer and Mr Houghton-Taylor." Mr Reynolds concluded his speech after a brief word in his ear from an aide to his side and inclined his head toward the crowd, turning and making his way through the parted committee group into the imposing HoTa building. As the Committee disappeared through the doors, almost like they were swallowed into it by a vacuum, the students followed.

"Yes, we mustn't be left behind," she quipped to Vince with a smile as they walked/were pushed forward by the moving crowd. Stepping into the HoTa building, Selene let out an audible gasp...the outside was just like the inside, all glass, with a no apparent ceiling as the building seemed to have taken the form of a great, hollowed out square. Judging by the size of the Grand Foyer, the building was even bigger than it had appeared on the outside...not really understanding how that was possible, Selene settled for just gaping around the building and wondering how one man could build this huge empire from dust. Inspirational wasn't even the word for it...
Looking forward to a raised platform toward the back of the room, Selene noticed that their esteemed Principal, Gary Oak, was in deep discussion with a man who quite easily could have passed for a middle-aged-but-not-nearly-past-his-prime-movie star. Mr Houghton-Taylor no doubt...the man was gorgeous, and Selene could easily see how Brogan had taken after him in the looks department.

As Professor Oak walked away from Mr Houghton-Taylor to join the other Teachers by the HoTa Executive Committee near the front of the room, Mr Houghton-Taylor looked out over the sea of students. He cleared his throat, but not for signalling quiet was necessary Selene suspected, the group of students had fallen quiet from the moment he had turned and laid his eyes on them. A moment of silence extra than was necessary passed, Selene suspected that it was designed to give Mr Houghton-Taylor the rapt audience that he often commanded, before he smiled disarmingly and opened his mouth.

"Impressive turnout, it's good to see that the Academy has such a wealth of talent to be training up to be the next generation of leaders, I'm sure that many of your future employers in this very building today will agree with me," he spoke in an almost calculated manner but Selene picked up the sense that he truly believed and felt every word he said from the heart, he seemed completely genuine. "I was once like all of you – young, idealistic, free. Never lose that, that is what will allow you to build your futures, to live your dreams...these qualities allowed me to build my empire today, to work with the institutions that I had dreamt of being even a small part of ever since being a young boy, even the institutions I wouldn't hear of for another decade or so, I work with today. And I love every minute of my job, it is potentially the most fulfilling use of my life that I could think of," he paused after this strong statement, and Selene found herself silently willing him on to speak more. He was a very engaging speaker, and his words seemed completely true, she could almost imagine the small brown haired boy sat in his room, watching footage from the Indigo League.

"The companies and institutions you will meet today are the best in their field – they are pioneers, and they are working to change the world, to make it a better place. To help portray their message, to be a part of that wider mission in the world is the most gratifying feeling, and I really hope that you are inspired the same way that I was all those years ago when you meet them all today. In the main Conference Centre you will find everything you will need to learn about these institutions – exhibits, stands, bodies with voices and opinions that you will want to hear once you get in there, and a number of battlefields for both watching showcases and showcasing your own styles. As you will know, your own Teachers include Gym Leaders, Champions, the experts within their chosen fields, and some will be participating within this Expo in a role independently of their Teaching roles, giving you a chance to see another side to the faces you see every day. We also have a number of...special guests...who will be making appearances and showcasing throughout the Expo...but I wouldn't want to spoil the surprises for you just yet. So please, follow my colleagues through to the Conference Centre and have the best day possible." He concluded with a bow, met by rapturous applause and cheering from the audience of students that he had kept riveted throughout his talk. Selene found herself slapping her hands together and cheering despite herself, catching herself after a moment and coughing somewhat sheepishly, grinning at Vince as the students began to move forward into the Conference Centre.

"He is...something special isn't he..." she said with admiration dripping from her voice, beaming widely as she twisted round as they passed by the platform to see Mr Houghton-Taylor hugging Brogan tightly, who ruffled his hair affectionately with a laugh. "Seems like a really nice man...despite his obvious power and wealth...there should be more people like him...ah sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a fangirl rant," she apologised to Vince with a small laugh as they made their way along with the crowd of students into the Conference Centre.

If the Foyer had been impressive, then the Expo set-up Conference Centre was beyond impressive.

The rectangular hall was beyond huge – 4 large battlefields set out in the middle of the hall with battles already raging between trainers, stands set out around the edge of the hall depicting the biggest names in the Pokemon World – Indigo, Orange, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova leagues, Silph, Devon, Magnet Rail, Stern Shipyards, Museums...basically, every company or institution of note seemed to be represented by HoTa, and HoTa had delivered on the unspoken promise of the largest PR firm in the world by the amount of room dedicated to each stand, allowing the students to all rush to one stand if they so wished and still have room to look at what they wanted to look at, ask questions to whom they wished to ask them to without feeling completely cramped and devoid of space. Smart-looking employees in purple suits milled around the crowds, handing out refreshments – drinks, poffins and pokeblocks for Pokemon and assorted sweet and savoury snacks for the students – and various flyers advertising HoTa clients and their services.

"It's...slick, isn't it..." said Selene with a cough, not able at all to disguise how impressed she was by the Expo. Turning to Vince, she felt a slight pang when she initially expected to see Valorie, ready to gush over all the exciting things she was so excited to go and see...but obviously, Valorie wasn't with them. Selene rearranged the wide grin that had slipped from her face momentarily and looked around, feeling like she was giving herself whiplash. "Where shall we go first?!"

((Guys! Feel free to begin the battles!))

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Cam looked down to see the boy on crutches, being a lot taller than his brother. He grinned. "Hiya kid. Sorry I scared ya... and that kid over there." He had glanced over at Ciel, who was shaking for an entirely different reason. "Oh-kay, kid got social issues?"

"Yeh-hep," SKye replied softly. Cameron nodded once and gave the other a reassuring smile.

He glanced back at Bri. "Hiya there! I'm not going to ask how you messed up your leg because we are being swept up in this evil thing called a crowd. Sol! You alive?" His Absol huffed, irritated by the man's exaggeration. "Okay we're good. My buddy will join us later." Skye blinked at him almost quizzically but said nothing. Instead he handed the teen Jolt's Pokeball, which shook merrily. They were led inside, Skye reflexively grabbing Ciel's wrist so he didn't lose him.

Inside... Skye had to admit the foyer was a good-looking place. However... it stank of money. That did not surprise him though. THese places were meant to, so he felt no disdain. Well, it was a bit gaudy but he lived in a warehouse. Really, where did he come off as fashionable? The guards were a bit much though. He knew there were at least ten people here who could easily beat half of them, Pokemon or not. Could he? Not in his condition no. His arm and leg were still healing. However, he could at least defend himself if things went down. Maybe the guards were here for spies. Great.

A man that looked similar to Brogan was speaking to their principal. Skye recognized him better than he had Brogan. It was the head of HoTa himself. Skye did smile now. He recognized him as a respectable man, someone who had earned every cent on his way to the top. THe man turned to them now and began to speak. Something drew Skye's eye to Ciel during it and he saw the poor boy was panicking like never before. IT was like the train ride except he was about to faint for sure. Skye gave his borhter a nod and went to join him. The boy was still shaking, and it got worse as the room erupted into cheers. He really should have stayed back on the island.

Thankfully the Conference room was large. He led the other to a place to sit, seeing Cam watching. He saw Brogan as he did this and smirked slightly, showing a contempt for her that he was sure would be interpreted as for this room, glancing from her to her father and shaking his head.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme walked along with Mark and the others, not really paying much attention to where she was going. Her mind was on the uselessness that Snype had said. She was supposed to just think before she acted. How was she supposed to do that when she was so angry? Hm... She shook her head and followed along with Snype. Maybe the quack she had yelled at before could be of some use. She already felt better after yelling at her.

Brian

Brian grinned at Cam.

"Don't worry about it. I tend to startle easily. This is Duster! Well, I'd better get moving!" Bri said. He walked after the group inside the large doors and into the impressive room. He saw an impressive looking man that looked a lot like Brogan. Bri was impressed. He looked around to find his other friends during the speech. He walked around the room, but the only familiar face he could make out in the crowd was Brogan. The rest of his friends had disappeared, and he had lost Ciel and Skye in the crowd.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Dragonair seemed to enjoy the attention, pausing a moment to affectionately give Mark a light nudge with her nose. Valorie glanced back and saw this, smiling lightly. She was sure if left behind to their own devices Dragonair would be happy to just spend time with Mark. She then proceeded to call out, for the sake of them actually getting to their destination. They'd have time to enjoy later. Right now they needed to get a move on.

"Dragonair..! C'mon, we've gotta keep moving until we get to the actual place!"

Dragonair glanced up at Valorie, then back at Mark briefly before deciding to follow along. She glanced at Thyme and Snype briefly as she rose, having heard something relating to her. Meanwhile, it didn't take them all that long to reach the HoTa corp building apparently. Valorie could tell that this was where they were heading. As they headed inside, she peered up at the roof. To her relief, it was in fact big, big enough that she was certain Dragonair would have no problem fitting in.

Valorie stood, watching two men that seemed like they were officials talk. When the big boss of the company himself appeared to give his speech, Valorie could not help but be... somewhat impressed. She silently noted that he was a good speaker. What did he mean by her future employers, though? She hadn't ever really imagined working here. The whole idea was a bit confusing, but perhaps she simply didn't understand. Regardless, she was somewhat inspired by the part of his speech where he talked about building one's future. It told her that she should keep striving for her dream of becoming the best. Or at least, that's what she took from it. Valorie silently mouthed something, though nothing had actually come out of her mouth. She then turned to Mark and Xavier as if looking for their thoughts once the speech had finished.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

Having been from the boat to a train was surprising turn of event's for Dante. He thought that the academy was still having class at the island, but they were on a field trip. But, the field trip didn't really phase Dante that much which made it a bit more interesting for having to see a big city like Saffron City. Once the train had stopped at the train station, Dante got off the train and let out his Rufflet in order for it to stretch it's wings. After doing so, Rufflet took off to fly around his master and then landed on Dante's left shoulder.

As he walked down the street with the rest of the academy students, Dante saw a girl in a white hat send out her Dragonair, which amazed Dante mostly because he hasn't seen a trainer with that Pokemon. But soon a huge building caught Dante's eyes, with that Dante started to read the sign on the building.

HOTA, what does that mean?, Dante thought. Having another thought come into his head which was completely different to the thought he was previously was in his head. Okay, this is going to get really boring quickly.

Just then, Dante heard the cry of a Pidgeot in a distance. Noticing that the bird pokemon was getting closer to the building, Dante soon saw that there was a person on top of the Pidgeot. Dante didn't really that much because he was already headed his way inside the building following the rest of the student body.

As Dante continued walking with the rest of the group, he noticed that there was a man in a suit stopped everybody and started to give a speech. This speech actually caught Dante's attention long enough to listen to the man.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark was fairly impressed by the structure of the building. While he's lived in a city his entire life, he never had an opportunity to be in a building of this Stature. Mark was in awe. Once inside the building, Mr Houghton Taylor himself greeted each of the students to the expo. Mark was impressed with the long speech he had given to the rest of the students and the more he talked, the more excited he became to explore the expo and see what they had in store.

After the speech, The students were lead into the conference center which had 4 battlefields set up. One of the employes offered a drink and some poke blocks to him and he gladly accepted. Snype began munching on one of the blocks immediately while Mark began to drink up.

"Heh... so... where to first?" Mark asked.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme snatched a green pokeblock and began munching on it. She scanned the area. Mostly, all she could see were people's legs. She sighed. This was why she hated being at ground level. Well, one way to fix that. With a good long look at Snype, she walked over to Mark and began climbing up his back to get to his shoulder. He was... Quite a bit taller than Brian. And his hair was shorter, so she didn't get good handholds. Never-the-less, she made it. She sat down on his right shoulder with a look of supreme boredom and took a bite of her pokeblock. She scanned the room for anyone. Well, Brian in particular. But, he didn't seem to be around. Still, she'd have to be watchful. She spotted an all to familiar red head that was coming her way. Soon, the pale, skinny boy was standing in front of Mark. He had an odd gleam in his eyes as he spotted her.

"Well! It's that Snivy from before! Find your trainer did you? That's good! Hey! Hey hey hey! listen to me!" he began. Thyme rolled her eyes and looked at Snype.

"Could someone please take him back to the loony bin where he escaped from? she said sarcastically. The boy didn't seem to hear her.

Quincy

As soon as they were in the doors, Quin found himself in charge again. He grinned happily and set offf to find... Someone. He soon spotted a familiar Snivy sitting on a boy's shoulder. He naturally assumed her was her trainer. He shoved his way through the crowd until he was standing in front of him.

"Well! It's that Snivy from before! Find your trainer did you? That's good! Hey! Hey hey hey! listen to me!" he began. The snivy rolled her eyes and looked very uncomfortable.

"Snive! Snivy snive!" she said to something on the ground. Quin looked down to see a Sableye grinning up at him. That didn't bug him, because Sableye always were grinning. He turned back to his victim to continue his ear rape the boy with the snivy, intent on speaking some more.

"Anyways... I'm Quin... Nice to meet you!" Quin said Zara cackled at him.

"I'm not bailing you out this time Quin!" Zara said with a laugh. Quin scowled.

"Shut up Zara! Sorry about that. Do you know where we are? This is the HoTa building! The source of their power! Of their evil! They are taking valuable reasources and bleeding the planet dry to line their own pockets! This facility, was built on top of an ancient burial site. It was said that who ever held this land held great power! And the HoTa corp is!" Quin said to his rapt audience. He was speaking quoetly and would stop as various HoTa people came around. He didn't accept any food or drink. That had probably been bigged or drugged.

"I wouldn't eat that if I were you. It has a powerful mind control device inside of it. That must be their plan, to brainwash all of the up and coming trainers! That's why they set this whole display of power up! Why else go to such great lengths to unsure that everyone from Oak Academy is here?" Quin said, not letting them get a chance to speak.

"Oh god! Make it stop!" the snivy said, throwing her arm over her chest dramatically. Of course, all Quin heard was her usual 'snivy snive!' He looked at her oddly as Zara laughed wildly.

"Bwahahaha! This is so funny! Look, they aren't even paying attention!" Zara said with a laugh.

"Shut up Zara! Anyways, is you snivy alright? She doesn't look to good," Quin said. Snivy scowled at him. She probably thought he was a moron.

Megaman765

Years
Snype

Snype Jumped up onto Mark's left shoulder along with Thyme. Thankfully they were both really light Pokemon... Mark didn't seem to mind though he just needed to worry about not letting them fall. Then some other kid began to approach him... Snype snickered at Thymes comment about him coming from a loony bin.

Mark

Mark was caught off guard by quincy's sudden introduction... may as well be nice. "Uh... hi! Names Mark." Mark said before he went on his rant about the HoTa Corp. Mark really wanted to chuckle at how ridiculous he was sounding at the moment... but stood cool and decided to humor the kid.

"Brainwash huh? Well if they're trying to brainwash us at least they got good taste in food and drinks before we head to our "doom". Mark said trying to go along with it. He thought it was ridiculous but already he was having fun going along with the whole act. He was too chill to really take it seriously.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

"When did I say anything about doom? No, they wouldn't send you to your doom. They'd be more subtle than that. They would slowly turn everyone to their side. Strip them of their will to chose. You'll all be fanatical to the HoTa Corp in ten years! Trust me, it's already begun!" Quin said as Zara cackled at him from the inside and the snivy laughed wildly at him from the outside. He didn't care. He had found a fellow believer. And he jumped on it.

"He's just messing with you! He doesn't really believe you!" Zara said with great joy. Quin rolled his eyes at the comment. He knew this one was different.

"Oh my god! What is wrong with this guy!? Mark, if you have half the sense you pretend to have get rid of him now! Before he gets worse!" the snivy said, of course again, Quin merely heard her say her name. But it was clear from her body language what she was saying. He shook his head.

"Zara, how many times do I have to tell you to shut up? "At least once more!" Shut up Zara! "Heheheh!" Really! Anyays I know you're a true believer, like myself! But the rest of these people! They will rue the day when they wake up and realise they are all slaves to an oppressive regime! But... We can prevent that! We have to! The HoTa Corp is making many plans... Like the ATKA Grid! It's a device installed in New Bark Town that they use to alter the weather. But they can really use it as a weapon! They can target a place and cause a natural diaster there! And they have used it many times! Remeber that flood a few years ago that wiped out that village? That was them!" Quin continued unperterbed. His audience was listening, enraptured by his words. He was really getting through to them this time.

"What an absolute load of crap!" the snivy said, clutching her chest as she fought for breath through the laughter. She leaned her hand on Mark's head and kept laughing until she began to cough. After a few seconds, she was alright. But Quin had launched into another theory, with Zara always laughing in his mind.

"But that's not the only thing they've done! No, they've been creating a chain of genectically enhanced pokemon! With those pokemon, they'll arm everyone they've brainwashed and take over the world! It'll start with Kanto! No one will be able to stop them! But the more people that know about this, the easier it will be to end it!" Quin said. He paused for breath and pulled out his water bottle and took a sip.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Now y'see, Valorie was right beside Mark.

Valorie just sort of looked at Quin as he came up and started going off about stuff with this disturbed look on her face. It totally had 'What is wrong with you?' written all over it. Yet, that look developed a hint of pity as he went off. This boy was weird... really weird. She silently mused to herself that he should go hang out with MacKenzie, so they can be weird together. Then again, MacKenzie was more of an obnoxious weird whereas this boy was just... loony weird. Dragonair noticed the look on Valorie's face and just sort of lowered her head down next to Valorie's trying to follow her gaze to see what she was looking at. She saw a boy who was talking his head off, but it was exceedingly difficult for her to understand exactly what he was saying. She understood bits and pieces, but the concept was lost. Thus, it might as well have been gibberish to her.

Valorie just sort of eventually found herself raising an eyebrow. This guy was... serious. Wow. She didn't know what to make of this. Y'see, Valorie didn't even understand her own sleep walking, let alone a mental condition like Quin's. The result was that she made the following snide, sarcastic remark in Quin's direction.

"So if I eat the food, will I stop hearing this /nonsense/?"

Megaman765

Years
Wow... Mark knew that Quin was serious but not THAT serious... he was having allot of fun just listening to the kids nonsense about mind control and junk like that. Both Thyme AND Snype were laughing hysterically, hanging onto his head so that they didn't fall off. Geez he really hoped that the other students weren't believing this kid... security didn't seem to care too much about the kids ranting either.

"Geez alright I can sorta get your point but genetically enhanced Pokemon? That's a bit too crazy even for my taste. I'm sure there's bigger things to worry about then HoTa Corporation..." Mark said. Snype was still snickering a bit.

Mark wondered who this Zara person he was talking to was supposed to be? Was he talking to himself? He looked back at Valorie and gave a look as if saying, "Can you believe this kid?"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

Xavier looked down at Maria and told her that she would be aloud out if she behaved, after all the impressive architecture of the building was something he was sure Maria would enjoy, he was about to comment on Valories dragonair (he had been in awe up until that moment) when Quinn began to rant.

"Pffft... aren't you a downer." Xavier said walking up to Quinn.

"I don't usually get annoyed but people like you always bug me... All talk and nothing else." Xavier sighed.

"Look kid I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying that complaining to us is getting you nowhere. I mean I highly doubt that they his mind-control devices in their food or they're flooding towns with a weather machine. If you just randomly blurt that out nobody will believe you." Xavier grabbed two danishs and shoved one in his mouth.

"I mean comeon, it's Ok to have doubts but randomly blurting out that a company is planning to take over the world is just ridiculous. Especially if you're doing it in said companys corporate offices, not to mention your "doubts" are outrageous! You can't just accuse people of such things and automatically assume they're trying to control our minds with food... if you ask me your just paranoid." Xavier stretched his hands above his head and yawned.

"Silly kid... I mean combine that to the fact that you're talking to some person called Zara who doesn't seem to exist and people aren't listening to you because they believe you, they just find it funny when an insane wierdo goes ranting." He put his hand on Quinns shoulder.

"and another thing! If you want to destroy a companies reputation then you have to back your facts up. In fact... find some hard core evidence and make a stand by yourself and I'll stand beside you if the time comes. But for now... just stop embarassing yourself." Xavier finished.

"I think I've made my point. Now how about you stop bothering me by bothering everyone else, k?" Xavier smiled.

"Oh and by the way Valorie, that is probably one of the most well developed Dragonair I have ever seen. Well done." Xavier said releasing Quinn and walking towards her.

Maria

Maria looked up at Xavier in awe. She had never seen him like this, at least not since his mother died. He was determined and confident. He had even stepped in front of a croud to try and calm down that Psycoepath.

She ran up to Xavier.

"Oh Xavier well done, I'm so proud!"

Xavier

Xavier smiled as Maria ran up to him.

"Vee, Eevee eevee vee eevee!" She chirped happily, Xavier could interpret her meaning easily enough and petted her.

"Thank you Maria... that means alot." Xavier smiled.

Xavier stood out and turned to Valorie.

He held out the other pastrie in his hand and shoved the rest of his own into his mouth.

"Want a danish?" he muffled out through a mouth full of food.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Quin didn't catch the sarcastic nature of the blonde haired girl's remark.

"But... How would eating something make you not hear?" Quin asked with a confused look on his face. The snivy and Zara howled with laughter. He listened thoughtfully to the other boy and totally ignored him. This kid was affected already. He didn't know what he was saying.

"Yeah no. And you are totally right Mark! There are bigger things out there than the HoTa Corp. Like..." he paused as he tried to think of one that would totally freak them out.

"Like the Bringers of Darkness!" he exclaimed eagerly. The snivy rolled her eyes as she tried to catch her breath.

"Oh, here we go!" she said as she shook her head while Quin tried to remember all of the details about the Bringers.

(OOC: Sorry, short rant this time. I ran out of stuff last night and I need time to think of more. XD)

Megaman765

Years
Holy Cow! Mark actually went off and made it worse! Brings of Darkness? Now what was he going on about? It went from fun to just plain annoying... He had to stop this quick...

"Um... yeah... bringers of darkness... sure... erm... hey why don't we just battle or something? I need to give my pokemon a bit of a workout. What do ya say?" Mark asked Quin. He hoped he would accept it. Better then listening to the rest of his nonsense. It was starting to scare Mark...

Nideous

Years
(OOC: I can't tell you how much I love Quin. He's gone and gotten under the skin of everyone he's met so far. XD)

"Battle?" Quin asked, caught off guard by the sudden request. Hm... Well, he was a trainer first, so why not?

"You're on your own on this one!" Zara said. Quin shrugged. He wasn't going to let Zara out anyways. He was crazy. That would be a bad choice with so many people around to try and hurt.

"I'd love to battle! Oh... Wait... Ahah! There are some battlefields over there! Let's go! How about a three on three battle?" Quin said. He had said it mainly because he only had three pokemon, but oh well. Zemda, Arcino, and Logana. All three of them were pretty strong.

"I'm not fighting for you!" the snivy said to Mark, as she sat down and rested on his shoulder. Quin began pushing his way through the crowd to get to the battlefield. He knew Mark would be following him. You don't challenge someone to a battle and then run off. That simply was not how things were done! He put his hand on Arcino's pokeball. The grovyle was his usual starter for battles.

Megaman765

Years
Thankfully he accepted the request for a battle and stopped blabbing on. It worked out perfectly for him. Three on Three would work out nicely for Mark... Mark reached for his belt and grabbed a Pokeball. Snype continued relaxing on Mark's shoulder to spectate the battle with Thyme. He was deciding if he wanted to join in or not.

"Alright Commodore! Lets go!" Mark called out as he threw his Pokeball to the battlefield, revealing a Porygon. It caught a couple students interest, mostly because Quin attracted allot of attention in the first place after all.

Back